Sign in to follow this  
Joey Gladstone

Seahawks fans

Thank you, donhass, for the reminder.

Well, well, well. Let's see what is true as of today, October 24th. Seattle is 4-2, Chicago is 4-3.

While I typed that last sentence, Cutler got sacked again.

The combined wins and losses of all the teams in the NFC West after week 7 = 11-15.

Cutler just got sacked again.

After tonight's game between Green Bay and Minnesota, the combined wins and losses of all the teams in the NFC North after week 7 = 11-15.

Cutler just got the snap and took a knee. So he wouldn't get sacked again.

Seattle's record of 4-2 is better than any other team's record in the NFC West and NFC North.

Cutler is in ICU. Send him flowers and a love letter, Sweetness. Maybe he won't die from AIDS like Walter Payton.

:overhead: :lol:

How is the piece of sh~t franchise known as the seahags doing?

2-2 in the worst division in the history of the NFL with a loss to the Lambs??? BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Next week, the Bears will destroy this crappy team .... enjoy taking it in the azz flahooker and filthybear. We will not use vaseline either :overhead: :banana:

Bears 4-1....soon to be 5-1

jesus, how did i miss this one? lol...wow. what a douche. and a clueless one at that :thumbsup:

this just might become my new sig. think i'll wait a couple more weeks for it to be even more hilarious. can't wait until the lions get the bears at detroit. suh will kill that focker cutler once and for all.

If you and a bunch of your buddies were playing basketball, some court, somewhere, and a bunch of former D1 washouts challenged you to a game, well, if your buddies are like my buddies, you'd probably get schooled. But let's say, through a puff of smoke, a 25 year old Shaquille O'Neal appeared and joined your team. All a sudden, you'd win by a hundred points. And it wouldn't seem like O'Neal was doing everything. Everyone would step up. Guys would drain open looks and layups would rain down like water in a monsoon.

But, of course, O'Neal would be doing everything. He would be the only reason you won at all.

Mike Williams is not ridiculously better than every other player on the field like Shaq, but when I tell you that Williams had 87 yards, 11 receptions and a touchdown, and Matt Hasselbeck completed a total of 19 passes for 189 yards and a touchdown, it understates just how completely Williams bore this passing offense on his back. It makes it seem like he was maybe half of the Seahawks passing offense, or a crucial contributor late and with Seattle protecting a very fragile feeling lead, and not like Williams was totally and painfully indispensable, but that's exactly what he was. I can not even imagine what this offense would look like without Williams creating a perfect target for Matt over and over again, and I don't want to.

I do want to know what this offense can accomplish post-Matt, because it excites me. It excites me and frustrates me because it's teased and withdrawn. I'm not saying Hasselbeck is a Maitresse like figure paying strangers to piss on my face and hammering nails through my ######, but there is, to be crude about it, a feeling of mounting blue balls developing about this entire season. Not to project doom and gloom, but there really is no promise that Williams signs with Seattle, that Williams continues playing at this level, that this amazing talent that Seattle bumbled into through the force of Pete Carroll's charisma and connections and power to inspire, will be amazing forever.

And not to project doom and gloom, but I don't feel particularly thrilled about this win. What a pisser.

Arizona looked awful. Max Hall looked like an undrafted free agent rookie starting his second game ever on the road, at Qwest.

Derek Anderson didn't look awful.

This run defense looked a mess with Brandon Mebane. Arizona was successful on 12 of its 20 rush attempts. Before today's game, Beanie Wells had averaged a 41.8% success rate and Tim Hightower a 35.3% success rate, and the highest average for any single rusher was 52.1%. Seattle basically went from a top three run defense to a bottom five run defense.

A lot of people might think, why ###### so much after a win? That's the burden of increased expectations. Win on the road, win at home to pull to 4-2 and alone atop the NFC West, and I want something more than a backdoor contender succeeding on the back of bad opponents, special teams and a handful of irreplaceable players. I'm greedy. I'm hungry. I see a great team forming within the Seahawks and I see a barely mediocre team taking the field each week.

And here's the thing, this frustration, this sense of underachievement, these bad wins and blowout losses are sweeter than sugar cane.

Seattle tore through the Cardinals rush defense while Russell Okung was on the field. Marshawn Lynch and Justin Forsett are fearsome bastards, and the way the two work together, Lynch beasting through backfield tackles and Force find space and exploiting it, looks, though may not yet be, looks like a dominant tandem of backs.

BMFMW is the most talented wide receiver in Seahawks history. He's an absolute game changer with few peers. Guys like Deon Butler, John Carlson, Ben Obomanu, and whoever else Seattle throws on the pile, will one day very soon rain receptions on helpless defenses, because with Shaq on the court, who the hell guards Penny Hardaway?

This run defense is smothering when they can occupy that extra blocker, when they can take the innate matchup of four defensive linemen against five offensive linemen, and level the playing field. ME! BANE! Need I say more?

This secondary is talented and mostly young and how the hell about Walter Thurmond?! Not only is he already competent in cover, but if covering football for a few years has taught me anything, it's that Thurmond is fully recovered, maybe medically, but Thurmond isn't at full capability. He's a rookie that's holding his own with hidden potential.

I'm not going to exult Leo ends Raheem Brock and Chris Clemons, though I love you both, but the Leo concept, of which I was very skeptical, and Seattle's commitment to smart and unpredictable blitzing, has transformed this pass defense. Nah, take that back. Has transformed the potential of this pass defense. Right now, Seattle's constructing a pretty slick pass rush out of spare parts, but Pete Carroll will soon have his horses. John Schneider will make sure of that.

Yes, from the decay of a terrible team, barely visible through the shell of a mediocre team still holding on, is an elite team that's building--

maybe.

Seattle needs a quarterback, and that's never a sure thing. Seattle needs to hold on to the special players it has developed and stumbled into, and that's never a sure thing. The Seahawks need some pieces to turn this promising but equally frustrating team into one that can be great, and that's never a sure thing. There's so many ways it can go wrong, and maybe fear is another fitting adjective, but afraid, hopeful, frustrated, jumping out my skin with anticipation -- it's a God Damn Good Time to be a Seahawks Fan.Game Ball

Williams

Olindo Mare, the ageless one.

And five more times, Mike Williams.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/

Fockin eh :headbanger:

:overhead: :lol:

This may be the first time I've posted in this thread, but that Phillybear rant was vintage brilliance. :first:

This may be the first time I've posted in this thread, but that Phillybear rant was vintage brilliance. :first:

Ya'll come back, ya hear :thumbsup:

4 wins is honestly what I expected for this team on the entire season. well done, and looking good on defense.

offense is still meh, but Mike Williams has been a pleasant surprise.

i know the Hawks play a soft schedule, but still. very well done.

Sweetness show up yet? :bench:

He is incapable of multitasking, is most likely still getting kicked in the head like a woman over at FBG. I don't think he will show up until Seattle loses again, or Chicago wins again. I guess he hasn't turned up in the Green Bay thread either.

This is the most public yet of his many humiliations.

Per Rotoworld

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Monday that LE Red Bryant (knee) will be "out a while at best."

Bryant sounds like a candidate for injured reserve. His injury appeared to be serious on the field Sunday, as he was carried off by trainers. Bryant's loss for an extended period would be a big blow to Seattle's run defense. The Raiders carved up the Seahawks on the ground after Bryant exited.

:( Brutal loss. One of the few Ruskell picks that surpassed marginal upside, who the coaching staff that Ruskell handpicked was too stupid to use effectively.

When is Flahawker gonna change the title of this thread?

Mebbe switch 'exciting' to 'unsure'. :dunno:

Either way, at least you donks aren't 49er fans :first:

Mebbe switch 'exciting' to 'unsure'. :dunno:

Either way, at least you donks aren't 49er fans :first:

I'm still excited about the direction the team is headed. I can't let a little early success against average at best competition elevate my expectations too high.

It's an Exciting Time to be a Giants fan. :banana:

It's an exciting time for you to stick a pistol in your mouth and eat a bullet.

It's an Exciting Time to be a Giants fan. :banana:

Nice bump. We have to keep this thread alive.

It's an exciting time for you to stick a pistol in your mouth and eat a bullet.

This was almost the exact reply from the exact poster that I was trying to invoke. :banana:

This was almost the exact reply from the exact poster that I was trying to invoke. :banana:

You should invoke tying porkchops to your genitals and jumping into a tank of full of starving alligators.

You should invoke tying porkchops to your genitals and jumping into a tank of full of starving alligators.

I'm on fire. :banana:

I'm on fire. :banana:

You should fly a hang glider into the sun.

Oh, and at the end of the day, the Seahawks will still be in first place.

Just a complete and utter home embarrassment. The Hawks have been exposed today.

Is there anybody else on this roster that can throw a forward pass? I'm ready to cut Whitehurst in the middle of this game. He bloooooooooows. Maybe we can run the wildcat for every play until Hasselbeck comes back. After this game, I demand Whitehurst is cut and we throw a blank contract at Hasselbeck and ask him to fill it out. That guy means everything to this team, and has for many years.

Is there anybody else on this roster that can throw a forward pass? I'm ready to cut Whitehurst in the middle of this game. He bloooooooooows. Maybe we can run the wildcat for every play until Hasselbeck comes back. After this game, I demand Whitehurst is cut and we throw a blank contract at Hasselbeck and ask him to fill it out. That guy means everything to this team, and has for many years.

Can he play defense? My God, the Giants are doing anything that they want right now.

Oh, and at the end of the day, the Seahawks will still be in first place.

That is sad on so many levels. :banana:

Just a complete and utter home embarrassment. The Hawks have been exposed today.

Exposed for what? Being a rebuilding team that's first place in their pathetic division? America will be SHOCKED!!! :shocking:

brutal. Giants are a SB team though.

Hawks seem to be showing more of who they really are the past 2 weeks but then again, they have already matched my expectations for their win total in this rebuilding year so anything from here on out is a bonus and a gauge on what they have for the future.

man, they got hosed in that Whitehurst deal though, :lol:

prolly about the time he ceases to be the biggest doosh on the board

:nono:

:wave:

brutal. Giants are a SB team though.

Hawks seem to be showing more of who they really are the past 2 weeks but then again, they have already matched my expectations for their win total in this rebuilding year so anything from here on out is a bonus and a gauge on what they have for the future.

man, they got hosed in that Whitehurst deal though, :lol:

Gee that matched your expectations? Whew...what a relief...

Fock you!

wait, WTF??!!! I thought you couldn't change the title?! It was so much easier to find the weekly hilarity of this thread because like you, I was sure it was

AN EXCITING TIME TO BE A SEAHAWKS FAN!!!

oh sweet baby jesus, i'm not sure i've ever found something so amusing as Seahawks fan and the undisputed king of the most retarded fanbase in the NFL, Flahawker.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: