Sign in to follow this  
Bro

Buy Low, Sell High

I'm selling Darren McFadden and buying Jamaal Charles. Who are you guys looking to move?

i'm looking to unload MSW and/or clayton to any of a number of teams that are getting desperate for WR2s.

haven't pegged my but lows yet.

I'm selling high on McFadden and Hightower and buying low on Michael Turner and Anquan Boldin (I believe he's a top 10 WR than can be acquired at a decent price. Plus weeks 14-16 he plays @HOU, NO, @CLE which boasts well for his fantasy playoff production).

What everyones thoughts on Santana Moss and Greg Jennings?

Is Santana Moss a sell high candidate or is he for real? He has been a real gem in my PPR leagues and after this week I'm thinking with D. McNabb he could be in line for a huge season.

Greg Jennings worries me. Last year I paid the price for him thinking he was going to blow up and this year I drafted a bit later thinking he was good value as a #1 receiver in a fantastic offence. He seems to be very inconsistent because of the way Rodgers move the ball. Should I consider moving him now? I think I could certainly get someone like Anquan Boldin, Chad Ochocinco or Wes Welker. Am I crazy? Overreacting to one bad game or should I expect more of what I got last year?

Is Santana Moss a sell high candidate or is he for real? He has been a real gem in my PPR leagues and after this week I'm thinking with D. McNabb he could be in line for a huge season.

Greg Jennings worries me. Last year I paid the price for him thinking he was going to blow up and this year I drafted a bit later thinking he was good value as a #1 receiver in a fantastic offence. He seems to be very inconsistent because of the way Rodgers move the ball. Should I consider moving him now? I think I could certainly get someone like Anquan Boldin, Chad Ochocinco or Wes Welker. Am I crazy? Overreacting to one bad game or should I expect more of what I got last year?

I'm actually quite high on both of those guys at this point in time, especially in PPR. I agree that McNabb will continue to have success and Santana Moss will be a large benefactor. He's a great value pick like Mason was last year. As for Jennings, I think that his floor for the year is around the 12 spot among wideouts while his ceiling is in the top 3. He's an amazing talent who is now very polished. The reason he disappointed last season was because of the Packer's O-line woes while trying to get him the ball down the field. Over the last several weeks tho, GB started to throw him more short and intermediate balls and his receptions went up. They should continue that trend this year. He will have some lows here and there because Rodgers can always find an open man if defenses key in too much on Jennings. However, Andre Johnson had 6 PPR points week 1, so you can't judge a receiver by a random bad game here or there.

Mendenhall is probably a good buy low since he's not posting amazing numbers without a QB to speak of. The Steelers were down to Charlie freaking Batch yesterday and it was ugly. Once Big Ben returns and gives that offense a spark you're talking about a RB who gets all the touches and has the talent to make use of 'em. I'd love to say Charles also, but unless Thomas Jones gets injured I don't see a-hole Haley giving him any more touches, despite the fact he's so talented.

Couple guys I'm eyeing as buy lows.

Ray Rice: Ravens have played the Jets and Bengals back to back. I see better days ahead and if you are high on Rice; right now is your best shot to get him.

Roddy White:You might be thinking why is he buy low? His owners may not value him as much as I do. I think he ends up #1 WR in fantasy this year. He gets stoopid amount of targets and Roddy is a STUD. People have a high value on him right now, but he is still under valued if you ask me.

Zach Miller: Somewhat slow start. He can be had fairly easily and I think it will pay off.

Ahmad Bradshaw: He's had two decent games. Last night the Giants played catch up mode and he sorta got left out. He is the unquestioned number one guy and is very talented. I see him blowing up the next few weeks.

Mike Wallace:Once Rapelisbereger gets back he will be money. Long term buy low.

I'm selling MSW, LT2, Thomas Jones, Bears WR's.

I'm selling Darren McFadden and buying Jamaal Charles. Who are you guys looking to move?

Who would you be willing to give for Charles?? I cant see him being a good player to target. Charles owners are not going to give him away yet he is really only a backup running back. Unless you can either get him for cheap id stay away or if you have him and someone offers you a great package deal id sell. Unless Jones gets hurt Charles is risky start.

from CBS:

Jamaal Charles, RB KC

News: Kansas City RB Jamaal Charles did not receive his first carry in the Week 2 win over the Browns until the third possession. The team instead went with Thomas Jones as the feature back, and Jones made the big plays with the game on the line late as well. While Jones rushed 21 times for 82 yards, Charles managed just 11 touches for 49 yards in the game. Charles also had one catch for 27 yards and did not score in the game. Afterwards, Charles admitted to the Kansas City Star that he's the backup to Jones.

Who would you be willing to give for Charles?? I cant see him being a good player to target. Charles owners are not going to give him away yet he is really only a backup running back. Unless you can either get him for cheap id stay away or if you have him and someone offers you a great package deal id sell. Unless Jones gets hurt Charles is risky start.

I still have faith that he's going to get more touches as the season progresses, which may be misguided. I think you can get him cheap if the owner is really down on the his touch total, like some of the posters on this board.

Buying low

J. Charles .. I think he is going to get some good stats later in the season.

V-Jax - Im trying to offload Mark Clayton for him now. I think he will be worth it later in the year

R. Moss - Hoping someone panics and feels he's not worth that first round pick they spent

Beanie Wells - Since he's missed 2 games hoping someone is nervous and might trade him

Others Id love to get if the owner was an idiot ... MJD, Rice, Gore.

Selling high

Snelling .. drafted as a backup, nice trade bait to a Turner owner

Mike Sims-Walker .. needed this big game to dangle the carrot in front of someone

Mark Clayton ... could be nice trade bait for someone who is looking at just the first 2 weeks stats.

Trying to get DeAngelo Williams.

I have Stewart so Id feel ok about that situation there and roll with Williams.

I can't help but feel I should sell high on Wes Welker.

He is playing just over half the snaps and has had 3 td's to give him impressive numbers, but i doubt the td's continue to come at the same rate.

I can't help but feel I should sell high on Wes Welker.

He is playing just over half the snaps and has had 3 td's to give him impressive numbers, but i doubt the td's continue to come at the same rate.

He had only 4 TDs the entire year last year. He and Brady are in sync thats for sure or atleast for most the game until it comes down to must do time :thumbsdown:

Buy Low

Ray Rice - as my pal KSB mentioned, he played the Jets and Bengals which is no easy task for a RB. Yet he still put up passable PPR numbers. Now is your best chance to get him.

Randy Moss - should be much more explosive weeks ahead

Jamal Charles - depends how much you have to give up but the Chiefs won these past two games with defense, special teams, and rain. Once they need to score, i think they will realize Charles needs more touches. Thomas Jones is not going to win them games.

Jermichael Finley - no TD's yet means you might be able to get him from an impatient owner

Sell High

MSW - i wouldnt expect many more 10 reception weeks

Arian Foster - if you can still get a great price for him

Brandon Jackson - before they trade for someone

Hakeem Nicks - Hear me out. I would look to sell very high in PPR leagues. Someone will be in love with the fact he has 4 touchdowns without realizing he only has 6 receptions. I think the Giants will make an effort to get Smith more involved. Now, I'm not saying Nicks is a must sell, I love his potential, but you may be able to snag a better talent right now.

Buy Low

Ray Rice - as my pal KSB mentioned, he played the Jets and Bengals which is no easy task for a RB. Yet he still put up passable PPR numbers. Now is your best chance to get him.

Randy Moss - should be much more explosive weeks ahead

Jamal Charles - depends how much you have to give up but the Chiefs won these past two games with defense, special teams, and rain. Once they need to score, i think they will realize Charles needs more touches. Thomas Jones is not going to win them games.

Jermichael Finley - no TD's yet means you might be able to get him from an impatient owner

Sell High

MSW - i wouldnt expect many more 10 reception weeks

Arian Foster - if you can still get a great price for him

Brandon Jackson - before they trade for someone

Hakeem Nicks - Hear me out. I would look to sell very high in PPR leagues. Someone will be in love with the fact he has 4 touchdowns without realizing he only has 6 receptions. I think the Giants will make an effort to get Smith more involved. Now, I'm not saying Nicks is a must sell, I love his potential, but you may be able to snag a better talent right now.

And here is how you know I am 0-2. I have 3 guys on your buy low list (Moss, Charles, Rice) and one on your sell high list (Jackson, though I was looking to trade him as soon as I picked him up).

Own him in a non ppr league and quite pleased so far.

Why would the Giants make an effort to get Smith more involved and not Nicks?

And here is how you know I am 0-2. I have 3 guys on your buy low list (Moss, Charles, Rice) and one on your sell high list (Jackson, though I was looking to trade him as soon as I picked him up).

Yup im about to be 0-4 :wall: My team has been projected to score about 115 each week and i can barely break 80 :( Have Cutler sitting on my bench score about 28 pts each week while Romo gets me about 18. My 7 bench players out scored my 9 starters by 10 pts. I SUCK

Own him in a non ppr league and quite pleased so far.

Why would the Giants make an effort to get Smith more involved and not Nicks?

right, in non PPR i think you sit tight. But in PPR, you may be able to steal a slightly underperforming guy.

After this weeks loss, I think the Giants will look to get their possession receiver back in the mix a little more. That would be Steve Smith.

I've got a feeling Vincent Jackson might reach Minnesota, as Sidney Rice's injury was at one point supposedly very serious and possibly season-ending. Your league's Vjax owner might prefer a warm, semi-productive body to holding on to a stash with no guarantees. All Favre wants is a huge target to air it up for and Vincent Jackson would fit that bill perfectly.

I like forsett as a buy low. His stat line this year:

Week 1: 7 att, 43 yds

Week 2: 8 att, 44 yds

Julius jones:

Week 1: 8 att, 18 yds

Week 2: 4 att, 12 yds

Leon Washington:

Week 1: 6 att, 12 yds

Week 2: 4 att, 17 yds

Everyone knows that forsett is the best back on that team and Pete will eventually give him the load. Forsett proved last year that when you give him enough carries he'll produce big numbers. He's averaging 5.8 ypc this year compared to jones' 2.5 and washingtons 2.9.

The forsett owner in my league has been shopping him and I'm gonna offer bjax. Hopefully he bites.

Sell high on BEst and Sims Walker for a great QB and decent RB!

Elaborate on why you would sell Best. He is extremely talented and does not have to split carries, gets touches near the goal line, can score from anywhere on the field, catches passes..

What could you possibly not like about him? The only thing I see is injury, and trying to predict injury is just silly.

I like moss gotta believ this is his year to push through 1400 9 TDs?? He finally has a legit qb and mcnabb looks in great shape it would depend on who you could get. I have him and have no plans of dropping him but then again with Wayne, Boldin and Ochocinco i think my wr trading is done anyway

Sell High - McNabb, Hightower (if anyones buyin that... thanks for the 2 great weeks but your no good when Wells is back)

Buy Low - Ray Rice, MJD

A lot of these buy lows are pretty big names. Tough to do in experienced leagues. Two great receivers who will play well down the road, and who I think you can get right now for next to nothing, are Steve Smith (NYG) and Mike Wallace.

Buy low- Dez Bryant

- Witten hurting, Roy fumbling, put up great numbers being involved in a handful of plays on top of a 0-2 start. I give it 2 weeks and he'll be a full time starter

If you are looking to gauge Bests value, i had someone looking to trade Larry Fitzgerald for him. Also I had talks with the Peyton Manning owner about his QB but that would include Best and Calvin or Andre Johnson with Bowe coming back along with Peyton.

I have some extra depth at WR or I would seriously consider Best for Fitz. I would rather slot Smith (NY) or Williams (TB) as my #3 and keep Best to rotate with Forte and Pierre.

Buy low- Dez Bryant

- Witten hurting, Roy fumbling, put up great numbers being involved in a handful of plays on top of a 0-2 start. I give it 2 weeks and he'll be a full time starter

^this^

I traded Best for Gore straight up after week 1 (fortunately the trade didnt' go through until this week) so I had best for week 2.

All in all, I think it's an improvement - gore's schedule is easier than best's

hahaha

If i would have asked this question after week 2 last year i probably would have gotten the same reaction:

Would you trade Ray Rice for Matt Forte?

If you are looking to gauge Bests value, i had someone looking to trade Larry Fitzgerald for him. Also I had talks with the Peyton Manning owner about his QB but that would include Best and Calvin or Andre Johnson with Bowe coming back along with Peyton.

I have some extra depth at WR or I would seriously consider Best for Fitz. I would rather slot Smith (NY) or Williams (TB) as my #3 and keep Best to rotate with Forte and Pierre.

I just offered Fitz for Best in a non-PPR league, but I doubt I'll get him.

A lot of these buy lows are pretty big names. Tough to do in experienced leagues. Two great receivers who will play well down the road, and who I think you can get right now for next to nothing, are Steve Smith (NYG) and Mike Wallace.

having big names listed is less about getting them for nothing and more about getting them for less than they will eventually be worth this season (we think).

Couple guys I'm eyeing as buy lows.

Roddy White:You might be thinking why is he buy low? His owners may not value him as much as I do. I think he ends up #1 WR in fantasy this year. He gets stoopid amount of targets and Roddy is a STUD. People have a high value on him right now, but he is still under valued if you ask me.

Ahmad Bradshaw: He's had two decent games. Last night the Giants played catch up mode and he sorta got left out. He is the unquestioned number one guy and is very talented. I see him blowing up the next few weeks.

Speaking as a guy who owns both players, I can tell you I'm not selling either of them low - especially White.

having big names listed is less about getting them for nothing and more about getting them for less than they will eventually be worth this season (we think).

low is a relative term.