Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official LOST Season 6 thread***

Looks like Desmond disappeared in the alternate reality.

It got weird as soon as Cindy offered Jack ONE bottle of liquor, not two like the pilot episode. Jack used one bottle for his drink, and one bottle to disinfect his wound before Kate sewed him up on the island. Loops, my friend, loops.

For the love of God, stop killing Juliet in every dam episode now. At some point, I will get numb to her character dying. I get it, it's tragic. But every mother focking episode? STOP.

:thumbsdown: I missed the first 10 minutes, and figured i can catch up really fast by viewing this. I can't make out what they are saying...at all. So i guess i am waiting till abc puts it on

That copy sucks. It came out before the episode aired. The Chinese pirates are surely working on getting a good version on, I'll keep looking. It's harder getting online since I'm on vacation visiting the in-laws and they don't have internet.

Is this a one part episode or a two parter?

:thumbsdown: Great focking three hours of television. This show never disappoints. Obviously, the real Locke is dead and the black smoke monster is now in his image when needed. He's also the same guy sitting on the beach with Jacob. Does he have a name yet and where is this "home" that he wants to go? Love it. :thumbsdown:

It's two hours long.

Hmm... so I only saw the crappy single episode that I posted so far.

Does he have a name yet and where is this "home" that he wants to go? Love it. :thumbsdown:

he and jacob were trapped on the island...and he just means he wants off of it ?

and with desmond on the plane (and shannon isnt), obviously it's an alternate timeline with no button to push (or else desmond wouldnt be there)...so no incident

not sure why you guys are calling that "loops" plural...just seems like one alternate timeline to me. although i havent read all of phillybear or whoever's drawn out theory about multiple loops. seems like two obvious ones to me. now juliet saying "it worked" creating the alternate timeline yet they're still on the island...now that's the big ???...

best moment of the night by far: "I'm sorry you had to see me like that." -Monster/X

I almost missed the second half...the commercial break at the hour mark was convincing enough of an end that I went to the bathroom and started to get ready to settle down in the bedroom. Luckily I hadn't turned the TV off and heard Hurley talking right when I walked out and was like "WTF is going on". I thought for sure that the two hour premiere included the hour "build up" they aired right before it.

Good stuff so far. Glad to see the "Smoke Monster" stuff confirmed. I'm more interested in Richard more than ever now though. I've always loved episodes with Richard in them. Good to finally have the feeling that I'm going to learn how the hell he is connected to all of this.

I think this season might be the biggest mind fock yet. They wouldn't be doing this alternate timeline just for the hell of it. It's going to be relevant to the regular timeline somehow.

Sayeed in the Jesus Christ Pose is cool! The good versus evil is between Locke and him!

Sayeed in the Jesus Christ Pose is cool! The good versus evil is between Locke and him!

So you're banking on Jacob being in that Sayid or something? Read a lot of people saying that...only thing I'd say against it is that Smocke didn't exactly take over John's body. It's still around.

So you're banking on Jacob being in that Sayid or something? Read a lot of people saying that...only thing I'd say against it is that Smocke didn't exactly take over John's body. It's still around.

I totally didn't think about that. I thought i was genius for figuring that out.

I didn't read word for word everything that's been said in this thread. Saw a lot about loops, but I think we can look to Star Trek (also JJ Abrams) as the basis for what the plane landing could signify. When Spock went back in time, he created a parallel universe starting at the point he went back.

Tried to make an image to help explain but I may have wound up confusing myself: Here Yes, it's very crude.

And now that I drew it, I don't remember where the fock I was going with that. Hell I don't even think I got the years right. I don't remember what year the Oceanic Six got off the Island honestly. It was '05 right? So that would make the current Jacob / Black Saga be happening in '08? Three years later? Either way, the Jacob / Black Saga is much more interesting. Screw all this time talk.

LOST: Season Six. The year we learn just how full of !@#$ Phillybear is.

I thought we knew that for years. Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong, but at least he takes a stab at it each week and his eye for those little details is pretty focking good.

not sure why you guys are calling that "loops" plural...just seems like one alternate timeline to me. although i havent read all of phillybear or whoever's drawn out theory about multiple loops. seems like two obvious ones to me. now juliet saying "it worked" creating the alternate timeline yet they're still on the island...now that's the big ???...

best moment of the night by far: "I'm sorry you had to see me like that." -Monster/X

The multiple loops is an explanation of what has been happening for 5 seasons. That theory does not predict Season 6 since the Man in Black found the loophole, and all hell has broken loose.

I had a real problem with X = MIB. If they are one and the same, that is OK for the scene in the Temple where Ben falls through the floor, MIB says he will go get some rope, Smokie appears, leaves, and MIB comes back. Which also means Smokie and the Temple folks share the same tunnels, which is bizarre. But when Smokie appeared to Sun and Frank in the Dharma cabin in 2007, MIB was on the Hydra Island as Locke interacting with Ben and Caesar and other Ajira passengers. MIB and Smokie are able to be in 2 places at once? This is an issue or just sloppy writing. And, the Others such as Ben can summon the MIB?

Just as I figured, few answers and more questions, fock this focking show. :thumbsdown:

and also, don't you azzholes realize that jacob touched them way back when, so he could turn into them?

And now that I drew it, I don't remember where the fock I was going with that. Hell I don't even think I got the years right. I don't remember what year the Oceanic Six got off the Island honestly. It was '05 right? So that would make the current Jacob / Black Saga be happening in '08? Three years later? Either way, the Jacob / Black Saga is much more interesting. Screw all this time talk.

When Desmond went mind tripping in the Constant, it was December 24, 2004. Within a couple of days, they were on Penny's boat.

The current story line of Ben, MIB, Sun and Frank is widely accepted to be happening in 2007.

Also, I'm not ready to say Jacob is possessing Sayid. Ben was healed in the Temple, and he didn't get possessed or manifested to the best of our knowledge. And Locke flesh and blood is still laying on the sand.

And why Sayid, of all people?

Also, I'm not ready to say Jacob is possessing Sayid. Ben was healed in the Temple, and he didn't get possessed or manifested to the best of our knowledge. And Locke flesh and blood is still laying on the sand.

Sayid's dying comments were interesting...about him going to hell for all of the torture. Maybe Jacob is bad and possessing Sayid because it had to be an evil soul?

Seems to me that the bomb going off did prevent the plane from crashing on the island in 2004, but, the universe has a way of course correcting, so they all ended up there someway anyway, as we see them on the island in 2007 or so. I think this season will keep with the two different timelines for a while, with the LAXers eventually ending up on the island together.

Seems to me that the bomb going off did prevent the plane from crashing on the island in 2004, but, the universe has a way of course correcting, so they all ended up there someway anyway, as we see them on the island in 2007 or so. I think this season will keep with the two different timelines for a while, with the LAXers eventually ending up on the island together.

Was wondering if we would see one or both of the timelines continue to "course correct" until both of the "stories" end up in the same place at the end of the season. I have a very little brain. :thumbsdown:

Doubt that Sayid is Jacob but he has a new signifigance now - can only speculate what but smokie didn't possess Locke's body he just took his shape - it's not the same thing.

I think I may of figured out the loop hole thing. Ben was changed/ healed by the spring which was clearly powered by Jacob. Maybe this was the reason only Ben could kill Jacob -- the Spring changed from clear to murky but retained it's power - only it was powered by smokie somehow - Sayid was healed and came back meaning sayid is the only person that can kill smokie. - just a theory.

Looking like Richard was maybe originally a slave to Smokie -- most think he was a slave on the Black rock but I think RA is a lot older than that.

Temple leader - Might be another immortal but I doubt it - I don't think they would introduce a major character so late.

The Alternate reality - not really certain it is yet as the writers swore there wouldn't be -- but it wouldn't be the first tiem the lied either. IMO I found the alt reality boring and kept wanting them to get back to the Island part. Obviously in the alt reality the bomb blows the island under water.

I think I may of figured out the loop hole thing. Ben was changed/ healed by the spring which was clearly powered by Jacob. Maybe this was the reason only Ben could kill Jacob -- the Spring changed from clear to murky but retained it's power - only it was powered by smokie somehow - Sayid was healed and came back meaning sayid is the only person that can kill smokie. - just a theory.

I agree.

You might be on to something. If Sayid is now walking around for the purpose of killing the Smoke Monster, I can't wait to see that battle. If Sayid is able to do it, he would be the baddest mother focker ever.

I like the idea of merging the timelines. That would probably bring everybody in the multiple realities forward to 2007, the time of MIB, Ben, Sun, Frank.

These focking Losties just won't die. They just lived through a hydrogen bomb. Except for Juliet. I can't wait for her to be a zombie next week, and Kate bashes in her skull. The following week, Sayid kills the ghost of Juliet.

'Lost' execs announce finale date

Jimmy Kimmel welcomed Lost executive producers and creators Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse to the show last night and they revealed that the Lost series finale will air Sunday, May 23, 2010 on ABC.

Why couldn't Juliet have been thrown into the Temple water?

Copy and paste away. The blog is a copy and paste in itself. Line your birdcages with them. You could read them to your kids as a bed time story and fill them up with thoughts of rage as they fall asleep.

Close to three hundred views since yesterday...so I think some folks are reading them. Got a little feedback from one of the posters over there on your LOST writings:

This guy is amazing. Really clever recaps and funny as hell. Keep posting them, they're a great read and make me $#!% myself laughing.

P.S: Picturing Kate as Rocky Dennis really floored me.

Sawyer is going to be pissed when he finds out. :lol:

It clears the way for Sawyer to hook up with Kate

That would piss off a lot of people. After spending all that time on Juliet's Swan deaths. Geez, I've seen Juliet falling down the shaft about a thousand times this week alone. Promos, recaps, commercials. Over and over. And then banging on a bomb with a rock.

If Sawyer and Kate get together again, you might as well let them have sex on top of Juliet's grave.

Sawyer is going to be pissed when he finds out. :cheers:

SO DUMB, we all know Sawyer doesn't really care about Juliet.

it's like when a married guy gets mad that someone is hitting on his girlfriend. :first:

Sayaid was a bad person hence he or Sawyer would be the only 2 people of them that could be healed by the dark water.

Random thoughts...

The shark had a Dharma symbol on it. I think everyone noticed that.

Kate steals Jacks pen on the plane. Jack says he had a pen but doesn't know where it is while he saves Charlie.

Sun is called Ms Paik by the airport guards.

Why is Kate in the tree? Everyone else seems to be at the same spot they were before the detonation.

Why Is Jack bleeding on the plane?

At first I thought the ankh in the guitar case was the one the statue was holding but It was to small and come to find out it was made of wood with the list of people Jacob "marked" in it.

Maybe it was to late for Juliet to be saved by the pool. I am guessing you have to be alive even if just barely to have it work like it did with Ben and Sayid.

What significance does the ash ring around the cabin actually have? We know it keeps smokey out and Jacob seemingly moved from the cabin to the foot, but what kept smokey from going into the foot?

The book Desmond is reading on the plane is "Haroun and the Sea of Stories" By Salman Rushdie. Rose is reading "Weekly Woodsman" magazine.

Sayaid was a bad person hence he or Sawyer would be the only 2 people of them that could be healed by the dark water.

They are all bad people.

With the possible exception of Hurley, and even he killed some people when a deck collapsed, as was discussed with his therapist when he was in the nut hut. Locke might have been a good guy, but he's dead. Desmond killed Inman. Daniel put Theresa's mind into never never land. Who's left? They are evil, and can you think of any of them that hasn't killed someone at some point, or did bad stuff?

They are all bad people.

With the possible exception of Hurley, and even he killed some people when a deck collapsed, as was discussed with his therapist when he was in the nut hut. Locke might have been a good guy, but he's dead. Desmond killed Inman. Daniel put Theresa's mind into never never land. Who's left? They are evil, and can you think of any of them that hasn't killed someone at some point, or did bad stuff?

The last words Sayid said were that he expected torment and his soul was dark or something to that effect due to all the being he torutured and killed. The water wouldn't cure the Temple leaders hand yet Sayid is ressurrected. Sayid is not either Jacob nor the Monster.

I almost missed the second half...the commercial break at the hour mark was convincing enough of an end that I went to the bathroom and started to get ready to settle down in the bedroom. Luckily I hadn't turned the TV off and heard Hurley talking right when I walked out and was like "WTF is going on". I thought for sure that the two hour premiere included the hour "build up" they aired right before it.

Good stuff so far. Glad to see the "Smoke Monster" stuff confirmed. I'm more interested in Richard more than ever now though. I've always loved episodes with Richard in them. Good to finally have the feeling that I'm going to learn how the hell he is connected to all of this.

He was a survivor from the Black Rock. A slave, given eternal life by Jacob to act as his priest/emissary to the Cult of Jacob (i.e. the Others).

Let's just toss this out there -

The only other person we know healed by the temple is Ben Linus. At the time, Richard warned that "there could be consequences."

How was Linus changed? We haven't seen it.

But Ben is the loophole that killed Jacob.

What if healing Sayid in the murky water makes him a loophole capable of killing Nemsis/Smokie/MIB?

Further connection: the reason Ben Linus was healed at the temple was because Sayid "killed" him.

I suspect there's a balancing game being played out. Sayid will eventually kill Nemsis/Smokie/MIB and restore balance on the island.

Doubt that Sayid is Jacob but he has a new signifigance now - can only speculate what but smokie didn't possess Locke's body he just took his shape - it's not the same thing.

Exactly.

'Lost' execs announce finale date

Jimmy Kimmel welcomed Lost executive producers and creators Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse to the show last night and they revealed that the Lost series finale will air Sunday, May 23, 2010 on ABC.

Could very well top the ratings and hype of the M*A*S*H series finale.