Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Eric Mangina Fired

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP)—The Minnesota Vikings fired Brad Childress on Monday, cutting ties with a head coach who had come under increasing fire from his players—and his boss—for everything from their horrid start to his 1-2 playoff record and his abrupt decisions.

Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier will serve as interim head coach for the remainder of the season.

Childress, who was just 3-9 against the rival Packers as Minnesota coach, was sharply critical of Favre’s decision-making afterward, and the coach drew his own criticism for failing to challenge a Packers touchdown catch that could’ve been overturned because the ball was being bobbled.

Then the situation really went south following a loss at New England. Wide receiver Randy Moss(notes), acquired in a trade for a third-round draft pick just four weeks earlier, went out of his way to praise the Patriots and criticize Childress in a post-game rant.

The next day, Childress told his players he had cut Moss and never fully explained the situation to them or the public. Wilf was reportedly angry that Childress didn’t tell him first of his plan, and there were anonymous reports of growing dissatisfaction in the locker room about the boss. Childress and Harvin got into a heated argument during one practice over an MRI test on his sprained ankle.

Pick the next coach to be fired:

1. John Fox

2. Josh McDaniels

3. Mike Singletary

4. Marvin Lewis

3. Mike Singletary

I was waiting for this. This made my whole day.

Now let's see what happens with Favruh.

NFL is like one big Soap Opera this year.

:wub:

I was waiting for this. This made my whole day.

Now let's see what happens with Favruh.

NFL is like one big Soap Opera this year.:wub:

Meybe you is a chick :unsure:

Nah, hi newbie :wave:

Dammit, I really wanted him to still be coaching when the Giants play them in 3 weeks. I guess that says everything that there is to say about his coaching. :music_guitarred:

Marvin Lewis is a horrible coach. He should be next.

Agreed. Probably the most overrated coach in football.

1. John Fox

2. Josh McDaniels

3. Mike Singletary

4. Marvin Lewis

Who do the Packers play next, they are 2 for their last 2 games. :shocking:

Meybe you is a chick :unsure:

Nah, hi newbie :wave:

I love that I'm so inside your head. :wave:

It's not me, but I think agree with you. If this Nikki was a chick, she'd post a picture, and not a half-assed headless one that could easily be a boy.

Who do the Packers play next, they are 2 for their last 2 games. :shocking:

I think Mike Smith is safe.

It's not me, but I think agree with you. If this Nikki was a chick, she'd post a picture, and not a half-assed headless one that could easily be a boy.

1. Maybe Nikki doesn't want a bunch of knuckle-draggers gawking at her boobs.

2. Maybe Nikki won't go on a message board and post anything that could identify her IRL after posting such things as "Can you look down and see if you have pubes yet?" as said things could end her up in an unemployment line which is not really where she sees her career going at the moment.

Nikki is also confused why people need to keep talking about her. And she wonders why other people don't have similar concerns with posting pictures of themselves on a public message board after some of the sh!t that transpires here. A guy from my current client just got fired for saying he wanted to bang black chicks in a bar after work.

But I guess such things aren't a concern for those who work at the 7-11 or already have no job.

I really think I'm going to make a new account and start over pretending I'm a guy.

Who are you? :dunno:

1. Maybe Nikki doesn't want a bunch of knuckle-draggers gawking at her boobs.

2. Maybe Nikki won't go on a message board and post anything that could identify her IRL after posting such things as "Can you look down and see if you have pubes yet?" as said things could end her up in an unemployment line which is not really where she sees her career going at the moment.

Nikki is also confused why people need to keep talking about her. And she wonders why other people don't have similar concerns with posting pictures of themselves on a public message board after some of the sh!t that transpires here. A guy from my current client just got fired for saying he wanted to bang black chicks in a bar after work.

But I guess such things aren't a concern for those who work at the 7-11 or already have no job.

I really think I'm going to make a new account and start over pretending I'm a guy.

Who doesn't want to bang black chicks in a bar? And after work?;)

Ugh. Every thread at FFT is Northern Vike chasing around Nikki accusing her of being Newbie. :thumbsdown:

Can we have Recliner Pilot and Flahawker political threads back? :rolleyes:

Ugh. Every thread at FFT is Northern Vike chasing around Nikki accusing her of being Newbie. :thumbsdown:

Can we have Recliner Pilot and Flahawker political threads back? :rolleyes:

Sorry hun..... your thread got a big dump taken on it.

Pick a new name for me and make it sound really macho and tuff. This is beyond annoying now.

Well, it's not like there is anything else to do around this focking place. <_<

Pick a new name for me and make it sound really macho and tuff. This is beyond annoying now.

Mrs. Drobeski.

Pen!s McGee?

As a Packer fan, I'm sad. It was kinda like Wayne Fontes in Detroit - no matter how good they were, you know they wouldn't win it all.

Turns out sucky coaches like Phillips and Childress can overcome talent. It only took Switzer a year of coaching to destroy Dallas' dynasty - though even he couldn't keep the Boys from winning a title.

The Vikings won 10 games with Tavarris Jackson at QB two years ago and came close to making the Super Bowl last year, so I wouldn't put this entire mess on Childress. Where he really focked up was by begging Favre to come out of retirement and picking him up at the airport like a fvcking cabbie. He lost the respect of the locker room and when that happens your days are numbered.

1. John Fox

2. Josh McDaniels

3. Mike Singletary

4. Marvin Lewis

Immmmm gonna go out on a limb here and say that neither of the black coaches get fired. Just a hunch.

Immmmm gonna go out on a limb here and say that neither of the black coaches get fired. Just a hunch.

:mad: RACIST

McDaniels is going to get shittcanned.

:mad: RACIST

McDaniels is going to get shittcanned.

Not racism if its the truth. Singletary has a shitty team saddled with a shitty qb and should probably be given the chance to build his team.

Marvin Lewis may very well be the worst head coach in the league and if he were white he would have been fired long ago for ineptitude.

Not racism if its the truth. Singletary has a shitty team saddled with a shitty qb and should probably be given the chance to build his team.

Marvin Lewis may very well be the worst head coach in the league and if he were white he would have been fired long ago for ineptitude.

I was just fvcking with you. I totally agree with you on Lewis. His team is out of control and they suck. He needs to go.

1. John Fox

2. Josh McDaniels

3. Mike Singletary

4. Marvin Lewis

Ding ding...we have a winner. :banana:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—The Denver Broncos have fired coach Josh McDaniels, whose nearly two-year stint was marred by the Spygate II videotape scandal, a series of personnel blunders and the franchise’s worst skid in four decades.

Running backs coach Eric Studesville will serve as interim coach for the final month, succeeding McDaniels, 34, whose hiring by team owner Pat Bowlen in January 2009 is now viewed as a monumental mistake.

In a statement, team owner Pat Bowlen said: “My decision to relieve Josh McDaniels as head coach was not taken lightly. I will always be appreciative of his passion, enthusiasm and hard work, and I thank him for his efforts.”

Studesville and chief operating officer Joe Ellis will meet with the media Tuesday. There was no word on whether McDaniels would hold a farewell news conference.

Recriner Pirot.