Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

Does Theon know the stark kids are hiding? He knows what the stark kids look like. Was he not there when they were torched?

he knew... he was passing them off as the stark boys so he doesn't look like an idiot. Everyone knows he can't hold the castle... how bad would it look if two mere children escaped?

So now it's clear what role Ros will play...

Peenie would be :mad:

she isn't black :dunno:

she isn't black :dunno:

Yeah, looks like Ros will be stepping into the role of Alayaya-who is supposed to be a beautiful black girl.

It was also cool to see Rattleshirt. I think they did an excellent job on his costume.

Seriously I need more dire wolvage

Yeah, looks like Ros will be stepping into the role of Alayaya-who is supposed to be a beautiful black girl.

have no prob with them consolidating characters for non-important plot points to keep the show watchable

(theon sleeping with osha instead of kyra, using ros for a few diff whores)

robb stark's new woman might even be an improvement on who/how they did it in the book

but after the first episode or two of this season, where they did so many chapters quickly and smoothly...i am a little disappointed they didn't focus more of this season on the battle (more than just the next episode if that is what it'll be) and some other things (doing justice for reek). what happened to valar morghulis? :huh:

ah well. that's why books are always better than shows/movies.

Ez on the spoilers boys. Nothing major in here. But chill, I have read the first four books, so I'm good. There is a spoiler thread.

:music_guitarred:

I thought it was a good episode...def a "setup" type feel to it. That girl getting naked with Robb Stark looked fine. :wub:

I thought it was a good episode...def a "setup" type feel to it. That girl getting naked with Robb Stark looked fine. :wub:

:pointstosky:

Her @ss was almost perfect. :wub:

But it makes me sad that HBO only films 10 episodes of Game Of Thrones each season instead of 12. :cry:

yeah but u can tell they scaled back the overall nudity in the show this season.

The season finale is titled Valar Morghulis

Valar Morghulis

As Theon stirs his men to action, Luwin offers some final advice. Brienne silences Jaime; Arya receives a gift from Jaqen; Dany goes to a strange place; and Jon proves himself to Qhorin.

:)

Valar Morghulis

As Theon stirs his men to action, Luwin offers some final advice. Brienne silences Jaime; Arya receives a gift from Jaqen; Dany goes to a strange place; and Jon proves himself to Qhorin.

:)

But first, episode #9, "Blackwater" Tyrion and the Lannisters fight for their lives as Stannis' fleet attacks Blackwater Bay. King's Landing becomes the stage of the most decisive battle of the War of the Five Kings.

FYI, Blackwater was written by George R. R. Martin.

But first, episode #9, "Blackwater" Tyrion and the Lannisters fight for their lives as Stannis' fleet attacks Blackwater Bay. King's Landing becomes the stage of the most decisive battle of the War of the Five Kings.

FYI, Blackwater was written by George R. R. Martin.

It's going to have to be different than the book. One of the main points of the book should have been mentioned by now. But they have also foreshadowed it, so I might have missed a line or two where it could have been brought up. I don't mind it being different than the book, really looking forward to the next two episodes.

It's going to have to be different than the book. One of the main points of the book should have been mentioned by now. But they have also foreshadowed it, so I might have missed a line or two where it could have been brought up. I don't mind it being different than the book, really looking forward to the next two episodes.

im curious since i havnt read the books.... are they as hard to keep up with as the show? From what the book readers have mentioned it seems like things are being cut out, obviously to fit it. But even knowing that, there seem to be so many storylines running right now that there have been episodes that don't even touch on certain characters or give them maybe 1 scene. Must be even crazier in the books with extra characters not used in the show or not given their full prominent roles.

i feel like this show could easily get 2 hours per week.

im curious since i havnt read the books.... are they as hard to keep up with as the show? From what the book readers have mentioned it seems like things are being cut out, obviously to fit it. But even knowing that, there seem to be so many storylines running right now that there have been episodes that don't even touch on certain characters or give them maybe 1 scene. Must be even crazier in the books with extra characters not used in the show or not given their full prominent roles.

i feel like this show could easily get 2 hours per week.

just read the books. They are so much better than the show.

I didn't have trouble w/multiple storylines. A lot of Houses/Names like Tyrell, Martell, etc but you get to know 'em after a while.

if you can't possibly see yourself going back and reading books 1 & 2 after watching them on the show...

READ BOOK 3 BEFORE THE NEXT SEASON !

you'll be glad you did :bandana: :lock: :ninja:

I didn't have trouble w/multiple storylines. A lot of Houses/Names like Tyrell, Martell, etc but you get to know 'em after a while.

The book helps out a ton with following the story lines. I always wonder how people who never read the books is able to figure out who is who.

I love both the books (I am half way through the third one) and the show. :cheers:

i didnt exactly mean confusion but rather, did you feel it just had too much going on and was therefore diluted?

even having not read the books, ive started to feel that season two has way too many storylines happening at once where season 1 didnt seem to have that issue.

like ive mentioned before it has to do with all the stark kids being separated.

i dont have plans to read the books.

i didnt exactly mean confusion but rather, did you feel it just had too much going on and was therefore diluted?

That is one problem with the books. There is way too much going on. All of it was good and I can see how it would be tough to cut any of it out but it just felt like there was enough material in there for two simultaneous series. Sometimes a storyline will be dropped for 300 or more pages. One thing that helped with that is that the chapters are named after characters. Instead of being numbered, they are "Jamie" or "Arya". That makes it easy to go back and get a reminder of where that story left off.

Have fun with the second half!!

I just read a huge event in the 3rd book. :shocking:

That is one problem with the books. There is way too much going on. All of it was good and I can see how it would be tough to cut any of it out but it just felt like there was enough material in there for two simultaneous series. Sometimes a storyline will be dropped for 300 or more pages. One thing that helped with that is that the chapters are named after characters. Instead of being numbered, they are "Jamie" or "Arya". That makes it easy to go back and get a reminder of where that story left off.

this is exactly what i was wondering, thanks for the reply

this is exactly what i was wondering, thanks for the reply

frank has some good points I don't disagree with any of it.

That said, I'm a big reader as it is and a friend had been telling me to read this series for years. I finally read the first book (quit watching the show til I had finished the first one) and 5,000 pages later (estimate) I was mighty glad I did. Martin has a hell of an imagination. I love the tidbits of history about Westeros/Houses that are included in the books.

Grest episode last night. I was a little disappointed that the chain aspect of the battle was left out, but overall they did an excellent job.

I can't believe there is only one episode left... :cry:

Grest episode last night. I was a little disappointed that the chain aspect of the battle was left out, but overall they did an excellent job.

I can't believe there is only one episode left... :cry:

agreed... the chain locking them into the wildfire... epic. I remember the terror/ sense of defeat when davos saw it drawn taught.

a good episode but disappointing they didnt touch on any of the other story lines at least a little bit. obviously the battle for kings landing is most important.

a good episode but disappointing they didnt touch on any of the other story lines at least a little bit. obviously the battle for kings landing is most important.

terrible episode.

spent way too long on the battle and nothing else.

terrible episode.

spent way too long on the battle and nothing else.

i wanted to say it was a bad episode at first because of the fact it only dealt with stanis vs. lannister and the fight for kings landing and i really hate not getting at least a little bit of the other story lines

but if you look at it for what it was, an episode devoted to the fight, it was pretty great. it had excellent fight scenes with great interaction between sansa and cersei. Also loved the interaction between bronn and the hound. Also the hound telling joffrey to fock himself.

i was kind of wondering what happened to the red witch lady and the magical black vagina smoke? seems like that could have helped stannis? :lol: it's kind of like jon snows missing wolf. We get introduced to all these elements certain characters have that seem like they are supposed to be vital to their success and then they are nowhere to be found at the most important times.

they explained it a bit more in the books, but stannis decided not to take Melisandre (red lady) to King's Landing because it would undermine him in the eyes of his people, rally the kings landingers (old gods) against him (in the book the streets and support of Joffrey in kings landing were MUCH worse than they depicted in the show), and he wanted something more of a pure victory (than rhollor's fire/light/magic) for what he believed is his (the throne by rights)

and of course a different type of fire ended up hurting his hopes...along with image/symbolism of something else when Tywin showed up...which I'm not sure if they showed at the end...will have to re-watch the last 10 minutes

did you non-readers notice that was Ser Loras Tyrell next to Tywin?

I just read a huge event in the 3rd book. :shocking:

:thumbsup: I would guess around page 700 or so.

agreed... the chain locking them into the wildfire... epic. I remember the terror/ sense of defeat when davos saw it drawn taught.

Agreed. And a book spoiler

Was wondering how they would depict no nose from Tyrion, or if not at all. I guess he will have a scar instead. No nose would be brutal makeup.

Was that one of his own men that wounded/killed :unsure: Tyrion?

We get introduced to all these elements certain characters have that seem like they are supposed to be vital to their success and then they are nowhere to be found at the most important times.

That happens a lot in the books.

Yes.

Best book of the series. What page you on?

Something like 630.

I recently read the "red wedding" chapter.

:shocking:

Yep. He was the same guy who killed Arya's "dance" instructor.