Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official LOST Season 6 thread***

Just wanted to start it up. We've had bits and pieces of news posted here and there. Let's condense everything.

Will there be spoilers? :doublethumbsup:

Will there be spoilers? :doublethumbsup:

My friend just informed me this morning that the first 5 minutes of the 1st episode in out on the internet in text form.

If anyone is interested, I can post it in spoiler form on here. I don't really want to read it though.

I heard the first episode is going to air on GroundHog's Day. :doublethumbsup:

I heard the first episode is going to air on GroundHog's Day. :pointstosky:

Season 6 Preview - A Look Back On Season One

As we approach the start of the last season of LOST just weeks away, I am racing through my DVDs to rewatch every season, from the very beginning, hoping to pick up additional insight of the journey that we are all experiencing in our own way. As for me, I ramble on in these self indulgent reviews of a show I find so fantastic and so enraging. A combination of emotions so perfect, it’s like gumbo and rice.

The first season captured all of our imaginations right from the first second of Jack waking up in the jungle. Or else, you would not be reading my crap and about to watch the new season. It was well written, competently acted, and had enough mystery to keeping you full of suspense. The pace wasn’t as hectic as the show has now become, but it didn’t exactly drag along like the middle of Season 2 and a chunck of Season 3. Those Hydra Island episodes….I’m trying to make them a repressed memory, but I just haven’t succeeded. I keep hitting myself in the head with a hammer, but I keep waking up mumbling about fish biscuits. So, let’s get started.

I’ve been pushing a Groundhog Day theory very strongly since Season 3, and Jacob and X seem to confirm a cyclical nature to the island or at least the visitors to the island. Possibly reliving their lives on the island after a certain amount of time goes by, a flipping of the numbers after 108 minutes type of deal, or Jack re-awakening in the jungle right after the plane crashes again. Another possibility is alternate realities, as JJ Abrams new show Fringe seems to be involved in (I’ve fallen behind watching that show), and the plane lands in Los Angeles, never crashes on the island, and the characters are all alive. But as they live their lives, they start to remember and reconnect again, which is probably the direction this show is headed in. It’s probably one of the two, loop or alternate universe. Because Juliet did set off the bomb. No doubt in my mind. And she is longer a cast member on the show. As Faraday said, the bomb would change everything and Faraday did also say that the plane would land in Los Angeles after the detonation. Who is going to doubt him now, as he was the smartest guy on the island? And planted that thought in our heads at the end of last season. The writers love to give us foreshadowing.

Right off the bat, you start to get clues to a deep seated, unexplainable familiarity of these Losties to the island. After first hearing the crashing in the jungle of the Smoke Monster on their first night on the beach, the next day Claire said that the monster “it sounded very familiar”, a very odd comment for all intents and purposes. Not scary or creepy, but familiar? Again, leading to some kind of fleeting memory of something that happened previously. Next, we have Charlie and Kate introducing themselves as they head off to find the cockpit to recover a transmitter from the plane. Kate, “You look familiar, but I just can’t place it.” You could chalk this up to a subconscious awareness of Kate knowing the band Drive Shaft, for which Charlie was a part of, but working against this is that Kate doesn’t know the band, it’s a one hit wonder type of band which makes a 15 minutes of fame type of celebrity, and the band has been broken up for years. On top of that, how many bands do you know where you recognize the bass player? 5 or 6? Lead singer? Sure. A bass guitarist is as famous as the guy that carries the speakers from gig to gig. Do you remember what Balloon Boy looks like, and it’s been just a couple of weeks. So, let’s chalk this up to another clue to memory of past events.

After the monster attacks the still living pilot, Jack, Kate and Charlie take off into the jungle. Charlie falls, and Jack stops to help him out. Jack falls behind as Kate and Charlie escape. The duo go back to find Jack, and he seems to appear out of nowhere. Jack, what happened, did you see it? Mysteriously, Jack says I didn’t see it, it was right behind me, I dove into the bushes. Bullsh!t. The monster, who it certainly seems is working with X, is trying to find out who Jacob has brought to the island. Are you telling me Smokie doesn’t want to scan Jack’s memory. Bullsh!t again, as a few episodes later, Christian is stomping around the jungle. Oh, Jack was certainly scanned and saw the monster, but didn’t say anything.

Speaking of X and Jacob, very early on Walt approaches Locke as he is setting up a game of backgammon. Locke explains that it is an ancient game, artifacts of the game were found in ancient Mesopotamia maybe 5,000 years ago. Locke further states that you have two sides: one is light and one is dark. Wow, what a brilliant metaphor as you fast forward to the conclusion of Season 5. Whoever is saying they didn’t plan out this show is just kidding themselves. I was somewhat speechless watching the scene again. Powerful stuff. Of course, googling was in order. Mesopotamia is regarded as the cradle of civilization. Keeping it brief, early philosophy, among other advancements in civilization can be traced back to Mesopotamian roots. I have a feeling that the philosophy has the most impact on our two mysterious beings and this may very well be the background of Jacob and X.

The evolution of the Jin and Sun relationship is certainly bizarre. I know that I’m hard on Sun’s character most of the time. To be fair, Jin was really giving Sun a hard time early on the island, being very controlling and protective. But as time went on, Sun proved to be a snake. For all the things I blame her for in ruining Jin’s life, I forgot that Sun also poisoned Jin. Sure, it was somewhat of an accident as she meant to poison Michael to keep the crew from leaving the island on the raft, but holy smokes is Sun evil. She selfishly wanted to keep Jin on the island instead of allowing them to leave and possibly find a way to be rescued. While the raft wouldn’t have gotten far, as Desmond’s sailboat in Season 2 proved, Sun didn’t know that. They brought up several times in Season 1 how Sun wanted to leave Jin because he wasn’t spending enough time with her. Poor baby. He is paying off his service to your father for marrying you, stupid. And this is all before we find out about the cheating too. Sun stinks and I don’t like her.

Aside from the Others, Widmore, etc, did anybody on the Oceanic 815 flight ever know about Locke’s paralysis and his miracle cure. His “secret’. Well, evidence is that Locke did tell Walt, as early on Locke asked Walt if he wanted to know a secret. Since later on Walt confided in Locke that he burned the first raft, it stands to reason that they swapped secrets. Watching the episode where he is told he can’t go on the walkabout and then flash to him crashing on the island and moving his legs and standing, really emotional material there. Early on, Locke confirmed that he had confronted the monster. "I've looked into the eye of this island, and what I saw was beautiful." I can’t recall if Locke said that Season 1 or Season 2, but the confrontation was certainly in the first couple of episodes. What did Locke see? Because, when Locke was bringing back the dynamite later in Season 1, he stood and waited for the monster, but when he saw it again, he turned and fled. Why? The speculation would be that Locke saw a different smoke monster early in Season 1, and the dark Smoke Monster later when he was being pulled into the ground, much like the Frenchman who was part of Rousseau’s crew in Season 5, and close to the same spot. And we know that monster was evil, turning the French into people that tried to kill Rousseau. So, is there a white smoke monster, that only Locke saw? Maybe.

Jack sees his father, just as he is desperately tired. This seems to be a pattern. Most of the time, an image, an illusion, Smoke monster in disguise, happens when a character is tired, on drugs, or asleep. When their concentration is most cracked, and is more susceptible to accept the notion that your death father is talking to you or leading you around the island. Just like it is often raining when the Smoke Monster appears, or at least this is how it seemed in Season One. You can definitely hear the subtle clanking of the Smoke Monster during Christian’s appearances. Jacob is not responsible for Christian, but X and Dark Smokie are. So, here is the problem. Why would Smokie lead Jack and the Losties to water so they could survive. They were in dire straights. I can only come up with X wanted Jack in charge, and finding the water cemented his leadership, especially when he did his Live Together, Die Alone speech stuff. X is a more practical entity, while Jacob was more optimistic in human nature. So they choose sides. Jacob had Locke, and X chose Jack. The two kings in their game of chess.

Discovering the two skeletons and the rocks, one white and one black, would have been perfect to connect to Jacob and X, but one of the skeletons was female. So unless X’s name is Chaz, this whole Adam and Eve thing just doesn’t interest me. But the black stone, the backgammon reference, and the Black Rock ship all seem to be tied together in some color scheme sense. Next.

Everything that Rousseau told in Season 1 matched her Season 5 flashback. The firing pin of Robert’s gun didn’t work. This is where Montand lost his arm. The sickness came. I killed them all. The Dark Territory (Temple). The Others took her baby. The whispers. Still, why did she not recognize Jin as he time traveled to her time and here he was on the island. Although, I didn’t clearly see a scene with both Rousseau and Jin both in it. Is it possible that she just never saw him in the Losties camp? The next few seasons will bear this out. It was a bit creepy how she mentioned a “pillar of black smoke” just before they took her child. She certainly has seen Smokie.

Boone started talking about Star Trek red shirts, and how they would get killed off in episodes because they were expendable, just a few episodes before he died himself. And so now we come to our Jack Sucks Moment of Season One: Jack blames Locke for Boone’s death. Why? Boone fell from distance in the plane and received multiple injuries, especially internally. Locke told Jack fell off a cliff. Boone fell out of a tree inside the plane. What the fock kind of difference does this make? His leg is going to be smashed no matter what. What if Boone fell off the cliff and a rock fell on his leg. Same difference. Just treat the injury, Doctor Stupid. Either way, the leg is going to swell up. If I sprain my ankle, it’s going to swell up. You know his leg is going to fill up with blood either way. But I guess it’s just easier to blame Locke than to blame yourself Dr DumDum. Sure, Boone was probably going to die anyway. But why blame Locke? For the love of all things holy, you got Boone’s learning impaired chimp of a step sister so riled up that she tried to shoot the most important man to your survival chances. And dopey Shannon couldn’t even muster up much tears over Boone’s dead body. Well, I’m not surprised she can’t act; just watch Taken and her horrific acting in that horrific movie. But you just possibly committed incest with Boone a few weeks prior, and you can’t even get weepy eyed for the guy? You sick freak. And then Jack makes his grand speech at Boone’s funeral. Or actually not. He says nothing. Sayid did. Until Locke shows up to apologize. Then mute Simple Jack opens his yap. “Where were you?”. Nice. There is a time and place for everything. A school yard fight at a funeral is perfect. And my hate of Jack beings anew. He had more flashbacks in Season 1 than a Family Guy episode, and they all stunk. This was the star of the show? When you pitched the network? “Let’s get this really stupid doctor Jack, who doesn’t want to be a leader but wants to play house with a murdering mannequin called Kate, and build a show around them on an island.” Brilliant. And that’s just Season 1.

Charlie was a decent enough character early on, comedic relief-wise. I thought the best line of the season was Kate taking off her shirt after a bee attack and talking about bees, and Charlie saying “I would have thought those were C’s”. But he really should have died when he was hung by Ethan. That would have been such a powerful image, blind folded and left for dead. Instead, Jack pounds on Charlie’s ribs like a a deranged chimp attacking a turtle, no doubt breaking all of Charlie’s ribs, a full 10 minutes of Charlie not showing any signs of life, and then Charlie is alive. Bull-sh!t. That was such a phony scene. I got douchechills and felt embarrassed for the writers. And then the Claire “my baybeeee” stuff starts up. And of course next season “Walt, Walt, Walt, they took my boy.” Kill me. Speaking of which, I was pretty happy that Walt’s mom died. It’s tragic that it wasn’t a slow death, but I sure hope it was painful. Walt’s mom was a monster. What an unfeeling…well, I’m trying to cut back on my cursing in these to make it more family friendly. Oh, fock it. She was a cunt. And we all know it. She put her career first, child second, and Michael was on the list somewhere after a well cooked piece of fish and a satisfying martini. Sure, Michael was naïve and a dummy, but he seemed to care about his kid. She took full advantage of the laws that, well, I won’t editorialize about the court and custody and divorce, I bet you know where I would go with this. So, she died. Brian was terrified of the kid. And that truly is disappointing about Walt’s story arc. What is his power exactly? We know he told Locke to not open the hatch, but why not? I don’t see what harm came from that. Walt also told Locke’s that he was standing in water, surrounded by people that want to hurt him in Season 5, so I’m curious if he knew that X would be using Locke’s dead body for that. But Walt didn’t tell Locke not to go back to the island. Just that he was in danger. Walt told Michael that we now have to leave the island on the raft. Again, why? Because he knew Locke would open the hatch? The Others were coming? Why would the Other go to all the trouble of kidnapping Walt and do experiments on him, just to let him get away eventually? What did they find out about Walt? These are questions that linger with no realistic hope on my part of a resolution.

Sayid goes on and on about Nadia, the love of his life. He carries her picture with him, he talks about her, he risked his life for her. So does Desmond, with Penny. The difference is that Desmond isn’t trying to get in the pants of the island’s snarky blond in a matter of weeks after a plane crash. Nadia who? Wow, he really knows how to move on. And fast. So while Desmond can pine away for his love of his life, Sayid is searching the island for condoms. Shannon is the like the wrestling heel, who has an knack for getting the audience riled up and hate you no matter what she says. And Sayid is so preoccupied with Shannon, that she asks him to kill Locke. Wouldn’t you think twice about the motivation of the the person you are romantically linked to if the main reason to be with you is to kill someone else or do something illegal?

Which is something the men in Kate’s life don’t seem to understand either. Help escape from the law in a hospital, rob a bank, etc. Sure, why not? Let’s dig up the marshal but do a sleight of hand to hide the key from Jack. Kate’s true love died to help her. Kate is easily my least favorite character on the show. She had more terrible flashbacks in Season 1 than a Vietnam vet coming off 3 tours. Just horrible stuff. Easily the most selfish character on the show. And they really pushed the Jack, Sawyer, and Kate triangle far too aggressively. Jack has more chemistry with Vincent than with Kate. Sawyer smirks, Kate bats eyes, and Jack looks perpetually confused. What a season of smoldering indifference. I can find better acting on a skit on Saturday Night Live featuring the musical guest and the sports athlete host of the show. And another thing, why does every kiss on this show come from the left. I mean, don’t most people tilt their head to the right when they go in for a lip lock. On this show, every tilts to the left, which is very odd. The episode where Sawyer revealed Kate was the criminal, Tom gets shot, and then Sawyer wraps it up with a revealing statement to Kate “There ain’t anything on this island worth staying for.” just before the raft launch, I smiled. It was a just an episode dedicated to beating down Kate. Good. We need more of that. And of course, the first person to start talking to Kate again was the equally treacherous Sun. Snakes of a feather flock together.

Random tidbit. Locke gives Sayid the compass as they launch the raft. When did Locke get the compass back, which figures prominently later on?

As I wrap up Season One, and fittingly with the proper topic, how exactly did the Others know about Walt’s abilities and that he would be on the raft? Unless Faraday wrote about them in his journal, and that’s doubtful, the Others could not have know this information. Ethan was no longer spying, and they aren’t watching them secretly in the Pearl hatch on monitors. How did the Others just so happen to be on a boat to capture Walt? Why target Walt? Was this information that could have been researched by Mikhail when the plane went down. It’s not like his parents would have been bragging about how weird Walt is to the world. Seems way too coincidental, other than Jacob told Richard to go get Walt, to set up the trade at the end of Season 2 where Michael and Walt left.

Well, I’m currently making my way through Season 2. I’ll see you in another week or two, brutha.

I watched season 1-3 and some of 4 and then got behind. I just signed up for Netflix and am starting all the way back at episode 1. Watched the first four episodes last night! :headbanger:

I heard the first episode is going to air on GroundHog's Day. :headbanger:

I heard the first episode is going to air on GroundHog's Day. :headbanger:

You're a moron.

I just finished Season 5. All the time travel stuff is a bit confusing. Like Hurley asked Miles....why didn't Ben Linus notice Sayid? Why didn't Linus notice alot of them. He met a bunch of them when he was a kid or whatever. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention that much, but I didn't get it

I just finished Season 5. All the time travel stuff is a bit confusing. Like Hurley asked Miles....why didn't Ben Linus notice Sayid? Why didn't Linus notice alot of them. He met a bunch of them when he was a kid or whatever. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention that much, but I didn't get it

Something about alternate timelines.

Back to the future style.

Like why Marty's Mom didn't realize that her son looks EXACTLY like Calvin Klein, the guy she went to prom with.

Or why in the 2nd one, when Marty travels to the future, he sees himself. When he travels to the future, he should have disappeared from the timeline and a 2nd Marty should not have been created.

God those movies were awesome.

Richard said when he took young Linus from Kate/Sawyer that he wouldn't remember any of this. He'd be a changed person from the temple's healing. They purposely ended that episode with that to explain Hurley's question of why Linus wouldn't remember any of them from dharmaville.

From the off-season clues, including the fact that Boone, Shannon and others are going to be seen early in season 6, I'm convinced we're going to see flashforwards of what would have happened had the plane not crashed but instead landed in LA. (First episode is called "LA X"...coincidence?). The writers never want us to know what's coming next, so...

If that's the case, the show will NOT end with the plane never crashing. It will happen as we've seen unfold (the writers would be basically saying the first 5 seasons we've written are now inconsequential if the plane never crashed). Not to mention the Incident happened (they created their own future by their actions and choices, their destiny wasn't set in stone aka Jacob's line "there is always a choice"), Juliet exploded the bomb, which creates the need for the swan, 108 minutes and their plane crashing. No re-boot, only a tease at one to keep viewers guessing.

The series finale will be:

"THEY ALL DIED IN THE END, OBVIOUSLY. (but thanks for all your money and continued support)

Sincerely,

JJ Abrams (or however I spell my name)"

Season 6 Preview - A Look Back On Season Two

I cannot emphasize enough the significance that the first episode of Season 6 will debut on Groundhog’s Day, February 2nd. Oh, the Groundhog Day Theory is still alive and kicking. I just need to revisit the theory and flesh it out during the end of the preview articles I’m putting together over the next few weeks.

This season was all over the place. The most common theme that I was seeing was the transitional nature of the characters. Characters undergoing changes from the time they landed on the island. As Locke told Shannon, everybody has a chance to start over on the island. I took a lot of notes, and rather than trying to muddle through chronologically or logically, I just started typing and came up with this disorganized mess. But I can assure you, as always, I will be more bitter than a lime, and more bristly than a cactus. Onward.

Shannon. A character I really didn’t have a lot of sympathy for or cared much about one way or another, so I’m somewhat happy she was killed off but also oddly indifferent. Sure, I’m very hard in my critiques of many of the main female characters on the show. Maybe I don’t date much. Stop analyzing me. I always treat women with respect and kindness. So anyway, I believe I called Shannon a learning disabled chimp last week. The thing is, I never got the impression that she passed any kind of test that the island presented to her. She wasn’t visited by Jacob off island (Season 5), so ultimately she was a minor character. She started off with a snobby, self important attitude. She slept with Boone and used him to scam money a number of times. Yeah, her father died in the same car accident that brought Jack’s future wife to the hospital. Her mother cut off her money. It was a pathetic try by the writers to humanize her after spending most of Season 1 demonizing her; however, she never became sympathetic to me, even in that last ditch effort before she got shot in the gut by Ana-Lucia. She started to see ghost Walt in the jungle, and nobody believed her. Nope, still don’t care about her. I had a better connection to a Dharma can of peaches than Shannon. The odd thing is Walt may or may not have been a Smoke Monster image or he was projecting himself, but there were certainly whispers present. That seems to be an inconsistency with the show. The whispers: the Others, or Jacob or X. What causes them? I have yet to detect a definitive pattern. Why was Walt covered in water when he appeared? Anyway, among the last things Shannon said “They think I’m some kind of joke, I’m worthless.” I couldn’t help but think Get her off my screen already. She is the bathroom break on the show. Oh, it’s a Shannon scene? Time to take a tinkle. I know I won’t miss anything important Sayid tells her that he loves her. Again, the writers made a mistake with this dead end story line. Why talk about Nadia but have Sayid fooling around with Shannon? Just illogical and somewhat cheapens Nadia down the road. Hell, Nadia was a bigger character in Sayid’s one flashback episode than at any other point in the whole show. Here is a tip for everybody. Don’t let Sayid fall in love with you, because you will die. Anyway, she’s dead. Cindy gets captured right before the shooting, and again, the whispers, but seems like the Others were the source of them in this case, or was it Sayid and Shannon’s voices carrying through the jungle. I’m not going to obsess over jungle acoustics. At least not this week.

OK. Let’s talk about the hatch, and the first few episodes that pivoted upon the exploration of this mysterious object which so consumed the characters during the end of Season 1. Sure seems anticlimactic considering how many hatches have been found on the island since the Swan. What, about a dozen so far? Giving credit where credit is due, probably the most significant and in my eyes the most favorable thing that Kate did was agreeing to be lowered into the hatch first. It was as creepy as watching a horror movie, the first time I ever watched the scene. But, of course, this also conjured up the image of Juliet lying at the bottom of this shaft, dying, pounding on a bomb with a rock. Comparing those two activities, well, let’s not waste a bashing of Kate here. She done good. While this episode is in full swing, we see Jack’s marriage fall apart. The woman he saved and married has decided that she is leaving Jack and has been seeing someone else. The writers tried to make Sarah look less of a monster by having Jack kiss the woman in the hospital parking lot. Sorry. Sarah is a horrible person who I really hope is driving quickly down a highway, her brakes fail, and drives right into an abutment with her car immediately bursting into flames. “I’ve been seeing someone else, and he is a famous golfer. Thanks for saving my life, but I gotta scram.” But as this ungrateful barrel of toxic waste oozes out the door and out of Simple Jack’s life, we are introduced to Desmond. And he makes a reference that becomes his slug line. No, not slug as in Sarah. But his catch phrase. See you in another life, brother. So, how about that Groundhog Day? For those that have never seen this excellent comedy, Bill Murray is trapped in Punxsutawney, PA for the Groundhog festival. But the next day, he wakes up and it’s Feb 2nd all over again. He needs to figure out what he has to do so that when he wakes up, it will be Feb 3rd. It takes a long time to get it right. He eventually breaks the cycle. A cycle that Jacob and X are waging a battle over. All it takes is one time to break the cycle. See you in another life, brother. Anyway, clearly it was a fascinating moment of Jack recognizing Desmond in the hatch. We are introduced to the riddle “What did one snowman say to the other snowman?” (Smells like carrots) and the first of many Orientation films with the Dr Chang with more aliases than Ron Mexico. We also learn that Desmond was responsible for the light coming out of the hatch in Season 1 which seemed so significant to Locke. Actually, in a way it was, as it kept Desmond from eating a bullet.

We get an earful of Michael screaming for Walt ad nauseum while floating in the water. Contrast Sawyer removing a bullet from his arm with his fingers, but Michael is sobbing for Walt. Michael is a character that I liked at the beginning of the show, and just loathed by the start of Season 2 and beyond, well before his murderous activities and constantly running off into the jungle willy nilly. They took my son. They took my son. Walt. Whaaaaaaaa. Oh, shut up. Go give up your son in the custody battle again. It’s amazing. Michael arrives at the island an unselfish person. He leaves the island the most selfish character in the cast. He just got more evil as the show went along. And a much worse actor. Just the over the top desperation to get his son was…have you ever stuck your tongue into an electrical outlet. Yeah, me neither. But I’m sure that jolt would be the same feeling as hearing Michael open his mouth in Season 2. Since my britches burning, let’s get right to it, and tell you my big issue with Season 2. How stupid were the Losties in not realizing that it was Michael who freed Ben, shot Ana Lucia, Libby and himself? These are walking, breathing Pez dispensers, with heads empty except for candy. Follow my logic. Nobody knows that AnaLucia untied Ben in his armory cell. Everybody was rushing back thinking that AnaLucia stole Sawyer’s gun to shoot Ben. Initially, Locke was the only one that knew Ben tried to strangle AnaLucia, and he eventually shared that information. So when the gun was taken, everybody thought AnaLucia would enter the armory and shoot Ben as retaliation. But everybody, and I mean everybody including Locke, knew that Ben was tied up. Except for AnaLucia, who untied him, and chose not to shoot him. So, follow the events. Let this sink in. Michael shoots Ana Lucia on the couch, which is facing away from the hatch. Libby is shot all the way across the room. Michael shoots himself in the shoulder after he enters the armory and tells Ben that he is free to go. Then Michael shoots himself in the shoulder. So, the Losties rush back, and see Michael stumbling out of the hatch with his bleeding shoulder. Let’s look at all the logic that was completely overlooked. The blood splatters in the armory, on the wall, could only have come from Michael. Therefore, Michael must have been the first shot, not last like he claimed, by proximity evidence. Who untied Ben? Was it AnaLucia, who logically and assumed by everybody would have been holding the gun? But Michael’s fabricated story would have you believe that she had her back to the armory, sitting down, unaware that the armory was open and Ben was escaping with the gun he stole from her? She was shot in the front of her torso, so basically Ben untied himself, broke out of the armory, stole AnaLucia’s gun, told her to sit still, shoot her, turned to fire and kill Libby, then grabbed Michael, marched him into the armory, passed by him to get on his other side, and then shoot him from the back of the armory where he was originally tied up. Does this seem like the most ridiculous thing in the history of history? And what about the powder burns on Michael’s hands? Which is run of the mill for anytime somebody shoots any gun. Jack didn’t notice them while fixing Michael’s arm? Are you kidding me? Did these assh0les, any of them, ever watch a cop show? Look at the evidence, man. You don’t even have the gumption to question the only witness, who should automatically be considered a suspect. Nobody, NOBODY doubted Michael’s stupid story. Further, the only thing Michael keeps talking about in the hatch is asking if Libby is awake and if she said anything. Again, this is seriously suspicious and selfish behavior. Michael is remorseless and is very concerned about being caught. But, again, nobody stops to think that Michael might be worried about Libby blabbing. Oh, but we are just getting warmed up. Michael talks about tracking the Others to their camp. Oh, but they eat dried fish, live in huts and teepees, old, dirty, mostly women, and are worse off than us. We can take them. Uh, Michael, look at the Losties beach. Are they really worse off than the castaways. Then Michael claims he only ever saw two guns. Two guns? Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Locke just turned over 5 guns to the Others. Have these troglodytes completely turned their brains to the “off” setting. They have your guns. That they took from you days ago. Their heads are full of pudding. Next, Michael says he is making all the decisions on who to bring along to fight these 23 people. He wants to bring 5 people, FIVE?, you need more than five to overrun a Girl scout troop bake sale. Five people including Michael with a badly injured shoulder and Hurley who doesn’t know how to use a gun. They couldn’t capture a lemonade stand with that kind of plan. And Sayid is the only person, ONLY person, who figures out Michael is compromised. And you don’t want Sayid, the “only soldier in camp” to go along? Five vs Twenty Three? Michael is the worst military strategist ever or obviously trying to get them killed. Can it be more obvious. The Iraqi Information Minister was more believable as he claimed that the U.S. army was nowhere near Baghdad as you could see U.S. army tanks a block away rolling through town. I find Jesse Ventura’s conspiracy garbage more believable than Michael. Might as well give Michael a Nobel prize while we are at it. Jumping Jehosophat. This is just sloppy. I lost my mind over this shocking, glaring, blatant jackassery. Sure, Michael shooting the ladies and releasing Ben was a bit stunning, one of the most shocking moments of the series, but that single scene glossed over a whole world of stupidity. This Michael crap….my teeth ache. if I had 103 cavities in my mouth right now, my teeth would hurt less than thinking about these plot developments. I hate…..that’s it. I just hate. Just to let you know, I have returned from a 5 minute break of breathing into a brown paper bag. It took 4 minutes to realize that it was full of garbage. For the sake of all things holy, the cast of Jersey Shore are freaking geniuses as compared to these lunkheads. And for the love of God, somebody punch Snoo-Kate in the face.

Locke’s outside life. I thought it was notable that Helen, John’s girlfriend Peg Bundy, was the one that instilled a sense of taking a leap of faith in John’s psyche. Though it was short lived as it turns out, Locke’s lesson of being a man of faith took root here, when Helen talked him out of hanging around outside of his father’s house. Of course, when Locke is turned down proposing to Helen when Locke is caught helping his father, why oh why doesn’t Locke go back to the hotel room and grab his share for helping, 200 grand. I mean, why not? His father said he was just going to leave it for the maid if John didn’t take it. I can’t quite remember, but I hope Locke went back for it. I get the feeling he was too dumb to do so.

Let’s go back to the Swan hatch, where everybody is taking turns pushing a button that they believe does absolutely nothing. Sayid and Jack explore the hatch, it’s strong magnetic pull, geothermal power source, and the 8-10 foot thick cement walls which Sayid compared to Chernobyl, which also had an incident..

The Tailies story was really the first time we saw a story told from a completely different vantage point, and I liked it. In fact, the Tailies were a group of characters that I for the most part enjoyed. Mr Eko was pure “scary” personified with a gentle speaking voice and evil smile. No matter how much the writers tried to make AnaLucia unsympathetic, it just didn’t work for me. I thought she was a great. Libby was fine, no complaints. From the beginning, I like Bernard. Then his Garrison Keiller crap got annoying after a few seasons and I’d love to repeatedly punch him in the neck. The unexplained plot point that has nagged me for years: why did the Other take 3 people the first night? Clearly, in Season 3, Ben tells Goodwin to make a list and subsequently we find out that the Others will figure out who to take from the lists that Goodwin and Ethan make. Which is what happened during the second abduction of the Tailies. But why the rogue abduction on day one. It makes no sense. I always put forth and Other Other theory of several groups of natives on the island, possibly living underground, but that didn’t materialize. We eventually learned of the caves and the Temple, so I got that part right at least. Still, this is an issue we may never get resolved. The Tailies find the Arrow Hatch, a hatch remarkable for not being useful or having any discernable purpose, 23 survived the crash, 5 make the trek to the Losties camp. AnaLucia kills Goodwin in a memorably tense scene when she calmly tells him that she knows he is an Other, and they end up in a death dance. Goodwin told AnaLucia that Nathan, the guy whose neck Goodwin broke, was not a good person and therefore not on the list. After seeing AnaLucia and MrEko’s back stories, we can see how they would not be on the lists because they were not “good” people off the island. However, you are telling me Libby and Bernard weren’t good people either. It doesn’t add up. However, we see Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sawyer on the Michael list later in the season. Does this make them good people? Really? What about the other good people, like Locke for instance? Something doesn’t smell right about the lists. Just before Michael runs off after Walt like the selfish d!ck that he is, he tells AnaLucia in his own inimitable style “They took my son!!”. AnaLucia returns with they took a lot of things. FACE. With a quick smack, AnaLucia spikes that can of corn right back at Michael. He is whining about his missing son to the leader of a group that has lost 18 members, including more children than just one dopey kid. Mr Eko explains to Jin how the Others do not leave tracks, which reminded me of an Easter Egg, a bonus scene from the Season 2 DVD. I believe it was Disc 2. As the disk is at the menu portion, they reshow the scene of Mr Eko and Jin hiding in the bushes, watching the Others walk by in barefeet and dragging a teddy bear. What they add is that the last Other is carrying a palm leaf, and is brushing the footprints out of the path. They do not leave tracks. It’s a shame the Tailies turned out to be mere footnotes in this series, as Jacob did not visit them off island, they didn’t last very long on the island, and even more unfortunately is that the sharp as a bag of mothballs Bernard is the only one left. Other than anyone that was kidnapped and is still alive somewhere.

We got full exposure to some horrible episodes, featuring missing wedding rings and a need to baptize a baby. Honestly, that baptism episode stunk really bad. Charlie keeps taking the baby, gets beaten up by Locke. And if Charlie is talking about a dream, why is Locke all of the sudden a skeptic, that renowned man of faith. It’s bullsh!t. Charlie has gone out of his way to help Claire, nearly lost his life for her, but he goes for a walk with the kid, and he is the most hated man in camp. Further, how stupid is his drug habit. He beats the addiction, and is a good guy. He gets tempted, bad guy. He overcomes temptation, good guy. He gets tempted again, bad guy. Just make up your mind already. You’re wasting our time. Focking just drown already. It’s not that I didn’t like Charlie, it’s just his story line was pointless after a while, including the flashbacks. Just the same old sh!t. So the island tempts Charlie, he passes the test, and the island kills him soon after anyway. Pointless and ponderous.

After Mr Eko returns an injured Sawyer to the hatch, the con man makes a bad decision to say about Kate “I love her”. Oh, bad move, Romeo. Kate meanwhile is sleep deprived from watching Sawyer, and sees a manifestation of a black horse which helped her escape from the marshal off-island. Again, sleep deprived increases chances of such visions. Turns out, Kate murders her mother’s boyfriend with a gas explosion, much to her mother’s disapproval. And never shows any remorse for it. Kate gets spooked by a possessed Sawyer, leaves him to die, and 10 minutes later is playing tonsil hockey with Dr Jack. Wow, that was a quick change in direction by Kate. Only to be repeated another thousand times over the next few seasons. Can somebody just kill her already? Please. So why did Kate kill her father? “I hated that you were a part of me.” Excuse me? That is a reason to kill somebody? I hate that you are my father, that your sperm led to my very existence, and since I hate myself so much, I will not kill myself but instead now I will kill you and not take responsibility for it but run. Hello? Is there anybody listening? I am stunned. You would think the guy would have at least molested her or hit Kate or something. Nope. She killed him because Kate had low self esteem. This warped logic just made my nose bleed. Please, somebody tell me this giant sack of suck is not supposed to be a likable character. “Every time I look at Sawyer, I see you.” Get up, Sawyer, and run. This crazy b!tch is going to blow you up too.

When Michael starts to use the Swan computer to talk to Walt, it’s fairly obvious it’s Ben or a minion typing back from the Pearl station, watching Michael.

The Mr Eko flashbacks were terrific. All of them. When Charlie leads Eko to the drug plane, the Smoke monster is following. Eventually, Eko and the dark Smoke Monster have a staring contest, and the monster blinks first. Nice scene. We could see in slow motion how the monster pulls memories out of a person’s head, which it then uses for it’s advantage and schemes and manifestations later. And that is the confusing thing. Last week, I proclaimed that the Christian manifestation was dark smoke monster and led Jack to the caves. But Jacob also scanned the Losties off island by touching them, so he could have led Jack to the caves as a white smoke monster manifestation, and since Christian has said that he speaks for Jacob, it makes more sense. Let’s face it, it’s confusing to know right this second who is doing what course correcting and for what purpose when it comes to Jacob vs X. I’d just speculating that two different smoke monsters exist without any definite proof. Mr Eko sees a recently departed AnaLucia in a dream, and Yemi too. Before, he was told to build a church. His new mission is to help John. Mr Eko is picking up John’s slack in the faith department, and is starting to be tested by island. The button needed to be pushed. I’m not sure if Jacob or X is pushing Eko along. We saw Eko scanned by the dark smoke monster, but does X want Locke helped so that later on he could take over his dead body. Certainly, there is a lot to think about in instances like this. Who is behind which manifestation and for what ultimate purpose. Not on a micro level, but a macro long term investment purpose. Eko needs John to take him to the question mark, which we discover is the Pearl hatch, which very much resembles the TV aisle in a Best Buy. Eko, in a flashback, investigates a miracle of a girl coming to life during an autopsy. Her father is Mr Malkin, the psychic that got Claire her plane tickets. Malkin goes on and on to Eko about how he is a fraud, he gathers intelligence, and exploits people. So, what was his motivation to get Claire on that plane and that she must raise the child herself, but then sets her up to give up her baby in Los Angeles. Course correcting? Sure. But what is the motivation, or who is behind the course correction in this case?

After Michael goes rogue, locking Locke and Jack in the armory and goes after Walt, we get a face to face meeting by campfire with the Others. Tom tells Jack that Walt is a very special boy. Why? We may never know. In order to save Kate, who was told to stay behind but she doesn’t listen like usual, the Losties give up a third of the guns that they have. What kind of decision is that. I’d have kept the guns and let them have Kate. Rubes, every last one of them. Rubes. Later, AnaLucia comes up with the line of the Season. She asks Jack, as they are talking about Kate, “You hitting that?” Yeah, I’d hit that. With a piano dropped from a significant height.

Sawyer runs a simply brilliant long con with Charlie’s help in kidnapping Sun leading to getting his hands on all the guns. “There is a new sheriff in town, boys.” That was one of the high points of the series. The con he pulled with Cassidy was pretty slick too.

Sayid fixes a radio, catches a transmission of the Glenn Mille Orchestra. Hurley says the music could be coming from anywhere, or anytime. Nice foreshadowing.

When Michael was held prisoner, we were introduced to a character of Mrs. Klugh. After she got off to a promising start, she never mattered in the show again other than asking Mikhail to shoot her outside the Flame station rather than being captured in Season 3. Which of course gave me the impression that she knew her death would be temporary, as in loop. Or maybe she thought she was dying for a worthy cause. I’m sure I’ll dwell on this during next season’s review.

Danielle captures Henry Gale, brings Sayid along, and states matter of factly that he is one of them, the Others. She should know. Ben/Henry stole Alex from her during Season 5. Rousseau shoots Henry with an arrow, signifying the beginning of the suffering of Ben, where it seems he is constantly battered and bruised, looking like a ragamuffin. We get the brief back story of Inman, the man who got Sayid to torture for him, and the man who was to become Desmond’s partner pushing a button. Ben starts his own long con from the armory, having Mr Eko apologize to him for killing a few Others, getting Jack and Locke to fight, driving Locke crazy about not pushing the button, drawing a map to the balloon then joking that is would be a trap. There was a food drop and the blast doors trapped John underneath. But he got a fluorescent look at where some of the other hatches on the island would be located. The blast door fractured Locke’s leg. This led to the reveal that Rose also knew that Locke was in a wheelchair on the plane, so she knew the miracles the island could perform, like curing her cancer. Once it was determined that Henry Gale was dead, I had to wonder how he died. He left a goodbye note, walked toward the beach, and had his neck snapped. Then he was buried under his balloon. Did the Others kill the real Henry Gale? Kind of callous. Ben tells Locke that he was coming for him, and I believe him in this case. Locke was certainly mentioned in the Faraday journal, and the Others such as Widmore and Faraday’s mother and Richard saw Locke in the past, time traveling. Ben wanted to meet the man who would be such a key figure in the past and future of the island.

We find our third hatch – the Medical hatch with Rousseau, Claire, and Kate.

There was a memorable line by Sun upon announcing her pregnancy “I swear to you Jin, I have never been with another man, and that is the truth.” I’m too exhausted to get into it again with the evil that is Sun, so moving on…

Hurley sees his imaginary buddy Dave running around the island. Hurley kicks Sawyer’s ass in a fight, a genuinely humorous moment. Speaking of which, the Dave situation reminded me a lot of Fight Club, a glorious movie. I though a very key moment came when Dave dove off the cliff and told Hurley “See you in another life”. Yet another reference to Groundhog Day or Alternate Universe/Time Line. We find Libby in the mental hospital watching Hurley. Another plot line that doesn’t look like it will ever get resolved. Then again, realistically it’s hard to expect every detail to be explained to us, no matter how often I demand the answers.

AnaLucia takes a trip with Christian to Sydney. Hey, that’s another connection to JJAbrams. The main character in Alias was named Sydney. I didn’t notice that before. Anyway, Christian goes on a bender and decides to visit his daughter at 4:00AM, which is never a good idea. However, this is where we get the first clue, and only clue needed to be honest, that Jack and Claire are related. However, Christian points out very drunkenly that he is paying the mortgage on the house and has the right to see his daughter. See, this is why I don’t understand certain aspects of the law. Why wouldn’t he have the right to see his daughter? Just wake her ass up. ‘Ole Money Bags is here for a visit.

Desmond’s flashback introduces the character of Charles Widmore, who seemed so sinister and important for several seasons. Going into Season 6, does he matter all that much anymore? We realize that he is working on course correcting, and is not being cruel to Desmond just to be a d!ck by trying to bribe him and not allowing his letters to reach Penny or calling him a coward, but because he needs to steer Desmond in the right direction. Piss him off enough to get him to participate in some boat race and end up on the island pushing the button. Faraday’s journal chronicled the importance of Desmond, the constant, and Widmore along with Eloise Hawking had the journal. When Desmond returns to the Losties on the island, he makes a reference that they are all trapped in a snow globe on the island. Which was an excellent analogy considering the time fluxes surrounding it. We also see the mysterious Libby giving Desmond the sailboat for the race. Apparently, Libby’s husband David (imaginary Dave?) had just recently passed away and she didn’t need the boat anymore. Course correcting by Widmore? We will never know the story of Libby, I would suspect. A loose end..

When the Losties are marching into Michael’s trap, there was a some kind of bird that swooped down and said “Hurley”. Rewatching that scene was significant in that it was clearly a manifestation, and was undeniable proof that the writers on this show smoke weed. When Sawyer kills one of the Others, Jack finally decides to confront Michael on his lies. I was shocked to see Michael confess his crimes, and nobody punch him or shoot him. “It’s my son.” Really? I would have never guessed from the million times you’ve stated it this season. You know, there are some things you wouldn’t do for a child. Sayid, Jin and Sun see the 4 toed statue for the first time. It seemed like such a quick scene, but stirred so much debate over the years, and Season 5 showed how incredibly significant this structure was. Sayid explores the fake camp that was built to fool Michael. Seems like a lot of effort for a prank, but it was effective for it’s purpose. We find out where the journals go from the pneumatic tubes in the Pearl hatch – the middle of nowhere in the jungle. Some tasering happens, and Michael leaves with his boat. Ben assures Michael that the Others are the good guys. Well, I might not go that far; I don’t think we are any closer to resolving that statement today than the day Ben said that.

As John and Desmond push Eko out of his button pushing duty, Locke declares that the button is meaningless. “I’ve more sure of this than anything in my entire life.” Good think he said this a few minutes before declaring “I was wrong”. We see some of the hatch history explained by Inman, such as Radzinsky’s suicide, Inman painted on the blast doors. Pushing the button releases a built up discharge, but there is also a key for a failsafe. I suppose Radzinsky survived the Others gas attack because he was in the hatch, but how long was it until he realized he was the last Dharma left on the island. Also, he knew the true history of the Swan hatch, so who exactly was the Orientation film for? The Pearl orientation film might make some sense, in that it was a hoax, but why the Swan? Anyway, Desmond thinks that he was responsible for the Oceanic plane crash on the day he accidently killed a fleeing Inman and was late returning to the button. Desmond and Locke argue about the button until Locke breaks the computer and we get the expected system failure. Desmond turns the key, leading to future shenanigans in upcoming seasons. I didn’t like how Charlie ran away from the hatch, went to the beach, didn’t tell anyone what had happened, and then start making out with Claire. What about your buddies, dipsh!t? They might be dead.

We end with the Portuguese men in the Arctic who work for Penny, playing chess. Of course, much like the backgammon game from Season 1, chess is a battle of white vs black, a battle of wits, and a shining metaphor of Jacob vs X.

Oh, how I dread watching the upcoming Hydra island episodes and the cages and stupid Jack, Kate, and Sawyer triangle and worthless episodes about tattoos. What is salvageable is that we are introduced to Juliet, so it will be decent watching her character develop. See you in another week, brother. It will feel more like a lifetime. Stupid Hydra island.

Season 6 Preview - A Look Back On Season Three

I’ll admit it. Christmas music makes me angry. Oh, it has nothing to do with the religious observance of the holiday. It’s just that people are too happy, too shallow, too happy, too consumer driven, and too happy this time of year. No, I don’t like happy. Happy sucks. I tend to root for the villains when I am watching Law & Order: SVU, and boo the victims, even when they are found dead. Those marathons on USA are great. I yell at Girl Scouts that are trying to sell me plywood masquerading as cookies. I’ll chase them around the neighborhood with a trident. I’m cynical. So what? And just when you think it can’t get any worse, we get Jack and Kate during Season 3 of LOST. Oh, how I would love to beat them to death with a stocking full of scorpions covered in poison. What follows is long, rambling, idiotic, and occasionally drunken mess. Sorry.

To explain my sense of where this show is on a fundamental basis, I am reminded of a similar concept, from the Matrix trilogy of movies. Nobody said that the Lost concept was original at the core, but the presentation of the series has been unique. So, let’s explore the core of the show. In the second Matrix film, the Keanu Reeves “Neo” character meets the Architect, the man who is responsible for building the Matrix, a program designed to misdirect the human mind as to what is actual reality. During the conversation, the Architect tells Neo that not only is he the chosen one and the anomaly to the whole Matrix which makes everything work and can make everything fall apart. The key to the whole enchilada. Most importantly, he is the 5th incarnation to visit him in the Architect’s super secret location. The 5th loop. Neo is given two choices: the first choice is to go back to where he came from and save humanity. Although the underground city of Zion will be destroyed, but Neo will be given a dozen or so people to help recolonize the planet, to start all over again to rebuild and start over with humanity. Basically, this is a reset of sorts whenever the game changer gets to a certain point. And then the same events more or less transpire again in a loop. However, Neo gets stronger and smarter with every incarnation, making progress, and eventually with free will chooses the other path, the 2nd choice. He chooses to save his gal Trinity and risk the potential annihilation of all mankind forever in order to be given a chance to destroy the Matrix. In third movie, he breaks the loop, and goes on to beat the odds and give humanity a way of life free from the Matrix and peace on earth. Along the way, there are course correctors, people who know what is truly happening, and pushing people and events along to where they need to be. There are also temptations offered by the Matrix that some fail, like the Joe Pantaliano character in the first Matrix movie. It is not until Neo clearly breaks the loop, choosing the other door, that we get uncharted territory. Do you see where I am going with this? Both Groundhog Day, and the Matrix movies are good examples of what I think is going on with this seemingly muddled show. The picture is becoming clearer of what has been happening, especially when I’m rewatching everything from the beginning. Desmond is huge part of seeing this overall truth, and Season 3 really opens the door to this line of thinking. Sure, the season also has the polar bear cages and other not fun stuff. Honestly, it’s hard to predict where we are headed in Season 6. However, I don’t think that is a defeat to deduction. Season 6 is uncharted territory, things that we could not possibly foresee because the characters themselves have no way of knowing what will happen because nobody has been outside of this contained universe, the Loop. The mind bending roller coaster experience of Lost starts to pick up momentum during these Season 3 episodes. I will point out some scene continuity errors which lead me to believe that the first 5 seasons of Lost are not one long continuous loop. Nope. My attention to detail is slightly blurry from watching so many episodes back to back. But you can pick up on them in many episodes, and I will mention some of the obvious ones. This is the show: we are seeing scenes from multiple loops strung together for our viewing pleasure. Are you following what I’m saying? I could try to come up with a cheesy metaphor or simile to try to relate this situation, but let’s try plain speak. At any particular time, we are seeing a scene from a loop. The very next scene could be from another loop. There isn’t much difference in content and action, ans the story lines are nearly identical, as we come to expect in looped events. But the fine details are…..off. Very slight changes. Nothing that ruins the story line. But things are different. Daniel Faraday kept saying for a long time that whatever happened, happened. And for the most part, he was right. But within the individual loops, slight changes could still happen, the minor details. It’s the major events that could not be screwed with. So when the paintings change in Widmore’s office, that is a continuity error resolved by us knowing that is just one scene from, oh let’s say Loop #2. Then the paintings change again within seconds, because it is a scene from Loop #4. The show is a collection of scenes from different loops, jumping from loop to loop. It seems that the ultimate loop breaker, like Keanu Reeves choosing a different door, was the actions that led to Juliet detonating the bomb. That is why Eloise Hawking said in Season 5 that she didn’t know what happens next, because things were starting to become different, things not contained with Daniel Faradays book, things not experienced by any of the course correctors or the people aware of the looping life. And Season Six is likely to be what happens when that loop breaks, when we wake up to see February 3rd like in Groundhog Day. But I hope everybody is seeing what I’m trying to say. The show, all 5 seasons so far, has been a compilation of different scenes of let’s say for example five loops. And it’s basically edited to show us scenes from different loops, with slight differences here and there. Remember when I swore up and down in Season 5 that young Ben was dead because time traveling Sayid shot him in the heart, but the next week the bullet wound was on the opposite side of his torso and Ben lived. This is simply the difference of what occurred in different loops. The writers edited together different loop scenes to give us a “What the hell?” type of moment, and to drive me insane. Not alternate timelines necessarily which I entertained the thought of briefly. Different loops. Desmond sees Charlie die in various ways, because Desmond can see through the Matrix misdirection after the hatch blew up, and actually see the ways Charlie died in different loops, can see the code of the Matrix like Keanu Reeves did. It all fits together like jigsaw pieces in my head. I hope that I was able to adequately explain that insanity to you, the patient reader, as I start dissecting Season Three, and revist these concepts through the end of Season Five and into the future. If Season Six proves we wrong with my concept, so be it. I gave this a valiant effort. Daniel Faraday told us that if the bomb is detonated, the plane lands in Los Angeles. That is your start of Season 6. My questions are: will the island cease to exist? What happens to Ben, Sun, Illana that are trapped in current time on the island? Do the island people like Richard? Do any of these folks end up on the plane along with the expected passengers of 815 like Jack, Hurley, Charlie, Libby, Walt, the marshal, Neil the Frogurt guy, Pauolo, etc. If you are still with me, let’s continue.

So, the Other’s book club is interrupted by the Oceanic 815 plane crash, a very cool looking scene, as the plane is simply pulled apart in the sky. Ben instructs Ethan and Goodwin to go look for survivors, compile lists, and don’t do anything for 3 days. Of course, as I mentioned in the last preview, 3 people were kidnapped from the Tailies on the first night. Unless this was a loop disparity, where Ben didn’t say make a list. Eureka!!! Instead of dwelling on these little details that do not add up like I tend to do, it is simply something from another loop the show is giving us. Oh, how breathtakingly simple that concept is, and soothes my inner rage over contradictions in the story line. Brilliant!!!! Juliet’s book choice is Carrie, who I can see as analogous to Juliet, who we see bullied by Ben, disappointed by Jack, and eventually having her relationship with Sawyer destroyed by Kate coming back. So goes crazy at the end and sets off a bomb at the prom. So, we meet Juliet, who explains to Jack, “I don’t think you’re stupid Jack, just stubborn”. Um, Juliet, you may reconsider that last thought. He is pretty dumb. Tom tells us for the first time that he is gay by telling Kate that she is not his type. Well, Kate isn’t my type either, but when Tom throws a football later in the season, there is no doubt about his type. For the record, I can throw a football just fine. Now, it is true that Jack is stubborn. But it doesn’t take a genius to be stubborn. A monkey can be both stupid and stubborn when it’s trying to hump a basketball. That would sum up Jack’s obsession with learning the name of Sarah’s new boyfriend. Now, a smart person might decide to hire a private detective or something equally simple but still clever. Jack decides to show up at a divorce hearing and tells his cheating soon to be ex-wife that she can have the house, the cars, everything, I just need a name. Really, Jack? Really? That’s the plan? Custard has a better plan. Every character in There’s Something About Mary had a better plan. Then you go tackle your dad at an A.A. meeting because you want a name? How about you take a wad cash like a normal broken human being and go out and get some hookers and coke. Get a grip, dummy. Following his natural instincts, Jack manages to nearly flood the hatch he is in and get knocked out by a punch from Juliet. Solid work by Jack the whole episode. Early on, we see that Ben does not value the life of Juliet all that much, or at least he is very self protective. Ben goes on to tell Jack that “I’ve lived on this island all my life.” Whatever Ben says could have complicated meanings, but this was a lie I believed for a couple of episodes.

As Kate is put in her cage, after Ben promised her the next two weeks would be unpleasant, we see that she looks beat up, tear stained, and her arms are skinned and raw around where the handcuffs are. Um, did the Others rough her up in some way before putting her in the cage? Kate looked like she was in a state of shock. She and Sawyer are made to work hauling rocks on the Hydra hatch island, which we find out definitively a couple of seasons later was to clear the way to build a runway for the Ajira airplane emergency landing.

Young Sun breaks a glass statue, and continues to lie to her father, despite the consequence of the maid being fired. Sun is a natural liar with very little evidence of a conscious or soul. Even more striking is Sun’s father, Mr Paik, and his weird eyes. Holy Cyclops, Batman. That guy has one eye opened, and the other is nearly closed. When he gets agitated, the difference is even more pronounced as he gets bug eyed, in just one eye. Aaaargh. It be pirate day. It’s Popeye, the car salesman. Toot. Toot. We get definitive proof of Sun’s infidelity, but she is caught in the act by Mr Paik, her affair ends when Jae falls from a building. I’ve wondered if the death was suicide or murder, but considering Jae was clutching the pearls he wanted to give to Sun, I guess he jumped on his own after Jin kicking his ass. Well, if I were young and rich, I would left the country and lived a life of luxury and fun. But I guess a terrifying fall to your death is fun too. Sun ends up shooting the Other Colleen, one of the few times I’ve been happy by something that Sun has done on the show. But Sayid is badly outsmarted in trying to lay a trap for the Others. Worst soldier ever.

The hatch is gone, Locke can’t speak, Desmond is naked, and Mr Eko is nowhere to be found. Ah, this is what I imagine living on campus while attending college is most likely all about. The crater of the imploded hatch itself seems awfully small considering the sheer size of the hatch, the various rooms, the tunnel leading to the shaft, the concrete areas, etc. The crater looked like about 1/10 of the size of the hatch, oddly enough. This isn’t a loop differentiation as much as just bad props. In the sweat lodge, Locke sees Boone, and they have a bizarre trip through an airport, seeing many of the key characters hanging around. We see a back story on John on a hippie commune, and he is the patsy again, as the FBI used him to break up a drug ring. Locke is such a pathetic sad sack off island. Yet, this lump of mashed potatoes that is Locke is able to rescue Mr Eko from a cave guarded by a bad CGI image of something that is supposed to look like a polar bear but looked more like an angry elderly diner jockeying for position in a Florida buffet at around 4:30PM on a Wednesday. The intriguing thing about that bear cave which I missed previously is that it was full of human skeletons and Dharma uniforms. Did the bears hunt Dharma folks? If they were so dangerous to Dharma members, why no mention of them during Dharma time travel days from 1977? Was the polar bear a monster manifestation? Maybe. Desmond starts to show signs of his loop awareness by seeing details before they happen in the current loop. Like the speech given by Locke on the beach, and the lighting strike at the camp, and saving Claire from drowning. He doesn’t see the future, but more likely the past incarnations of the upcoming future. He simply sees the loop with heightened perception, in a series of flashed images.

Sawyer is having a tough time. He can’t figure out the fish biscuit machine faster than the polar bears, Ben beats the hell out of him with his baton weapon, he has a needle plunged into his heart, Pickett beat the hell out of him, and then finds out he has a daughter while in prison. I’ve had better weeks. We see another long con by Sawyer to get out of jail, but Ben one ups him by revealing that there is no pacemaker and that they are on another island. This was a classic “What the fock?” kind of moments that make this show so grand. Sawyer sleeps with his second woman on the island in Kate. The pattern that is established is that Kate seems to sleep with Sawyer whenever she feels an emotion of some kind.

Mr Eko receives several visits from Yemi on the island, or in other words the black smoke monster. For sure. We see the black wisps of smokes several times as Yemi is making his appearances. Oddly enough, the black smoke monster keeps hiding/fleeing whenever Locke shows up. I will have to study this in the future, but during the Mr Eko judgment, the monster was obviously hiding. It was certainly a precursor to the Ben judgment to come in Season 5, basically the same thing. The island tells Yemi “it is time to confess, be judged”. John asks Eko what he has seen since Locke “saw a very bright light, it was beautiful”. Eko responds with “that is not what I saw”, leading to my speculation that we have two very different smoke monsters on the island. The lady back in Nigeria in Eko’s last flashback resonated with “one day you will be judged Eko, you owe God for every life you’ve taken” in response to Eko killing several militia members. I would put forth that Eko did the right thing in killing those thugs. So maybe that broad should get down off her mighty high horse and stick to what she knows best, giving away the vaccines and shaking a stick, a stick no doubt stuck up her ass, at the people trying to help her. Eko finishes his story arc with “I ask for no forgiveness, I have not sinned, just survived.” Eko gets a sound thrashing by the dark smoke monster in a visually stunning scene. He whispers into Locke’s ear “You’re next.” Let’s first say that it seems absurd that the island will not forgive Eko for his activities, but does forgive Ben 2 seasons later. Both are just as culpable, just as guilty of their crimes. Eko serves no more purpose to the island? Yes, I know that Eko asked to be written off the show. But it hardly seems fair that Ben lives through judgment but Eko dies. Which means Jacob vs. X is hardly about being fair, and not necessarily about Good vs. Evil. There is something else in play, something we have yet to discover. There is a rivalry, but what is the quarrel exactly? What are the stakes? It’s curious. It seems to skew into a battle of Free Will vs Fate/Destiny. Jacob thinks Free Will will break the cycle, while X thinks things will always repeat themselves. As far as the “you’re next” part, I don’t recall the monster directly killing anybody else after Eko, other than I guess Nikki and Paulo, who actually were in the group that saw Eko die. Is John next, as the dark monster and/or X assume control of his dead body in Season 5? Even when the monster attacked Keamy’s men in Season 4, it merely wounded one person, killing no one. It spared Ben’s life. Or was this “You’re next” just a false trail, leading nowhere, like Walt’s story. Eko dies but remains one of the most likeable characters on the show.

Ben and Juliet are running good cop, bad cop, especially when Juliet starts to show Jack flashcards not to trust Ben and that he should kill him in surgery. At this point, it’s clear to me that the list of people that Michael needed to bring back had nothing to do with Jacob or Richard. Ben needed Jack to perform the surgery, and he asked that Kate and Sawyer be brought along as leverage since they are his best friends on the island at this point. Well, Kate is. But Ben can use Kate’s lust for Sawyer as leverage. Ben is showing is cleverness. Especially getting Jack to come out of his cell, and catch Sawyer and Kate on the TV screens. Pickett in a throw away line said “Shepherd (Jack) wasn’t on Jacob’s list anyway.” Odd, since Jack is such an important character. I might as well just crumple up any talk of lists at this point. None of it adds up. While I think Ben manipulated some of the audio on the “broken” intercom, I suspect some of it was leaked to Jack by the island, such as Christian’s voice. I can’t imagine Ben leaking Christian’s voice. Why?

Kate continues to act selfish as she gets married while on the run. A nice cameo by the captain from Firefly and Serenity, a short lived TV show and a pretty good movie follow up. Anyway, how exactly does Kate get married in a church full of cops that don’t recognize her, but is spotted by a farmer in Australia as the fugitive that she is? Yikes. She shows her tender side by confessing her crimes and drugging her husband, only to run away. What, no counseling? But how awful is the scene when she gets on the pay phone and calls the marshal. “Stop chasing me; I’m in love.” Whaaaa!!! I swear on all things holy, at this point I feel more sympathy for Leona Helmsley, the lady that kidnapped 101 Dalmatians, and Precious than I do for Kate. Well, maybe not Precious. Speaking of which, Kate is the Gollum of LOST. I’d like to include a picture here, but let’s just use our imagination and place Kate’s head on top of Gollum’s body. In the director’s cut, the next call to the marshal “He wants the precious. Always he is looking for it. And the precious is wanting to go back to him... But we mustn't let him have it.”

In the sequence where Sawyer is about to get shot, I got very uncomfortable with the awful dialogue. Shouting + Lost character = Yuck. Kate is yelling slogans to Sawyer “Don’t you give up” and “Don’t stop fighting” and “Jack, I can’t leave without you” and “Hang in there, kitty” and “We have a pond in the back. We have a pool and a pond. The pond would be good for you”. Jack trumps all of this nonsense with “Dammit, Kate, run.” I wanted her to run straight into the mouth of a shark. Oh, woe is me listening to these lunkheads. Now I remember why I hated these episodes. Dammit, Kate, why can’t you be Brittany Murphy? Too soon? Jack cut’s Ben’s kidney sack to induce the extra bleeding. Of course, Locke gave his kidney to his father, and then Ben shoots Locke where his kidney was supposed to be when Locke fell into the Dharma mass grave and lived. We have kidneys then a chili. Yeah, I know. Boooo. When Sawyer and Kate make their escape, I was drawn to a humorous scene I completely missed the first or second time around. Sawyer banged Pickett’s head into the fish biscuit machine repeatedly until it zapped Pickett. That is a type of revenge they don’t teach you. With the possible exception of community college. Alex helps the escape, but not until we see the brainwashing of Karl sequence. The most significant information here is that by playing the brainwashing music/noise backwards, it says “only fools are enslaved by time and space”, certainly a fantastic foreshadowing to the time travel and island moving and other whacky plot twists to come. A cameo I missed the first time is that the guy guarding the brain washing building, Aldo, is Mac from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, a hidden gem of a sitcom which I enthusiastically endorse.

As Juliet is being recruited to join the Others, Richard shows Juliet an Xray of a 26 year old woman, who Juliet had guessed to be about 70. This implies to me a certain rapid aging on the island of certain body parts, or theoretically an island looping Other, who is reliving time on the island, and the age remains constant of that person outwardly (Richard) where they flip back to where they were, but for some reason the womb of a woman does not keep pace and keeps aging, with this particular Xray woman looping about 3 times at this point. This may necessitate the need for a fertility expert and why women keep dying in child birth on the island.

The most important episode in Season 3, and arguably the whole series, is when Desmond wakes up and is living with Penny in his old apartment. He is experiencing flashes of his life in the hatch throughout this awareness. But while you see some red herrings tossed in, like time travel, which of course will happen later in the series, I will be confident that the time loop is really the culprit here. Desmond is simply aware of an early period of time in the loop. The Swan hatch is a later time. The record has skipped, and he is now living during the period of time when he is sitting in the office of Charles Widmore. If you have a chance, go rewatch this episode, for many, many reasons. Continuity is really off the rails here. When we first see Desmond sitting with Widmore, the resume being reviewed, there is a painting with a polar bear hanging on a wall on Desmond’s right hand side. Just moments later, as the camera pans out, the painting is hanging on a wall on Desmond’s left hand side. How is this possible? These are minor changes that happen within the loop. While Desmond visits Widmore every time within the loop, little details can and will change. It’s the big events that are constant. To repeat, the big events are constant, the little details can change, from loop to loop. Once the big events start to change, that is when someone like Ms Hawking can say, I don’t know what happens next. When Desmond eventually rushes out of the building, you see Charlie playing a guitar, Wonder Wall by Oasis, with the chorus of “You’re gonna be the one to save me.” This is another red herring. The cardboard sign in the guitar case says Charlie Hieronymous Pace. When you Google Hieronymous, you get information on a famous painter. Again, to me, this is bringing focus upon the paintings in Widmore’s office, and how they changed. Same scene, but from different loops. When Widmore tells Desmond that he is not worthy of the scotch, he is pushing Desmond into the “I’ll show him” mode that eventually gets Desmond to enter the boat race to show Wdimore that he is worthy. What a dumb reason too. I won a boat race. Yeah? So what? Go find a cure for gout. Go invent a tasty sandwich. Then I’ll be impressed. Win a boat race? That’s as horrible as winning Flavor of Love. As Desmond confronts Charlie, he says some startling things. “No, I remember this, this all happened before.” Yes, indeed Desmond, and more than one time. “And then it started to rain.” Boom, it starts to rain a few seconds later. We’ve seen Locke pull the same thing back on the island. And Locke was in the same hatch explosion. Might Locke have the same ability as Desmond? This ability is a higher consciousness, and awareness of events within the loop as it repeats. “I remember things, just bits and pieces.” Desmond points out to his pal that England comes back in miraculous fashion to win the soccer match on TV and that the bartender gets slugged because he owes money. While Desmond is correct about the events, he was wrong about the day, as it occurred the next day. The action was constant, but the details were a wee bit off, meaning it happened the next day. So whatever happens, happens, but a day later. A fluctuation within one of the loops. When Desmond goes in to buy a ring for Penny, Hawking stuns Desmond with some dialogue. “You’ve never done this before.” Which may or may not have been in a conversational tone. This is said prior to Desmond even making the decision to buy the ring. “I’ll take it.” “No, you won’t.” Ms Hawking says, looking completely shocked and yet with sternness of a nun just before she was to whack your fingers with a ruler. “This is wrong; You don’t buy the ring. You have second thoughts, you walk right out that door; if you don’t do that, every single one of us is dead.” What a thrilling sequence of dialogue. Hawking is telling us Desmond is trying to do something completely unexpected, like Keanu Reeves in the Matrix movies. He has done the same thing repeatedly in this situation before, and the loop continues comfortably, but now he is trying to veer off the norm, a change in the loop that is not a minor detail, but in fact a game changing one. A game breaker. And since Hawking is trying to keep everything on course, making me wonder why the followers of Jacob are trying to course correct instead of breaking the routine which is Jacob’s goal, but Hawking explains to Desmond about the universe course correcting. This is not quite right, as it is Hawking and Widmore and their people looking to course correct in future activities, not necessarily the universe. When Ms Hawking says “every single one of us is dead”, is this the earth in general, or the people on the island specifically, believing that this course of action wipes out the Others (bomb detonates). It is somewhat sad to see Ms Hawking tell Desmond that “the only great thing you’ll ever do is pushing that button”. It is pure manipulation. I always felt the photo of Desmond and Penny at the marina background didn’t quite match their pose. The head tilts specifically. Loop detail? There are so many times when I think Penny is less genuine that other people think. Is she in on the course correcting, as she seems to be in the right place at the right time quite a bit. I know that some people on some level like the romance angle to the show, particularly the Desmond and Penny coupling, but I just can’t fully buy into it, and probably never will, that the daughter of Widmore is a pure soul. Desmond tells the bartender “I’m pretty sure I’ve made the biggest mistake of my life, and I’m pretty sure I’ve done it before.” Yes, I believe you have, many times. Just as Desmond starts to think he can change things, he gets knocked back into present time. “Let me go back one more time. I’ll do it right this time.” Well, what exactly is “It”, other than what Jacob and X consider “it” After getting drunk on the beach, and I swear I can drink that pansy Desmond under the table considering he gets hammered on less than a 1/5 of scotch and another time on one and a half bottles of wine. Not that it isn’t at least a little bit respectable. It’s not like some pansy world leader that invites a group of men over for alcohol and a chat and limits consumption to a single beer. Are you kidding? There isn’t a man on this planet that would drink a single beer. When one beer sneaks into your system, 12 of his friends are coming along for the ride. One beer? One? Can somebody please check One Beer Sally Obama for male genitalia? Ugh. Desmond is resigned to the fact that no matter what you do, you can’t change it, and that Charlie will die sooner rather than later. This line of thinking is ultimately going to be proven wrong A powerful episode, I didn’t realize how right out in the open the Loop Theory is until you rewatch this episode specifically and know what you are looking for. It’s rather transparent.

Another Easter egg pops up, when Disc 3 of the season three DVD on the home menu recreates the Juliet flashcard scene with Jack in a glass cage, wanting him to kill Ben. She shows an extra card, stating “By the way, your ex-wife is much prettier than me”. Kind of a weird comment, considering the writers on the show spend the next three seasons having Juliet running around the jungle, showing off her cleavage every chance possible, in bikinis, in mud fights, while the next time we see Sarah is when she is pregnant and mean to Jack. I’ve brought this up before, what is the deal with the ladies on the show that look attractive on the island, but as soon as we see them at any time off island, they cake on more makeup than Tammy Faye going as a circus clown to a costume ball. Jumping Jehosophat. What, she’s dead too?

In arguably the worst idea for an episode in the history of television, we get the opportunity to learn everything we always wanted to about Jack’s ugly tattoos. This was the worst collection of acting in the history of anything that has ever been filmed. Tom, Jack, the sheriff, Bai Ling, everybody sucking sucked. Think about the worst acting you’ve ever seen, maybe a school play, or maybe the movie Titanic. Then imagine if these performers were drunk, had a stuttering problem, and being swarmed by killer bees. They would get the lines out better than these LOST misfits. Holy Toledo. Isabel is the sheriff. OK. Where does this story line go? Nowhere, that’s where. She appears in one episode, supposedly as a powerful Other, and is never seen again. Brilliant. We see Cindy and the kids from the Tailies beach while Jack is in a polar bear cage. Jack shouts at them. Jack shouting at any time is usually the worst dialogue ever written and he delivers it just as terribly. But Cindy and the Others that visit have no clue Ana Lucia is pushing up daisies. The Others have communication issues. Juliet gets branded, but that story line was dropped. Jack gets beaten on the Phuket beach because he sexually assaulted….no…he violently beat…..no….he was given blueberry pancakes to eat and Jack said he hates blueberries…no….he forced a woman against her will to give him bad tattoos. Crickets. This is a plot development? Go screw.

When Vincent comes running out of a jungle with a skeleton arm, I assumed Ann Coulter had a cameo on the show. Was Smokie as Vincent beginning a test for Hurley and if this was a way to introduce an important weapon to defeat the Others in the season finale, a Dharma van. We get some Hurley backstory, namely the meteor that hits his restaurant, his father being a deadbeat, and his mother has needs and is a very passionate woman. Sawyer had a number of funny moments here, drinking beers, playing with Roger’s skull, calling Hurley “International House of Pancakes” while teaching Jin the English language. Three things a woman needs to hear: I’m sorry, You were right, Those pants don’t make you look fat. The van starts up despite any expectation of gas in the tank and somehow the tires aren’t deflated and there are vines growing out of the engine. Comedy relief episode and very little information gained.

Kate decides she needs to rescue Jack, and doesn’t care a bit that Jack told her not to. It’s hard to find a worthwhile thing Kate has done in her whole life. On Christmas Eve, he’d have angels convincing her that the world would be a better place if she never existed. “I have to go back for him” and she doesn’t realize that she never helps anyone, much less with such a tough task such as leaving the island. Kate comes storming into all situation with the efficiency and skill of a FAILdozer. Of course, she convinces Rousseau to come, dangling the bait of Alex. Well, both of them die a little bit later on. Sigh, another trail of death and destruction caused by Kate. Or, it’s just Kate needing somebody to lust after her after Sawyer told her he wasn’t interested anymore. The transparency of the character makes my teeth hurt. Seriously, does anybody actually like Kate? Is she popular at atll. I guess the show was built around Kate and Jack, but I can’t imagine anybody cares about them. Maybe because they are just so flawed and I perceive they are the popular stars, I spend a lot of rage picking them apart. But they are simply awful. Yes, I get repetitive and boring. But I’ve had it. I appreciate most of this show a great deal; I just can’t deal with the flotsam and jetsam. The team of Sayid, Locke, Kate, and Rousseau find the Flame communication hatch. Rousseau has survived on the island for 16 years by avoiding such confrontations. It’s tragic. She is just minding her own crazy business on the crazy island. The Losties show up. A few months later, she is dead. And Kate lives. Sigh. Where is the fairness? Mikhail shouts out “I did not cross the line, we had a truce!!” At the time, this was fodder for much speculation. Looking back at it now, it is nonsense. He is pretending to be Dharma, which had a truce with the hostiles, although he was outside the pylons. However, Sayid, Locke, Kate, and Rousseau had no way of knowing this, so it was a remark completely out of place and wrong time frame. Mikhail tells a series of lies and truths about Dharma and the hostiles, of which there isn’t much good information to really spend time on dissecting. While John plays chess, Sayid and Kate capture Ms Klugh and a Dharma operations manual in the basement. Ms Klugh and Mikhail are both so willing to die, and Klugh is shot by Mkihail. However, if Juliet gets branded for killing Pickett, shouldn’t Mikhail get the same for killing a fellow Other. Oh, that’s right. The Sheriff has gone missing forever. What a crock of sh!t. A torture victim confronts Sayid, and the only thing I really got from that story is that a cat appears in the jungle to Sayid, which looks like the cat the lady with chop meat arms had. Smokie? Locke blows up the Flame.

Young goth Claire gets into an accident, and her mother ends up in a coma. That sets up the less than surprising confirmation that Christian is Claire’s father, and Jack is Claire’s half brother. Claire had wished her mother dead just before the accident, so maybe she has some kind of Walt ability. The jungle gang sends Mikhail through the pylons to an apparent death, and then climb over the pylons. They are just in time to see Jack catch a football from Tom. This is the point where they need to turn around and go home. But Kate doesn’t want Jack to be happy without her.

Ben and John have a nice little chat in Ben’s house about wheelchairs and the island. But before we see Locke blow up the submarine, there were some noteworthy scenes. Specifically the clocks and refrigerator in Ben’s house. From scene to scene, Ben’s clocks had different times, some of them several hours in difference. This makes me refer to the variances in the loops. Locke visited Ben every time within the loop, but at different points in time. When Ben offers Locke some chicken from the fridge, we see the contents of the fridge. When Ben later opens the fridge door, the contents are quite different. Again, this whole show, we are seeing scenes from parts of the loop presented as if we are seeing one single continuous loop, but it is really a cut and paste of several loops, all leading to a finale in Season 6 of events when all the loops untangle as per Jacob’s plan. No more loops, but a single straight storyline finish. Locke is correct that he is more in tune with the island since he can walk and Ben can not. Ben talks about a ridiculous “magic box” Come on, a box? Really? I can’t remember what I thought back then when I first watched the episode, but I’m sure I have it saved, and I’d feel dumb if I read it. So I won’t. Hey, this guy has a shred of pride. No, you’re right. I don’t. Instead of a silly box, the Others kidnapped Anthony Cooper because they knew about Locke ahead of time and needed the father of Locke for manipulation. No doubt Ben gave this order, not Jacob or Richard. He needed Locke’s father to humiliate Locke and keep himself as leader of the Others. Ben does say that Locke will have a better understanding of things in time. After some loops, yes. But this is Ben being Ben, exploiting per usual.

Ah, Nikki and Paulo buried alive. Two horrible characters get tested by the island, and suffer a horrible death. Paulo might have had more noble intentions at the end, but the island wasn’t seeing enough repenting out of them. Of course, I hope that everybody heard the clanking as the spiders swarmed Nikki, no doubt Smokie doing the dirty work. It was very nice to see plot points seen from another vantage point, such as Yemi’s plane and the Pearl being discovered by Nikki and Paulo first. Paulo sees Ben and Juliet before anyone else when he was hiding in the bathroom of the Pearl hatch, but I’m still shaking my head about how Paulo left the hatch because you would think Ben and Juliet would have locked the hatch doors behind them. Maybe Paulo never saw Ben and Penny in the hatch in some loops, but was locked behind in one loop. Chew on that one. We find out why Paulo used the bathroom, storing and retrieving diamonds. Vincent keeps yanking the blankets of the bodies on the beach, since they weren’t dead yet. After Sun slapped Sawyer for the kidnapping, I swear Sawyer was looking at Sun’s ass as she walked away. In the end, nobody cared about Nikki and Paulo, the island and the viewers wanted them gone, and being buried alive was just as good as a Saw death. Yes, there are some elements of the Saw movies in LOST. The island wants to play a game, and the person must make some decisions as to whether they are worthy to remain alive, sometimes being forced into some morally questionable action. Also, Miles and Ben were in the first Saw movie, a nice little connection.

Kate meets Cassidy, the mother of Sawyer’s daughter. Yawn. John finds out what Kate had done off the island and admonishes her. Yawn. Kate is handcuffed to Juliet, gets into a mud fight with her, and is chased by Smokie. OK, now I’m awake. Kate explains to Cassidy her reasons for killing her step father: he beat my mom and I’m mad that my mother chose him over me. As we see over and over again, Kate’s ego does not allow her to accept that someone else could possibly be more important to somebody than Kate. Kate’s insanity and ego drove her to kill her father because her mother apparently betrayed Kate because her mother loved him. Cassidy nods her head and says sure, I’ll help you. Insanity. Pure insanity. Kate got Tom shot when she went to visit her mother. I guess that wasn’t enough, and her boyfriend that she shot in the bank to retrieve a toy plane wasn’t enough, so she puts Cassidy at risk as she again attempts to reconcile with her mother. Kate’s mom “What you did, you did for yourself.” Amen. Black smokie scans Juliet, wanders away, then comes back to attack. Weird style to attack, if you ask me, when you attack, go away, and come right back. The pylons get activated, and Smokie crashes into them. Instead of going over the pylons, the monster retreats like a wounded dumb animal. Hurley has been trying to con Sawyer into being a leader of the Losties with everybody else gone; Hurley is a bit late to that party, as Sawyer has already turned the corner to become just that. Jack vouches for Juliet, pissing off everybody.

Richard is in the process of getting Juliet on board the Others project. “Deep down, you know that you’re supposed to do something significant” which can refer to fertility or possibly smashing a bomb with a rock. Either way, it’s foreshadowing, or a sly reference to the Loop. Ben is spinning plates as he continues to con Juliet. Jacob will cure Juliet’s cancer if she remains on the island. Reality is that Ben used fake Xrays to trick Juliet. There was no return of the cancer to her sister. When Jack comes back to the beach, he is looked upon with suspicion and is no longer the unquestioned leader. While Jack insists that his opinion should be good enough, Sawyer calls him selfish. A true turning point. Claire gets sick from the implant the Others put in her. Juliet is shown to be sleeping with Goodwin. The island notices that Ben is using cancer to trick Juliet into remaining, so then Ben ends up with cancer. The island shows it has a sense of humor. This episode flashes back to the start of Season 3 in the first episode, as Juliet is wiping away tears and signing alone to Downtown by Petula Clark. The problem is that she is wearing an orange shirt while looking at herself in the mirror. However, as she turns around and the song continues to play, she picks up a couple of chairs to move for the upcoming book club meeting, while wearing a purple shirt. Um, the shirt color is different. Her outfit changed right before my eyes. Different loops, different shirts, same action. Juliet is shown a Rachel video in the Flame. Ben tells Juliet that “we will keep finding mothers, maybe there is one on that plane” Ben knows it ahead of time. Knowledge of loop events.

Desmond receives a temptation from the island in his next vision. Charlie dies, and seemingly that will allow Penny to arrive on the island. Desmond this time is trying to make something happen, rather than prevent something. Desmond certainly seems to be a game changer, but I have to wonder what role he is to play in Season 6 after a much reduced role in Season 5, to my surprise. We see the story of Desmond in a monastery. He woke up in the street to see a monk, and “I knew I was supposed to go with him” another reference to Loop history. Desmond eventually gets fired by Brother Campbell, who of course has a photo of himself and Ms Hawking on his desk. This leads to Desmond meeting Penny, either a pushed course correction by Brother Campbell, or Penny herself doing the course correction, or Penny being sent by Charles Widmore. Kate gets uncomfortably jealous of Jack and Juliet almost being a couple, and she has sex with Sawyer while crying. How much do we the viewers have to endure. Am I supposed to care? Really? I’d rather eat an ebola virus pudding than care. Sawyer with a few nice lines: You want me to make a mix tape? Along with the classic Are you two arguing over who is your favorite Other? So, we see that the camping mission results in Charlie not dying and the arrival of Naomi. However, the photo in the book that Naomi is carrying is Desmond with Penelope. We find out down the road that Naomi is hired by Widmore’s people. But the men on the freighter are looking for Ben to kill him. So does Widmore want to find Desmond and kill Ben at the same time? The motivation seems undefined. Sure, Widmore wants to return to the island, and he is pushing things along in the outside world. But why does he want Desmond found? You would think he wants to find Desmond only and only if he is with Penny, like during Season 5. Penny knew nothing about the freighter supposedly, based on what she tells Charlie later on. One could argue that Desmond changed events by not letting Charlie die. A painting hanging on the wrong wall is minor compared to a big difference than the wrong person lands on the island in a parachute. Penny was never coming, and we never saw who was the parachutist in Desmond’s vision.

Sun gets blackmailed. Ugh. She goes to Cyclops and asks for a sh!t load of money, to protect Jin from shame. OK, I’m not going to pretend to know how important reputation is in the Asian countries formerly known as the Orient, because Asia also means Russia and India. Stupid politically correct morons. But who is the shame going to be directed to? Jin, the poor son of a fisherman and prostitute who marries one of the richest women in the country, or Sun, who marries a man of such “embarrassing” background, or possibly Mr Paik for allowing his daughter to marry the “embarrassing” Jin. Notice something there? Who loses in that scenario? Does Jin really get the short straw by the revelation? He married up. Is Sun being charitable and protective of Jin’s pride, or is she trying to save herself. As soon as Mr Paik says that Jin will have to pay for this debt, don’t you immediately walk away from the money he has just offered you. Hell, move to another country with Jin if this pride thing is so important to you. But you ultimately screw over Jin by forcing him into the debt of Mr Paik because you don’t want TMZ to have any content for their show for one night. Bleech. I just can’t follow the logic of the characters in this instance. Sun insists on the money because she pretends she doesn’t know what her father does? Oh, really? Your father is a rich man, and most likely corrupt. However, some of us folks that grew up poor would have loved to be given that life. Some not. But don’t make that the motivation. If you are so upset by what he does, and when you ask him for the money and he says Jin will pay the debt, what exactly do you think Jin will have to do then? Criminal stuff? Well, you put him in that situation. Then you decide Jin isn’t living up to your expectations, cheat on him, and make plans to leave him. Because it’s your fault. Come, on. When Jin chases down the surprisingly alive Mikhail in the jungle, he kicks some Russian ass, no doubt releasing some pent up anger from being married to the Sun monster. A hidden room in the Medical hatch and an ultrasound later, we know that Jin is the father of Sun’s demon child. Naomi tells Hurley that they found the Oceanic 815 wreckage, and there were no survivors. Naomi probably helped set that scam up since she was working for the man responsible ultimately responsible for the misdirection in Widmore.

Ben manipulates Locke into thinking he brought his father to the island, which we know is bullsh!t. Ben admitted to Juliet that he finds the most vulnerable part of a person, and exploits it. With John, the choice is obvious, and the kidnapping had to happen. Locke then turns around and cons Sawyer into following him into the jungle. The Others are staring at John, explaining that they have been waiting for him for a long time. Ben is starting to get a bit megalomaniacal when he orders the kidnapping of all pregnant women from the beach. Ben sets up a power play to embarrass Locke, who can’t kill his father. Richard tips off Locke about Ben’s motives, says that Locke is special, and read Sawyer’s file. According to Richard, Ben has been wasting the Other’s time with his schemes, like fertility. Locke and Sawyer go to the Black Rock, Sawyer gets the letter ripped up in his face, and strangles the original Sawyer. The Losties are keeping Naomi in a tent and away from Jack.. Naomi lies when she says she was hired by Penny. Actually, I might have answered my own question from earlier. Naomi was carrying the photo as a decoy for her true mission: working with Abbadon, working for Charles Widmore. But how did they get the coordinates for the island, other than Penny’s Arctic station. Did Widmore have his own tracking station somewhere, or did Penny tell her father? Curious.

I have issues with distances on this island. They makes things out to be further than they really are. At one point, I got the impression that Sayid walked for days before finding the cable on the beach, but it was only an 8 hour walk as he learned later. The caves were only a mile from the beach. Let’s see, that about a 15-20 minute walk, right? It’s not even a dense jungle, so walking is fairly easy. So why does it sometimes take 3 days to reach Otherville, and half a day other times. Why do they spend all day hiking somewhere, build a campfire, and then start in the morning again, when something is only 2 miles away. Ben told Goodwin that the Tailies were only an hour away from Dharmaville. Everything is very close together, but it’s made to seem they are far apart. This sloppy writing stinks and I don’t like it. Two miles of traveling in a sparse jungle does not take all day. I’m sorry, but it just doesn’t. It’s not a rain forest. It’s a Hawaiian jungle. On that note, why such rapid day to night shifts? One second it’s high noon, and the next scene it’s the middle of the night. Let’s camp out on the beach until day breaks. Then it is bright sunshine and they are barely starting to move. I’m sorry, but I find the rapid day/night as part of the continuity problems like the clocks, the fridge, the polar bear paintings, etc. Different loops, same scene, slight differences. I can’t help but get an overall sense of these issues as I go through all these episodes, things that just become an obvious pattern. I follow fine details in every day activities. This is just part of the overall pattern that I’m seeing from so many episodes in so little time. But I just don’t have time to examine every scene, as I am trying to steam through these shows before Season 6 starts. One more month.

The Ben flashback is one of the more important episodes in Season 3 and LOST history. Ben’s mother dies in childbirth, no doubt spurring his obsession with fertility on the island. Ben and Roger arrive on island because of Horace. Ben sees his mother a couple of times. A drunken Roger Linus tells Ben happy birthday and it is your fault your mother is dead. I have to admit, Roger rules. Ben is told by his mother that it’s not time yet, Benjamin. Clearly, this was Smokie at the pylons, being his mother. But, didn’t at one point Ben see Smokie mom right outside his house in the barracks. How did Smokie get past the pylons? Ben, soon after, meets ageless Richard in the jungle, and is told to be patient. Years later, the evil genius that is Ben has worked his way up in the Dharma organization to be a workman. This is bothering me a bit. If Ben gets shot in the future by Sayid, is taken to the Others, the incident happens, then is accepted back by Dharma, and then purges Dharma, doesn’t it seem that Dharma is a bit too trusting to let all that happen with Ben? He isn’t an outcast? More on that in Season 5, I guess. Ben kills Locke, something that Locke was unable to do, and apparently ascends to leader of the Others in the near future, with dead bodies everywhere in Dharmaville. Since Ben was with the Others and taking orders from Charles Widmore when he took Alex, and Danielle was on the island 16 years, the purge must have happened more than 16 years ago, but more recent than 1977 since that is the year of the Jack, Kate, Hurley in Dharma. In present day, Locke comes back with the body, much to Ben’s shock. An argument about Jacob ensues. After beating down Mikhail, Locke demands an audience with Jacob. Locke accuses Ben of putting on a show and that Jacob really doesn’t exist. Which we later learn is half right. The “Help Me” scene was creepy and nicely done. Ben shoots Locke and leaves him for dead in the Dharma ditch, but Ben only shot him in the spot where Locke’s kidney was supposed to be, so it was clear that Locke wasn’t going to die.

Based on the intelligence provided by double agent Juliet, Jack spent a moment trying to figure out what intelligence meant before devising a plan to deal with the Others when they arrive. “dynamite go big boom and bad man ouchie” We learn about the Looking Glass hatch, that is jamming signals on the island. If Charlie dies, Claire gets rescued. Karl joins the Losties and warns the Losties that the Others are coming a day early. Ben, crazier than a sh!thouse rat, demands all women be abducted and men shot if they get in the way. Ben is the worst Viking ever. Charlie saves Nadia from a mugging showing once again how interconnected these characters are. Charlie surfaces at the Looking Glass to meet Bonnie and Greta. The writers apparently decide to separate all the couples on the island at the end of Season 3 in various scenarios: Claire/Charlie, Rose/Bernard, Jin/Sun, Alex/Karl, Juliet/Jack, Kate/Sawyer, Hurley/tub of ranch dressing.

Jack is on top of a bridge ready to jump, I have my New Year’s party favors ready to make some noise, and he doesn’t do it. For fock’s sake. This guy is shaking more than a maraca on Cinco De Mayo while balancing on a 6 inch ledge in spiraling winds and doesn’t fall, when later he is knocking over charts and walking into furniture. Naomi shows Jack how the phone works in case something happens to her. Widmore course correction and Naomi knew? Ben figures out Juliet betrayed them via Charlie. Jack sees Sarah in the hospital, but Sarah tells him it would be inappropriate to drive his injured, hero self to his home. Well, we have established that Sarah has the heart the size of a macadamia nut, just a soul crushing monster, but give the poor idiot a ride home. We get it. It’s a flash forward. You know he was on the island; he’s been through a lot. You cheated on him. You divorced him. Now you’re pregnant. Jack just wants a ride home. If I didn’t know any better, Ms Hawking or Charles Widmore put her up to it just to get Jack on the island in the first place, and to return. Hell, if it can happen in The Truman Show, why not here? Bernard sings like a canary, and tells the Others the entire plan, what he ate for breakfast, and Rose’s favorite sexual positions. Juliet and Sawyer head back to the beach; Juliet informs us that they were building a runway on the Hydra island. Jack kisses Juliet, and 10 minutes later tells Kate he loves her. I find myself hoping that Smokie pops out of some bushes and gives Jack the ‘ole Mr Eko secret handshake. Ugh. It’s like watching a Shakespeare play be chock full of “To be or not to be….I don’t like bees.” This better have a Romeo and Juliet ending where all these clowns die. I drink the poison milkshake, I drink it all up. Hurley is told for the second time in the day that he is too fat to help. On the bright side, that is considered a good day for Susan Boyle. If I was on the beach during the pilot episode, and saw something clanking and whooting and knocking down trees coming towards me, and turned to see Susan Boyle on a rescue boat with a cooler full of beer and 20 million dollars, without hesitation I would shake some dry rub on my head and run right at the monster, screaming here comes dinner. I guess I should have been more clear. The SMOKE monster. Richard is openly questioning Ben’s decision. Ben blusters to Mikhail that Yes, Jacob told me to lie to my people, we are under assault. We are seeing the Ben lying about Jacob strategy in full swing. Locke wakes up in the pit, gets ready to kill himself, when you hear whispering, no clanking, but whispering, then taller ghost Walt, “you have work to do”. This is one of the opportunities where X could have taken over Locke’s body, sooner than the usual assumption of when his body came back during the Ajira flight. It’s going to take some careful viewing the next two seasons to see just how different Locke acts from this point forward. I mean, he eventually shows up at the radio tower. How did he know he needed to go there?

Ben informs Jack that if he phones the boat, every single person on the island will be killed. Well, eventually, a lot of people died. And Ben may have been looking at self preservation. But the reality is that Ben was right to warn Jack, and Jack may have put the dominoes in motion for the break in the Loop by making the phone call. Jack beats up Ben, and I feel complete indifference. Wow. At what point did Jack’s character become so……unlikable. I can’t say from the pilot episode. Maybe it was the Live together, die alone speech. Just not likable. I know he is dumb too, but I’m just working on the likeable thing here. “I didn’t kill Ben, because I want him to see us get off the island and to know he failed.” This sounds really douchy. Something Dr Evil would say to Austin Powers just before trying to kill him and failing miserably. It’s campy, not poignant. Jack tells Tom that he is going to kill him. Please, make the bad man stop talking. I don’t feel so good. I’m cringing so much my eyes hurt. Hugo runs over some Others, Sawyer shoots Tom. Mikhail kills Bonnie, Greta, and blows up Charlie’s window view. I really don’t see the necessity for the drowning. First of all, it’s not a big deal if the hatch gets flooded. You walk out to the platform, swim down and across a few yards, and let gravity pull you up. The bends? Whatever. Charlie decided that he wanted to die to save Claire and Aaron. Fine. But the shame of it is, unless the freighter directly led to ending the Loop, it was pointless. Penny knew nothing about the boat. “Who’s Naomi?” Charlie’s last thought, when he passed along “Not Penny’s boat” to Desmond must have been that he had died for the wrong reason, and actually may have brought enemies to the island by sacrificing his life. His death might/would lead to the deaths of others, possibly Claire and Aaron. His life ends in failure. Well, certainly, it may have led to Claire’s death, as we still have no idea why she was in Jacob’s cabin, and whether she is alive. So Charlie died, Jack made a bad choice, and every red shirt on the island died, along with just about everybody on the freighter, and some major characters. Or Penny lied to Charlie, in which case Penny is evil. When you look back on it, Charlie’s death was a mistake made by Charlie in every sense of the word. Charlie died for nothing. Anyway, as Ben is horrified that the call is going to be made, Locke strolls out of the jungle and knifes Naomi. Ben’s bug eyed expression at Locke being alive was something that I completely overlooked the first time around. But Ben was vanquished at this point. He had lost all control over activity on the island, the only thing in the world that he cared about. Jack shows us that it was a flashforward, meets Kate at the airport, and wails “We have to go back, Kate.” Go jump off a bridge.

Just thought i would point out that Ana Lucia is in Avatar :nono: Still have yet to see it, but that definitely makes me want to see it more.

I saw this mentioned before and rewatched the 1st disk of season one to check it out. In the opening scence and the camera zooms out on Jack. If you look to the right of Jack (his left) it looks like Ben's club, stick, or whatever you want to call it is laying next to him.

I saw this mentioned before and rewatched the 1st disk of season one to check it out. In the opening scence and the camera zooms out on Jack. If you look to the right of Jack (his left) it looks like Ben's club, stick, or whatever you want to call it is laying next to him.

Nice job. Seriously.

I mentioned that same thing during one of my previous stupid writeups, and for the life of me I can't remember which one. I'll try to find it. I am pretty sure if my drunken memory serves me right, I talked about Ben's constant is his baton. While Daniel's constant is Desmond, and Desmond's constant is Penny, Ben's constant is the baton, as he jumps from turning the donkey wheel with his baton. It doesn't have to be a person, just an anchor.

I lost my train of thought.

Nice job. Seriously.

I mentioned that same thing during one of my previous stupid writeups, and for the life of me I can't remember which one. I'll try to find it. I am pretty sure if my drunken memory serves me right, I talked about Ben's constant is his baton. While Daniel's constant is Desmond, and Desmond's constant is Penny, Ben's constant is the baton, as he jumps from turning the donkey wheel with his baton. It doesn't have to be a person, just an anchor.

Baton makes it sound gay, that thing has probably killed more men than cancer. How about Killin' Stick?

Ah, drunk posting. Good times. Good times.

Nice write-up, PB...you actually had a concise thought or two in there, somewhere. :thumbsdown:

If it's a re-set :dunno:

If it isn't :thumbsdown:

Honestly i can't see how it could be a re-set becasue:

A. Faraday always had the Idea of using the bomb - hence he was killed by mother when going to the others camp to explain.

B. Richard -- " I saw them all die " presumably in the explosion.

C. Jacob brought - Jack , Hurley , Kate , Sayid - back to the 70's for this reason.

I think the incident was just a way for them to get back to their timeline and the swan was still built anyway. However the title of the first episode -- "LAX" has me :shocking:

They already said there will be no alternate realities or parallel universes so I just can't see how a reset would fit but again the title of the first episode "wall:

If it's a re-set :mad:

If it isn't :wave:

Honestly i can't see how it could be a re-set becasue:

A. Faraday always had the Idea of using the bomb - hence he was killed by mother when going to the others camp to explain.

B. Richard -- " I saw them all die " presumably in the explosion.

C. Jacob brought - Jack , Hurley , Kate , Sayid - back to the 70's for this reason.

I think the incident was just a way for them to get back to their timeline and the swan was still built anyway. However the title of the first episode -- "LAX" has me :first:

They already said there will be no alternate realities or parallel universes so I just can't see how a reset would fit but again the title of the first episode "wall:

I can't wrap my mind around anything but a re-set, a re-set that is the break in the loop, the kind that Jacob has been looking for. After the bomb goes off, the show has to re-set. I didn't know that the first episode was to named LAX, but it makes sense in that Faraday predicted this would be the result of the bomb exploding, they would land in Los Angeles. Faraday wanted to use the bomb to re-set. Richard was a co-conspirator with Ben in some lies. And if Richard saw the explosion, why didn't he himself die? Or the loop is broken and the Losties are never again put in the position where they die like Richard said. It's all different now. So, the first 5 seasons are mostly meaningless, as if they never happened, looking at the large picture. But, it was definitely entertaining.

If I'm wrong, I will be EPIC SHAME FAYL wrong.

Nice write-up, PB...you actually had a concise thought or two in there, somewhere. :wave:

16 pages on a Word document. My ability to write complete rambling garbage has never been more on display.

16 pages on a Word document. My ability to write complete rambling garbage has never been more on display.

Did I write "concise"? I meant "coherent".

Did I write "concise"? I meant "coherent".

My response is still appropriate.

I can't wrap my mind around anything but a re-set, a re-set that is the break in the loop, the kind that Jacob has been looking for. After the bomb goes off, the show has to re-set. I didn't know that the first episode was to named LAX, but it makes sense in that Faraday predicted this would be the result of the bomb exploding, they would land in Los Angeles. Faraday wanted to use the bomb to re-set. Richard was a co-conspirator with Ben in some lies. And if Richard saw the explosion, why didn't he himself die? Or the loop is broken and the Losties are never again put in the position where they die like Richard said. It's all different now. So, the first 5 seasons are mostly meaningless, as if they never happened, looking at the large picture. But, it was definitely entertaining.

If I'm wrong, I will be EPIC SHAME FAYL wrong.

sorry man but a re-set would be the suck! The writers have been careful to at least inject some logic into everything ( far fetched as it seems - a reset would be a paradox and would blow that away )

If it was then Jacob never died because Locke never crashed, Ben never became a other at least in the sense he was before because Sayid would never of been there. A re-set would be a paradox - which in space time supposedly cannot happen. Ex. a person can't go back in time and kill his grandfather.

IF it is a reset -- it has to be one where Jack , Kate , Locke , Hurley , and the other Characters that survived 815 originally somehow remained on the Island in some twist the writers will explain. Maybe as they passed the Island all those passengers dissappeared from the plane like what happened with jack etc when they went back.

sorry man but a re-set would be the suck! The writers have been careful to at least inject some logic into everything ( far fetched as it seems - a reset would be a paradox and would blow that away )

If it was then Jacob never died because Locke never crashed, Ben never became a other at least in the sense he was before because Sayid would never of been there. A re-set would be a paradox - which in space time supposedly cannot happen. Ex. a person can't go back in time and kill his grandfather.

IF it is a reset -- it has to be one where Jack , Kate , Locke , Hurley , and the other Characters that survived 815 originally somehow remained on the Island in some twist the writers will explain. Maybe as they passed the Island all those passengers dissappeared from the plane like what happened with jack etc when they went back.

Maybe Ben doesn't become an Other, and died in the Dharma purge led by Richard. Or maybe the record skips, and Ben is on the plane, ready to land in LAX too. Don't know why this would be, but the show has done stranger stuff. I mean, it would be nice to see some of these folks alive again, like Mr Eko and Charlie and Juliet. But what if it becomes like Final Destination, and you really can't cheat death, and Charlie gets hit by a taxi leaving the airport, as the universe course corrects vs the break in the loop. Maybe Jacob and X cease to exist now that the loop is broken.

This is my headache. If the show resets, what actually happened, and what will never happen. Not to mention what is going to happen next. But I don't think we are going to see much of the island at all in this next season. Maybe the island no longer exists.

Maybe Ben doesn't become an Other, and died in the Dharma purge led by Richard. Or maybe the record skips, and Ben is on the plane, ready to land in LAX too. Don't know why this would be, but the show has done stranger stuff. I mean, it would be nice to see some of these folks alive again, like Mr Eko and Charlie and Juliet. But what if it becomes like Final Destination, and you really can't cheat death, and Charlie gets hit by a taxi leaving the airport, as the universe course corrects vs the break in the loop. Maybe Jacob and X cease to exist now that the loop is broken.

This is my headache. If the show resets, what actually happened, and what will never happen. Not to mention what is going to happen next. But I don't think we are going to see much of the island at all in this next season. Maybe the island no longer exists.

:wave: You just blew my mind.

okay but...

They didn't spend 5 years of character development to destroy it all and start over.

Like said a reset is a paradox - can't happen at least not in the true reset sense. The writers have been careful to at least make everything somewhat plausible in the time-space theory - to just say fock it and ignore a total time paradox.

- A large part of the Season 6 Premiere LA X Part 1 will be on Flight 815

- We will see Desmond on this Flight

- The Statue will be "seen" from the plane

- Jack bumps into Kate on the Plane

- Jack saves Charlie again

- Kate beats up the Marshall

- We see Juliet die but not before a final kiss

- We See Jacob appear to Hurley

- Sawyer and Jack fight again

Just finished season 5----though started at season 5 since i recently saw 2-4, and now have to watch season 1.

Didn't realize how great of a season that 5 was :unsure: so much going on it could make your head explode.

"Everything that rises must converge" i think that will somehow be key in season 6.

So is the consensus is that Jacob and Mr.X are decedents of an advanced ancient civilization, or just demi-god like creatures? Also, Alpert doesn't age because he was a peacemaker of sorts when his people came here and Jacob gave him that power so he can keep the island somewhat peaceful and he could prove Mr.X wrong?

Man, that short convo between Mr.X and Jacob was the most critical point in the shows history. "It only ends once, everything up until then is just progress"

However, i agree with philly, there is almost no way that the shows doesn't reset. I think there will be an epic twist to it. The universe has a way of course correcting itself, the one dude shouldn't of ever drilled into the pocket, and the swan should've never been made, and the plane should've never crashed. It was all never meant to happen, so Jack and everyone had to go back and explode the h-bomb to make everything linear and correct again. Jack was actually right for once, he was there for a reason and that was it.

They show up in LAX....everyone in the 70s, i think Sun, Ben, "Locke" all stay on the present day island...but then again that is 3 years from when the plane lands. So, i dunno, everything is focked.

However, i agree with philly, there is almost no way that the shows doesn't reset.

As I'm working my way through Season 4, I have to admit that I am looking forward to seeing Season 5, the only season I've never rewatched.

I was at a social gathering last night, and LOST came up. Yeah, nobody was more shocked that I was at a social gathering than me. I started to explain my overall theory of what we have seen so far, basically the Loop Theory and I guess we are calling it the Re-set. People didn't follow me at all. Meh. I gave up and drank heavily.

As I'm working my way through Season 4, I have to admit that I am looking forward to seeing Season 5, the only season I've never rewatched.

I was at a social gathering last night, and LOST came up. Yeah, nobody was more shocked that I was at a social gathering than me.

Not shocked. The people from your office had a New Year's Party and felt obliged to invite the scary, strange man from the corner office. They provided a couple of kegs with all the beer you can drink for free so, to their great horror, you accepted the invitation.

I was at a social gathering last night, and LOST came up. Yeah, nobody was more shocked that I was at a social gathering than me. I started to explain my overall theory of what we have seen so far, basically the Loop Theory and I guess we are calling it the Re-set. People didn't follow me at all. Meh. I gave up and drank heavily.

I hate when LOST comes up at work. These people have no clue. They are mere mortals. I have to keep my thoughts to myself in fear they may try and have me committed once I start a PB-type LOST rant.