Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Miami Heat sucxors

You put Shaq in his prime on the Cavs with LeBron and they win a title I think... I'm not saying the heat have tipped the scales, I'm talking about the outfall of having all of these 'superteams' overtime...It will really hurt the league

Well Shaq won with Wade all be it due to maybe the biggest collapse of all time in a finals by Dallas.

Lebron just has no real drive - all the talent any player could ever have just too damn full of himself. As cocky as Jordan was or acted he was never full of himself until AFTER he did what he said he would do. He was also maybe the greatest player at head games next maybe Bird ever.

I can't find it now, but I thought I saw a stat last night on the ESPN scroll that stated the Heat have the worst shooting percentage when trailing at the end of games. :choke:

And they've got exactly one win against the top teams in the league. Just one.

:overhead:

I figured it would take a few losses in a row to have this thread bumped again. :doublethumbsup:

Then the Heat will rattle off 10 straight wins and it will return to :crickets:

You guys are so predictable. :cheers:

I figured it would take a few losses in a row to have this thread bumped again. :doublethumbsup:

They have a bunch of suck teams coming up in the schedule ?

I was waiting for this thread to be bumped again. It had been a few weeks since I'd given a pro athlete a bj and my mouth was aching for it :doublethumbsup:

Hopefully the Heat don't rattle off 10 straight wins, returning this thread to :crickets:, thus drying up my easy access to pro athlete c*ck.

I know. I'm so predictable. But I really like it. :cheers:

Fixed. :pointstosky:

I can't find it now, but I thought I saw a stat last night on the ESPN scroll that stated the Heat have the worst shooting percentage when trailing at the end of games. :choke:

And they've got exactly one win against the top teams in the league. Just one.

:overhead:

IMO they are being just a little too cute. Wade and LeBrick kick it to open players for those shots.....problem is those guys are Chalmers, Miller, etc.....very much role players...not closers. Its very predictable to let Bron sit out there and go one on one.......and ever notice he rarely if ever crosses over and goes the other way. Hes actually very easy to guard in those situations which is why he rarely makes the shots.

If its a one on one game Wade is far more difficult to guard......

The Mavericks got beat up by the Grizzlies the other night. Should we create a thread about how much the Mavs suck?

Or do all the top shelf NBA teams go through ebbs and flows over the course of a season? The Heat, along with the Celtics, Magic, and Bulls will be the teams to fight it out in the East. To play the Spurs, Lakers, or Mavs. There are about 7-8 teams that will have 55 - 65 wins and the playoffs will be fun to watch wilth all of them having a good shot to win.

But lets keep over-reacting to all things Miami Heat related. :thumbsup:

The Mavericks got beat up by the Grizzlies the other night. Should we create a thread about how much the Mavs suck?

Mavs record against NBA's best:

Lakers: 1-0

Spurs: 1-2 (1-0 with Dirk, 0-2 without Dirk)

Boston: 2-0

Orlando: 1-1 (1-0 with Dirk, 0-1 without Dirk)

Miami: 2-0

Chicago: 0-2

So 7-5 overall 7-2 with Dirk.

Miami's record against the best:

Boston: 0-2

Dallas: 0-2

Spurs: 0-1

Chicago: 0-3

Lakers: 1-0

Orlando: 2-2

So Miami is 3-10 against the elite. :thumbsup:

Or do all the top shelf NBA teams go through ebbs and flows over the course of a season? The Heat, along with the Celtics, Magic, and Bulls will be the teams to fight it out in the East. To play the Spurs, Lakers, or Mavs. There are about 7-8 teams that will have 55 - 65 wins and the playoffs will be fun to watch wilth all of them having a good shot to win.

But lets keep over-reacting to all things Miami Heat related. :thumbsup:

Great analysis. You just named half the playoff teams. :thumbsup:

Ebb and flow my ass. Look at how these teams have fared against one another this year. Miami has only beaten LA....they don't have a win against anybody else on this list. That's not ebb and flow...that's just being pretty mediocre.

But you're right. Miami will probably turn it on in the next few months. This is LeBron's time of year.

Also, unsure if I'd say the Mavs "got beat up" by the Grizz.

Zack Randolph hit a rainbow at the buzzer for a 1 point win. If that's "getting beat up" then what do we call a loss like the one the Spurs handed Miami?

Mavs are 18-2 in their past 20, both losses coming on shots at the buzzer.

Great analysis. You just named half the playoff teams. :thumbsup:

Ebb and flow my ass. Look at how these teams have fared against one another this year. Miami has only beaten LA....they don't have a win against anybody else on this list. That's not ebb and flow...that's just being pretty mediocre.

But you're right. Miami will probably turn it on in the next few months. This is LeBron's time of year.

It is? when?

if they were going to "turn it on" they would have done so back in january......we're in march now...you pretty much are the team you are.

IMO they are being just a little too cute.

That's what happens when you're more style than substance.

I would never let LeBron handle the ball in a last second situation.....think about that.

Anyway, LeBron should be on the wing for a kick out...and should be like the third or fourth guy you'd want to get the ball to. Let Wade create. Hell, I'd trust Chalmers more than LeBron down the stretch.

It is? when?

if they were going to "turn it on" they would have done so back in january......we're in march now...you pretty much are the team you are.

This is LeBron's time of year. This is the time of year when he starts thinking about making commercials in the offseason and the championships he'll win going forward.

Miami will probably turn it on in the next few months. This is LeBron Puppet's time of year.

Fixed.

This is LeBron's time of year. This is the time of year when he starts thinking about making commercials in the offseason and the championships he'll win going forward.

Ohhhhhh yes thats it. I thought it was basketball time....then i thought oh thats silly....he wouldnt think of that right now.

FEELING: i wouldnt let him handle it either....i agree. Hes a beast, no doubt, but not in that situation....if his guy can set up and lebron never crosses over.....hes not that difficult for those guys to guard.

Lebron is the most physically talented player in NBA history, but he gets tight in crunch time situations. Great crunch time players on the other hand, relax more when the game is on the line. They realize that there is no sense in worrying about things now. Things are simple. You just take your best shot and let the chips fall where they may.

The closest most of us come to this is in the taking of tests. "Bad test takers" can study their asses off and know all the material, but they get nervous (tight) when the test comes, thus forgetting some of what they knew while studying.....With good test takers, all the stress comes during the studying and preparation. Then once the test arrives, they relax totally because they know there is no sense in being stressed now. You either know it or you don't.

Lebron is a bad test taker. Wade on the other hand, is a good test taker.

Miami should ride Lebron for the first 3 quarters of every game when the stress levels are low. Then they should ride Wade late. It's so simple, but Lebron knows his image can't take the hit of not being "the man". Privately however, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd exhale a sigh of relief at the idea of someone else taking over late.

Lebron is the most physically talented player in NBA history, but he gets tight in crunch time situations. Great crunch time players on the other hand, relax more when the game is on the line. They realize that there is no sense in worrying about things now. Things are simple. You just take your best shot and let the chips fall where they may.

The closest most of us come to this is in the taking of tests. "Bad test takers" can study their asses off and know all the material, but they get nervous (tight) when the test comes, thus forgetting some of what they knew while studying.....With good test takers, all the stress comes during the studying and preparation. Then once the test arrives, they relax totally because they know there is no sense in being stressed now. You either know it or you don't.

Lebron is a bad test taker. Wade on the other hand, is a good test taker.

Miami should ride Lebron for the first 3 quarters of every game when the stress levels are low. Then they should ride Wade late. It's so simple, but Lebron knows his image can't take the hit of not being "the man". Privately however, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd exhale a sigh of relief at the idea of someone else taking over late.

I agree with most of that. Im not sure if he gets tight as much as his game isnt really made for those situations.

IMO Derrick Rose is those most physically gifted player in the league.... :banana:

Team with no inside game, character or leadership is struggling under the pressure of sky-high expectations?

Shocker.

I agree with most of that. Im not sure if he gets tight as much as his game isnt really made for those situations.

IMO Derrick Rose is those most physically gifted player in the league.... :banana:

You should get a fat head of him for over your bed

You should get a fat head of him for over your bed

Where will i put my Bieber one then? :dunno:

Wait......was that out loud? :ninja:

You should get a fat head for your bed

What did the birdwoman then do? She went out and found Newbie.

Team with no inside game, character or leadership is struggling under the pressure of sky-high expectations?

Shocker.

No kidding.

All the talk about how they're going to turn it on, or how easy LeBron is to guard because he doesn't have a crossover. Ay yi yi.

At the top of the key, James is typically guarded by guys who give up a minimum of 2" and somewhere around 30-40 lb. His game isn't predicated on his ability to out-quick them or trick them.

He relies on being able to steamroll down the lane in that scenario, which works great outside of the last 2:00 of a close game when teams really lock down on defense.

As for Wade handling the ball instead, it's more of the same. A shoot-first player going one-on-however-many-you-bring. Sure, it worked great when Shaq was his bailout. They don't have Shaq inside. Hell, they don't have Big Baby Glen Davis inside.

The Heat lose close games because, on the rare occassions that they actually run a set offense, it's the most rudimentary and predictable in the league. Why? Because they've got two guys that play the same role on offense; a low post presence who would rather be 15 ft from the hoop; and two other backup-caliber players on the floor.

The other component is their inability or unwillingness to play their roles on defense. Again, Wade and James have been allowed to freelance their entire basketball lives, using their otherworldly athleticism to fill passing lanes and gamble for steals. Problem is, in the NBA, you can't have two guys doing that. Wade leaving Deng vs Chicago for the winning 3 would have gotten a jr high player benched.

They're a poorly constructed team that has to be able to run to succeed. Their shortcomings will be further exposed in the playoffs. When the top teams get them in a halfcourt game, and need a hoop or a stop against them, they'll be able to get it.

No kidding.

All the talk about how they're going to turn it on, or how easy LeBron is to guard because he doesn't have a crossover. Ay yi yi.

At the top of the key, James is typically guarded by guys who give up a minimum of 2" and somewhere around 30-40 lb. His game isn't predicated on his ability to out-quick them or trick them.

He relies on being able to steamroll down the lane in that scenario, which works great outside of the last 2:00 of a close game when teams really lock down on defense.

As for Wade handling the ball instead, it's more of the same. A shoot-first player going one-on-however-many-you-bring. Sure, it worked great when Shaq was his bailout. They don't have Shaq inside. Hell, they don't have Big Baby Glen Davis inside.

The Heat lose close games because, on the rare occassions that they actually run a set offense, it's the most rudimentary and predictable in the league. Why? Because they've got two guys that play the same role on offense; a low post presence who would rather be 15 ft from the hoop; and two other backup-caliber players on the floor.

The other component is their inability or unwillingness to play their roles on defense. Again, Wade and James have been allowed to freelance their entire basketball lives, using their otherworldly athleticism to fill passing lanes and gamble for steals. Problem is, in the NBA, you can't have two guys doing that. Wade leaving Deng vs Chicago for the winning 3 would have gotten a jr high player benched.

They're a poorly constructed team that has to be able to run to succeed. Their shortcomings will be further exposed in the playoffs. When the top teams get them in a halfcourt game, and need a hoop or a stop against them, they'll be able to get it.

JT: I agree with the bottom part but not of the one on one scenario i talked about. I havent seen TWO guys come out and guard him late in games when he has the ball...in fact the last one he didnt, and against new york Carmelo freakin anthony locked him up and he cant guard the chair you are sitting in.

Hes big, hes fast...but if he doesnt have a running start....yes...he fairly predicatable.

Wouldn't that be the same as when u bumped it after their win streak? Or would that be pointing out the obvious

JT: I agree with the bottom part but not of the one on one scenario i talked about. I havent seen TWO guys come out and guard him late in games when he has the ball...in fact the last one he didnt, and against new york Carmelo freakin anthony locked him up and he cant guard the chair you are sitting in.

Hes big, hes fast...but if he doesnt have a running start....yes...he fairly predicatable.

You can't double at the top, except against undersized guards. Big guys should be able to see over it and make the play, as opposed to giving up the ball.

A crossover isn't going to change his fortunes against a collapsing defense. Passing would be great, but he only does that when he can stand stationary, pound the life out of the ball, and hit somebody for an open jumper.

In the thread about picking 8 players to build a team, James is on my list...along with the instruction that he NEVER be allowed to initiate the offense. He's a classic example of a talented player never being required to change his game to fit the talent around him. In high school, I'm sure he had the ball 80% of the time. Of course. Why not? But he should have learned something about operating within a system in college. Opting to join talented teams is what saves lots of young players; they have to adapt.

In Cleveland, he got to do whatever he wanted. It works great during the grind of the season. Not so great when you have to deal with quality teams in a do-or-die situation.

Ideally, with his size, speed and strength, James should be the most dominant front court player in the league. If he put less effort into handling the ball, and more into moving without it, we wouldn't be having this discussion. He could make any PG look good, but he's never learned how to do it.

It'll be very interesting 4-5 years from now when age/size take away some of his speed and he's suddenly a PF. I don't predict a smooth transition.

I noticed a glaring omission from all the posts....coaching.

LA and Boston have the best, which is why those two teams will face off in the finals again.

You can't double at the top, except against undersized guards. Big guys should be able to see over it and make the play, as opposed to giving up the ball.

A crossover isn't going to change his fortunes against a collapsing defense. Passing would be great, but he only does that when he can stand stationary, pound the life out of the ball, and hit somebody for an open jumper.

In the thread about picking 8 players to build a team, James is on my list...along with the instruction that he NEVER be allowed to initiate the offense. He's a classic example of a talented player never being required to change his game to fit the talent around him. In high school, I'm sure he had the ball 80% of the time. Of course. Why not? But he should have learned something about operating within a system in college. Opting to join talented teams is what saves lots of young players; they have to adapt.

In Cleveland, he got to do whatever he wanted. It works great during the grind of the season. Not so great when you have to deal with quality teams in a do-or-die situation.

Ideally, with his size, speed and strength, James should be the most dominant front court player in the league. If he put less effort into handling the ball, and more into moving without it, we wouldn't be having this discussion. He could make any PG look good, but he's never learned how to do it.

It'll be very interesting 4-5 years from now when age/size take away some of his speed and he's suddenly a PF. I don't predict a smooth transition.

Oh i agree.....but thats seems to be where he gets the ball in those late situations. Which is silly.

Teams collapse yes but other teams (Chicago for instance) just drove and kicked it to Deng for a 3 to beat them a few weeks ago.

I just dont understand why you dont have Wade come run screen and roll and lebron crashes from a wing if you are jsut dead set on running the same garbage every time. Hes just too athletic and big without the ball to keep him from getting near the ball IMO.

as much as I HATE Lebron to say he isn't the most physically gifted player ( maybe ever ) in the NBA is foolish.

What is sad is that Kobe and MJ would be more competetive over a game of checkers than Lebron in the Playoffs. And the way he talks about himself in the 3rd person in many interviews - what a douche. MJ never even did that -- MJ talked trash and talked alot of sh!t -- but MJ backed it up -- If you were rooting against the bulls and your team was up 1 but MJ had the ball in hands - tell me you would be "OH FOCK". James has no sense of urgency in him.

Uh oh Heat fans......Well i guess you cant miss a last second jumper if you get waxed on your home court and dont get the chance.

Theres 5 straight losses and the schedule just gets worse.

Webber on NBATV pointed out LeBrick and his talents will have to go 18-1 the rest of the way to match the best record he had with Cleveland.

Woops

B1tching about plays not getting called for them and blaming the coach in the media. Again.

link

So why was it a good idea to get these three guys together? SO that they all could complain about their roles on the team?

MIAMI -- In the midst of their worst losing streak of the season and under significant pressure and scrutiny, the Miami Heat are starting to show some cracks.

Chris Bosh complained about his season-long role in the team's offense in the wake of the Heat's 105-96 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday night, the Heat's fifth straight defeat.

"It is common sense, we can talk about it, but I think it's evident," Bosh said. "I just have to get it where I'm effective. I'm a big man. I can shoot the ball but I'm a big man. So I have to get it where big guys get it. Then I feel I can start helping out this team more."

Meanwhile, Dwyane Wade hinted that Heat coach Erik Spoelstra may need to re-evaluate the rotation. The Heat's bench was outscored 41-8 by the Blazers after scoring just six total points in last Sunday's loss to the Chicago Bulls. The team's rotation changed recently with the addition of point guard Mike Bibby, who signed last week.

"Hopefully guys can be aggressive and contribute more," Wade said. "There are guys on the bench that can help us, no question about it. That is all on coach. We've had guys like Eddie [House] help us win games and James Jones, etc. He's going to have to decide whether or not people are on the floor."

Bosh's comments came after one of his worst games of the season, scoring just seven points on 3-of-11 shooting. He was outplayed down the stretch by Blazers power forward LaMarcus Aldridge, who had 26 points.

At the center of Bosh's complaint was not getting more touches in the low post. As part of the Heat's offense this season, Bosh has operated out of the high post and taken mostly jump shots while being a screen-setter for teammates Wade and LeBron James. Bosh said he planned to raise the issue with teammates and Spoelstra.

"I've got to get back in my comfort zone, I haven't been in my comfort zone," Bosh said. "A lot of things are new for me. I just have to be more aggressive in demanding my [the ball] comfort zone, you know I'll take the fault for that... I'm effective down in the low post area, so that is where I need to start getting the ball. I need to be assertive in demanding it."

Bosh has seen his scoring average dip about six points a game this season as he'a getting about three fewer shots per game than he did with the Toronto Raptors. His shots, however, are quite different.

According to Synergy Sports, 50 percent of Bosh's shots have been jumpers this season. Last year, only 31 percent of his shots were jumpers.

Going public with his frustration may have been a carryover from Sunday, when Bosh scored 23 points on 9-of-14 shooting but only got one shot in the fourth quarter. Then against the Blazers, Bosh was guarded routinely by the smaller Gerald Wallace in the first half but the Heat did not call plays for him or look for him in the post.

"I'm saying what I need to do as a player, a closed mouth doesn't get fed," Bosh said. "I'm uncomfortable now so you might as well do something else. If there's a disagreement or something, that's fine, we can talk about it. If they don't want that, that's OK, but I just feel that I have to be my normal self. I'm not there right now. I haven't been there many times this season."

Heat Reaction

During the preseason, Bosh seemed to be on board with the new niche the Heat were carving out for him that didn't include as much time in the low post.

"I never really like to bump against people that are a lot, lot bigger than me," Bosh said in October. "I'm not the biggest guy in the world. Coach is going to put him in that position sometimes. He's not going to hang me out to dry. He's going to put me in there when we have an advantage."

Wade, who combined with James to score 69 of the Heat's 96 points in the loss, said he'll attempt to address Bosh's concerns.

"I think throughout this year we've all had spells where we wanted the ball more," Wade said.

"That is what we're used to. Whenever one of our teammates comes to us and says 'I can help us more in this situation' we'll do our best to make it happen. It's the time of the year when I know I'll be very aggressive and I know LeBron will be very aggressive. We have to figure out ways to help Chris to be more aggressive and understand this moment. It is our duty and our job to make sure at this time of year, when Chris hasn't been in too many of these situations, that Chris is more productive. He can be more productive for us."

I enjoy betting against them. Right now they're on an 8 game losing streak ATS, i've been on the last 3 of em. Im going to ride it out until they cover, cause those numbers will stay inflated. 9 point favorites against a red hot, well balanced Portland team? :doublethumbsup:

They take down the Lakers tomorrow and espn will start licking their twats again.

Then they will lose a game and they will "suck" again complete with a falling sky. Haven't you figured out how this works?

I noticed a glaring omission from all the posts....coaching.

LASan Antonio and Boston have the best, which is why those two teams will face off in the finals again.

fixed.

Then they will lose a game and they will "suck" again complete with a falling sky. Haven't you figured out how this works?

OMGG CHRIS BOSH HAD AN OFF NIGHT!! BAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

as much as I HATE Lebron to say he isn't the most physically gifted player ( maybe ever ) in the NBA is foolish.

I'd say Dwight Howard if you want to talk about Physicality... Ya Lebron is 6'8" 250 and can jump, but like it has been mentioned he's a steamroll type guy driving to the hoop, I wouldn't say his game is that refined...