Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

After talking with quite a few fellow LEO's today...

Obama has don't some very detrimental damage to his reputation with the law enforcement community last night.

I'm in a training with 55 other state, local, and fed agents. Most of us were somewhat angred by what he said last night.

The POTUS getting on national television saying the police acted stupidly in a situation where the LEO was absolutely doing the correct thing and then going on to pretty much lambast law enforcement for unfairly targeting blacks and latino's was a HUGE slap in the face to us.

I've heard from several of my colleagues in D.C. and throughout the nation and they wholeheartedly agree.

This is a direct quote from a female fed agent who was a pretty big obama supporter until last night:

"I will never forgive him for his words last night, and I'll never forget his true feelings about us."

As someone who has given so much of my life; time away from my wife and children, long long hours, the anguish of witnessing such violence and death on a daily basis, it's a pretty disheartening when the POTUS shows he feels that we unfairly target people.

Man I give so much of myself to try to do a good job protecting you and your children. The sh!t I see.... the sh!t that's still up in my head sometimes being out here... it's really hard not to feel discouraged that it's railed against by our leaders. So many of us fock up our lives doing what we do... I don't know guys... it's a big slap in the face.

Last year police officers who died in the line of duty: 136

Last year police officers who committed suicide: 412

I agree. While I voted for Obama I am not very happy with him. I think he jumped the gun on this and I dont think the cops did anything wrong. If it were me and I did the EXACT same thing here I 100% guarantee I would be arrested and the charges would NOT have been dropped.

Why do you hate blacks and latinos?

:thumbsup:

I completely understand where you're coming from. People take cops for granted, until they're getting mugged by some crackhead. You guys definitely have to walk a very delicate line, while trying to protect the lives of us all (and yourself ofcourse).

At the same time, for every good cop like yourself, there's another 5'4" racist ###### who got his a$$ kicked in highschool. I find it hard to believe that racial profiling isn't atleast a moderate issue in the force. I can't remember the last time I saw video of a bunch of cops kicking the crap out of a white guy. I've sure seen quite a few of cops kicking the crap out of black guys.

Some probably do target blacks and latinos. It just takes 1 bad apple to spoil 'em all.

At the same time, for every god cop like yourself, there's another 5'4" racist ##### who got his a$$ kicked in highschool. I find it hard to believe that racial profiling isn't atleast a moderate issue in the force. I can't remember the last time I saw video of a bunch of cops kicking the crap out of a white guy. I've sure seen quite a few of cops kicking the crap out of black guys.

For every good cop, there's another 5"4 racist one? I doubt that. The problem is, good cops don't make the headlines. I love how people say that shit. I'd like to see any of you people who bitch about cops spend ten fucking minutes dealing with all the crap they have to deal with. Hell, I'm not even talking about the stuff that keeps them up at night. I'm not talking about the murders, rapes, husbands beating the crap out of their wives. Most of you couldn't handle the simple stuff like some punk motherfucker who thinks he's too damn special to be bothered by cops who are simply...doing their damn job. The attitudes they get from assholes everywhere who base their entire perspective of cops by the few bad ones they see on the news.

And the point really isn't about the reality of how some cops are/half of cops are/most cops are but putting the blame on the cops in question if they were following protocol. It's the person who called it in that made the assumption.

Could argue that if the man was white and protesting...was pretty emphatic that it was his own house, the cops would have had more pause. But that's the problem, can only speculate. Shouldn't call the situation based on that speculation, especially when it stirs racial tension.

Should mention that I haven't followed the story except for one of the first major reports about it, so maybe something more came out.

eta: Just read about the disorderly conduct, didn't find anything that detailed but I know people who are fiercely protective of the right to their property, and if a cop I thiiiiiiiiink I might have wanted to shrug off his behavior. We just hassled him on his own property, he can be pissed.

His neighbor that saw it go down (not the caller) said this: “I know he was tired and upset, but someone of his stature and education should be a little more understanding,’’ he said. So I take it that it was tense enough to take action.

And the point really isn't about the reality of how some cops are/half of cops are/most cops are but putting the blame on the cops in question if they were following protocol. It's the person who called it in that made the assumption.

I disagree. The person calling it in saw what they saw. Someone breaking into a house. How could they have possibly known it was the mans own house?

Could argue that if the man was white and protesting...was pretty emphatic that it was his own house, the cops would have had more pause. But that's the problem, can only speculate. Shouldn't call the situation based on that speculation, especially when it stirs racial tension.

I would argue that no matter the color. If you start yelling and being a ###### to a cop they are going to arrest your ass for disorderly conduct without ANY regards to your color.

Should mention that I haven't followed the story except for one of the first major reports about it, so maybe something more came out.

I disagree. The person calling it in saw what they saw. Someone breaking into a house. How could they have possibly known it was the mans own house?

Not sure what you're disagreeing with...just stating the fact because if a racial profiling allegation is being made, it wouldn't apply to the cop's actions. Not therefore saying there is blame for that somewhere, just deducting it from there.

I would argue that no matter the color. If you start yelling and being a ###### to a cop they are going to arrest your ass for disorderly conduct without ANY regards to your color.

Haven't read anything detailed about his reaction but hypothetically as a cop (and maybe this inclination would be against protocol) but I'd be inclined to let anything short of being physically threatening slide in that situation.

Not sure what you're disagreeing with...just stating the fact because if a racial profiling allegation is being made, it wouldn't apply to the cop's actions. Not therefore saying there is blame for that somewhere, just deducting it from there.

Haven't read anything detailed about his reaction but hypothetically as a cop (and maybe this inclination would be against protocol) but I'd be inclined to let anything short of being physically threatening slide.

The cop was trying to walk away and the professor can be heard over the cops radio following him screaming and yelling. If I did that I would ASSUME that I would be arrested. But I apparently have more common sense that a Harvard professor.

The cop was trying to walk away and the professor can be heard over the cops radio following him screaming and yelling. If I did that I would ASSUME that I would be arrested. But I apparently have more common sense that a Harvard professor.

Ok, think my hypothetical cop tolerance line directly corresponds to his property line. Agree with you about what anyone should assume the police would do if they were doing that.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsup: Thanks for filling us in on this. I was wondering what our resident geek LEO's thought about this disturbing comment Obama made last night.

Why can't you yell at a cop? I didn't know it was against the law to tell someone to fock off. Freedom of Speech, etc.

Why can't you yell at a cop? I didn't know it was against the law to tell someone to fock off. Freedom of Speech, etc.

It was probably the yelling combined with the physically following that mattered. And it's still really circumstantial I'm betting, like how irate he seemed, might he go physical...

As for yelling generally, there's other limitations but don't think they need to be expounded :thumbsdown:

Why do you hate blacks and latinos?

:thumbsup:

Because they smell funny? :thumbsdown:

Because they smell funny? :thumbsdown:

I meant BESIDES that. Everyone knows they smell funny.

If you curse at him. Most states have a law against foul language and although its not often used that does not mean it can't happen. A guy in michigan was arrested a few years back for cursing. And if you flip him off or grab your crotch or something you might be charged with disorderly conduct. The point is simple. Why the fock do you wanna harass a ###### cop? If you have a problem wait till its all over and go to the duty station and complain to HIS boss. Especially as a professor at Harvard who obviously has pull. Ya dont start acting like a dipsh!t and following the cop and calling him names. And if you dont have connections harassing a cop would be even dumber. Im just saying I think the Prof was worked up and decided to assume this guy was EVERY racist cop he has ever seen in his life when in fact the guy was not doing anything out of SOP.

I don't know the facts of the story, so I'm not going to comment on this particular situation.

However, this is what I KNOW.

SOME cops are racist. Period.

It's called 'classical conditioning'. Read Pavlov if you still don't get it.

When your bad dogshit is always green, you start to become weary of green dogshit. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

Cops are glorified trash collectors. And I don't mean that in a negative way...I hope the resident LEO's understand what I'm saying.

Can you imagine everyday being picking up the human trash of the earth, writing mountains of paperwork to prosecute them, attend court to testify, get them convicted of the crime they are arrested for (on a good day) and only to see them let out again before their time because of prison/jail overcrowding?

Only to wake up tomorrow to do it all over again.....

Granted....they chose this life. Nobody forced it on them.

But it is what it is.

It's my opinion, FWIW, that we are firmly entrenched in an area where it's NOT OK to persecute a minority simply because they are a minority.

I'm white...sort of. I'm 1/4 native american as well. I'm also German...which means I have a drinking problem and a bad temper....I digress.

But being "white", I'm fuckin sick and tired...and I mean...I have had ENOUGH of being accused of being a "persecutor" because I'm not a minority.

Minorities in this country have been given every single conceivable opportunity to succeed. Often at the persecution of a white man/woman.

It's reverse racism. Period. And if you disagree, I'll be happy to spend hundreds of words chewing you a new ######.

Racism is a tough issue. Instead of leveling the playing field, we have tilted the scales to the opposite end of the spectrum.

I realize we are doing this because of the years of an UNlevel field, but at some point the sh1t has to stop.

My point I guess is this. If this man was using his status as a minority to act as if he's above the normal day-to-day crap that cops have to deal with, then he gets a Crown Victoria tattoo on his forehead, and that's the way it should be, regardless of race.

I'll be the first one to say SOME LEO's abuse their power, and I don't like it, but we have to understand they have a job to do.

It's the same job all of the anti gun folks espouse are our protectors from the bad folks. So when you don't approve of their methods, that makes those people hypocrites. You can't have it both ways.

Some cops are bad, many are not. It's no different than Walmart greeters. Some suck at it, and some actually make me feel good when I walk in.

But when people DEMAND there are Walmart greeters on every corner, don't complain about how they greet you.

Obama has don't some very detrimental damage to his reputation with the law enforcement community last night.

Um, what?

So I have fat fingers syndrome and I smoke weed. I still dont follow cops around and harass them.

Some probably do target blacks and latinos.

Well they are supposed to be targeting criminals, right? And generally, they are patrolling high crime areas, right? And guess who generally lives in high crime areas (hint, it ain't rich white folk).

Well they are supposed to be targeting criminals, right? And generally, they are patrolling high crime areas, right? And guess who generally lives in high crime areas (hint, it ain't rich white folk).

:headbanger:

Um, what?

You wouldn't understand even with an entire encyclopedia guiding your way.

Some liberals, you just can't reach. So we get what we had here this week, which is the way he(Obama) wants it.

When I was a bouncer in college some of the cops would hang out at the door with us and bs. It was nice for us to have a cop right there, no worries about fake IDs and any fights inside were easily quelled, and the cops could check out the trim coming in and out of the door. Anyway, one doosh was always __gger this and __gger that, and spic this and spic that. But he was 1 out of about 8 that would bs with us. Small sample, but there is some truth to the racism part.

What did Obama say exactly?

:music_guitarred:

i think as president of the united states it was inappropriate to discuss the matter at that time. stupid is a word no one out of high school should use. i do not believe that he should stay mum just because the police are the police. where there is injustice obama should speak out, especially since it involved his friend and someone in the public eye, but since none of us know exactly what happened i think he should've waited before he commented. after realizing this was an insignificant (imo) matter he should've refused to ever discuss the issue in public.

i think as president of the united states it was inappropriate to discuss the matter. stupid is a word no one out of high school should use.

:music_guitarred: I think I love you!

How about the fact that one of my brothers (A Border Patrol Agent) was killed in cold blood in California two nights ago and that sack of ###### (Obama) has yet to take two minutes out of his day to call that BPA's wife and two young children to thank them for his sacrifice or to check on their well-being.

###### this guy, hope and change my ass.

How about the fact that one of my brothers (A Border Patrol Agent) was killed in cold blood in California two nights ago and that sack of ###### (Obama) has yet to take two minutes out of his day to call that BPA's wife and two young children to thank them for his sacrifice or to check on their well-being.

I read about that. I didn't realize you were a BPA. You have my condolences on the loss of a fellow agent and my thanks for helping secure our border. It's unbelievable to me that these dooshbags in Washington refuse to secure our borders, which is actually one of their specifically delineated duties in the Constitution. Instead, they focus on expanding government and all sorts of other things our founding fathers would cringe over. Thanks again for your dedicated service.

It's focking beyond belief. The reason he won't/didn't call is obvious. It doesn't help his agenda and he clearly hates any and all law enforcement. To think that a POTUS would even consider commenting on a focking disorderly conduct charge with all that is going on in our country is focking insane. Talk about embarrassing the country, AGAIN.

It's focking beyond belief. The reason he won't/didn't call is obvious. It doesn't help his agenda and he clearly hates any and all law enforcement. To think that a POTUS would even consider commenting on a focking disorderly conduct charge with all that is going on in our country is focking insane. Talk about embarrassing the country, AGAIN.

I'm so happy he was able to call an athlete who pitched a perfect game. This guy is a total loser.

:unsure: Thanks for what you do.