Sign in to follow this  
mrpancake

Packers Vs. Vikings Predictions

Just curious what the bored expects to happen in this hype machine of a game. There's more drama in this game than an episode of The Hills.

I think the vikings blow out the packers. Rodgers isn't going to have any time to get the ball out of his hands and the rushing game isn't going to do crap. 27-10 vikings :thumbsdown:

I think the vikings blow out the packers. Rodgers isn't going to have any time to get the ball out of his hands and the rushing game isn't going to do crap. 27-10 vikings :thumbsdown:

+1

Here in Packerland, lots of us are rooting for the Green-and-Gold to go up there and end Favre's consecutive game streak, perhaps forcing yet another "retirement" en route to a Packer victory. However, I fear that this will not happen. The Pack gave up 117 yards to Steven Jackson. To calculate Adrian Peterson's yardage on Monday night, I plugged this value into the following equation: APt=SJt+100, where APt is Peterson's projected total and SJt is Jackson's.

As we see, AP is projected to gain 200 yards vs the Pack. I think the Vikes get up early with a couple of TDs from Peterson + an INT return for a TD as the Vikes turn the GB tackles into turnstyles and pressure Rodgers relentlessly. The GB effort to catch up results in more turnovers and sacks. Final score: Vikings 34 Packers 13. Crosby misses 2 FGs. Brett only needs to throw for 150 yards, and does. Just wait until we get them at Lambeau, though.

Adrian Peterson will make this not as much of a Favre vs Packers game as people may think. I could see Peterson having a monster game and thus leading to Favre not having to do much like in Weeks 1 and 2. Vikings D gets all over Rodgers as well and Ryan Grant will have trouble running which means Pack will be forced to pass way more than they want to.

Vikings 27 Packers 17

Peterson goes for 150 and two TD.

I think there is some wishful thinking going on here.....

The Packers are struggling in pass protection and two weeks ago allowed Antoine Odom to have five sacks...5! Can you imagine how much trouble the left side is going to have with Jared Allen? I understand that the Packers are going to be motivated but I see no way that Brett Favre loses this game. If Adrian runs for more than 100 then this game is going to be a blow out. I think the Packers are really overrated. They struggled to beat the Bears at home even though Cutler played like trash, they LOST to Cincinnati at home and they let the Rams hang around. As another poster said if Steven Jackson can run for 100+ then expect AD to surpass that number pretty easily. The only thing that will keep this game close is if Brett is too amped up and turns the ball over early. I still see a pretty easy win for Minnesota.....

Minnesota....34

Green Bay....24

I was playing this matchup on Madden, and GB is up 42-7 at half time. Grant has 4 rushing TD's. So, that's pretty much how its going to go.

I think there is some wishful thinking going on here.....

The Packers are struggling in pass protection and two weeks ago allowed Antoine Odom to have five sacks...5! Can you imagine how much trouble the left side is going to have with Jared Allen? I understand that the Packers are going to be motivated but I see no way that Brett Favre loses this game. If Adrian runs for more than 100 then this game is going to be a blow out. I think the Packers are really overrated. They struggled to beat the Bears at home even though Cutler played like trash, they LOST to Cincinnati at home and they let the Rams hang around. As another poster said if Steven Jackson can run for 100+ then expect AD to surpass that number pretty easily. The only thing that will keep this game close is if Brett is too amped up and turns the ball over early. I still see a pretty easy win for Minnesota.....

Minnesota....34

Green Bay....24

Talk about wishful thinking.

You realize Adrian has run for quite a bit against GB in his 2 years right? And that the vikings are a whopping 1-3 with him.

The Packers are not overrated...nobody is thinking anything of them right now except a struggling team.

Losing to Cincinnati obviously not as bad as it once looked huh?

Yup, Steven Jackson did run for 100+...last I checked, he is a pretty good back.

I think Minny wins...but it will be close.

I predict lots of Favre knob slobbing during the MNF telecast.

Yup, as always I will be watching the MNF game with the sound off.

I predict lots of Favre knob slobbing during the MNF telecast.

I predict Jaws will be gushing about him with spittle flying all over the booth, Chucky will be talking about how great his days of coaching Favre were and making stink faces, and Tirico will be short.

Rodgers needs to come out hot while Favre is handing it off. If Rodgers can get going early, Favre will start to think that Rodgers can't out do him on Monday Night in his first game against the Packers. Favre will want to show on a stage with Rodgers that GB made a mistake. Watching Rodgers start out hot, Favre will force it and start getting sloppy.

23-17 Packers

Rodgers needs to come out hot while Favre is handing it off. If Rodgers can get going early, Favre will start to think that Rodgers can't out do him on Monday Night in his first game against the Packers. Favre will want to show on a stage with Rodgers that GB made a mistake. Watching Rodgers start out hot, Favre will force it and start getting sloppy.

23-17 Packers

But wait. Haven't you been watching Sportscenter lately? "It's not about revenge."

As much as the press would love to make this about lord favre, its not. ADP is the stud of the team. If the packers game plan against favre, ADP has a career day.

Vikes 27 - Packers 17

SKOL biotches :overhead:

I think it all depends on two things from the Vikings because I see a good performance, not great from Green Bay. It all depends on how much Favre presses to do too much himself as well as how much Vikings play to their potential on defense. Crowd will be loud loud, so if Vikes cause 2 - 3 turnovers and Favre can throw 1 to no interceptions, I like Mineehoha. If this doesn't happen, then I like Green Bay. :mad: BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS !

No matter what happens my biggest hope would be for them to run play action out of a single back set on the first play with Percy taking off running out of the slot, Fav-re hitting him for a long TD and seeing Favre running down the field in a purple jersey with his arms raised to the end zone.

This would be the second greatest possible moment next to seeing Ted Thompson watch Fav-re on tv holding up the Lombardi trophy in a Viking jersey.

Hopefully the roof of that roller dome caves in and no fudgepacker or viqueen player or fan can get out of there....is it too much to ask for? :overhead:

I am not a Vikings fan, but here are my predictions for this game.

1. Aaron Rodgers has more turnovers than Favre with Purple Jersey's in his face all night.

2. ADP goes for over 150 total yards while the Pack are worried about Favre burning them deep.

3. Ryan Grant has under 75 total yards.

4. Percy Harvin gets his 4th TD in 4 games.

5. With ADP having his way, Favre gets at least 2 big play action plays of over 60 yards and at least 1 of them is a TD.

6. Vikings win by double digits.

agreed. the vikings are a BAD matchup for the packers. The Packers only hope is to change their game plan and quit running the ball in such predictable situations. Go out there and tell Aaron he's got to drop at least 30 points and give him the opportunity to do so. The X factor in this game is Aaron Rodgers, he's got to come up BIG for them to hang with the Vikings. Ryan Grant sure as hell isn't going to do it. The packers need to adopt the Steelers philosophy this year, if the run game isn't working, then quit trying. Ryan Grant is not going to be successful so they need to understand that going in rather than wasting too many plays trying to establish the run. You can't go a whole year w/o a running game, I'm not advocating that -- but you can win a game without one.

I think it will be a tough, low scoring game -- because often times these epic matchups turn out that way as everyone plays conservitively and not to loose as they are just trying not to make the big mistake. Vikings 24, Pack 10.

The Vikings defeated the Packers in the dome last year with Jared Allen and Ray Edwards adding pressure to Aaron Rodgers almost constantly. Since the Vikings only got better over the offseason, I can see the Vikings taking the W again. The Packer's offensive line is no match for Minnesota and that's where the game matters. Aaron Rodgers definitely has enough talent, but I do not think the Packer's offensive line can hold back the Vikings.

Minnesota: 24

Green Bay: 20

10/3/2009 01:02 PM

THE NEWS

Chad Clifton (ankle) missed Packers practice again on Saturday, and will not play Monday against the Vikings, according to the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

OUR VIEW

Aaron Rodgers will now officially be without his left tackle in a huge early season showdown. With the offensive line being such a problem for the Packers so far this season, it can't bode well for his production against a fearsome Vikings defense.

-fanball.com

The O-Line is going to be a serious issue for the Packers Monday. Running any sort of spread offense is going to be very hard for them. Leslie Frazier is way too good a coach to not take advantage of this with different blitz looks etc.

I am not a Vikings fan, but here are my predictions for this game.

1. Aaron Rodgers has more turnovers than Favre with Purple Jersey's in his face all night.

2. ADP goes for over 150 total yards while the Pack are worried about Favre burning them deep.

3. Ryan Grant has under 75 total yards.

4. Percy Harvin gets his 4th TD in 4 games.

5. With ADP having his way, Favre gets at least 2 big play action plays of over 60 yards and at least 1 of them is a TD.

6. Vikings win by double digits.

The Packers are going to focus on a 40-plus year old QB when the best back in the NFL is in the backfield?

I agree with most of the stuff you said, but I think ADP will run all over the Pack because he's ADP, not because Farve is throwing the football.

Vikings 17, Packers 13.

Anybody watch the game Favre had vs. Oakland the day after his Dad died?

That's pretty much how this game is gonna go.

Make NO mistake...he came back to prove to GB he's not done, and he's gonna prove it Monday.

He'll freakin light them up.

True ADP is the man but, Brett will not be able to resist the urge to go hero as his history proves. This will backfire and provide opportunity for the Packers. Rodgers is a mobile QB and I expect to see a roving pocket to buy time against the Minn Dline. Rodgers has the talent/skill and desire :pointstosky: to put this Favre story to rest. Packers win 23-17.

What's hate like Sho? :doublethumbsup:

Where is the hate?

Im still looking for it.

I very clearly say its not Favre's fault and its not about him. I even predict how some will take me posting it.

Too funny.

I am surprised that GB isn't clicking as I had expected them on offense. I have been down on the Vikings play calling and thinking they are not passing enough and was surprised to see that Favre and Rodgers have about the same number of attempts. Favre has completed more, Rodgers for more yards. Both for about the same number of tds.

What has surprised me more is I don't see GB defensive transition to a 3 4 working that well.

However, a division foe one usually prepares for and competes against a bit better, than say the Rams.

I expect that the Vikes will concentrate on the running game again. Depending upon how the GB 3 4 handles this will go a long way into the final outcome. IF ADP and Taylor find success, we may actually see Favre attempt to connect with BB.

Unlike many Favre led offenses in his past, this one de-emphasizes Brett. As such, I don't expect the typical get Brett into pressing head tactic to work on MNF. No matter what the score is during the game, this Vikings team always believes it will get a W at the end of the game.

That stated, I still dis like Childress. Wish he were replaced. His offense makes me wish for Burns era OC of Schnelker (damn predictable, but so logical. where as the Childress offense seems so run heavy and a bit random)

Go Vikes.