Sign in to follow this  
Isotopes

P90X

Has anyone done this? I remember awhile back someone posting about it but I don't remember who it was. I am thinking about buying it. I have been working out but I think I would do better if I had a set routine to follow. I can get it for about $80 on ebay and I am wondering if it is worth it.

The Moz did the program a while back and said it def works but it's pure torture the first few weeks. I have thought about starting the program myself but I don't think there's anyway in the world I could stick to the diet plan they have.

The Moz did the program a while back and said it def works but it's pure torture the first few weeks. I have thought about starting the program myself but I don't think there's anyway in the world I could stick to the diet plan they have.

The main thing I read about the diet plan is that it is pretty expensive. Someone on another board said it was costing about $80 for 2 days worth of food. I am not sure how accurate that really is though.

The main thing I read about the diet plan is that it is pretty expensive. Someone on another board said it was costing about $80 for 2 days worth of food. I am not sure how accurate that really is though.

I guess if you wanted to follow the program to absolute perfection the food could get really pricey. I found this info on a forum and it looks like this is the exact program about halfway down the page. I suppose if you wanted to follow that exact menu it would cost you a ton. Im sure you could work your way around it tho and still get the preferred nutrition you need.

Its a good workout, but I didn't follow the diet plan. Tony Horton is an annoying jackass, but the workouts are decent. The first two weeks suck, but after you get used to it, its not that bad, I found myself going for runs after because I was in better shape.

I have found lots of "customer" success stories. I have found so many that I have started to wonder if they just hire people to go around to message boards and say how great it is.

I have found lots of "customer" success stories. I have found so many that I have started to wonder if they just hire people to go around to message boards and say how great it is.

of course they do

it didnt work for me

of course they do

it didnt work for me

Yeah, but the trick is you have to do it for the whole 90 days.

I've done quite a bit of reading on this, and you gotta be honest with yourself.

If you're not already in pretty decent shape when you start this, you'll DIE trying to do this workout and keep it up for 90 days.

If you want a free "muscle confusion" workout, check out:

Warrior X-fit

Probably not as killer as the P90X (I've never checked out the details), but as with all such programs, you get what you put into it. Different workout for each day of the month, takes about 20 minutes.

Click on the video of the day to see what the exercises are. 6 different exercises, 6 sets with little rest in between. Then click on "music" on the right (I do this in a different window so I keep the exercises on the screen) and select your music. It tells you when to start and stop each set.

If you want a free "muscle confusion" workout, check out:

Warrior X-fit

Probably not as killer as the P90X (I've never checked out the details), but as with all such programs, you get what you put into it. Different workout for each day of the month, takes about 20 minutes.

Click on the video of the day to see what the exercises are. 6 different exercises, 6 sets with little rest in between. Then click on "music" on the right (I do this in a different window so I keep the exercises on the screen) and select your music. It tells you when to start and stop each set.

The time thing is cool, thats what made me only do 90 days of P90X. I work out for my job in the morning, but its not that good, so I was doing it again after work. So that was essentially about 2.5 hours a day working out. Then you only get one day off a week, too long for me.

I thought this was a thread about Call of Duty 4

Me too :doublethumbsup:

Why do people need some roided up f@ggot telling them how to work out? Develop your own routine and stick to it, cmon guys.

Why do people need some roided up f@ggot telling them how to work out? Develop your own routine and stick to it, cmon guys.

Peeps need direction.

Peeps need direction.

I understand that, but go online and look up some routines or ask your friends that lift weights, don't spend money on a program.

From what i hear, it does work, but i think paying money for someone to tell you how to work out is a big waste.

I understand that, but go online and look up some routines or ask your friends that lift weights, don't spend money on a program.

From what i hear, it does work, but i think paying money for someone to tell you how to work out is a big waste.

$120. Gym membership for $90 days is typically $30/month plus some kind of sign up fee. Plus, p90x provides you with a nutritional plan.

Its a great program for people who are new to working out. Even people who have been going for a few years.

Yeah it works. I did it for 2 weeks and then just couldn't keep up with the damned time constraints with it. It's pretty freaking time consuming and I'd be missing a day here day there because I have a damned life with wife/kids/heavy work schedule.

It just took to damned much time. I work out on my own.

Currently doing the Body for Life workout again... I've done it in the past.... and although it's 6 days a week the longest your in the gym is 47 minutes. You do get a good workout though.

Tony Horton isn't exactly roided up.

Something like P90X is a good way for people to get started and learn how to develop their own workout. That's what I did with the original Power 90, and now I checked out P90X a little bit and tried to incorporate some elements of it, like some of the plyo exercises.

My nephew is doing the full program to prepare for boot camp. He was in pretty good shape to begin with and he's happy with the program.

if you can do the video, it means you are already in very good shape... so the whole thing is an oxymoron...

if you can't do a substantial number of pullups already, i wouldnt bother...

$120. Gym membership for $90 days is typically $30/month plus some kind of sign up fee. Plus, p90x provides you with a nutritional plan.

Its a great program for people who are new to working out. Even people who have been going for a few years.

p90x doesn't compare with the resources in a gym membership, comparing the two is stupid...

if you need a gimmick to convince yourself to work out and want to pay out your azz for a video, i guess give it a go...

p90x doesn't compare with the resources in a gym membership, comparing the two is stupid...

if you need a gimmick to convince yourself to work out and want to pay out your azz for a video, i guess give it a go...

Thats the thing. We have this illusion that we need all those weights, equipment, cardio machines, etc. In reality, you can do a lot with just a few resources. I'm someone who loves the gym. I've been out of shape for about a year now, but for a while i was in the 10%bf range. I know more about nutrition than probably anyone on this board. I know more about routines than probably anyone on this board. I've done a few of the workouts from this program (my cousin bought the program) and i gotta say they're fun, effective, and give you a focking workout.

At the gym, i only used 5 pieces of equipment. All those stupid machines are unnecessary

The point about the videos is, it's not a gimmick. Its real focking workouts that are effective. I doubt anyone here can make it through and say, that was easy. Anybody who thinks its a gimmick is crazy. For $120 i thin p90x is more effective than the gym. To get the same instruction on exercises, you'd have to pay a trainer probably around $250 for 8 sessions. P90x teaches you the lifts and gives you a comprehensive food guide for far less than that.

Its funny, when you read various message boards, 90% of the people bash it have never tried it and 75% of the people who have tried it, say its a great program.

I know more about nutrition than probably anyone on this board. I know more about routines than probably anyone on this board.

:wub:

Whatevah you say, bananaboy.

Thats the thing. We have this illusion that we need all those weights, equipment, cardio machines, etc. In reality, you can do a lot with just a few resources. I'm someone who loves the gym. I've been out of shape for about a year now, but for a while i was in the 10%bf range. I know more about nutrition than probably anyone on this board. I know more about routines than probably anyone on this board. I've done a few of the workouts from this program (my cousin bought the program) and i gotta say they're fun, effective, and give you a focking workout.

At the gym, i only used 5 pieces of equipment. All those stupid machines are unnecessary

The point about the videos is, it's not a gimmick. Its real focking workouts that are effective. I doubt anyone here can make it through and say, that was easy. Anybody who thinks its a gimmick is crazy. For $120 i thin p90x is more effective than the gym. To get the same instruction on exercises, you'd have to pay a trainer probably around $250 for 8 sessions. P90x teaches you the lifts and gives you a comprehensive food guide for far less than that.

Its funny, when you read various message boards, 90% of the people bash it have never tried it and 75% of the people who have tried it, say its a great program.

You are missing the point... I gave up my gym membership to put in a 3 way adjustable bench, and i have freeweights from 5-60lbs in my house .. I can 'pretty much' do everything i did in the gym with some slight modifications.

If you have the motivation to work out for an hour 3-5x week and put a decent effort into eating well, you will see results.. An hour of research on the internet will give you a fine routine if you don't understand how to put one together....

Whatever it takes to get you excited enough to do a routine... then i guess its worth it.. if you need to spend $120 on an overpriced routine to 'psych' you up to workout, thats great... just saying its about the motivation to perservere through a workout longterm...

You are missing the point... I gave up my gym membership to put in a 3 way adjustable bench, and i have freeweights from 5-60lbs in my house .. I can 'pretty much' do everything i did in the gym with some slight modifications.

If you have the motivation to work out for an hour 3-5x week and put a decent effort into eating well, you will see results.. An hour of research on the internet will give you a fine routine if you don't understand how to put one together....

Whatever it takes to get you excited enough to do a routine... then i guess its worth it.. if you need to spend $120 on an overpriced routine to 'psych' you up to workout, thats great... just saying its about the motivation to perservere through a workout longterm...

How much did the weights cost you? The bench? With p90x, all you need are some resistance bands, floor mat, and a pull up bar. All together, you're looking at under $200. The video shows people how to do proper lifts. The program provides a detailed nutrition plan. Yea, you can go online and look at various exercises on youtube or bodybuilding.com, but this puts everything into one place. You don't need to figure out a routine. Plus, the program builds functional strength. I think iso exercises are the biggest waste of time ever. People who have "arm days" and do 4 bicep and 3 tricep workouts are doing it all wrong.

I understand your point of view as well. Doing push ups, squats, and a few basic other things will show results. You don't need some crazy diet either. Doing something is the biggest step anyone can take. I don't know why people are bashing P90x when its not even that expensive. I know its not for everyone and i wouldn't recommend it for everyone. I'm not suggesting its the best program for you. Personally, i wouldn't do it unless i was in the mood to try something different, and even then i would only do it for a week or two. My diet is very good. I don't agree with the diet provided with p90x. Too many carbs, not enough fats in my opinion, but for lot of people, its a huge step up over what they were eating.

I don't want to sound like some infomercial for the program. My main point is, its a good program for people who want to try it. Its not for everyone. There are better options for different people. But to call it a waste of money is ridiculous. You guys are bashing it without even trying it. Try doing a few workouts then say its a waste of money.

I know a guy who was talking about how focking hard and awesome P90X is and how ubber ripped and awesome he has become.

Last Saturday, we had a huge 5K here. My wife wanted to walk it, and I wanted to run. We didn't know what to do with the kids, who together weigh more than 100 pounds.

So I stuffed them into a double baby jogger and started out in the back of the pack.

There were tons of walkers, staggerers and lumbering fatties who situated themselves way too far up in the starting pack than they should have, so I had to ram that jogger up over curbs and onto sidewalks to get into any daylight.

Back on the street, I had to zigzag around like a water bug to finally break free. Despite the slow start, I managed to finish the first mile in under 11 minutes pushing more than 100 pounds of meat in a stroller up and down hills. (Downhill was just as bad because I'd forgotten to hook up the brake and had to use my heels a lot to keep from running out of control.)

So I'm pushing the meat up this steep hill, and there is Mr. P90X, walking already after only 1.5 miles into a 5K.

He broke into a jog as I passed and tried to keep up, but I lost him after about 200 yards and never saw him again.

I wonder if he even finished.

Running > P90X. (The "P" stands for POOSAY!!!!)

:thumbsdown:

For what? For prepping for a 5K? Go figure.

I've heard P90X is wonderful for training to complete a gay pride march.

:shocking:

I thought this was a thread about Call of Duty 4

I still don't know what this is about.

XBOX?

a Nissan car?

How much did the weights cost you? The bench? With p90x, all you need are some resistance bands, floor mat, and a pull up bar. All together, you're looking at under $200. The video shows people how to do proper lifts. The program provides a detailed nutrition plan. Yea, you can go online and look at various exercises on youtube or bodybuilding.com, but this puts everything into one place. You don't need to figure out a routine. Plus, the program builds functional strength. I think iso exercises are the biggest waste of time ever. People who have "arm days" and do 4 bicep and 3 tricep workouts are doing it all wrong.

I understand your point of view as well. Doing push ups, squats, and a few basic other things will show results. You don't need some crazy diet either. Doing something is the biggest step anyone can take. I don't know why people are bashing P90x when its not even that expensive. I know its not for everyone and i wouldn't recommend it for everyone. I'm not suggesting its the best program for you. Personally, i wouldn't do it unless i was in the mood to try something different, and even then i would only do it for a week or two. My diet is very good. I don't agree with the diet provided with p90x. Too many carbs, not enough fats in my opinion, but for lot of people, its a huge step up over what they were eating.

I don't want to sound like some infomercial for the program. My main point is, its a good program for people who want to try it. Its not for everyone. There are better options for different people. But to call it a waste of money is ridiculous. You guys are bashing it without even trying it. Try doing a few workouts then say its a waste of money.

i agree

i don't belong to a gym. all i have is a pullup bar, some free weights, a mat, and some resistance bands and I have my own ruotine that works well for me.

i eat terribly but im from the Ochocinco school of thought. I.E. you can eat whatever you want as long as you work out properly :shocking:

but i wont knock P90X. If some people think it works for them, it works period. I personally think most packaged workout routines and programs are a load of crap anyway. Not that they don't work, more that anyone can put a "program" together and make money off it.

One of my coworkers bought the P90X and I'm pretty sure I could kick his ass.

Thus it's worthless.

One of my coworkers bought the P90X and I'm pretty sure I could kick his ass.

Thus it's worthless.

This plus Rusty's story about running faster than a p90x guy is all the evidence I need. P90X is for pussies.