Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Who benched Forte?

Just traded him away!

Yup i traded him away in a deal to get Chris Johnson :unsure: Chris Johnson has not been very good lately. Neither has Forte until today.

I benched him in two leagues too.... what the heck is going on in that game - carolina bad or forte good?

This was a nice surprise, switched him back in last night.

Of course, I am playing AGAINST him for the 1st time this year.......sheeeeeeesh

I traded him away for R Brown. I would have benched him for torain.

Traded him this week for ronnie brown and Roy Williams to a division team. Fools gold today. Now my opponent in the division will start him every week hoping for a game like today and end up with 5 points from him most weeks

:wave:

for Bradshaw

1st week I decided to play Bradshaw over Forte :wall:

Just traded him away!

I benched him for Fred Jackson in one league and traded him for Tony Romo in another (Vick was my starter).

I benched him for Fred Jackson in one league and traded him for Tony Romo in another (Vick was my starter).

Yep. Benched for Fred Jackson in one and Bradshaw in another.

He's starting to trend like a boom or bust option. Someone with better overall stats than their week to week value.

Why would you bench him? Everyone knew he was going to be the focal point of that offense with Todd f'n Collins under center. Granted, I didn't expect that kind of game, but I did start him over Best with confidence.

....Unfortunately, so did three of my opponents in other leagues, and I'm getting blown out in all but one matchup. :doh:

Anyone who owned Forte as a rookie is probably less likely to bench him. The sophomore a slump happens. The guy has skills and with Martz calling playing, he was a solid draft pick. Regardless of the shaky o-line.

i tried to bench him but i was too late since the rosters locked by the time i could sign on. I knew Beanie would run wild on a weak NO run D and that Carolina would stack the box with Cutler out.

So pissed i couldnt make the switch and bench Forte for Beanie :ninja:

I benched him for Fred Jackson. My reasoning was Buffalo is rushing for 4+ ypc and Jax is giving up 4+ ypc. Chicago is rushing for 2.x ypc and Carolina was only giving up 3.3 ypc. I figured if anything Carolina would stack the run all day with Collins at QB, and Jackson would have something to prove.

I also picked up Mercedes Lewis and didn't have the balls to start him (went with Zach Miller). So my RB gut call gets trounced and not going with my gut in Lewis proves to be bad also. Sometimes it's just bad timing, luck, etc. Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

I'm considering the sell high trade after todays monster performance. I'd like to have Mathews. Would that be a fair trade? He also has Tolbert on his roster. Or, should I sit tight and ride it out?

Why would you bench him? Everyone knew he was going to be the focal point of that offense with Todd f'n Collins under center. Granted, I didn't expect that kind of game, but I did start him over Best with confidence.

This. No Cutler=More Forte.

I traded for Forte after last week (LT for Forte + Felix) and started him with confidence. I think it was a nice buy low and expect both Forte and Felix to put up decent numbers the rest of the way.

I'm considering the sell high trade after todays monster performance. I'd like to have Mathews. Would that be a fair trade? He also has Tolbert on his roster. Or, should I sit tight and ride it out?

What in the world would make you want Mathews over Forte?

Cutler or Collins Forte is always a solid start this year. Anyone who drafted him should have known they were getting a steal. He didn't get his yards via Martz fashion this week, but it showed commitment to him even if it's not screens. I know I was stoked when I got him, he is the perfect example of why projections are 'tarded. I think he is also a sell even kinda guy if you are looking for a WR. I am thinking about testing those waters.

Honestly though, MArshall FAulk was really not the most talented back in the league when he was destroying, he just had his OC's confidence. And Chester fumbled at the goal line this week. What's not to like?

What in the world would make you want Mathews over Forte?

I don't. I really don't know what I was thinking. He'll have some stinkers no doubt, but I'm keeping him.

Cutler or Collins Forte is always a solid start this year. Anyone who drafted him should have known they were getting a steal. He didn't get his yards via Martz fashion this week, but it showed commitment to him even if it's not screens. I know I was stoked when I got him, he is the perfect example of why projections are 'tarded. I think he is also a sell even kinda guy if you are looking for a WR. I am thinking about testing those waters.

Honestly though, MArshall FAulk was really not the most talented back in the league when he was destroying, he just had his OC's confidence. And Chester fumbled at the goal line this week. What's not to like?

He put up 4.3 and 5.3 points the past 2 weeks in one of my leagues.

If he was trending solid he wouldn't have seen the bench.

And if Cutler is out again, for whatever reason, his QB just threw for 32 yds and 4 picks. I'd say that's a reason to stack the box.

I also do not like at all his week 15/16 against Minn and the NYJ.

What I do like is that he has a few very friendly RB friendly match ups on his schedule and appears to have his burst if they would just commit to giving him some carries. After the Cutler sack debacle and Forte's recent performance maybe they will.

Fantasy friendly opponents in my estimation include: Seattle(next week), Buffalo, Philly, Detroit, and NE.

Benched him for Best and LT2. Like someone mentioned, he was trending down. Yeah, I figured he'd get more carries with Cutler out, but I was taking a "wait and see" approach. Fortunately, my opponent shat the bed, so I didn't need Forte's points anyway.

I benched him for Torain....I really figured they would HAVE to use him for blocking since their Oline crapped the bucket versus the GMen last week.....this may be a headache every week.

May want to trade him for someone who is more consistent, even someone like Benson

I benched him for Torain....I really figured they would HAVE to use him for blocking since their Oline crapped the bucket versus the GMen last week.....this may be a headache every week.

May want to trade him for someone who is more consistent, even someone like Benson

Yeah I agree with that.

I don't typically make any deals, so may approach may simply be to make him a matchup play moving forward. Of course now might be a good time to offer him up again.

Yeah I agree with that.

I don't typically make any deals, so may approach may simply be to make him a matchup play moving forward. Of course now might be a good time to offer him up again.

Fools Gold. When Cutler comes back he won't get the carries. They also won't play Carolina each week. His playoff matchup makes him bench fodder as well.

RB: MJD: 10

RB: Bradshaw: 11

Flex: Charles: 10

Bench: Forte: 39 :doh:

Maybe guys who owned him as a rookie have an appreciation of his talent and may tend to be patient with him.

Those of us who only owned him last year however, we probably react more angrily after the suckage of a game like the one vs the Giants.

In hindsight of course, that was a good match up.