Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

Dannys sidekick girl is the hottest on the show. Black haired Sansa is a close second

if we are talking hottest woman on the show, does Loras count? :wub:

All of you non-book readers need to rewatch Ep 4 and watch the exchange between LittleFinger and Sansa in the Stark crypts about three times. That scene is the key to the entire saga. Burn that discussion into your consciousness to prepare for the remaining seasons. You are welcome

All of you non-book readers need to rewatch Ep 4 and watch the exchange between LittleFinger and Sansa in the Stark crypts about three times. That scene is the key to the entire saga. Burn that discussion into your consciousness to prepare for the remaining seasons. You are welcome

Take a look at my earlier spoiler theory and PM me if I'm on the right track. Their encounter in the crypts is what sealed my belief in this.

Take a look at my earlier spoiler theory and PM me if I'm on the right track. Their encounter in the crypts is what sealed my belief in this.

TD Ryan mentioned that early yesterday...

• Like 1

No need to take it to PM's. Yes... it's been a long running theory for books readers, and now that it's played out on tv, I wouldn't consider it a spoiler. It's still speculation in both.

Meant to quote posty here as well but I'm on the road.

No need to take it to PM's. Yes... it's been a long running theory for books readers, and now that it's played out on tv, I wouldn't consider it a spoiler. It's still speculation in both.

Like I specifically said in the post, I'm not a book reader. I came to my conclusion over 2 seasons ago just based on the show. I also mentioned that I hadn't been in this thread in a long time so I was unaware if the theory had already been discussed.

Sheesh, your reading comprehension sucks more balls than RP on an off night.

Finally, I used a spoiler incase anyone didn't want to read my "theory" and have it in their head as something they didn't see coming.

Meant to quote posty here as well but I'm on the road.

Like I specifically said in the post, I'm not a book reader. I came to my conclusion over 2 seasons ago just based on the show. I also mentioned that I hadn't been in this thread in a long time so I was unaware if the theory had already been discussed.

Sheesh, your reading comprehension sucks more balls than RP on an off night.

Finally, I used a spoiler incase anyone didn't want to read my "theory" and have it in their head as something they didn't see coming.

Da fock? I was just saying that it's been aired on tv now ,so I wouldn't consider it something that needs to be kept under wraps. You not being in this thread for awhile has nothing to do with it.

No need to be a grumpy mcgrumpystein about it.

Da fock? I was just saying that it's been aired on tv now ,so I wouldn't consider it something that needs to be kept under wraps. You not being in this thread for awhile has nothing to do with it.

No need to be a grumpy mcgrumpystein about it.

im pretty sure it hasnt been aired on TV or it wouldn't be a theory of book readers and show watchers..... i mean you can take the scene from the most recent episode as the most concrete proof but its still just a theory, hence the spoiler usage. sorry if you don't like my choice of when to hide my text.... GoT hitler.

im pretty sure it hasnt been aired on TV or it wouldn't be a theory of book readers and show watchers..... i mean you can take the scene from the most recent episode as the most concrete proof but its still just a theory, hence the spoiler usage. sorry if you don't like my choice of when to hide my text.... GoT hitler.

Are you drunk? :unsure:

The scene in the crypts beneath Winterfell, with Sansa and Littlefinger, is what we are talking about. So... yes... it been aired now. And yes... it's still just speculation and theory... which doesn't need spoiler tags, IMO. Spoiler tags are for... you know... spoilers.

Heil Susie!

There has been speculation for a while that Jon isn't Ned' b@stard - Ned's honorable to a fault, takes his vows more seriously than anyone.

The idea that he took Jon in to hide the truth even if it meant "disgracing" himself with a b@astard isn't new - nor is it proven.

For me, the idea that Jon is Lyssa's and part Targaryan is new to me though I did expect it to be something as significant as that - and it's also not proven yet either.

Also - F. U. Old Maid - since this is a thread where posters are getting snippy with you for no reason, I figured I'd pile on too.

White Wonder - you okay buddy? Something you need to get off your chest or somethin'? :unsure:

uh, i just found it weird that someone would take offense with my use of a spoiler to hide a plot theory that some may not know about or want to know about.... seems legit to me? considering my spoiler says nothing about the actual scene of the show that already aired (which doesn't prove or disprove any theories), OM's claim is stoopid. :wave:

maybe if I had used a spoiler tag to say "little finger and sansa talk in the crypts about her aunt and the targaryn prince......" then I could understand the whining about not needing a spoiler tag to cover something thats already aired.

im going with OM is the drunk party here :banana:

Dude... :wacko:

Dude... :lol:

Dude :banana:

I remember when Jon was going off to the wall, Ned made it a point to tell him he had Stark blood in him, as if he was trying to tell him something. It always stuck with me.

but never calls him his son, if i recall. .... :o

My guess is that they're going to leave it for next season... just in case Martin doesn't have book 6 done by then. They're going to need some material. At this point I'm not even sure if I'm kidding about that. :lol:

I guess we now know what they meant by "we'll get some deaths that don't happen in the book". I hope Grey Worm isn't another one of those casualties. Even though he always looks constipated... I like him.

Also good to see that they're finally giving some backstory on Lyanna and Rhaegar. I was wondering it that would come into play. Let the speculation on that little story begin!

You know something, om.

Book 4 and 5 run concurrently and the show is covering story lines from each now. I know you know this but I'm just pointing it out because we may still get book 5 big moments this season.

I figured, like book 4 and the first part of book 5, this season would start slow. They are not deviating from the books as much as I expected, so I think this season will pick up quickly.

I dunno, I thought every episode has been better than the last, with this past episode being the best :unsure:

BTW, probably the biggest reason we are not seeing more of the fantasy aspect of the show is because of what it costs to create the CGI. I mean, you'd think by now they essentially have an unlimited budget, but I know that's why they don't/didn't show the dire wolves nearly as often as they are in the books.

I am most curious on whether or not they will show what is going on in the Iron Islands. Obviously not going to go into details, but it's a fairly huge chunk of the main plot. Listen, nobody likes the Iron Islands. It's cold and dingy, the people are rather dull. The Greyjoys just suck. I think most of the viewers are glad we don't have to deal with that area and its people anymore. However, I think that storyline ends up being very interesting, certainly more interesting than this faux Brienne storyline.

Why do they call him Grey Worm if he has no cack?

Shouldn't he just be Grey?

Why do they call him Grey Worm if he has no cack?

Shouldn't he just be Grey?

Irony...like calling a big guy, Tiny.

Irony...like calling a big guy, Tiny.

Maybe he has a small cack?

Should they start calling Reek - Iron Worm?

They were pretty ham-handed with that. In the books the hints are a slow burn, but the show just basically hit us over the head with it last night. And for the record, that's not a spoiler; it's never been established that that's the case, there is just a lot of speculation.

Can't believe they killed off old Barristan the Bold. :(

Also

They were pretty ham-handed with that. In the books the hints are a slow burn, but the show just basically hit us over the head with it last night. And for the record, that's not a spoiler; it's never been established that that's the case, there is just a lot of speculation.

Can't believe they killed off old Barristan the Bold. :(

Also, other than Grey Worm, the Unsullied were terrible in that fight. :thumbsdown:

I never buy that anyone is dead on this show until I see em burned on a funeral pyre. And based on book/show, the Unsullied should have done a lot better in those fights.

The Greyjoys just suck. I think most of the viewers are glad we don't have to deal with that area and its people anymore.

Did you read the exchange OM and I had on the previous page?

I think it's obvious they're not doing the Kingsmoot because they don't want to introduce more new characters at the same time as introducing the Martells. But they could do the entire Iron Islands plot line in 10 minutes on screen. 2 min scene: cut to Yara reading a letter who turns to a soldier standing next to her and says "I have to return home. My father has died and my uncles(?) Euron and Victarion are vying for rule over the Iron Islands." Cut to some other scene...

8 min: Cut back to Yara stepping off a boat onto shore where there are clearly 2 camps of people with a guy standing in front of each. Someone announces "Victarion", everyone shuts up, he gives a 1 min speech, says he guided the fleet, and opens chests. Then Euron same thing with better chests. His guy blows a horn that glows red and guy bleeds. Everyone bows toward Euron. Quick cut to Victarion, Yara and Euron walking along the shore with Victarion looking pissed. Vic asks where did you find that horn? Euron smiles and says to Vic: "I have a mission for you." End scene.

No need to add Aeron water stuff or have Yara give speech or divulge plan.

I am most curious on whether or not they will show what is going on in the Iron Islands. Obviously not going to go into details, but it's a fairly huge chunk of the main plot. Listen, nobody likes the Iron Islands. It's cold and dingy, the people are rather dull. The Greyjoys just suck. I think most of the viewers are glad we don't have to deal with that area and its people anymore. However, I think that storyline ends up being very interesting, certainly more interesting than this faux Brienne storyline.

Disagree. Victarion is more interesting than all the Dorne characters put together (with the obvious exception of the Red Viper of course :( )

I never buy that anyone is dead on this show until I see em burned on a funeral pyre. And based on book/show, the Unsullied should have done a lot better in those fights.

They are out of practice.

Who is Rhaegar Targaryen?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/most-important-game-thrones-character-youve-never-seen-164321262.html

Daenerys Targaryen. Jon Snow. Tyrion Lannister. You can probably name a dozen or so major players on Game of Thrones and give a detailed history for each. However, there's one crucial figure in Westeros you might not know much about, but who might end up being one of the most important players of all: Rhaegar Targaryen.

References to Rhaegar have been sprinkled throughout Game of Thrones' five seasons, but Sunday's episode spent a curious amount of time discussing a character who died over a decade ago. And since showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have been ruthlessly trimming the fat in consolidating George R.R. Martin's books, we don't believe they would devote so much air time to Rhaegar without a reason.

So who is he exactly?

Rhaegar was the son and heir of King Aerys II, better known as The Mad King, and the older brother of Viserys and Daenerys (Emilia Clarke), who was born after Rhaegar's death. He was popular, intelligent, bookish and a noted musician. Tywin Lannister had planned to marry Cersei to Rhaegar. However, Aerys shot down the idea as being beneath his son. Instead, Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell, Oberyn and Prince Doran's sister. Elia loved her husband and she had two children with Rhaegar, a daughter, Rhaenys, and son, Aegon.

However, as Littlefinger briefly explained to Sansa in Sunday's episode, when Rhaegar won a tourney at the cursed Harrenhal, he passed over his wife Elia and crowned Ned Stark's sister Lyanna as The Queen of Love and Beauty. A year later, Rhaegar allegedly abducted Lyanna, an act which ultimately triggered Robert Baratheon's rebellion. But though the Starks and Baratheons view Rhaegar's actions as a violent kidnapping, according to Targaryen lore, Lyanna loved Rhaegar back and went with him consensually.

As the rebellion against House Targaryen gained steam, Rhaegar and Robert met in combat during the Battle of the Trident and Robert killed the beloved prince. It was the result of this battle that inspired Tywin, who had until then remained neutral, to launch the Sack of King's Landing. During this siege, Jaime Lannister slit Aerys' throat, becoming the Kingslayer, and the Mountain, under Twyin's orders, brutally murdered Rhaenys and Aegon before raping and killing Elia too.

In other words: Rhaegar was the match that burned down all of Westeros. He was the catalyst to the Targaryen downfall, to the bad blood between Dorne and the Lannisters, to Robert Baratheon's rise to king, to Daenerys' exile and to all the deaths that have occurred as a result. But the most important thing Rhaegar did remains to be confirmed.

If you ask most Game of Thrones fans who Jon Snow's (Kit Harrington) father is, few will say Ned Stark. That's because, as Stannis blatantly pointed out on Sunday, cheating on Catelyn with a tavern ###### doesn't exactly fit with Ned's code of honor. So, who are Jon Snow's parents? The most popular theory is that he's the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. A huge clue in support of the theory, known as R+L=J, is that when Ned discovered Lyanna during the Sack of King's Landing, she entrusted her brother with a secret promise shortly before dying. It's highly likely this promise was for Ned to keep Lyanna's son with Rhaegar safe from Robert's quest to kill every Targaryen. And what better way to do that than taking the infant in as one's own bastard son?

If R+L=J is true, Game of Thrones could be paving the way for Jon to wind up on the Iron Throne, or at least play a very key role in the crowning of whomever does wind up ruling. When Daenerys visited the House of the Dying, she witnessed a vision of Rhaegar telling Elia that he believes their son, Aegon, is "the prince that was promised" and that they must have more children since "the dragon has three heads."

However, prophecies are not an exact science, so it's possible the identity of the prophesied prince could be Daenerys or Jon, (who would be Dany's nephew if R+L=J is true). If the prince was Jon, that would also explain Melissandre's growing interest in him, since the promised prince prophecy seems to be closely tied with Azor Ahai. Either way, it's highly likely Jon is the second of the three dragon heads Dany has been searching for.

So what do you think: Is Jon Snow Rhaegar and Lyanna's son? Is he destined to sit on the Iron Throne?

Can't imagine that fat fock Robert killing anyone.

Am I right in saying that all this speculation about Jon Snow is that the Fat Man actually hasn't written it in a book yet and only he knows the troof?

Am I right in saying that all this speculation about Jon Snow is that the Fat Man actually hasn't written it in a book yet and only he knows the troof?

He supposedly told the creators what he was planning just in case something happens to him before he can finish the books...

Disagree. Victarion is more interesting than all the Dorne characters put together (with the obvious exception of the Red Viper of course :( )

Oh, I definitely agree. I was trying to summarize how someone who has not read the books feels about the Iron Islands, and maybe why they are going to skip that whole sub-plot.

Now that this season has progressed a little bit, I am becoming more and more confident that they will NOT skip the Iron Islands. I think they will show this towards the end of the season, to set up for next season where they will fill out the rest of the storylines.

They do cut some secondary storylines and characters(Clearly we are not getting Jon Connington), and merge others(Sansa/Winterfell). However, the Iron Islands are too important to the main plot to cut out. Plus we've already been there, and if you do recall, there is only one leech left...

Who is Rhaegar Targaryen?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/most-important-game-thrones-character-youve-never-seen-164321262.html

Daenerys Targaryen. Jon Snow. Tyrion Lannister. You can probably name a dozen or so major players on Game of Thrones and give a detailed history for each. However, there's one crucial figure in Westeros you might not know much about, but who might end up being one of the most important players of all: Rhaegar Targaryen.

References to Rhaegar have been sprinkled throughout Game of Thrones' five seasons, but Sunday's episode spent a curious amount of time discussing a character who died over a decade ago. And since showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have been ruthlessly trimming the fat in consolidating George R.R. Martin's books, we don't believe they would devote so much air time to Rhaegar without a reason.

So who is he exactly?

Rhaegar was the son and heir of King Aerys II, better known as The Mad King, and the older brother of Viserys and Daenerys (Emilia Clarke), who was born after Rhaegar's death. He was popular, intelligent, bookish and a noted musician. Tywin Lannister had planned to marry Cersei to Rhaegar. However, Aerys shot down the idea as being beneath his son. Instead, Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell, Oberyn and Prince Doran's sister. Elia loved her husband and she had two children with Rhaegar, a daughter, Rhaenys, and son, Aegon.

However, as Littlefinger briefly explained to Sansa in Sunday's episode, when Rhaegar won a tourney at the cursed Harrenhal, he passed over his wife Elia and crowned Ned Stark's sister Lyanna as The Queen of Love and Beauty. A year later, Rhaegar allegedly abducted Lyanna, an act which ultimately triggered Robert Baratheon's rebellion. But though the Starks and Baratheons view Rhaegar's actions as a violent kidnapping, according to Targaryen lore, Lyanna loved Rhaegar back and went with him consensually.

As the rebellion against House Targaryen gained steam, Rhaegar and Robert met in combat during the Battle of the Trident and Robert killed the beloved prince. It was the result of this battle that inspired Tywin, who had until then remained neutral, to launch the Sack of King's Landing. During this siege, Jaime Lannister slit Aerys' throat, becoming the Kingslayer, and the Mountain, under Twyin's orders, brutally murdered Rhaenys and Aegon before raping and killing Elia too.

In other words: Rhaegar was the match that burned down all of Westeros. He was the catalyst to the Targaryen downfall, to the bad blood between Dorne and the Lannisters, to Robert Baratheon's rise to king, to Daenerys' exile and to all the deaths that have occurred as a result. But the most important thing Rhaegar did remains to be confirmed.

If you ask most Game of Thrones fans who Jon Snow's (Kit Harrington) father is, few will say Ned Stark. That's because, as Stannis blatantly pointed out on Sunday, cheating on Catelyn with a tavern ###### doesn't exactly fit with Ned's code of honor. So, who are Jon Snow's parents? The most popular theory is that he's the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. A huge clue in support of the theory, known as R+L=J, is that when Ned discovered Lyanna during the Sack of King's Landing, she entrusted her brother with a secret promise shortly before dying. It's highly likely this promise was for Ned to keep Lyanna's son with Rhaegar safe from Robert's quest to kill every Targaryen. And what better way to do that than taking the infant in as one's own bastard son?

If R+L=J is true, Game of Thrones could be paving the way for Jon to wind up on the Iron Throne, or at least play a very key role in the crowning of whomever does wind up ruling. When Daenerys visited the House of the Dying, she witnessed a vision of Rhaegar telling Elia that he believes their son, Aegon, is "the prince that was promised" and that they must have more children since "the dragon has three heads."

However, prophecies are not an exact science, so it's possible the identity of the prophesied prince could be Daenerys or Jon, (who would be Dany's nephew if R+L=J is true). If the prince was Jon, that would also explain Melissandre's growing interest in him, since the promised prince prophecy seems to be closely tied with Azor Ahai. Either way, it's highly likely Jon is the second of the three dragon heads Dany has been searching for.

So what do you think: Is Jon Snow Rhaegar and Lyanna's son? Is he destined to sit on the Iron Throne?

I don't think you need that in spoilers as it's just a theory/critical backstory.

Before they started the show, George asked Dave and D.B. who Jon Snow's mother was, and they answered correctly. This theory makes too much sense to not be true, IMO.

This being game of thrones, this definitely makes the chance of sex much greater between Jon Snow and Khaleesi :music_guitarred:

Can't imagine that fat fock Robert killing anyone.

He was probably the best warrior in Westeros until after the Greyjoy rebellion, when it was said he gained 100+ pounds in the 9 years leading up to the show/books. Even though, I probably would have took Selmy over anyone in single combat.

The show always waters down these great warriors in a fight, probably because the actors cannot really portrait a fighter as great as Selmy. Like in season 1, when Ned and Jaime squared off, even George said Ned would have stood no chance as a two handed Jaime would have easily bested him. My only beef with them killing off Selmy is there is NO WAY, even at around 60, Selmy would have been killed by a bunch of street thugs with knives. He would have carved them all up like a cake.

This being game of thrones, this definitely makes the chance of sex much greater between Jon Snow and Khaleesi :music_guitarred:

Targaryens usually wed brother to sister or cousin to cousin, so nephew to aunt would makes sense. This is why half of them go mad.