Sign in to follow this  
Joey Gladstone

Seahawks fans

Well, unless we pull it out against St. Louis (possible, but I wouldnt bet on it) we're done winning games this season. That would mean only a one game improvement over last season, however I feel that we will head into the offseason a much stronger team compared to last year.

Russell Okung and Earl Thomas are for real- these two headlined a very strong draft for us. Cornerstones on both sides of the ball for years to come

Ruskell guys Red Bryant and Ben Obomanu- Both got their chances to play and ran with it. Hopefully they wont continue to have problems staying healthy.

Leon Washington and Marshawn Lynch- Leon brings danger on returns as well as a homerune threat out of the backfield. Lynch is a tough hard-nosed runner. all three of our backs compliment each other well. We should have a pretty good run game if we can fix the o-line. Both guys came cheap.

Chris Clemons- He's thrived out of the Leo end position with 10 sacks. I trashed the Daryl Tapp trade when it happened, but we made out like bandits, also picking up a 4th round pick.

Jeremy Bate's offense- So glad he followed Carroll to Seattle. When he gets a little more talent, the points will come.

Big Mike Williams- One of the best stories of the season. There's not a possession receiver in the league like him. Resigning him is priority 1b this offseason (Mebane being 1a)

All in all we have something to build on. At this time last year, I had no hope. Other then Mebane, I didn't see a guy on the roster I thought could make a big difference in the future. Now we have several such guys along with a competent coaching staff and GM. The rest of the division is still moldy, rotten, urine-soaked garbage, so if we can hit on the right QB we could be dominating this b!tch once again.

Swallow my cack Hawk Groupies! :wave:

Whitehurst is a stiff.

I dont disagree. I also dont think it would be a bad idea giving Whitey first team reps in practice and starting him from here on out though. Our chances of beating St. Louis in two weeks dont fluctuate much with either guy under center. Might as well give the younger guy that you wasted a 3rd round pick on some action. At least Whitehurst can move around and make quick decisions.

Well, unless we pull it out against St. Louis (possible, but I wouldnt bet on it) we're done winning games this season. That would mean only a one game improvement over last season, however I feel that we will head into the offseason a much stronger team compared to last year.

Russell Okung and Earl Thomas are for real- these two headlined a very strong draft for us. Cornerstones on both sides of the ball for years to come

Ruskell guys Red Bryant and Ben Obomanu- Both got their chances to play and ran with it. Hopefully they wont continue to have problems staying healthy.

Leon Washington and Marshawn Lynch- Leon brings danger on returns as well as a homerune threat out of the backfield. Lynch is a tough hard-nosed runner. all three of our backs compliment each other well. We should have a pretty good run game if we can fix the o-line. Both guys came cheap.

Chris Clemons- He's thrived out of the Leo end position with 10 sacks. I trashed the Daryl Tapp trade when it happened, but we made out like bandits, also picking up a 4th round pick.

Jeremy Bate's offense- So glad he followed Carroll to Seattle. When he gets a little more talent, the points will come.

Big Mike Williams- One of the best stories of the season. There's not a possession receiver in the league like him. Resigning him is priority 1b this offseason (Mebane being 1a)

All in all we have something to build on. At this time last year, I had no hope. Other then Mebane, I didn't see a guy on the roster I thought could make a big difference in the future. Now we have several such guys along with a competent coaching staff and GM. The rest of the division is still moldy, rotten, urine-soaked garbage, so if we can hit on the right QB we could be dominating this b!tch once again.

Swallow my cack Hawk Groupies! :wave:

Some good points; however, that Whitehurst trade really looks bad, especially in light of the fact that moving down in RD 2 and taking Golden Tate has yielded nothing. If Tate doesn't step up, that trade goes from bad to horrendous.

Lynch maybe tough and all but to me he looks as slow as molasses. Forsett will never handle the full load so this team needs a real RB along with some more OL help in order to improve the running game.

The passing game is a nightmare. Hass, as most of us have said all year, is done. Whitehurst is clearly not the answer. Therefore, two scenarios for next year compeltely put this team behind the 8-ball again. No matter if the Hawks start Whitehursr next year or bring in a highly drafted rookie QB, this team will continue to get killed by the QB position.

The WRs are average to below average. We still need help at WR badly, even if Tate steps up. As for the TEs, I have been a supporter of Carlson, but the guy has regressed. In fact, Cameron Morrah looks like he has much more talent than Carlson. I'd like to see Morrah more involved.

I'm not sure how strong a draft this will be but we still need a ton of help on offense.

Some good points; however, that Whitehurst trade really looks bad, especially in light of the fact that moving down in RD 2 and taking Golden Tate has yielded nothing. If Tate doesn't step up, that trade goes from bad to horrendous.

Lynch maybe tough and all but to me he looks as slow as molasses. Forsett will never handle the full load so this team needs a real RB along with some more OL help in order to improve the running game.

The passing game is a nightmare. Hass, as most of us have said all year, is done. Whitehurst is clearly not the answer. Therefore, two scenarios for next year compeltely put this team behind the 8-ball again. No matter if the Hawks start Whitehursr next year or bring in a highly drafted rookie QB, this team will continue to get killed by the QB position.

The WRs are average to below average. We still need help at WR badly, even if Tate steps up. As for the TEs, I have been a supporter of Carlson, but the guy has regressed. In fact, Cameron Morrah looks like he has much more talent than Carlson. I'd like to see Morrah more involved.

I'm not sure how strong a draft this will be but we still need a ton of help on offense.

Oh yeah, still a ton of holes...especially on offense. It still feels like night and day compared to last season though. That says a lot about how far this team has fallen.

Realistically, I expected nothing from Tate this year. Rookie WRs rarely produce. They have to learn the playbook.

I like Lynch and Forsett, and until we add more talent to the offensive line, I'm OK with what they bring.

I think they bring Hasselbeck back next year with an incentive contract and he plays until the rookie QB looks ready. Might take a year. Whitehurst remains on the roster next year as the #2.

Deon Butler looked like a bust before his injury. Mike Williams may be too pricey to come back. We got nothing at WR. I would like to bring back Stokley and Obomanu for depth.

I've been ripping Carlson since we drafted him, and he was the product of a bunch of WR injuries and nobody else to throw to. I remember the arguments I had with culboarder11 over this guy. Sigh. I'm not saying I told you so's, but TE is a black hole for this team. Is Mili the last serviceable guy we've had?

There are bright spots, some good young talent, but we still have a ways to go. Going 2-6 lately is hard to watch. I still think we beat St Louis last week, but I can't logically say why.

I agree with both of you on Carlson. He is the epitome of an average, unexciting TE who can do a lot of things but nothing well....a prototypical Ruskell draft pick. Moorah has looked ok, but Im hoping McCoy comes into camp ready to prove something.

Im curious what you guys think of bringing in Kolb. We showed interest in him this summer. I think he's pretty good, though he seems fragile which could mean he misses a lot of time as we rebuild the line. He'll be 27 in August.

Is he worth a 1st round pick if the organization doesnt like whoever is available to us in the draft?

I agree with both of you on Carlson. He is the epitome of an average, unexciting TE who can do a lot of things but nothing well....a prototypical Ruskell draft pick. Moorah has looked ok, but Im hoping McCoy comes into camp ready to prove something.

Im curious what you guys think of bringing in Kolb. We showed interest in him this summer. I think he's pretty good, though he seems fragile which could mean he misses a lot of time as we rebuild the line. He'll be 27 in August.

Is he worth a 1st round pick if the organization doesnt like whoever is available to us in the draft?

I do like Kolb but this team has too many holes to drop a # 1 on a 27 year old QB who is still a bit unproven.

What a weird day. Rooting for St Louis to win so that we can eliminate San Fran and make it a 2 team race, winner take all next week with St Louis visiting. If SF wins, then they control their destiny with a win next week with their superior division record over Seattle and head to head over St Louis, by beating Arizona. Have to take SF out of the equation.

So...if St Louis wins, then the Tampa Bay game is completely meaningless. If SF wins, then you have to beat TB. But let's assume that St Louis could win. Do you rest key starters and give Whitehurst a start as well. Or do you play to win, and risk key injuries. Oh, what a whacky situation. But that 12th man will be loud next week regardless.

I kept hearing pundits all week talk all week about how St Louis and SF will decide the division, with no mention of how Seattle was still in the mix, with a pretty good chance to take it. It was enraging. ENRAGING. Like a Ruskell draft selection.

Oh, the alcohol is flowing like the Gulf Oil Spill. Blizzard in Philadelphia, not going to work tomorrow, potentially meaningless game kicks off in a few minutes. Doesn't get any better than that.

I do like Kolb but this team has too many holes to drop a # 1 on a 27 year old QB who is still a bit unproven.

Would I drop a #1 pick on Kolb? Well, Philadelphia has to resign Vick first. Is Seattle makes the playoffs, big IF, then they get a late mid 1st round pick. Yes, I do it in a second. Kolb looked great throwing short timing passes and slants in Houston University and can run this offense, as long as you improve the offensive line. He's getting killed behind the Eagles shitty line this year. With Foles staying in school, you only have Luck, Mallet, and Locker as first round worthy QBs this year. And Kolb can hit the ground running, as a semi-experienced NFL QB that has shown he can play. I'll take more of a know factor than the unknown with a rookie that we don't know about, since the rooks tend to wash out more often than not. Reid lucked into Vick, but expected Kolb to be the franchise, which means a bit, since he was a QB coach coming up.

Unless you like Luck, Mallet, and Locker, which could all go in the top 15 potentially. At that point, you are looking at mid rounders left.

I'm rambling. :cheers:

Congratulations to the Rams. As the only team in the division without QB issues, the future is bright in St. Louis.

And the Niners...choking on a big, fat cack yet again. So NEXT year is the year, right?

I've been fuming for a while. Game means nothing. Hasselbeck is still with a cast, right? Why play the guy? I get it, you want to win a game and get some mojo back. But he hurt himself running untouched into the endzone.

Is this a legitimate hip injury, or a devious plot to allow Hass to leave the game on a high note and let White Jesus mop up? I don't think Carroll is that clever. We lose next week without Hasselbeck.

Gus Bradley stat of the week:

13 times in 31 games the team has conceded more than 30 points :thumbsdown:

FIRE GUS!

Seahawks defense doing a nice job keeping Blount under control.

Well....they did during the first half. :doh:

Christ, if I never see another Charlie Whitehurst pass it will be too soon! That guy sucks! :mad:

I gave him a pass after that Giants game but man...after yesterday, I'm singing the same tune as you are. We need to draft Matt's replacement next year...the old man hurt hisself running untouched for crissakes.

Anyhow, all is almost well this Monday morning with the Hawks exceeding expectations, playing our first nationally televised game of the season for a chance to host a playoff game, the Niners choking the whole season away and now Singletary fired.

Whitehurst sucks. He's shown nothing. :thumbsdown:

The offense actually looked competent until Hassselbeck tweaked his back.

Other then Balmer playing for Red, this is the exact same starting defense we fielded at the beginning of the season. Gus needs to go.

Fortunately, we know the front office will have no problem making all the moves needed (and then some).

Would I drop a #1 pick on Kolb? Well, Philadelphia has to resign Vick first. Is Seattle makes the playoffs, big IF, then they get a late mid 1st round pick. Yes, I do it in a second. Kolb looked great throwing short timing passes and slants in Houston University and can run this offense, as long as you improve the offensive line. He's getting killed behind the Eagles shitty line this year. With Foles staying in school, you only have Luck, Mallet, and Locker as first round worthy QBs this year. And Kolb can hit the ground running, as a semi-experienced NFL QB that has shown he can play. I'll take more of a know factor than the unknown with a rookie that we don't know about, since the rooks tend to wash out more often than not. Reid lucked into Vick, but expected Kolb to be the franchise, which means a bit, since he was a QB coach coming up.

Unless you like Luck, Mallet, and Locker, which could all go in the top 15 potentially. At that point, you are looking at mid rounders left.

I'm rambling. :cheers:

What about Cam Newton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBLHXTq-vH0&feature=related

Ok Hawks fans, what do we want to happen this week?

If we win, we make the playoffs, get blown out in rd 1, end up with a draft pick in the low 20s, no shot at an impact QB, and are forever known as the 7-9 team that made the playoffs.

If we lose, we end up 6-10, with a draft pick in the top 10, and a chance to grab our next franchise QB.

A few weeks ago, I wanted the playoffs, but after seeing this team fall apart, I think I would prefer the top 10 pick.

What say you all?

If the hawks win they will be the worst playoff team in league history. The only thing that would shake that tag is if they made it to the superbowl and thats not happening. Carroll needs to miss the playoffs get the better draft pick and continue retooling the team for the long haul.

I can do all Seahawks fans a favor, save you HOURS of time this year and you won't have to watch any games and be disappointed. Here is their complete results for the 2010 season - And I was being very GENEROUS! Honestly, it will most likely be much worse.

SF @ SEA - W

SEA @ DEN - L

SD @ SEA - L

SEA @ STL - W

SEA @ CHI - L

ARI @ SEA - L

SEA @ OAK - L

NYG @ SEA - L

SEA @ ARI - L

SEA @ NO - L

KC @ SEA - W

CAR @ SEA - W

SEA @ SF - L

ATL @ SEA - L

SEA @ TB - W

STL @ SEA - W

6-10 and miss the playoffs again. OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN!

:doublethumbsup:

Sure some of the Ws and Ls are off, but after this week the final tally will be an exact match! Just think of all the countless hours of disappointment and agony I could have saved you if only you would have listened!!!!

ITS AN EXCITING TIME TO BE A SEAHAWKS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure some of the Ws and Ls are off, but after this week the final tally will be an exact match! Just think of all the countless hours of disappointment and agony I could have saved you if only you would have listened!!!!

ITS AN EXCITING TIME TO BE A SEAHAWKS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go fock yourself you mongoloid Steeler bandwagon fan retard.

I've been wanting to miss the playoffs for weeks now. Im tired of getting blown out every week, which is what will happen in the playoffs. This squad cannot hang with the good teams. I dont want to be the first ever 7-9 team in the playoffs, and the poster child for playoff overhaul.

I want the highest draft pick possible because Im ready to bring in an exciting young QB prospect. I dont care what the risk is, just give us somebody with big upside and see what these guys can do with him. By the 20's both Locker and Newton could be gone.

I also dont want it being played off as this team having a good season if we somehow beat St. Louis this week. Some positive steps were made, but this was a bad, BAD team this year. I dont want even a shred of complacency because there is still a ton of work that needs to be done.

mongoloid Steeler bandwagon fan retard.

A perfect example of a word and three synonyms.

Have we, as a fan base, become so jaded that we no longer care about making the playoffs? Did we become spoiled by the 5 years in a row of playoffs. Ask Cleveland or Oakland or San Francisco or Detroit about how they feel about not making the playoffs every year. Carpe Jugulum. Seize the throat. Why not see what happens? Hell, we aren't as good as some of the contenders, but there is no reason to think you can't win a home game to get in, win a home game in the playoffs, a key injury to a QB on the other team, a plane crash and a forfeit, and you never know. Even shitty franchises like Pittsburgh have won titles with less than talented teams. If we get healthy, why not. The NFL owes us for the officiating in previous playoff games.

You don't make the playoffs vs. you do make it, and it's a difference of about 5 draft slots. And we don't even have a 3rd rounder.

Have we, as a fan base, become so jaded that we no longer care about making the playoffs? Did we become spoiled by the 5 years in a row of playoffs. Ask Cleveland or Oakland or San Francisco or Detroit about how they feel about not making the playoffs every year. Carpe Jugulum. Seize the throat. Why not see what happens? Hell, we aren't as good as some of the contenders, but there is no reason to think you can't win a home game to get in, win a home game in the playoffs, a key injury to a QB on the other team, a plane crash and a forfeit, and you never know. Even shitty franchises like Pittsburgh have won titles with less than talented teams. If we get healthy, why not. The NFL owes us for the officiating in previous playoff games.

You don't make the playoffs vs. you do make it, and it's a difference of about 5 draft slots. And we don't even have a 3rd rounder.

Like I said earlier, I was all for making the playoffs regardless; however, there is a chance, depending on how things break this weekend, that the Hawks, if they were to lose could gain the # 7 pick vs if they win the # 21 pick. That is a huge difference. Knowing this team cannot advance in the playoffs do we want to possibly sacrifice 14 spots?

Check this link out:

QB Sweepstakes

Did anybody watch the Insight.com Bowl last night? That was the first time I ever watched Blaine Gabbert play and I was pretty impressed. The INT at the end of the game was unfortunate, and it's always worrisome when a guy works in a spread offense, but he's big, has an impressive arm, decent athleticism and is very cool and poised in the pocket. If he enters the draft he could be a nice fit. Matt Millen was slobbing his knob all game so thats a bit of a red flag.

Draft Gabbert or Locker and sign a Matt Moore or Shaun Hill to take snaps for 6 to 8 games? From what I've been reading there should be some nice guard and right tackle prospects in the 2nd round. Sorry guys, Im in full "looking foward to 2011" mode. :(

Gabbert

There's no way Pete Carroll can believe this gibberish:

And Carroll said he still believes Whitehurst can evolve into a quality starting quarterback in this league, and that he has not played enough to really develop the raw ability that is there.

“He’s got a tremendous amount of improvement ahead of him,” Carroll said. “And so he has the ability. He can run around. He can throw it. He has a terrific arm. He understands the offense. I think it’s just a matter of time before he’s a really, really good starting quarterback in the NFL. So we’ll hopefully put together a plan that he can really excel at this weekend, and give us what we need to get done, and just keep moving forward.”

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2010/12/29/carroll-says-future-still-bright-for-whitehurst/#ixzz19V7ukoxN

:doh:

You guys are actually rooting against your team?

What a bunch of latte drinking pansies :wacko:

You get a home playoff game in one of the toughest stadiums in the NFL to play in? :dunno: As a fan I would love the chance to knock off the Saints or Packers or whoever shows up.

Like I said earlier, I was all for making the playoffs regardless; however, there is a chance, depending on how things break this weekend, that the Hawks, if they were to lose could gain the # 7 pick vs if they win the # 21 pick. That is a huge difference. Knowing this team cannot advance in the playoffs do we want to possibly sacrifice 14 spots?

Check this link out:

QB Sweepstakes

Unless my tean was 3-12 or something, I have never considered a higher draft pick as the carrot. Not cheering for the playoffs for a pick that is a gamble at either spot is not natural.

The other unique factor is the worst playoff team ever label. For years people will point back to this year and shake their heads at the 7-9 sh!thawks making it when a 10 win team didnt. That is a more compelling argument for not wanting to go.

Cheer to get in and throw the dice.

A Bear fan and a Steeler lecturing us on how to root for our team. Crassic! And if the Seahawks win and make the playoffs you'll be the first ones in this thread bitching that a 7-9 team made the playoffs. Take your advice and...well, you know what to do with it :music_guitarred:

A Bear fan and a Steeler lecturing us on how to root for our team. Crassic! And if the Seahawks win and make the playoffs you'll be the first ones in this thread bitching that a 7-9 team made the playoffs. Take your advice and...well, you know what to do with it :music_guitarred:

Why do you have to be such a peice of sh!t all the time?

A Bear fan and a Steeler lecturing us on how to root for our team. Crassic!

Unfortunately, they are most likely right in this case. I guess I'll be the one Seattle fan on this site actually rooting for them to win on Sunday.

We got no respect from anyone when we went 13-3 and made the playoffs, then the super bowl. So what the h3ll do I care if I get no respect from those same @ss clowns if we're 7-9 and make the playoffs, and whatever.

Anything can happen, you just gotta get the invite.

I'll be 100% gung ho sunday night.

:thumbsup:

Would you rather be the best team to not win the bowl, or the worst team to win?

3 and a half more days until the first playoff game of the year. There's 30 other teams that can't even say that.

:overhead:

:cheers:

Why do you have to be such a peice of sh!t all the time?

The guy comes in a Seahawk thread, calls the team the Sh!thawks and then complains about the response he gets. Fockin comical!! :lol:

We got no respect from anyone when we went 13-3 and made the playoffs, then the super bowl. So what the h3ll do I care if I get no respect from those same @ss clowns if we're 7-9 and make the playoffs, and whatever.

Anything can happen, you just gotta get the invite.

I'll be 100% gung ho sunday night.

:thumbsup:

Would you rather be the best team to not win the bowl, or the worst team to win?

3 and a half more days until the first playoff game of the year. There's 30 other teams that can't even say that.

:cheers:

Let me put it this way. Am I rooting for the Rams? No fockin way! And I fully understand Hawk fans feeling winning and making the playoffs trumps everything. However, realistically, this franchise is stuck in the mud without a competent QB. Charlie Whitehurst is not the answer. Hass can't stay healthy and is over the hill. This team needs a franchise QB desperately. When the hawks are picking in the low 20s in April, making the playoffs at 7-9 and getting smoked by the Saints (this team has lost 9 games by an average of 21.2 points) will be meaningless and painful as we watch the franchise QBs go off the board.

The guy comes in a Seahawk thread, calls the team the Sh!thawks and then complains about the response he gets. Fockin comical!! :lol:

You missed the context of what I was saying. I didn't call them that, I was projecting what the masses would be saying in relation to the "worst playoff team ever" nuance.

You are quick to attack anyone that dares enter your precious thread and provide any kind of comment or opinion. maybe Sweetness has you on edge where you expect every comment is some kind of slight or jab - its not always the case.

Carry on.