Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

JETS talking smack to PATS

From a Jets fan...

To see what this thread has turned into means only one thing...Sunday is close enough that we can taste it, but way too far away.

Rex Ryan is an a-hole for talking crap. Not just now, but during pre-season. Win a game...heck, make it a playoff game and then start running your mouth (if that's what does it for ya).

Brady's responses were not surprising or unpredictable and of course, perfect.

Jets or Pats fan, you know tomorrow's game will be a good one- probably close and if history tells us anything, we will lose a heartbreaker.

In sum, at least I didn't draft Maroney this year (or a Bronco RB- yeah, I drafted Maroney AND Selvin last year. I am an a-hole). Yay...I learned.

ill be at the game tomorrow. should be a good one

From a Jets fan...

To see what this thread has turned into means only one thing...Sunday is close enough that we can taste it, but way too far away.

Rex Ryan is an a-hole for talking crap. Not just now, but during pre-season. Win a game...heck, make it a playoff game and then start running your mouth (if that's what does it for ya).

Brady's responses were not surprising or unpredictable and of course, perfect.

Jets or Pats fan, you know tomorrow's game will be a good one- probably close and if history tells us anything, we will lose a heartbreaker.

In sum, at least I didn't draft Maroney this year (or a Bronco RB- yeah, I drafted Maroney AND Selvin last year. I am an a-hole). Yay...I learned.

Funny you said that - as my rookie season in FF - I missed the draft (and didn't care) and was drafted Maroney and Selvin.

Death to the veterans. Sophmore season is mine. And so are the Jets tomorrow. (Hopefully!)

P

A

T

S

PATS PATS PATS

As a Cowboy fan who is dealing with the mediocrity that is "Wade Phillips", I love what Ryan is doing. Will it workout well for the Jets? Maybe, maybe not but atleast he shows some balls.

Are you serious asking if this matters? Did you just start watching the Patriots play recently? It's a recent fact that anytime a player talks smack about the Patriots they end up looking foolish on Sports Center Sunday night. This article is a quick tale of Belichick and his philosophy on bulletin board material but I also wanted to point out that recently Freddie Mitchell, TO, and some DB I can't remember from Pittsburgh all got what they had coming to them after talking smack about the Pats.

So if you ask me if it makes a difference I'm saying yes. A huge difference. Futhermore I think the refs will be quick to throw a flag if the Jets even come close to Brady. Saying they ARE going to hit Brady more than 6 times sounds a bit like a QB bounty to me, certainly Belichick will bring it to their attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghmVMeMJgw8

End of an era. I don't get why everyone is stuck in the past.

Jets 27

Pats 14

lead pipe. Lock it up.

I got the Pats/ jets game on HD TV now watching. Almost time for a beating. Jets will be destroyed by Tom Terrific today. Brady will toss 400 yards and 4-5 Tds today. :shocking:

Another spot on prediction by Pimp/Empire/Domination. :lol:

Bird Brady Bobby Orr is at DEFCON 5! Call Matthew Broderick and end the WAR GAMES!

I'm losing it. Thomas Jones looks like Gale Sayers and Tom Brady looks like Hugh Millen. Belichick looks like NFL Pete Carrol.

ARRRRRRGH! Finish the game Pats! Play hard! Jets are at the 50 with 5 minutes left and ...........

STOP! HOLD THE PRESSES!

DID DID DID that idiot Dan Dierdorff just jump on the anti-Pats bandwagon and say because we don't have Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour, Mayo, Harrison and others we are losing? What? The D has been awesome? Brady and coaching have sucked.

Dierdorrf you are officially about to get hated on in New England.

Zero offensive touchdowns allowed in two games.

Against Houston.

Against New England.

That's impressive.

Zero offensive touchdowns allowed in two games.

Against Houston.

Against New England.

That's impressive.

Agreed, Ryan has this defense playing at a high level and putting Sanchez and offense in good situtations.

I got the Pats/ jets game on HD TV now watching. Almost time for a beating. Jets will be destroyed by Tom Terrific today. Brady will toss 400 yards and 4-5 Tds today. :doublethumbsup:

What Happennnnnnn...

:wall:

What happened guys? Was all that bulletin board material the reason the Pats scored 9 points instead of 0?

What about the 400 yards 5 TD's from Brady? 200 yards and 0 TD's? Guess he got fired up by the smack talk :overhead:

I know, I know... bring all the "its only week 2" excuses. As a life long Jet fan I try to temper my expectations but this one is sweet. Not so much because of how good the Jets looked. I was at the game and trust me, they didn't even look all that good. They rarely got pressure on Brady but the secondary did play extremely well.... But its more sweet because of how putrid the Patriots offense looked.

also I could barely hear myself type over all the crickets. I thought for sure this thread would be on page 5 or 6

I see the Jets not only backed up what they said, but where are all the Pats fans at? Why aren't you coming here and giving them props? OH, sore losers. I forgot!

JETS... they played some inspired football today.

I planned on a split with NE and NYJ this year, it's always a tough game even though the fortunes of both franchises have been polar opposite lately.

But their defense is a lot tougher than expected. wow.

the crowd was into it.

the defense was ferocious.

and once they took the training wheels of Sanchez in the second half, we saw that the JETS are on their way to being a very tough, balanced football team.

very nice with for the green today.

see you in November, I still plan on going 1-1 in this series.

random thoughts:

why does Cotchery ALWAYS seem to make a death-blow play against NE?

will NE ever be able to convert a short yardage, 3rd and 1 running play? they are just awfull in short yardage right now, both Taylor and Maroney are pathetic.

adn, NE needs to get back to physical football, it's what wins in this league (ask the Jets today), it's what the team's success was founded on back in 01 vs. STL... and my fear is that NE is too soft, too finesse now.

Joey Galloway... an utter disappointment so far.

Do I still think they make the playoffs, sure. But after both the BUF and NYJ games, my expectations have been tempered. The Pats need some work and not just on the defensive side of the ball.

I planned on a split with NE and NYJ this year, it's always a tough game even though the fortunes of both franchises have been polar opposite lately.

the crowd was into it.

and once they took the training wheels of Sanchez in the second half, we saw that the JETS are on their way to being a very tough, balanced football team.

random thoughts:

will NE ever be able to convert a short yardage, 3rd and 1 running play? they are just awfull in short yardage right now, both Taylor and Maroney are pathetic.

adn, NE needs to get back to physical football, it's what wins in this league (ask the Jets today), it's what the team's success was founded on back in 01 vs. STL... and my fear is that NE is too soft, too finesse now.

Do I still think they make the playoffs, sure. But after both the BUF and NYJ games, my expectations have been tempered. The Pats need some work and not just on the defensive side of the ball.

Nice post TD Ryan2 :thumbsup: . Very classy.

What a bunch of crap I'm reading on this site. But it's predictable and fun, congrats to the Jets fans and Pats haters. Enjoy, it's

Brady had the 2nd or 3rd worst game of his career, the Pats were awful on offense, they had a billion penalties and still barely lost. The Jets were terrible until they became mediocre in the 2nd half. But I'll give it to them even though they weren't good they won ugly and winning ugly is an indicator of good teams. The Rookie QB showed poise while the Hall of Famer looked rattled. Most Patriots fans will give you that.

What we won't give you is any of this crap you guys are shoveling about cheating and the Jets dominating this year and blah dee blah blah! Good win, bad loss, game 3 next week at home. Bring on Atlanta welcome home Matt Ryan.

An honest fan will admit it was painful to see Brady so inaccurate and to see him clearly not stepping into his passes. But not having Welker did hurt and while Edelman is solid he's no Welker or Troy Brown in the slot. The slot is where Tom Brady makes his living and sets it all up. Troy Brown caught 100 passes way before Wes Welker ever had. When Brady doesn't have his short passing game going, which the Pats have always used as a substitute for the running game things don't work for this offense. That's why Welker replacing Troy Brown was so important.

On the negative Galloway looked old-again! Watson and Moss got owned. I didn't see any special coverage just strong football by the Jets DBs and not a lot of desire by the Pats WRs or TEs. Combined with the penalties, poor play by Brady, a non existent running game and poor adjustments we deserved to lose. Sure Brady looks stationary but he didn't get sacked or hurt and they were coming and the running game will get better. The Defense gelled a bit more today and I like what I saw and with so many young players, Belichick's history with Defenses and the return of Jerod Mayo later this year the Defense will only get better. And before you go there Belichick's history with the Giants and Pats have proved his Defensive genius my money is on a constantly improving Defense.

Also do not discount the fact that Kevin O'Connell helped the Jets A LOT. He was our #2 QB up until 1 week before the season started. We traded him to Detroit and then Detroit dicked us by trading him to the Jets. All I can think of is Bills 31 Patriots 0 which was the score the Bills beat us by after we cut Lawyer Milloy a week earlier. The Pats beat the Bills 31-0 last game of the season. So we will see during the rematch. I hate to talk smack after a loss like this but my money is on the Patriots in New England and in a big way. Let's see how the Jets do after they don't have our playbook, Welker is back and Brady gets his feet literally under him.

I'll admit I was wrong Kerry Rhodes talked smack and the Patriots didn't perform and didn't make him eat his words. Rex Ryan got in Coach Belichick's head and his brashness paid off. Sending out the former Patriots players at the coin toss takes HUEVOS GRANDES and Rex Ryan set the tone for this game months ago. Kudos to Sanchez, Kudos to the Jets fans, Kudos to the Coach. We will see you in Foxboro November 22nd Jets fans and I do mean I'll see you. I'll be there and Coach won't have to call me and tell me to scream loud. Hey I've been wrong before and I've been wrong a lot lately, I lost big in my two money fantasy leagues, I told everyone here to start Ryan Succop, I traded for Wes Welker two days ago and I talked my Dad into betting some money on the Patriots today, like I said I've been wrong before but here's my wrap....

The Jets didn't look good at all and it took a terrible performance by the Pats for the Jets to sneak a win out. Maybe it's the end of it all, the sky is falling, Brady has become Stetson not SuperBowl and the Sox won't win for another 86 years or maybe the Pats finish with 12-13 wins and take the Division and a 1st round bye. Either way I know that today wasn't the SuperBowl and we got weeks before this thing shakes out. 1st round to the Jets 14 rounds to go!

The Jets were terrible until they became mediocre in the 2nd half.

I would have to say that rolling up 117 rushing yards on the Pats is better than "mediocre." The Jets weren't spectacular, but they were efficient, and that defense completely took Brady out of his game. Dour Bill got outcoached. It probably won't happen again in the rematch, but to say the Jets were mediocre is sour grapes.

I would have to say that rolling up 117 rushing yards on the Pats is better than "mediocre." The Jets weren't spectacular, but they were efficient, and that defense completely took Brady out of his game. Dour Bill got outcoached. It probably won't happen again in the rematch, but to say the Jets were mediocre is sour grapes.

13 pts in the 2nd half and a solid rushing game. One deep pass that Sanchez hit but the Pats were hovering around and was oh so close. Maybe they were a bit better than mediocre, they did score thrice, but only one TD. Yup Bill got outcoached.

:overhead:

What happened guys? Was all that bulletin board material the reason the Pats scored 9 points instead of 0?

What about the 400 yards 5 TD's from Brady? 200 yards and 0 TD's? Guess he got fired up by the smack talk :shocking:

I know, I know... bring all the "its only week 2" excuses. As a life long Jet fan I try to temper my expectations but this one is sweet. Not so much because of how good the Jets looked. I was at the game and trust me, they didn't even look all that good. They rarely got pressure on Brady but the secondary did play extremely well.... But its more sweet because of how putrid the Patriots offense looked.

also I could barely hear myself type over all the crickets. I thought for sure this thread would be on page 5 or 6

I thought they got great pressure on Brady. No sacks, but he was hurried, and flushed out of the pocket a few times. He took hits it seems after most pass attempts, and made some bad throws (the miss fire to a wide open Galloway when he got flushed out to his left side stands out). The key thing is that Brady isn't Brady yet. He's obviously protecting his knee by the way he gingerly places it down when he throws, and with any slight amount of pressure, he gets skittish. It's evident in his body language. Hopefully, that'll change as the season goes on and he'll gain more confidence in the knee.

But the Jets did exactly what they said they'd do - put pressure on Brady and deliver some shots. They deserved the victory. The better team won this week.

The Jets didn't look good at all and it took a terrible performance by the Pats for the Jets to sneak a win out.

Kind of how the Bills had to "hand the game" to the Pats for them to win that game? Just checking.... :music_guitarred:

the crowd was into it.

random thoughts:

Now there is a classy fan, nice job Ryan2, you just earned some big respect, unlike that BirdBrady dude who just wrote a novel of excuses for the Patriots :thumbsdown:

What a bunch of crap I'm reading on this site.

Like the original post in this thread?

An honest fan will admit it was painful to see Brady so inaccurate and to see him clearly not stepping into his passes.

The Jets didn't look good at all and it took a terrible performance by the Pats for the Jets to sneak a win out.

You're far from an honest fan if you don't think the Jets pass rush had anything to do with Brady not being able to step into his passes or if you don't think the Pats offense looked terrible because the Jets defense looked very good.

Kind of how the Bills had to "hand the game" to the Pats for them to win that game? Just checking.... :pointstosky:

This isn't good because it's so obvious.that you would say this. Pats have a history of coming from behind and winning at home. It's par for the course. Jets got lucky one game. Think Miami last year with that wildcat crap.

Hey RoadHead are you gonna post after the Pats dominate the Jets later this season? Probably not.

This isn't good because it's so obvious.that you would say this. Pats have a history of coming from behind and winning at home. It's par for the course. Jets got lucky one game. Think Miami last year with that wildcat crap.

Hey RoadHead are you gonna post after the Pats dominate the Jets later this season? Probably not.

So you're saying the Jets, who haven't allowed an OFF TD (to the Texans and Pats nonetheless), and have a rookie QB playing well beyond his title, IS LUCKY, while the team that needed a fumble on a kickoff with under 2:00 to play to sneak out a win week 1, is PAR FOR THE COURSE??????

Boy are you in for a long season :pointstosky:

Whoa.

At some point, doesn't credit need to go where it's due? Or do we just blindly stick our heads in the sand for the duration of the season? Think, man. The Jets shut down Houston, who turns around and drops 34 on the Titans. Oh, and Schaub jumps from 166 yards and 0 TDs to 357 and 4 TDs. The Patriots win against Buffalo with Brady throwing for 380 yards and 2 TDs (we can argue for a long time how "deserving" the Pats were in that game), and the Jets hold him to about 200 yards and no TDs, and made that offense look out-of-sync and Brady extremely uncomfortable all day long. I'm sorry . . . lucky? You're not making sense.

That was the first time in a long time where the Patriots got the ball back with 4 minutes left where I wasn't thinking "Brady's just going to go down and score now". The offense just looked rattled. That's not luck, my friend. That Jets defense is for real. You should probably own that.

Like the original post in this thread?

You're far from an honest fan if you don't think the Jets pass rush had anything to do with Brady not being able to step into his passes or if you don't think the Pats offense looked terrible because the Jets defense looked very good.

If you think this is the 1st time Tom Brady has ever been owned by a pass rush you don't know much. It is however the 1st time we've ever seen him not stepping into his throws. Obviously the Jets pass rush had A LOT to do with him not stepping into his throws. Do you think I meant Tom Brady wasn't stepping into his throws because there was no pass rush? It looked to me like he was thinking about his knee and clearly the more we see of Brady he doesn't look right, pass rush or not, he is just off enough to struggle, like Peyton was on his return.

Hey KMBRYANT why take the most negative aspects you can find and ignore that I did give a lot of credit to the Jets. I openly said I was wrong, I gave Kudos to the Jets, the rookie QB and the Rex Ryan for setting the tone for the game months ago.

KM you tell me what am I supposed to say "OOOOOOOOOH THE BIG BAD JETS PASS RUSH WAS SO SCARY. THEY DOMINATED US! OOO! SCARY! THE PATRIOTS WILL NOT LOOK AT ANY FILM AT ALL AND THEY WILL NOT ADJUST AT ALL! We are looking at 1-15 and the #1 pick overall". I mean get a grip.

Take from this game what you want. I'll take that the Pats aren't going undefeated and have some serious work to do on blitz pick up, the running game, Brady's confidence and comfort with WRs (read Joey Galloway). Most importantly they have to cut down on the penalties which were very costly all day. I saw an improved Patriots Defense who did enough to win despite a pathetic Offense.

What did I see from the Jets? A team that earned a hard fought win. A composed young QB. I didn't see a dominant offense or defense. A very good defense? Yes for sure and better than I thought. But Brady did overthrow a wide open Julian Edelman at the 5 yard line, and the Patriots repeatedly bailed the Jets defense out with penalties. It was an uninspired offensive gameplan/performance and a very inspired Jets D.

Last time. Kudos to the Jets. Kudos to Rex Ryan for having Huevos Grande! It's still one game.

Whoa.

At some point, doesn't credit need to go where it's due? Or do we just blindly stick our heads in the sand for the duration of the season? Think, man. The Jets shut down Houston, who turns around and drops 34 on the Titans. Oh, and Schaub jumps from 166 yards and 0 TDs to 357 and 4 TDs. The Patriots win against Buffalo with Brady throwing for 380 yards and 2 TDs (we can argue for a long time how "deserving" the Pats were in that game), and the Jets hold him to about 200 yards and no TDs, and made that offense look out-of-sync and Brady extremely uncomfortable all day long. I'm sorry . . . lucky? You're not making sense.

That was the first time in a long time where the Patriots got the ball back with 4 minutes left where I wasn't thinking "Brady's just going to go down and score now". The offense just looked rattled. That's not luck, my friend. That Jets defense is for real. You should probably own that.

OK OK luck was a bad description. Jets had one very good day the Pats weren't prepared. Luck was a poor choice of words.

I see the Jets not only backed up what they said, but where are all the Pats fans at? Why aren't you coming here and giving them props? OH, sore losers. I forgot!

Here's a wacky idea, maybe not everyone lives on the internet, particularly on Sundays.

Props to the Jets. They're playing very good football and were clearly the better team yesterday from what I saw (highlights). The Jets defense is legit. They clearly had Brady rattled and rushing, and kept Moss completely in check. If you do those things you're generally going to beat the Pats, particularly when Welker isn't on the field.

The Pats need some work and not just on the defensive side of the ball.

I didn't see the game TD, just the highlights (or lowlights as the case may be), but going by the stats the defense didn't play too badly. I was really worried about the run D, but they actually look to have held up okay against Jones and Washington. How did they look? Any positives to take away from yesterday?