Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Miami Heat sucxors

I love watching these guys fail. I hope LeBron second-guesses his "decision" every minute of every damn day.

Paul Pierce on Twitter after the Boston-Miami game:

"It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to south beach now on to Memphis,"

:thumbsup:

Linky

Celts aren't doing too bad considering they don't really have a FT big man......

I sure hope Perk comes back healthy later, and the O'Nei(a)l brothers can get healthy soon too.

KG looks healthier than he did all of last year.

I really wanted to start a new topic about this with a better title but i'll simply add my 2cents to this one.

Its focking hilarious watching Queen James and D-va Wade lose to the same teams they lost to when Lebron was in Cleveland. :lol:

I know, I know.. the athlete apologists will say

1. "No one expected them to win every game" - maybe not. but when you have a jackass decision special, followed by a retarded introduction spectacle in Miami... you better win a ton of fucking games.

2. "It will take time to gel!" - Bull. These guys are friends and supposedly the best in the game. The entire idea was James-Wade-Bosh simply wrecking the opposition.

3. "Boo Hoo its hard for those guys to do it without better support players" - Ya think? Funny how rational people were saying that back when this all went down. Apologists were slobbering over all the role player signings they made. Lol, Juwan Howard.

Thoughts about them saving it for the playoffs though? That was what Boston pretty much did last season. Over-rested Allen and Garnett to make sure they were as close to 100% as possible when playoffs came.

The trio could just be going 75% every night, knowing that no matter what they'll end up around 3rd or 4th seed in the East, and then go all out in the playoffs.

Thoughts about them saving it for the playoffs though? That was what Boston pretty much did last season. Over-rested Allen and Garnett to make sure they were as close to 100% as possible when playoffs came.

The trio could just be going 75% every night, knowing that no matter what they'll end up around 3rd or 4th seed in the East, and then go all out in the playoffs.

Nah

I am going to go ahead and say no. With all the criticism, mainly Bron, but the team as a whole took in the offseason, i think they came out wanting to just mow over the whole league. It's possible, but i seriously doubt it. We are just seeing why it will take them a while to win a ring. They need to learn how to compensate for the lack of size and depth of front, and i don't think they will do that this year. They can if they figure out how to max out each other's ability on the court. that clearly isn't even close to happening yet.

Highly doubtful. Wade, Bosh, and especially Lebron have a lot to prove after their conduct this summer and the criticism it drew. They'd like to rub everyone's faces in it by steamrolling the league, but unfortunately for them they just don't seem to have what it takes to do that.

Bump

woops forgot about the update.

Miami Heat just moved up from 3rd place in their division to 3rd place in their division.

that is all

As the season progresses this team will do nothing but get better. You don't create chemistry or 'gel' overnight. Mike Miller will be a great addition once he comes back. They do have a void at the Center position though. If I was Pat Riley I would be taking notes and getting ready for a trade deadline move. They don't need a star, but they do need an upgrade. Doubt they could get him away from the Suns but Robin Lopez would fit in great with this team. If not an up and comer maybe simply get some size for defense and rebounding. Roy Hibbert, Nazr Mohammed, a guy like that.

It will interesting to see how it plays out over the course of 82+ games.

As the season progresses this team will do nothing but get better. You don't create chemistry or 'gel' overnight. Mike Miller will be a great addition once he comes back. They do have a void at the Center position though. If I was Pat Riley I would be taking notes and getting ready for a trade deadline move. They don't need a star, but they do need an upgrade. Doubt they could get him away from the Suns but Robin Lopez would fit in great with this team. If not an up and comer maybe simply get some size for defense and rebounding. Roy Hibbert, Nazr Mohammed, a guy like that.

No clue why they haven't signed Eric Dampier.

He is a frustrating player if you signed him to big money coming off his 12pt-12reb season and expect anything like that again. But the guy sets picks like no other. He D's up ok on big guys. You never have to run a play for him.

No clue why they haven't signed Eric Dampier.

He is a frustrating player if you signed him to big money coming off his 12pt-12reb season and expect anything like that again. But the guy sets picks like no other. He D's up ok on big guys. You never have to run a play for him.

Have contacts in the Suns front office. They had high interest in Dampier. After bringing him in and evaluating his conditioning, they were leery. Even more so after talking with the guy. He doesn't appear particularly interested in playing, though he wouldn't mind receiving a paycheck.

If Dampier lands on a roster, I expect it to be as late as possible. He'd take less money for 20-30 games, rather than face having to play a full season.

Who are they going to trade? Their roster is paper-thin as it is. Haslem is their only effort guy.

They've cast their lot that the Big 3 are enough to make it work. Doesn't look to me like it is.

Who are they going to trade? Their roster is paper-thin as it is. Haslem is their only effort guy.

They've cast their lot that the Big 3 are enough to make it work. Doesn't look to me like it is.

We see 2016 second round draft picks and cash considerations for guys all the time in the NBA to move salary or whatnot.

For instance the Bobcats would prolly give up Mohammed or Diop for a frozen Turkey and a can of cranberry sauce right now so they don't have to pay him. Obvioulsy you won't get a star, but they will have options (albeit limited).

Nope. For one thing, you want home court advantage in the playoffs. Right now Miami might not have home court in even the first round. Second, Boston didn't rest those guys as much as you think. Pierce played 34 min/game and Allen 35.

We see 2016 second round draft picks and cash considerations for guys all the time in the NBA to move salary or whatnot.

For instance the Bobcats would prolly give up Mohammed or Diop for a frozen Turkey and a can of cranberry sauce right now so they don't have to pay him. Obvioulsy you won't get a star, but they will have options (albeit limited).

Yeah, but if the Heat aren't producing as anticipated (ie running away with the East) it becomes a HUGE sellers market. They'll have to pony up assets that they really can't afford for players that may or may not be much help.

They'll have put themselves behind the 8 ball and I'll be glad to see it.

woops forgot about the update.

Miami Heat just moved up from 3rd place in their division to 3rd place in their division.

that is all

Since you are so into standings, orlando is second in the east with a record of 7-3. Miami is so far behind that their record is a dismal 7-4. A whole half game behind.

That is not what Boston did last season. Garnett was hurt to start the season. Pierce got hurt during the season and Allen was stinking it up during the first half. Rondo was still trying to establish himself as being the true leader on the floor.

Garnett and Pierce got healthy, Rondo got everyone to gel and Allen found his shooting game at the tail end of the season.

and Allen found his shooting game at the tail end of the season.

Too bad he lost it again in the playoffs :mad:

I didn't catch the final score of last nights game, but I did hear that the Heat had 38 free throws to the Pacers 13. :thumbsdown:

With that BS referee advantage, I assume Miami won by 20-30 points. Right?

I didn't catch the final score of last nights game, but I did hear that the Heat had 38 free throws to the Pacers 13. :thumbsdown:

With that BS referee advantage, I assume Miami won by 20-30 points. Right?

Pacers raped them by around 20, Wade was 1/13 fgs.

I expected them to start slow, but back to back losses to Memphis and Indy? Didn't really expect that.

Reports today that Eric Dampier is taking his...um,ok, we'll call them talents...to South Beach.

Hallelujah! The Savior has arrived!!

Reports today that Eric Dampier is taking his...um,ok, we'll call them talents...to South Beach.

Hallelujah! The Savior has arrived!!

Though he is the definition of mediocre, the Heat could really use him, especially with Haslem maybe out for a while.

And this team was supposed to challenge the bulls 72-10 season?

Awesome

They could still go 64-1 the rest of the way :unsure: