Sign in to follow this  
xenophobe

Cutler is officially done in Denver

If Childress had a brain then Cutler would be in Eden Prairie, MN tomorrow for a press conference.

hey, at least denver is saving face, right? that's much much more important than keeping a franchise qb.

:blink:

If Childress had a brain then Cutler would be in Eden Prairie, MN tomorrow for a press conference.

i think with the official announcement there's going to be a feeding frenzy and denver's going to get quite a haul...so much of a haul that the fans of the team he goes to are gonna gulp.

i think with the official announcement there's going to be a feeding frenzy and denver's going to get quite a haul...so much of a haul that the fans of the team he goes to are gonna gulp.

Usually, teams hold back knowing Denver has to move him... I suppose this case could be different... MB

This is great news. I always look forward to some off-season drama to keep me entertained until the season begins.

I wonder if they still have Jake "The Snake" Plummers cell phone #?

Seriously though.......Jeff Garcia heads a "mile high" :blink:

Usually, teams hold back knowing Denver has to move him... I suppose this case could be different... MB

i think what makes this different is cutler's age, his ability, his contract, his position...heck, when denver said they weren't going to trade him the report was double-digit teams still made the call to denver.

i think in this particular situation, denver leverages the interest. cripes, they can play the entire nfcn off each other (with the exception of the packers). "yeah, bears? unless you offer something better, we're going to trade cutler to the vikings." and vice-versa.

that's just one division...then you've got the jets and a bunch more teams.

true, maybe some teams have cooled on him based on his behavior in this situation...but young franchise-type qbs just don't go on the market. that's where the feeding frenzy comes in.

Could he go to Detroit for this year's #1?

Would Detroit do that? If so, CJ and K. Smith could put up huge numbers...

When Brett Favre decides in a few weeks that he wants to attempt a "comeback" with Denver and the Jets won't release him or trade him for draft choices + Cutler, causing him to "retire" again, this thing will get really interesting.

When Brett Favre decides in a few weeks that he wants to attempt a "comeback" with Denver and the Jets won't release him or trade him for draft choices + Cutler, causing him to "retire" again, this thing will get really interesting.

I thought I heard that Favre has already filed his retirement papers to the league... I could be wrong, but I think this time he's in fact done... MB

This puts Denver in a bad spot. Teams know that they have to move him. I guess the bright spot is there should be many offers for him, so the bidding my get them a good return. But how many teams can they get a decent QB back from? Minny should be first in line, if they were smart. I guess we have to see who the QB will be there, but this can't be good news for Brandon Marshall owners. Whatever QB they start this season won't put up stats like Cutler. As if Brandon Marshall owners hadn't had a bad enough off-season as is.

there will be a couple teams whose fans will be upset if they don't land Cutler and the team that does will probably have some upset fans over what it took to land him.

As much as I fear the Jets QB situation I was really looking forward to their first round choice this season with so many WR's available... Perhaps with the position being so deep they could hold on to their 2nd rounder and find one there?

But I also hesitate as a Jets fan after being burned by another QB trade last year.....

Could he go to Detroit for this year's #1?

Would Detroit do that? If so, CJ and K. Smith could put up huge numbers...

interesting question. don't know. i'd assume denver wouldn't want the #1 simply because of finances. not sure how the value chart works out on that one, anyway.

the lions at this point know whether they want stafford or not. i find it an interesting coincidence that on the day the lions have their extensive private workout with stafford--and he passes with flying colors--that denver announces open season on cutler.

if detroit were interested in cutler...i'd assume they would want to package the #20 overall pick and draft smith at #1.

lol...would that vastly improve them in a hurry or what?

hey, at least denver is saving face, right? that's much much more important than keeping a franchise qb.

:pointstosky:

What are they supposed to do? The baby won't talk to them or show up for meetings or work-outs.

What are they supposed to do? The baby won't talk to them or show up for meetings or work-outs.

Denver had a chance to keep Cutler. Don't hire a new young schmuck (sp?) of a coach that tries to replace him with a lesser player. Also, Bowlen shouldn't have promised Cutler that his o-c and/or qb coach would remain with the team and then allow little pioli to fire them.

Denver had a chance to keep Cutler. Don't hire a new young schmuck (sp?) of a coach that tries to replace him with a lesser player. Also, Bowlen shouldn't have promised Cutler that his o-c and/or qb coach would remain with the team and then allow little pioli to fire them.

I dunno dude... Cutler is owed nothing by the organization, he's a player on the team just like the rest of the guys are... And what about the reports that Cutler wanted to be traded BEFORE his name surfaced in the "cassel" talks... and now he's all mad about it now , when supposedly he had requested a trade earlier than when the the Cassel talks started... He seems to be drinking the same "stupid" juice as Brandon Marshall these days... I'm just not a big fan of the kid...

I think both sides bear some blame here, but Cutler seems to be the big cry baby here to me... Big time... MB

I dunno dude... Cutler is owed nothing by the organization, he's a player on the team just like the rest of the guys are... And what about the reports that Cutler wanted to be traded BEFORE his name surfaced in the "cassel" talks... and now he's all mad about it now , when supposedly he had requested a trade earlier than when the the Cassel talks started... He seems to be drinking the same "stupid" juice as Brandon Marshall these days... I'm just not a big fan of the kid...

I think both sides bear some blame here, but Cutler seems to be the big cry baby here to me... Big time... MB

I think the Broncos may have made up the story that Cutler requested a trade before the Cassel talks to take some of the heat off of them. Let's assume though that it's true that Cutler requested a trade before. Why would he do that? And why would it not get leaked right away like everything else seems to?

I think the Broncos may have made up the story that Cutler requested a trade before the Cassel talks to take some of the heat off of them. Let's assume though that it's true that Cutler requested a trade before. Why would he do that? And why would it not get leaked right away like everything else seems to?

My guess is he was pissed that Shanny got whacked unexpectedly... I dunno, like I said both sides are to blame here, and it will be interesting to see what Denver can get for their "hot head" QB at this point... Time will tell... If I'm the Jets GM, I'm already on the phone... MB

Also, why, if Cutler asked to be traded, and the Broncos tried to trade him to Detroit or Tampa Bay, why why why would he be upset about it? He wouldn't be. That's why it seems obvious to me that someone within the Broncos organization told a story to Peter King of SI.com that Cutler had requested a trade before the Cassel talks. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

Donovan and a first round pick for Cutler. Denver gets a better QB in return than any other team being mentioned will be able to throw their way and a first round pick to shore up their god-awful defense. Philly finally gets over the McNabb era (which I have no complaints about at all, but a lot here do). Its win-win.

I'd hate to see McNabb go, but I'd be willing for Cutler. ######, I'd probably throw in another pick, just not their other first..

Pat Bowlen = Owner

Josh McDaniels = Boss

Jay Cutler = Employee

another reason denver wants pat bowlen out of there...they havent won a playoff game since elway quit...

josh mcdaniels...WHO? i mean...really...WHO? besides a coach who stepped in and made a colossel mistake...

they shouldve fired josh and kept jay...

Pat Bowlen = Owner

Josh McDaniels = Boss

Jay Cutler = Employee

Employee wants to work for a different owner and a different boss. This is what he needs to do to accomplish that.

another reason denver wants pat bowlen out of there...they havent won a playoff game since elway quit...

josh mcdaniels...WHO? i mean...really...WHO? besides a coach who stepped in and made a colossel mistake...

they shouldve fired josh and kept jay...

Actually they have won a playoff game since Elway left. ONE, but there is one.

Beat New England in 2005 divisional playoffs.

I was hoping Brett would come back for a stint with Minnesota. He wanted it last offseason, but the Packers made sure he never got the chance. But in 2009...

on the surface, the team that makes the most sense (like many rumors have it) is cleveland...they'd have quinn to part with in a trade. one rumor i saw that made logical sense is quinn-for-cutler and flop of first-round picks this year.

on the surface, the team that makes the most sense (like many rumors have it) is cleveland...they'd have quinn to part with in a trade. one rumor i saw that made logical sense is quinn-for-cutler and flop of first-round picks this year.

I assume you mean "swap" of picks. I think the trade would be Quinn and the Browns first pick straight up for Cutler considering that teams like the Bucs and Jets will probably be willing to overpay for Cutler.

I assume you mean "swap" of picks. I think the trade would be Quinn and the Browns first pick straight up for Cutler considering that teams like the Bucs and Jets will probably be willing to overpay for Cutler.

yeah, i meant the 12-for-5 pick. the issue with the bucs and the jets is they don't have a quinn to trade. in fact, very few (if any) teams have a quinn to trade back to denver. that does give cleveland a bit of leverage, especially if denver likes quinn.

but the other teams without a viable qb to give back will have to, no doubt, pay a lot more.

i do think that denver can maximize the most value by playing the nfcn teams off each other.

Donovan and a first round pick for Cutler. Denver gets a better QB in return than any other team being mentioned will be able to throw their way and a first round pick to shore up their god-awful defense. Philly finally gets over the McNabb era (which I have no complaints about at all, but a lot here do). Its win-win.

I'd hate to see McNabb go, but I'd be willing for Cutler. ######, I'd probably throw in another pick, just not their other first..

Cutler sounds like a head case. I can almost guarantee the first sign that the media starts to beat him up publicly, or the first time the fans start to get on him, he will retaliate in such a manner where he will never win back either.

Everyone's killed McNabb in this town, and you have to give him credit, he's put up with it well for the past decade.

IMO, Cutler won't survive. I think NY would be a horrible place for him, too.

I could see Minnesota. Hell, the Titans could pony up a stop gap in Kerry Collins and their first round pick and another pick for him.

My guess is he was pissed that Shanny got whacked unexpectedly... I dunno, like I said both sides are to blame here, and it will be interesting to see what Denver can get for their "hot head" QB at this point... Time will tell... If I'm the Jets GM, I'm already on the phone... MB

Tannenbaum has already been on the phone prior to this announcement im sure as there had been a couple articles publicly stating the Jets interest in acquiring Cutler if he was made available.

Time will tell if they ultimely offer the best package

But what can Minny offer?

Would have to be a 3 way deal with Cleveland so Denver would get a QB...or some Hershal Walker type give up of draft picks.

I really don't want him in the North though as a Packer fan. Cutler to Calvin would scare me...though, those would be some high scoring games.

Looks like someone believes everything Bus Cook says.

Look, the team is mostly at fault for letting it get to this for sure...but I don't buy that the team is completely lying and Cutler's side is complete truth either.