Sign in to follow this  
BLS

There's not many bands who can do this

Something else not many bands but Great White could pull off... :(

Also, all-time understatement from Jack Russell at 0:47.

"Wow...that's not good"

Did anyone ever hear the Christmas song made up of Led Zeppelin songs? It was basically an instrumental mix of 15 or so Zeppelin songs. They'd play the main chorus of the Zeppelin song, then overlay a popular Christmas song over top of it. Pretty original.

Edit: Found it..it's called Yuletide Zeppelin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCXuyIXOj08

Cover Led Zeppelin and pull it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOV7kAGt1vs

Holy chit :shocking:

I can't believe that I've never heard this before...Focking incredible :headbanger:

Mark Kendall has always been one of my favorite guitarists from the 80's. His blues influenced playing fit perfectly for Great White.

For what it's worth, my favorite song from GW is Desert Moon. The video is almost better than the song given that it has Bobbi Brown in it. (The hottie from Warrants Cherry Pie vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl2-NND2suc

Holy Hell - Baba I'm gonna leave was good - BUT THIS was SPOT ON. :headbanger: :headbanger: :music_guitarred:

Russell and Kendall kicked some ass :headbanger:

Once again, thank you BLS. :cheers:

Grab a beer, light up a fatty and close your eyes....then listen to Page, Plant errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Great white :shocking: :shocking:

:music_guitarred: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Bp2qgj074&feature=related

I had no focken idea....thanks BLS :headbanger:

Pretty damn amazing :headbanger:

About time BLS did something constructive here.

Make sure you check this one out that I already posted:

(in case you missed it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bddULHM0bxM

I'll see your Great White and raise you a Zeppelin cover band with a reggae beat and an Elvis impersonator on lead vocals. :music_guitarred:

Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove.

Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing, gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting.

Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way, watch your honey drip, can't keep away.

:music_guitarred:

I think was an embarrassment and the time a feeble attempt to maintain popularity. I think it backfired on them.

Great White's last album (before the Zep covers) was Hooked IIRC and it didn't do very well. It was the tale-end of the hair bands (something GW was never really a part of) era and GW was being phased out.

For the record, Hooked was VERY good but didn't get much radio play. GW is one of the true blue-rock bands out there (or they were) and always stayed pretty true to their roots. They may have cashed in on the hairbands, but didn't conform to the Poison's of the era.

I thought they pulled of the Zep covers quite well and that's not easy to do, but I agree it may have been a last ditch effort to hang onto the 80s, and it failed.

Still GW is one of my favorite bands because of their blues driven rock and there are SO many good tunes people don't know from them because it wasn't main stream during the hair era.

Psycho City had some decent tunes on it as well.

Off of HOOKED:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I9KwV7nYBs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cidzBKD1L1U

What is "burn the house down"

What is "burn the house down"

"The Station" (unfortunately) is Great White's most memorable work.

hooked is a great album.

Used to put this disc in when me and the boys would have extended Friday Night Euchre games.

Drink some cold beer and chill out.

"The Station" (unfortunately) is Great White's most memorable work.

Before the morning light

we'll burn to death tonight

:(

GREAT WHITE: JACK RUSSELL 'Does Not Have The RightTo Start His Own' Version Of The Band - Dec. 13, 2011

GREAT WHITE members Mark Kendall (lead guitar), Scott Snyder (bass), Audie Desbrow (drums), Michael Lardie (guitar, keyboards) and Terry Ilous (lead vocals) have responded to founding singer Jack Russell's announcement that he is planning to hit the road in early 2012 with a brand new version of GREAT WHITE.

Russell revealed over the weekend that he was joining forces with Matthew Johnson (former guitarist for GREAT WHITE), Derrick Pontier, (former drummer for GREAT WHITE), Dario Seixas (former bassist for FIREHOUSE and the Stephen Pearcy band) and Robby Lochner (former guitarist for Rob Halford's band and Cherie Currie) in a new incarnation of the classic '80s rock act, with plans to tour under the name GREAT WHITE FEATURING JACK RUSSELL in order to "try [to] avoid any confusion" with any other group calling itself GREAT WHITE.

Russell spent time earlierthisyear recovering from majorsurgery aftersuffering a perforated bowel (a medical emergency in which a hole in the bowel opens to allow its contents to empty into the rest of the abdominal cavity). Singer Terry Ilous of XYZ stepped in to replace Russell on lead vocals.

Kendall, Snyder, Desbrow, Lardie and Ilous have released the following statement in response to Russell's announcement:

"First and foremost, our main concern is our fans.

"We have spent 30 years trying to be the best we can be and bring our fans the top qualityof musicthey havebecome accustomed to and deserve.

"It saddens us today to have to respond to Jack Russell's announcement.

"Jack Russell announced on Facebook on Saturday, December 10, 2011 that he was returning to GREAT WHITE with a new lineup. This was a complete shock to the entire GREAT WHITE family.

"This couldn't be further from the truth.

"As we all know, Jack Russell has been fighting drug and alcohol abuse for many years. He has had numerous stints in and out of treatment facilities and hospitals.

"In 2010 Jack's physical condition deteriorated to the point that he routinely fell on and off stage, forgot lyrics and we had to cancel shows due to his inability to perform.

"In the past two years, Jack has had fivemajor surgeries and has almost died three times. His drug abuse was so bad that his body began to shut down and ultimately resulted in colostomy surgery from a perforated bowel (he nearly died during this procedure). The colostomy surgery saved his life, but vanquished him with a colostomy bag for a year.

"We stood by Jack; we supported his sobriety and eagerly awaited his return.

"Jack was first slated to return to GREAT WHITE this past summer. Unfortunately, his frail body and his drug abuse prohibited this event. In the following months, Jack had three more surgeries that delayed his return. Finally, he chose February 2012 as his target return date.

"We had fiveclear conditionsfor Jack's return:

1. Jack had to be drug free. Off all opiates, methadone, Valium or Xanax. 2. Jack had to be off prednisone (a steroid that ate away at Jack's internal organs that caused the perforated bowl). 3. Jack had to be sober and off crack cocaine and all alcohol. 4. Jack had to agree to weekly drug tests. 5. Jack must attend weekly meetings for AA and NA.

"Last week Jack notified management he would not make it back by February 2012. Jack referred to his doctor's opinion that he would not be ready. He had just started physical rehabilitation again and his legs and back needed more rehab to handle the rigors of touring. Jack thought he would be ready by May to start the summer touring season. However, he wasn't sure if he could be off the methadone by then or ever. Management reiterated that he had to be completely drug-free for his return. He owed it to the fans. He owed it to us. He owed it to himself.

"Out of nowhere, we all received an email on Saturday, December 10, 2011 stating that he was coming back now and that he was starting his own (a different lineup) GREAT WHITE. As you can imagine, this was shocking, to say the least. We were saddened and hurt from this shocking announcement.

"We only want to do right by our fans.

"We aim to give the best possible show and have every fan leavetheshow feeling they got their money's worth.

"This band is sober and music is our passion. With Jack Russell not being drug-free and unable to physically perform on stage, it will only let down our fans.

"Time and again, Jack Russell has let down his band and fans. His addictions have ruined his lifethepast eight years.

"We will not sit by and enable our brother to abuse alcohol and drugs to kill himself. We have lost too many loved ones to this madness. After the passing of our dear friend, the talented Jani Lane, it has become more evident that this has to stop. It must end.

"Since Jack's departure in August 2010, GREAT WHITE has performed almost 100 concerts. We've had no shortened sets, cancelations or song choice limitations due to vocal issues.

"In this struggling economy, fans need and deserve more — not less. We owe it to our fans and the promoters to not to allow Jack Russell and some garage band to hurt GREAT WHITE's classic rock legacy and bright future.

"Jack Russell does not have the right to start his own GREAT WHITE or use the name without our names in the lineup.

"We will litigate any promoter that books 'Jack Russell's GREAT WHITE' or uses any logo featuring the name GREAT WHITE.

"We give you our word, we will continue through 2012 and beyond to provide you with the top-quality musical performances you have been accustomed and deserve.

"We hope and pray that Jack gets healthy, happy and sober. His health and well being is the only thing that matters."

~blabbermouth.com

I'll see your Great White and raise you a Zeppelin cover band with a reggae beat and an Elvis impersonator on lead vocals. :music_guitarred:

:headbanger:

I vaguely remember this from HS. Mid-80s?