Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Why Tiger Woods will win the Masters

It's just the first round. Way to much golf to go. This is like an NBA game, you can't call who's going to win until the fourth quarter starts. The first three quarters/rounds is feeling out the course and posturing for position.

I have no idea of the stats, but how many times has the leader after day one actually went on to win it all? I know Jacks done it and Tiger too, but I don't think it happens all that much whatsoever.

There will be a lot of movement today and tommorow. Some of our picks may be in the hunt on Sunday. :thumbsup:

Oh I'm well aware. The masters doesn't really start until the back 9 on Sunday. Just thought it was funny our picks didn't show up on day 1

I have said over and over that Tiger is done and even I could not have guessed how done he actually is. He will not be in top 15 by the end of this year. I like the guy and want him to win, but he is toast. Any other viewpoint is thoroughly unrealistic.

I have said over and over that Tiger is done and even I could not have guessed how done he actually is. He will not be in top 15 by the end of this year. I like the guy and want him to win, but he is toast. Any other viewpoint is thoroughly unrealistic.

I keep hearing this. Of how Tiger will never ever win again. He's toast. He's been playing oh so bad that he shouldn't even be on tour!@#!

2011 PGA Tour:

Rory Mclroy

EVENTS 4

CUTS 3

TOP 10 1

TOP 25 2

WINS 0

RNDS 9

AVG 71.2

Tiger Woods

EVENTS 5

CUTS 4

TOP 10 1

TOP 25 2

WINS 0

RNDS 13

AVG 71.2

Almost identical to Rory Mclroy who is supposed to be the next great thing or whatnot. Can we stop a little with the hyperbole please? Sure Tiger's not going to ever be the 2000 Tiger Woods, but that doesn't mean he can't win again. It just means he won't absolutely dominate again.

I keep hearing this. Of how Tiger will never ever win again. He's toast. He's been playing oh so bad that he shouldn't even be on tour!@#!

2011 PGA Tour:

Rory Mclroy

EVENTS 4

CUTS 3

TOP 10 1

TOP 25 2

WINS 0

RNDS 9

AVG 71.2

Tiger Woods

EVENTS 5

CUTS 4

TOP 10 1

TOP 25 2

WINS 0

RNDS 13

AVG 71.2

Almost identical to Rory Mclroy who is supposed to be the next great thing or whatnot. Can we stop a little with the hyperbole please? Sure Tiger's not going to ever be the 2000 Tiger Woods, but that doesn't mean he can't win again. It just means he won't absolutely dominate again.

Tiger is in his prime, has like 75 wins, and has 14 Majors. He shouldn't be using a 22 year old that isn't even a member of the PGA Tour as his measuring stick.

2011 PGA Tour:

Rory Mclroy

EVENTS 4

CUTS 3

TOP 10 1

TOP 25 2

WINS 0

RNDS 9

AVG 71.2

Tiger Woods

EVENTS 5

CUTS 4

TOP 10 1

TOP 25 2

WINS 0

RNDS 13

AVG 71.2

Comparison to McIlroy???!!!! Your man-crush on Tiger is clouding your judgment. His final 2 rounds of each tourney have been 74-75-70-66-74-72. That's almost 72 stokes for 18 on the days when tournaments are won. His last real chance at winning in the Chevron he shot at 73 on the final day, then lost in a playoff. Dude can't hang for 4 days. I agree that he'll probably win again, in a light field. Hello BC Open.

Tiger is in his prime, has like 75 wins, and has 14 Majors. He shouldn't be using a 22 year old that isn't even a member of the PGA Tour as his measuring stick.

I wouldnt say hes in his prime. Hes almost 37.....and once he hits 40 the wins drop off a cliff in the PGA historically.

52% of all wins ever are from players 30-39.......40+?.....12%

I put him in the same boat as Lebron......you want to be the greatest? Fine....but guess what....your clock is ticking away....faster than you think.

:whoosh:

The article is stupid..

But sure, Tiger could win this week. He'd definitely amongst my 5 favorites.

:lol: He sucks. He's ordinary now. Middle of the pack ham and egger.

:whoosh:

Nobody of any legitimacy thinks Tiger is done as a professional golfer than can make a lot of money. Likewise nobody thinks he has to return to the form of 2000 to "be back".

In Tiger terms, being "done" means things like he won't catch Jack. Or like he'll never be the #1 player in the world again.

I don't fall in that camp as I think Tiger will do both. But lining Tiger's stats through 4 tournaments up against a 22 year old top 10 player, and claiming "looks like you guys wrote him off too early" is beyond stupid.

I wouldnt say hes in his prime. Hes almost 37.....and once he hits 40 the wins drop off a cliff in the PGA historically.

52% of all wins ever are from players 30-39.......40+?.....12%

Um, by my math and your own example...being ALMOST 37 is still prime. Him having ALMOST 3 years left before he is 40...means little to what he is now. And right now he is in his prime. Be it if it is later prime...he still is at an age where his game SHOULD be as good as ever. 3 years from now maybe not. But that is 3 years from now. He is currently in his prime.

I think hes got a bad combination of not trusting his swing (or doing it enough) and mentally i think a) his mental toughenss is not what it used to be because of his affairs, public humiliation, etc and B) guys arent afraid of him anymore from either they see the chink in the armor or the fact that alot of these young guys grew up watching tiger and know what it takes now to win.

IMO....hes done...he may catch jack, he may flutter with #1....but that consistancy is long gone. Thats not coming back. It cant.

Um, by my math and your own example...being ALMOST 37 is still prime. Him having ALMOST 3 years left before he is 40...means little to what he is now. And right now he is in his prime. Be it if it is later prime...he still is at an age where his game SHOULD be as good as ever. 3 years from now maybe not. But that is 3 years from now. He is currently in his prime.

According to cyclone, your actual prime is just before you hit your prime...because that's when you have the most prime left. While in your prime, the fact that you don't have maximum time in your prime left makes you kind of past your prime.

According to cyclone, your actual prime is just before you hit your prime...because that's when you have the most prime left. While in your prime, the fact that you don't have maximum time in your prime left makes you kind of past your prime.

Hah....no no i know what you mean...and by numbers sure hes in the "prime" area where pga guys win......but i certainly wouldnt say he has any momentum whatsoever going into the back end of his 30's toward 40.

Prime is not the same as peak....and hes far from peak.

Tiger is no spring chicken, but he's not almost 37 either. He just turned 35, in fact he's closer to that number than 36.

again, you guys who think mid to late 20's represents the prime of a golfers career are stuck in a basketball/football mindset rather than a golf one. Or possibly in a golf mindset from 40 years ago.

recent history dictates that a top golfers prime starts in his 30's and can last into his early 40's.

Tiger is not done by any means. From my standpoint, im just laughing because its taken way longer than i bet he expected. He is cocky, arrogant, and piece of trash human being. I think he deserves this lengthy drought and possibly to miss Jacks record in the long run. But rest assured, he will win again. His swing is majestical, even when in disarray.

and right now he is proving me wrong. Setting himself up well heading into the weekend.

looks like i might have a new sig. :nono:

Nobody of any legitimacy thinks Tiger is done as a professional golfer than can make a lot of money. Likewise nobody thinks he has to return to the form of 2000 to "be back".

In Tiger terms, being "done" means things like he won't catch Jack. Or like he'll never be the #1 player in the world again.

I don't fall in that camp as I think Tiger will do both. But lining Tiger's stats through 4 tournaments up against a 22 year old top 10 player, and claiming "looks like you guys wrote him off too early" is beyond stupid.

I directly quoted TimmySmith who falls into the exact camp you just portrayed. That's why I quoted him and was responding to him.

This internet posting stuff isn't hard to follow. I'll break it down for the slow one's:

1. When you directly quote a post that means you are responding to that post.

2. When you don't quote anything that means you are making a statement and/or comment to the thread as a whole.

Sorta simple.

And on the 2nd day, a beaming ray of light broke through the clouds as he sunk his birdie on the 18th...

God loves Tiger Woods :bandana:

And on the 2nd day, a beaming ray of light broke through the clouds as he sunk his birdie on the 18th...

God loves Tiger Woods :bandana:

:Mr-T:

I directly quoted TimmySmith who falls into the exact camp you just portrayed. That's why I quoted him and was responding to him.

This internet posting stuff isn't hard to follow. I'll break it down for the slow one's:

2. When you don't quote anything that means you are making a statement and/or comment to the thread as a whole.

Sorta simple.

You forgot internet rule #3. When calling someone else "slow", don't make third grade-level gramatical mistakes. (No apostrophe on ones. It's "slow ones". Plural. No apostrophe) ;) You're welcome in advance.

Sorta simple.

You are awesome.

Must be those itchy feathers, the Tiger is allergic to the birdies today :(

Must be those itchy feathers, the Tiger is allergic to the birdies PARS today :(

Fixed. 74 in the 3rd round. Looks like another over-par weekend for the fading star.

guys arent afraid of him anymore...either they see the chink in the armor

RACIST!!! :mad:

He's only one-quarter Chinese.

Tiger is looking like ............................................................. Tiger rest of field starting to get nervous

FOCK YEAH ELDRICK FOCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

CRUSH THOSE FOKKERS :mad: :mad: :mad:

he might not win but his game is finally back. If he gets it on from the pine needles like he has done before then his confidence will be at at a point I don't think he can lose.

When he is making puts and hitting fairways I have never seen him lose an so far for the most part he is. He was the best all around game player ever and he is looking like it right now first time since 08.

I don't think he will win but at least he has shown some of that Tiger magic today. It makes golf a little more fun to watch.

You forgot internet rule #3. When calling someone else "slow", don't make third grade-level gramatical mistakes. (No apostrophe on ones. It's "slow ones". Plural. No apostrophe) ;) You're welcome in advance.

:doh:

This is the best Masters I think I remember ever seeing. Damn how many people are tied at the lead?

If Tiger can go birdie - par I think he makes a playoff

He just might pull this off. What a great Masters this year.

he needs to birdie the last hole for a chance at a playoff and has to have scott make a bogey as well as scott should birdie the par 5

Tiger still has a playoff chance but really needed to birdie 1 of the last 3 holes he almost had 16 and needed it I think. Still no idea who wins this as Scott has just focked himself