Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Syringes

Has anyone looked at the Chris Henry thread at footballguys?

WOW, what a cluster fock.

He's on my dynasty team but I can't drop him now, I plan on starting him this week as a tribute. I know it's a risky move in the playoffs but I want to pay my respect to the man, kinda like how the redskins started with 10 players after Sean Taylor's death.

:ninja:

I got a tongue lashing for pointing out how stupid it would be rostering a spot for Chris Henry during a fantasy football playoff game with money at stake, even though I don't seen the Bengals putting only 10 players on offense on the field in Henry's honor this Sunday.

Thank God for FFTODAY.

:ninja:

:pointstosky:

He's on my dynasty team but I can't drop him now, I plan on starting him this week as a tribute. I know it's a risky move in the playoffs but I want to pay my respect to the man, kinda like how the redskins started with 10 players after Sean Taylor's death.

The dipshit actually posted this??? :pointstosky:

Dammit...I need a new login there so I can get banned for the 5th time for life :overhead:

focking pvssys

Fock it...I found a username....I'm going in :pointstosky:

ETA: Dammit :pointstosky:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Nov 13 2011, 07:18 AM.

And from the most sanctimonious hypocritical douche ever.....

I'll never understand the bitterness some must feel to be able to speak so negatively about someone who just passed away. If O.J. passed away tomorrow I'd just hold my tongue. Feel nothing but contempt for the man but would never speak badly of him the day after he passed.

R.I.P. Chris Henry. Condolences to your family and friends.

I'm sure GFIAFP's brother will appreciate your sentiment.

More from Strike..

While I'm not grieving, I am stuck with a pretty large sense of melancholy and sadness over the loss of a young life that seemed to be showing so much promise, especially as of late. But to me the issue of speaking badly isn't about grieving. As others have noted it's about respect. I use a simple rule when talking about people who just passed - I won't say anything on a message board that I wouldn't say to an attendee LIVE at the funeral. And I don't have to know the person to feel that way. If I was passing by a random funeral and knew the person had a checkered past, I won't say anything here I wouldn't say to that family. Simple. At least it seems that way to me.

What a homo.

:wall:

Really? OK, that is just too coincidental, there is an owner is one of my dynasty leagues proposing the very same action. The team name is the bonita beach hurricanes......same guy? :pointstosky:

"QUOTE

"

I'm pretty sure Washington did that for 1 play. Not for the whole game.

:pointstosky: :pointstosky:

Why can't I ever get to play against guys like this.

GIVE ME THE USERNAME!

I swear this has GOT to be the guy in my dynasty league! :pointstosky:

Why can't Chris Henry be alive and Joe Bryant be dead? Life is so unfair.

My wife was the one who told me he died. She said it was a tragedy, and a shame.

I said who cares.

If Hasselbeck, or Manning or Brady died. That would be a shame. Chris Henry, just means theirs more air for me.

My wife was the one who told me he died. She said it was a tragedy, and a shame.

I said who cares.

If Hasselbeck, or Manning or Brady died. That would be a shame. Chris Henry, just means theirs more air for me.

I think he managed to reproduce before he died tho, so the gene pool only improved slightly :pointstosky:

I think he managed to reproduce before he died tho, so the gene pool only improved slightly :pointstosky:

I hope we're not talking Travis Henry type reproduction? :pointstosky:

Can someone please tell me wat Good Henry has done? Im so sick of the potential crap.

He made Moss and Owens seem pretty okay for a while...... :pointstosky:

Can someone please tell me wat Good Henry has done? Im so sick of the potential crap.

And he also made Rae Carruth look better in comparison.

Beltneck.

The name doe snot match up tightly, man, I bet its the same guy.... :dunno:

Yes I did, and I have to say I was aghast, stunned, taken aback, at your insensitivity and lack of respect for the sanctity of life. :dunno:

:dunno:

OMFG!! :overhead:

I swear to God, that place never fails to unpress. Some of those guys make Ned Flanders look like Mick Jagger.

People die every day

But, but, this one could catch a football! And we watched him on T.V. so it was like we had a special relationship! And he had totally turned his life around... except for the part where he ended up in the back of a truck shirt-less, arm in a cast, driving down a residential street, pounding on the the back window, screaming at his baby-mama, who promptly bucked him out. He was a regular Ward Cleaver these days.

:dunno:

Is this our Strike?

Wow.

Surpised? "our" strike a retard and assh0le :overhead:

Surpised? "our" strike a retard and assh0le :dunno:

I knew that. I just didn't realize how much of a pussy he was, too.

Chris F'n Henry.

You know, him dying pretty much summed up my whole fantasy season.

I'm a champions dammit... A 5-TIME CHAMPION (getOnyoukneesREspect).

but not this year. Oh NO.

This year, Chris Henry was my big sleeper: the guy I stole LATE in every draft.

Even got Carson Palmer for THE CONNECTION and doublepoints.

I shoulda' kilt Henry myself.

Guaranteed Sheneequa Henry was paid off by other fantasy owners to run his ass over.

People lost Millions on Henry and they're not happy about it.

But, but, this one could catch a football! And we watched him on T.V. so it was like we had a special relationship! And he had totally turned his life around... except for the part where he ended up in the back of a truck shirt-less, arm in a cast, driving down a residential street, pounding on the the back window, screaming at his baby-mama, who promptly bucked him out. He was a regular Ward Cleaver these days.

yeah, this whole "turned his life around" crap pisses me off. Oh, so this POS managed to NOT get arrested this year? Why do we set the bar so low for "that demographic"? Guess what? I wasn't arrested this year either. Guess what ELSE I haven't done in my lifetime?

From his college days at West Virginia University, Henry had a checkered off-field reputation. During his sophomore season, he was ejected from a game at Rutgers University due to multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and was suspended for the season finale against the University of Pittsburgh. His former Mountaineers coach, Rich Rodriguez, stated that he was "an embarrassment to himself and the program" for his conduct.[16]

On December 15, 2005, Henry was pulled over in northern Kentucky for speeding. During a search, marijuana was found in his shoes. He was also driving without a valid driver's license or valid insurance.[17] He pleaded guilty and avoided a jail sentence.

One month later, on January 30, 2006 he was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[18] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. He pleaded guilty to this charge and avoided jail time.

On April 29, Henry allowed three underage females (ages 18, 16 and 15) to consume alcohol at a hotel in Covington, Kentucky.[19] One of the three, an 18-year-old woman, accused Henry of sexually assaulting her; she later retracted her story and was charged with filing a false police report.[20] On January 25, 2007, Henry pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance commonly referred to as a "keg law." He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[19]

He was pulled over on Interstate 275 in Ohio on June 3 at 1:18 A.M. by Ohio Highway Patrol trooper Michael Shimko for surmised drunk driving. He voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at 2:06 A.M. at the Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted in the state of Ohio.[21]

On October 6, he was suspended by the NFL for two games for violating the league's personal conduct and substance abuse policies. NFL policies forbade Henry from taking part in practices, however, he was allowed to attend any team meetings. Henry missed the Bengals' October 15, 2006 game at Tampa Bay and their October 22, 2006 home game versus Carolina.[22]

The following April, Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.[10][16] His suspension on the 10th came with a stern warning that future misconduct may result in the end of his career with the NFL. Henry was given permission by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to begin practicing fully.[23] His suspension was lifted and he played in the November 11, 2007 game versus the Baltimore Ravens, amassing 4 catches for 99 yards.

Henry allegedly assaulted a valet attendant at Newport on the Levee in Newport, Kentucky on November 6, 2007.[24] He was arrested for a second time in Orlando on December 3 for violating his probation he was on from a January 30, 2006 arrest. On February 21, 2008, he was found not guilty.

On March 31, 2008, Henry was alleged to have punched a man named Gregory Meyer, 18, and thrown a beer bottle through the window of his car. Henry claimed it was a case of mistaken identity and also that he thought it was somebody else that owed him money.[25] Henry was waived by the Bengals a day after this arrest and was then forced to serve a house arrest sentence.

NINE focking paragraphs on "off the field problems"?

Yeah, this POS doesn't need a "tribute" - beyond "Good Focking Riddance". :thumbsdown:

yeah, this whole "turned his life around" crap pisses me off. Oh, so this POS managed to NOT get arrested this year? Why do we set the bar so low for "that demographic"? Guess what? I wasn't arrested this year either. Guess what ELSE I haven't done in my lifetime?

NINE focking paragraphs on "off the field problems"?

Yeah, this POS doesn't need a "tribute" - beyond "Good Focking Riddance". :thumbsdown:

Oh c'mon Wiff, we were all young once. Who among us can honestly say we never pulled out a handgun and pointed it at a crowd of people on a public street and had a police officer pull his weapon on us? It's practically a jay-walking ticket. :doublethumbsup:

:thumbsdown:

Is this our Strike?

Wow.

LOL. Yeah I'm really inconsistent. If you look through the threads on this site I've consistently said similar things. I railed on Edjr for making fun of a deceased FFT member. I helped collect money for one of our members when we thought she was seriously hurt in a car accident. Turned out to be a hoax and I made sure every dollar was returned but still. In any case, I believe in the sanctity of life and don't make fun of those recently deceased, especially in such a tragic manner. Call me a homo or a softy I don't care. It's sad when human life ends so early, especially for someone who had from all appearances turned his life around as Henry had. Sorry you guys are so jaded.

And as far as GFIAFP goes, please. We don't even know he had a brother and, if he did, I'm pretty damn sure his brother hates him as much as I do. I don't feel sympathy for mentally unstable pedophiles.

LOL. Yeah I'm really inconsistent. If you look through the threads on this site I've consistently said similar things. I railed on Edjr for making fun of a deceased FFT member. I helped collect money for one of our members when we thought she was seriously hurt in a car accident. Turned out to be a hoax and I made sure every dollar was returned but still. In any case, I believe in the sanctity of life and don't make fun of those recently deceased, especially in such a tragic manner. Call me a homo or a softy I don't care. It's sad when human life ends so early, especially for someone who had from all appearances turned his life around as Henry had. Sorry you guys are so jaded.

And as far as GFIAFP goes, please. We don't even know he had a brother and, if he did, I'm pretty damn sure his brother hates him as much as I do. I don't feel sympathy for mentally unstable pedophiles.

I didn't say you were inconsistent. I said you were a pussy.

Oh c'mon Wiff, we were all young once. Who among us can honestly say we never pulled out a handgun and pointed it at a crowd of people on a public street and had a police officer pull his weapon on us? It's practically a jay-walking ticket. :thumbsdown:

:doublethumbsup:

It's sad when human life ends so early, especially for someone who had from all appearances turned his life around as Henry had.

Why is that "especially" sad? Why is it that since a guy was a fock-up his whole life and recently became marginally less of a fock-up - after having just about every punishment imaginable short of a prison sentence thrown at him - his death is "especially" sad?

Pat Tilman's death was especially sad. Chris Henry's? While sad - his three kids are without a father after all - there's nothing "especially" about it.

Why is that "especially" sad? Why is it that since a guy was a fock-up his whole life and recently became marginally less of a fock-up - after having just about every punishment imaginable short of a prison sentence thrown at him - his death is "especially" sad?

Pat Tilman's death was especially sad. Chris Henry's? While sad - his three kids are without a father after all - there's nothing "especially" about it.

I agree Pat Tillman's death was especially sad. So was Henry's, especially because he has three kids.

When I watch the news and see a story about a teenager getting killed in a car accident or somethign like that; I think, damn that is a sad story. I'd hate to be the family coping with that. Then I change the channel to the Food Network and see who Bobby Flay is up against in the latest Iron Chef episode and totally forget about that news story.

Same thing with the Chris Henry story. When I heard it, I thought "Damn, dude was 26 years old. Tragic news story, that really sucks for his teammates and family." Then my mind immediately went to if I was gonna have one or two sugars in my coffee and what I'm gonna print out to read when I have my morning glory in the mens restroom in about 30 minutes.

Tragic story? Yes

Do I really care? No

When I watch the news and see a story about a teenager getting killed in a car accident or somethign like that; I think, damn that is a sad story. I'd hate to be the family coping with that. Then I change the channel to the Food Network and see who Bobby Flay is up against in the latest Iron Chef episode and totally forget about that news story.

Same thing with the Chris Henry story. When I heard it, I thought "Damn, dude was 26 years old. Tragic news story, that really sucks for his teammates and family." Then my mind immediately went to if I was gonna have one or two sugars in my coffee and what I'm gonna print out to read when I have my morning glory in the mens restroom in about 30 minutes.

Tragic story? Yes

Do I really care? No

You, sir, are a heartless bastard.

:thumbsdown:

Tragic story? Yes

Do I really care? No

:blink: Pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

:blink:

The guy looked like a fuckin untrustworthy alien, I know its a bit early to be "real" here but cards seem about right to me :o