Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

Jamie is total scum. Why do I root for him?

He certainly spent most of his life being scum, but men do change.

5.03 High Sparrow

A wedding where nobody dies? That’s what I call a twist I didn’t see coming. Margaery marries her brother in law, one of the least scandalous events the Lannisters have taken part in thus far. Tommen is so incredibly whipped already. What is he, like 12 years old, and he’s banging a hot older broad? It’s good to be the King. Anybody that Margaery marries very quickly ends up dead, so you better enjoy it while you can. An episode of Real Housewives of Kings’s Landing plays itself out as the new queen and Queen Eyebrows subtlety jab at each other, although it seems that Cersei took more of the beating from the newly overconfident Margaery. The grip on power is fading away from Cersei, so she shifts focus to faith? Actually, the whole episode plunged deeply into spirituality. The High Septon, the Sparrows, the talk of gods at the House of Black and White, the public speaker that Tyrion observes.

Arya spends days sweeping dust in a mostly dark room, basically a useless task. Jaqen acts mysterious and talks in riddles. There is another young woman there, who also acts mysterious. What is the point of all this hoity toity voodoo? Apparently there is one god. Considering that this is the home to assassins, I’ll wager that the one god is Death. Just look around this building. People are dropping dead all over the place. Arya is basically told to get rid of all her possessions, but she can’t obey orders as she won’t get rid of her sword. Dumb. Either go all in or go home. I thought the Arya story line would hold my interest more, but it just isn’t. I am far more interested in the Wall and the North right now, while King’s Landing, Meereen, and Braavos are kind of meh. Although I will give credit for Hit Girl exclaiming “c unt” during the show. Wherever these lands are supposed to be, at least they use the same curse words.

Ramsey skins alive a couple of non tax paying subjects. So what else is new? I found it more interesting to see how tentative Bolton’s hold on the North is and how quickly it could all fall apart. And it will. Uncle Littlefinger has pledged Sansa to Ramsey to marry. Littlefinger didn’t do his homework, or if he did, he’s a really sick fucko. It’s odd that he makes a deal with an unknown factor, given how he constructs his long range plans. Ramsey makes Joffrey look like Tommen. The Littlefinger and Bolton alliance is very tentative as neither seems to trust the other. Ultimately, you would think that Sansa would get some measure of revenge down the road and Littlefinger will usurp all that the Boltons control, but probably not before Sansa gets wrecked. Ramsey will eventually die I reckon, but will it be at the hands of Sansa, Littlefinger, Bork Lesnar, or Theon/Reek. Sansa probably will not realize how much trouble she will be in until she has a talk with her adopted brother Theon/Reek. Bork and Pod traded origin stories. Pod was punished for ham theft. Bork was medieval Carrie. Boo Focking Hoo. The only guy that was nice to Bork was a queeb. Bork has conflicting priorities. She is tailing Sansa to be a protector, but she also wants to kill Stannis. Well, lucky for her, Stannis will be coming soon.

Tyrion and Varys wander around Volantis. The legend of the dragon queen is spreading all over. Tyrion decides he can’t have sex with a wh0re. All of the sudden he gets morals? Maybe he should go dance with Bork. Half a man, in more ways than one. Jorah Mormont has been busy drinking and hanging out in brothels since he was fired from Daenerys’s circle of trust. Tyrion is dwarfnapped while he’s taking a leak. What’s the big deal? That’s where they were headed anyway. Does Jorah think he can will favor with Daenerys by bringing her a present? Why does he think Tyrion is that important?

Jon turns down the offer from Stannis for power, riches, glory and a new last name. Jon Snow, you know nothing. Stannis did say his armies were going to Winterfell soon, which leaves me with mixed rooting interests. I like the Stannis and Snow connection, but I also like Littlefinger and Sansa’s arc as well. Looks like worlds are about to collide at Winterfell. Jon makes nice with Allister and gives him a cushy position. The coward Janos was to be exiled to a far outpost. He didn’t seem too happy about it. Jon decides to show everybody who is in charge, and needing to solidify his base since he became Commander by just one vote. Jon pulls a Ned Stark as he cut off the head of Janos Slynt. Stannis observed the deed and gave Jon a nod. They are now BFFs.

I liked it when Ramsay said he wouldn't hurt her. Even my BF (who hasn't read the books) snickered and said: "you won't be able to help yourself." :lol:

Why would you have to read the books? He's been flaying and castrating people left and right on the show :wacko:

He certainly spent most of his life being scum, but men do change.

This is true. Sometimes we become bigger scum.

Can't wait for Reek to drop trow in front of Sansa to prove what a monster Ramsay is.

(okay, so maybe he'll do it for Little Finger and little finger will bequeath his name to him)

This season has sucked so far. Last night was zzz. Definitely the weakest season to date. :thumbsdown:

I don't agree with that.

I will say the acting on this show is just impeccable. Sure, it may be corny at times, but it is spot on. It just draws you in and you believe them 100%.

Then you take Walking Dead, another popular Sunday evening show and you just :lol: at the crap acting.

Why would you have to read the books? He's been flaying and castrating people left and right on the show :wacko:

I put that in there so no one would accidentally confuse it with a spoiler. I don't want to confirm or deny what may or may not happen... Does that make sense?

To those who say Jamie is scum... Sure he was focking his sister and pushed a kid out a window... But let's not forget, he was actually heroic when he killed King Aerys. But most people didn't know the whole story, and called him King slayer. I think he started to believe his own bad press. He's one of those characters that blur the lines between good and evil. That's one of the great things about Martin's writing.

This season has sucked so far. Last night was zzz. Definitely the weakest season to date. :thumbsdown:

I wouldn't sat it has "sucked" but I do think there's been a bit of a dropoff. Was probably inevitable when they got beyond the book content.

What made the show so great was they knew where they were going from the start, as opposed to, say, a show like Lost where they just start making sh1t up on the fly.

Well I think they still know where they're going but the vision isn't nearly as steady.

I wouldn't sat it has "sucked" but I do think there's been a bit of a dropoff. Was probably inevitable when they got beyond the book content.

What made the show so great was they knew where they were going from the start, as opposed to, say, a show like Lost where they just start making sh1t up on the fly.

Well I think they still know where they're going but the vision isn't nearly as steady.

They're not really "off book" anymore. Sure, they've changed a few things, but they've been doing that since the start. They're just rearranging some storylines to keep within the content that Martin has already written. It's just that we're at book 4/5 (the timelines happens concurrently) and book 4 sucked donkey balls.

They're not really "off book" anymore. Sure, they've changed a few things, but they've been doing that since the start. They're just rearranging some storylines to keep within the content that Martin has already written. It's just that we're at book 4/5 (the timelines happens concurrently) and book 4 sucked donkey balls.

Switching out Sansa for Jeyne Poole is one of the best moves they could have made. With Martin's storyline, you had a character you didn't give a fock about being prominently involved while one you did care about sat around and did nothing. We need more of this. :thumbsup:

Switching out Sansa for Jeyne Poole is one of the best moves they could have made. With Martin's storyline, you had a character you didn't give a fock about being prominently involved while one you did care about sat around and did nothing. We need more of this. :thumbsup:

Jeyne was one of my favorite characters from the book. :(

GFB never have read one page of Martin's books so I don't sit and compare notes with the TV series...

Just enjoy the show for what it is...

GFB never have read one page of Martin's books so I don't sit and compare notes with the TV series...

Just enjoy the show for what it is...

How about don't focking worry about how the rest of us choose to enjoy the show? There's an idea.

How about don't focking worry about how the rest of us choose to enjoy the show? There's an idea.

LOL...it's pile on Posty day.

Episode 1 was real slow. episode 2 picked up a bit. But I thought episode 3, while not a lot of action, was great because a lot of the plot came into focus and setup for a lot of action coming up. I have not read the books but I'm praying that John Snow will smarten up and leave the focken night watch. The show needs to set him free to settle some Stark scores.

Then you take Walking Dead, another popular Sunday evening show and you just :lol: at the crap acting.

When walking dead has low action episodes, they are excruciatingly boring because of the acting and crappy dialogue.

Maybe I'm just bored of the characters/storyline. I loved the hound and was bummed when he died. I loved hating Joffrey, and now he's dead. Marjorie was hot, but now she's a kiddie fondler. Daeny's story has gone nowhere for 2 seasons. John Snow, Arya and the dumb redhead do nothing for me. I need a character to latch onto, or Daeny needs to actually do something.

This show is still fantastic. Here are my criticisms:

- The random pub encounters are a reach all these major characters trek across the word and conveniently bump into each other.

- The "plop 2 power players in a room" and have them banter with juicy dialogue. Sometimes it's great, but they go to the well too much with it.

- Nobody wins or gets what they want. There is very little payoff for following or favoriting a character. Everyone loses continually.

well if Jeyne is just to be replaced by Sansa, bookreaders know what will happen between she and Ramsay.

theon extraction

but who knows if Martin didn't use Sansa there... kept her hidden still... for a significant reason.

- Nobody wins or gets what they want. There is very little payoff for following or favoriting a character. Everyone loses continually.

Very annoying, I agree.

Martin is a just a miserable fock.

However, I would say Tyrion has been winning sort of the way CHarlie Sheen was winning.

He got a ton of hos and gets focked up constantly.

That is winning to me!

Margaery has been winning from the start of the show.

Although I suspect her streak will end in a most unpleasant way.

Margaery has been winning from the start of the show.

Although I suspect her streak will end in a most unpleasant way.

She has? being used by her brother as a fock toy to loan out?

oh YEAH! totally winning.

She has? being used by her brother as a fock toy to loan out?

oh YEAH! totally winning.

She likes it. Haven't you noticed?

She likes it. Haven't you noticed?

Yeah, she loved it when it 1st happened. :doh:

Jon Snow got to chop off Janos Slynt's head. That's something. :)

Yeah she's a slut :wub:

Didn't she sleep with 2 different Daario Naharis' as well?

wh0re :thumbsdown:

My chick said no way, he won't.

I said, OH YES, it's happening.

I win again :doublethumbsup:

My chick said no way, he won't.

I said, OH YES, it's happening.

I win again :doublethumbsup:

You pay a hooker to watch TV with you? Kinky.

You pay a hooker to watch TV with you? Kinky.

Well, I don't pay her yet, if we break up I will be paying child support.

That's something, right?

yes.

there are some small victories along the way.

Slynt's death.

Tywin's demise

Visery's golden crown

Joffrey's poisoning

but they're never really full, clean victories and they are rarely as significant as the losses (Bran out the window, Ned's Head Chop, Arya's Sword Teacher, Red Wedding,Tyrion imprisoned, Littlefinger winning, Sansa married off to lunatics)

Who are the truly GOOD people we root for in this show and have they had a whole lot go their way?

Jon Snow - rocky road at best. Lord Commander is nice and all, so was Slynt's head-chop, but he's lost a LOT.

Davos - great character, but he's losing to the "Red Priestess"

Tyrion - great character, but he was severely losing and now is in limbo

Brienne - noble, great warrior, but losing

Dany - The ruler we are all rooting for, rightful heir, but no control over the people or the dragons

Varys - more "good" then we originally imagined, but has lost lots of power

Arya - does she really have to give up being Arya to get revenge? Revenge that she won't even want if she's not Arya?

Bran Stark - OK, so you found the tree, but your storyline is a bit boring and I fear that your storyline could/would make the supernatural element too much.

Jamie/Margery/Bronn/Sansa/Stannis - these are the middle of the road characters, not fully good or bad IMO. They win and lose. And yes, Sansa was a little bi@tch before all the misfortunes came here way. I expect her to become the Cercei of the North.

Id say Margery is doing ok now. She's the queen, getting the cack on the steady. She seems to like the cack. Little finger has been on a steady ascent as well.

As far as winning or losing, the way I see it, I'd say that I'm on Team Littlefinger and Team Stannis.

Littlefinger is a sneaky little sh!t who is very skilled at the long term strategy. I appreciate the chess board approach. And he orchestrated having that annoying wench going for a skydive with no parachute.

When the Wall sent out a distress call about the Wildlings and the White Walkers to all the kingdoms, the only person of note that responded was Stannis. He had just reacquired an army and could have set out to try to conquer Kings Landing, but instead went to the North to help fortify the Wall. He has ambition but seems to have a more noble goal that the other sh!theads that are vying for control or already have some.

Little finger has been on a steady accent as well.

His accent is terrible. :thumbsdown:

Id say Margery is doing ok now. She's the queen, getting the cack on the steady.

it's like all those hot teachers than fock their boy students.

We all wish we were him.

Littlefinger is a sneaky little sh!t who is very skilled at the long term strategy. I appreciate the chess board approach. And he orchestrated having that annoying wench going for a skydive with no parachute.

He should of at least got in tittie suck before she went flying.

What happened to her son?