Sign in to follow this  
Recidivist

What's your jersey number?

Perhaps this has been done before . . . if so, I missed it.

Anyhow, please list the number(s) you wore/wear when playing sports. Also, feel free to list any relevant information such as why you picked that number, the sport you played when wearing that number, what your alternate number is if your first choice is not available, etc.

I've always worn #13 regardless of which sport I was playing.

I happened upon that number during my first organized sports experience: t-ball at age 5. At the time, I wanted #3, but it had already been taken by an older kid, thus I took what I thought was the next closest thing: #13. I was unaware that #13 was considered unlucky, but when I found out, I was determined to make #13 my lucky number.

The only other number I've worn in sports is #11. It was a co-ed softball league and one of my lesbian teammates was #13 - I wasn't about to challenge her.

Regardless of the sport I always and still do, have to have the number 4. Now I can have a variation with the number 4 in it, as long as the second digit is 4. (i.e. 14, 24, 34, 44). I am not really sure why, it just is.

Football - 12, 86, 45

Basketball - 20

Lacrosse - 18

Softball - 911 :wall:

Regardless of the sport I always and still do, have to have the number 4. Now I can have a variation with the number 4 in it, as long as the second digit is 4. (i.e. 14, 24, 34, 44). I am not really sure why, it just is.

Was there any inspiration behind your selecting the #4 (e.g., it was your favorite player's #)?

Football - 12, 86, 45

Basketball - 20

Lacrosse - 18

Softball - 911 :wall:

Again, was there any particular reason you chose those numbers? Just curious :)

No jersey number ... just 105 weight class in wrestling through most of high school. We wore sweatshirts with our weight class on the day of meets.

If I had a choice it was always number 7.

If I had a choice it was always number 7.

And that was because???

Always wore #8. Every sport, every season, with the exception of soph yr in high school as a WR. Wore 80.

Somewhere along the line as a kid I decided 8 was my lucky #. Can't remember the exact reason, but that's how it's always been.

Always wore #8. Every sport, every season, with the exception of soph yr in high school as a WR. Wore 80.

Somewhere along the line as a kid I decided 8 was my lucky #. Can't remember the exact reason, but that's how it's always been.

I always wore #8 in baseball cuz my favorite player at the time was Gary Gaetti. I don't know why since I was an outfielder and not a third basemen.

As a TE in football, I always tried to get #90. It looked good on a jersey and chicks dug it. It wasn't your typical eligible receiver number which also made it cool. :cheers:

# 2

:thumbsup:

34 most all the time. 22 twice when I was the younger player and someone else wanted 34.

Not exactly sure why. I think in basketball I felt as a PG a bigger number meant a more physical guard. Or stronger player. But really I think I grabbed it the first year for no real reason and just stuck with it.

My favorite number to wear in basketball was #22.

Wore it through middle and high school. No significance...

I wore #48 in football because I was 2nd string and didn't really have a choice.

Because I was always twice as good as the number 1 on the other team.

suck it

32 in basketball, baseball and football. My older brother had worn 31 in everything, so it was kind of a one better kind of thing. Plus, it looked cool and fit my positions (Point/2, OF/Pitcher, RB/DB)

played hs and collegiate lacrosse..... #1.

And that was because???

7 is a lucky number. I never really had a favorite player who was 7. Just thought it was a cool number.

Again, was there any particular reason you chose those numbers? Just curious :banana:

None. Just what ever I thought of at the time. Although with the softball # it was fun to hear my fellow players yell "call 911!!" :overhead:

Was there any inspiration behind your selecting the #4 (e.g., it was your favorite player's #)?

Not really because of a favorite player. Actually it is sort of the opposite. I gravitate to sportsmen who wear those numbers. (i.e. Ken Griffey, Favre, Manny Rameriz, ect.)

I really think it deviates from me being slightly OCD. Four is a completing number in my head. There are four sides to a square. Plus it's an even number. I loathe odd numbers. My volume control on the television must rest on an even number. My thermostat? It's either 68, 70, or 72. Well, you uget the idea. :cry:

Baseball = 21 because as a freshman it was what number I was given. Just to make the team was an honor enough let alone being fussy over the number.

College baseball 31 also. Kinda stuck.

I played in the minor leagues with the Indiands from 1995-97 and was given what ever number thay wanted me to wear. In spring training, in Winterhaven Fl. AIDS capital of USA :dunno: , I wore numbers ranging from 78-99. 78, 79 and 99 were the 3 numbers I had the 3 years in spring training.

14. every sport i ever played. most seasons for some odd reason it just ended up like that, but sometimes i had to ask.

I played in the minor leagues with the Indians from 1995-97 and was given what ever number thay wanted me to wear. In spring training, in Winterhaven Fl. AIDS capital of USA :unsure: , I wore numbers ranging from 78-99. 78, 79 and 99 were the 3 numbers I had the 3 years in spring training.

Geo-Jay = Rick Vaughn :dunno:

Give 'em the heater Ricky!!!! :dunno:

Geo-Jay = Rick Vaughn :dunno:

Give 'em the heater Ricky!!!! :dunno:

Nope, minor league numbers were different the big league numbers.

#1 HS Football

#22 HS Baseketball

#12 HS Baseball

#5 in College

#9 in German basketball

I always just liked the 1 or 2 thing, in college I couldn't get either, so I just got an upside down 2. In germany, I couldn't get five, so I got the 9 for Jordan.

32 in basketball, baseball and football. My older brother had worn 31 in everything, so it was kind of a one better kind of thing. Plus, it looked cool and fit my positions (Point/2, OF/Pitcher, RB/DB)

You played sports.... :lol: