Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Awesome

Jahvid Best

I don't think this guy will last long this year. Besides those two TDs, he had a 1.5 YPC average. That's definitely not going to make a long lasting impression in the NFL.

He'll be on the bench next week.

:thumbsup:

I was clearly on the Best bandwagon after watching him play in the preseason.

I won't lie, I thought about benching him today. But he was my one "must have" player in my drafts this year.

I had to play him.

I thought he might have a break out game today but nothing like what he had.

He'll have weeks where he struggles, especially if teams start keying on him right out of the gate.

But you can't deny his talent, especially in space.

This kid is going to be a good one.

he's been on my bench for 2 straight weeks :overhead:

he's been on my bench for 2 straight weeks :overhead:

Didn't you have Foster on your bench last week??? Maybe you should tell us who you are benching each week so I know who to start. :overhead:

I started him.

Ryan Mathews sucks though.

you look even more silly saying that now. good grief. you were the one who started this thread, after all. and vowed not to start him this week after calling him terrible in the thread title. but you did start him--even though you vowed not to start him. and felt the need to start a thread to tell us that you weren't going to start him. thanks for sharing.

was this past week that time of the month for you or something?

but now that you've bashed mathews, maybe i should trade for him.

you look even more silly saying that now. good grief. you were the one who started this thread, after all. and vowed not to start him this week after calling him terrible in the thread title.

was this past week that time of the month for you or something?

but now that you've bashed mathews, maybe i should trade for him.

Look, I don't have better options. Ricky doesn't get enough touches.

Drafted him in both my leagues in the 4th round. Loving Jahvid Beast!

I had the stupid 2nd pick so my 4th rounder was too late! ARGH!! Dude is the truth, the owner in my league had foster last week and benched best this week!! Its as if 2 tds werent enough for his high standards of flex players. He decided santana moss was a better flex (santana had a great game but still.). What a tool, and he still won!

Yes he did...and he will help me win in one league this week...... :clap:

But the assessment of him stands. He is not an every down back in the NFL....think Kevin Faulk, with people like me hoping for Charlie Garner....

You have to hate Monday's if you make statements like this often :doublethumbsup:

so there are people here STILL comparing best to kevin faulk? Lol...you've already been proven stupid, don't go for the stubborn label, either.

you can probably still argue the "every down" label (a bit weak, but still)...but from a talent standpoint to sit there and still make the kevin faulk quip is assinine. Go watch his highlights from that game. come back here and report. we'll wait.

we get it: you badmouthed him, didn't draft him, and your league mate got him instead. deal.

on a related note, suh has lived up to the hype. what a beast. at least they've got some building blocks these past two drafts.

You have to hate Monday's if you make statements like this often :doublethumbsup:

My assessment stands, but he did help me win this week....:banana:

Look, I don't have better options. Ricky doesn't get enough touches.

Clearly, you have better options then ricky, especially if your going drop best and mathews. :rolleyes:

I benched him this week and left 46 points off the board. :wall:

As a Best owner, where do you go from here? Start him next week? He can't keep this pace up. The law averages have to come into play.

As a Best owner, where do you go from here? Start him next week? He can't keep this pace up. The law averages have to come into play.

bench him again only way to find out.

Yes he did...and he will help me win in one league this week...... :clap:

But the assessment of him stands. He is not an every down back in the NFL....think Kevin Faulk, with people like me hoping for Charlie Garner....

haha i love you Ray but c'mon with this nonsense.

Kevin Faulk? why, because Faulk catches passes? :lol: Durable or not, Jahvid Best is a skilled runner. Kevin Faulk is not. They don't even compare when it comes to rushing the ball. They don't even really compare when it comes to receiving skills either. Faulk is a reliable set of hands and one of the best 3rd down backs of all time but he doesn't have Best's ability to make people miss.

i think you're just pulling player names out of the air.

I don't disagree with you about Best's durability concerns. I am not getting overly optimistic about one huge game. But these comparisons make little sense.

Keep riding him as a RB2. How can you bench him with that much upside? Who are your other RB's?

Keep riding him as a RB2. How can you bench him with that much upside? Who are your other RB's?

D Will and Bradshaw. He won't be sitting on my bench this week. If it was any other team than Detroit, I'd probably start him with confidence. And that's why I sat him this week. I figured Bradshaw would have a good game after what the Texans did to Indy last week. And I figured Williams would get his. My team sucks so I will definetly start him from here on out and see what happens.

D Will and Bradshaw. He won't be sitting on my bench this week. If it was any other team than Detroit, I'd probably start him with confidence. And that's why I sat him this week. I figured Bradshaw would have a good game after what the Texans did to Indy last week. And I figured Williams would get his. My team sucks so I will definetly start him from here on out and see what happens.

i view him playing for the Lions as a positive for fantasy purposes. They need players to rely on.

Look at the RB's on Indy or NO... When do Addai or PT ever have games that will single handedly win you a week? They don't need to because their teams rely on Peyton and Brees.

Its guys like CJ, MJD, Ray Rice who are relied on more so than their QB. Same with Charles in the 2nd half of 2009.

instead of making a new thread, i will use this one because it serves the dual purpose of embarrassing the OP and asking the question i have.

What are your thoughts on Best going forward? My opinion is he will have some monster weeks and also some real bad weeks. I would think a good defense would stack the box and contain him especially with the horror show at QB. I see him as a matchups play

instead of making a new thread, i will use this one because it serves the dual purpose of embarrassing the OP and asking the question i have.

What are your thoughts on Best going forward? My opinion is he will have some monster weeks and also some real bad weeks. I would think a good defense would stack the box and contain him especially with the horror show at QB. I see him as a matchups play

i thought the EXACT same thing...so I left him on my bench against a supposedly stout Philly defense. Dude looks like Chris Johnson, i don't think I'm benching him again this season....not even on his bye week. I got burned 59 times this pas weekend, not happening again. :nono:

'I would think a good defense would stack the box and contain him especially with the horror show at QB. I see him as a matchups play '

Sure they can do that. I don't think he's going to put up a great ypc with a ton of carries but how are they going to stop the screen passes?

He's electric, plays in a dome, get's the goal line carries and will play in all situations. I'm sold.

Now that said Detroit is still Detroit and he will have down weeks...as will all players. CJ2K included.

i thought the EXACT same thing...so I left him on my bench against a supposedly stout Philly defense. Dude looks like Chris Johnson, i don't think I'm benching him again this season....not even on his bye week. I got burned 59 times this pas weekend, not happening again. :nono:

yeah, he was unbelievable. I looked at the stats from chicago and he didnt have great YPC and also lost his QB so i couldnt start him either. Maybe Philly D isnt who we thought they were

'I would think a good defense would stack the box and contain him especially with the horror show at QB. I see him as a matchups play '

Sure they can do that. I don't think he's going to put up a great ypc with a ton of carries but how are they going to stop the screen passes?

He's electric, plays in a dome, get's the goal line carries and will play in all situations. I'm sold.

Now that said Detroit is still Detroit and he will have down weeks...as will all players. CJ2K included.

thats a good point. His worst case scenario would at least include some yardage from pass catching (i hope)

yeah, he was unbelievable. I looked at the stats from chicago and he didnt have great YPC and also lost his QB so i couldnt start him either. Maybe Philly D isnt who we thought they were

I'm leaning that way now...but that Sports Science thing they did during halftime of the game tonight shows something...Best has off the charts speed, and great moves to boot. I don't think he'll last as a 20 touch a game guy, but i'm not benching him again.

I know who's going to start him this week against Minnesota and who are you starting him over?

I was thinking of giving up on Charles and going with Best, but I may give Charles one more shot since JBs gotta tough matchup.

Maybe I gotta go with %s though. Best will have more touches which means he'll have more chances at just breaking one long one. Charles has less chances of breaking a long one...ahh!

i can't believe the best owners here who STILL have sweaty palms about starting him. jesus h. christmas! man up!

could he have a bad game next week? of course. ANY PLAYER COULD. but at this point if he's on your roster, he's a must start.

and if you're not going to start him please trade him to me.

good grief.

enough stupid talk!

He won't be coming out of my lineup any time soon, but I think it would be foolish to expect Minnesota to give up huge receiving yards to Best this week. The Lions were taking what the Eagle defense was giving them. They were double-covering Calvin and Burleson rolled an ankle on the the first play. The game plan was to get Burleson the ball early and often this week so coverage would loosen up on Calvin. When Burleson went down, coverage stayed tight on Calvin, which opened up the middle of the field for Best and Pettigrew to get a bunch of passes and yards. It was a great job of improvisation by the coaching staff, and it nearly translated to a win.

All that said - there will be a new game plan this week which may not involve relying so heavily upon Best. At least there should be. Obviously the Lions have the tools to exploit a soft middle. It's up to the Vikes to take that away, and if they do Calvin will finally get his. If they choose to put a linebacker on Best, God help them.

I don't think this guy will last long this year. Besides those two TDs, he had a 1.5 YPC average. That's definitely not going to make a long lasting impression in the NFL.

He'll be on the bench next week.

Anybody else you don't like? So I can pick them up. :doublethumbsup:

I was stupid enough to bench him Sunday. I still won but was mad cause I over analyzed his status. You can do that in Fantasy sports. I should have just gone with my gut. It's not like I have Peterson and CJ as RB's. I have guys that can get the job done and that's what Moreno (the guy I put in for Best)did. But that kid seems to be something special so he's not leaving the line up for a little bit.

He was integral to me winning in the one league where I have him on a roster, he will keep starting too.....

I was stupid enough to bench him Sunday. I still won but was mad cause I over analyzed his status. You can do that in Fantasy sports. I should have just gone with my gut. It's not like I have Peterson and CJ as RB's. I have guys that can get the job done and that's what Moreno (the guy I put in for Best)did. But that kid seems to be something special so he's not leaving the line up for a little bit.

I did the same... except I lost. Benched BeAst for Brandon Jackson and Moss on Revis Island for Bowe. I'm so smart!