Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

I meant Little Finger, aka Baelish.

:thumbsup:

yup. that makes sense.

the only thing that prevents me from really hating him is the gratuitous on-screen nudies he provides.

Wtihout Littlefinger, there'd be more Renly, and that could make it unwatchable (for me.)

yup. that makes sense.

the only thing that prevents me from really hating him is the gratuitous on-screen nudies he provides.

Wtihout Littlefinger, there'd be more Renly, and that could make it unwatchable (for me.)

I have fast forwarded through every Renly gay scene and I had to FF through the Joffrey scene last night when he busted out the scepter. Not sure I have ever hated a character as much as I hate his guts.

I don't know if I can handle 5 seasons of the bad guys consistently winning and the good guys consistently running away or dying.

:unsure:

I don't know if I can handle 5 seasons of the bad guys consistently winning and the good guys consistently running away or dying.

you should watch the Ricky Gervais show.

Question about Renly for you boys...

Is it his character you object to, or the fact that he is gay?

:unsure:

:dunno:

wparrot, you may remember, hen this whole thing started I said I did not want:

- over the top fantasy

- dropped/forgotten story lines (aka, the Sopranos)

and now, I'm with Ricey - I'll add to it:

- season after season of the good guys getting shi@t on.

There has to be a happy medium - again, a "realism" to it. If the Starks or Danaerys, etc NEVER accomplish their goals, NEVER get ahead, then it'll be rooned - a potentially GREAT story that go lost in it's own meloncholy.

I don't mind that he's gay at all, it's quite an interesting take on a character.

I just don't need to see other dudes going down on him and shaving him and all the gayness that comes with it.

The scene when his wife asked him if she wanted to include her brother so he could get it up, was mind boggling and pretty cool actually. I just don't need to see it.

hmmmmmm - neither.

He can be gay. That's OK.

Just shut the bedroom door - I don't wanna see it - you lose points if I have to see/hear/know any details.

I don't mind that he's gay at all, it's quite an interesting take on a character.

I just don't need to see other dudes going down on him and shaving him and all the gayness that comes with it.

The scene when his wife asked him if she wanted to include her brother so he could get it up, was mind boggling and pretty cool actually. I just don't need to see it.

hmmmmmm - neither.

He can be gay. That's OK.

Just shut the bedroom door - I don't wanna see it - you lose points if I have to see/hear/know any details.

So are you equally offended with the female sex scenes?

crazy and certainly not my "freak" scene... but an interesting lesson for any married couple:

Do you know how strong/powerful/invulnerable that made Renly and his Wife? There's NOTHING now that could harm them - their biggest "chink in the armor" is now gone all because (as Tyrion taught us last season) they admitted it, accepted it, they are what they are and now nobody can use it against them (imp, b@stard, etc).

So are you equally offended with the female sex scenes?

Not offended per se, but I'm not a fan of it, it's over-kill. Way too much of it.

crazy and certainly not my "freak" scene... but an interesting lesson for any married couple:

Do you know how strong/powerful/invulnerable that made Renly and his Wife? There's NOTHING now that could harm them - their biggest "chink in the armor" is now gone all because (as Tyrion taught us last season) they admitted it, accepted it, they are what they are and now nobody can use it against them (imp, b@stard, etc).

I fear Renly is going to die, soon. As I stated earlier today.

I fear Renly is going to die, soon. As I stated earlier today.

perhaps.

but the one big thing their enemies would go after was nullified with the wife's acknowledgement/acceptance of the situation.

:dunno:

wparrot, you may remember, hen this whole thing started I said I did not want:

- over the top fantasy

- dropped/forgotten story lines (aka, the Sopranos)

and now, I'm with Ricey - I'll add to it:

- season after season of the good guys getting shi@t on.

There has to be a happy medium - again, a "realism" to it. If the Starks or Danaerys, etc NEVER accomplish their goals, NEVER get ahead, then it'll be rooned - a potentially GREAT story that go lost in it's own meloncholy.

I remember TD. Keep the faith. I don't want to say much about the storylines so as not to even mess around with any spoilers, but I will say that in my opinion the fantasy never really gets too over the top, even through five books. Magic/fantastical stuff is present throughout the story, but it's always somewhat ancillary to the main story which is still about the people. It's a great ride, I wouldn't let the occasional dragon or shadow baby take away from that.

As far as what happens in the end, nobody knows that yet. Well maybe one guy does, but I don't think he's talking. He better be fockin' writing.

nope.

Interesting reply...

Meh, I'm gonna let this one slide. I'm just gonna assume that gays are not something you have had much exposure to.

the main story which is still about the people

This is it. I'm not the biggest fan of the fantasy genre but GRRM writes the characters so well (or so well you hate the character).

It seems just about everything that happens on screen was so much more subtle in the books. HBO just cant do this series justice (imo) in 60 minute snippets.

Interesting reply...

Meh, I'm gonna let this one slide. I'm just gonna assume that gays are not something you have had much exposure to.

I think not wanting to see 2 dudes get it on, is pretty much what every straight man would say is revolting.

Interesting reply...

Meh, I'm gonna let this one slide. I'm just gonna assume that male gays sex is not something you have had much exposure to.

Fixed, have you ?

meh - I don't want to go off on a tangent here.

I have some gay acquaintances/co workers/neighbors... no, none of my closest/best friends, but I do know and associate with a few gay people and I like them - they are good people.

I still don't want to see man-on-man action. :dunno:

I think not wanting to see 2 dudes get it on, is pretty much what every straight man would say is revolting.

I get what you are saying but...

Gays are a fact of life and I for one am happy to see that society has embraced them enough that they can now have something relatable to them being portrayed on t.v. and in the movies. I think the exposure to it can only serve as a positive thing.

I watch the show every week with my BF, and he has never indicated that any of the scenes with Renly have made him uncomfortable. Obviously, he's not turned on by it, but neither is he repulsed. Just like most lesbian stuff doesn't really do anything for most of us straight women, but it doesn't gross me out to see it either.

I guess I'm just wondering if some people who claim to be ok with gays, but prefer them in the closet, are really just saying that because it's PC?

it's funny because the renly stuff was not openly in the books... they're adding the over-the-top stuff for viewers / shock appeal (it's not TV. it's HBO.)

i dont remember reading anything about joffrey with the whip/sceptre either. the scene with sansa was worse though if I remember correctly...Ser Boros ripping off her top completely and they were throwing at her rotten food (or something like it). so I guess they didn't want to be too mean to Sansa on screen and took it out on the wh0res. eitherway, it works for good ol' joff.

because of how they ended the show last night...

I guess the taking/saving of Edric Storm at Highgarden isn't important seeing as how they must be cutting it out

I read the books, haven't seen season 2.

There are only vague hints that Renly is gay in the books. Most people probably overlooked them completely All the scenes that make it obvious were added for the show.

What is the ending last night that people are complaining about?

There are only vague hints that Renly is gay in the books. Most people probably overlooked them completely All the scenes that make it obvious were added for the show.

Davos took Melisandre by boat...and they showed Melisandre giving birth to something dark/shadowy on the eve of Stannis v. Renly's battle

which in the books isn't shown until dark creature birth #2

Mel gave birth to the "shadow"

But its out of sequence compared to the books. Should be interesting to see how they do this.

While not spoiling anything, I will say that when I read the books, I wondered along the way whether things were going to stay "realistic" or whether there would be dragons and such. You could probably take about 5 minutes out of season 1 and everything else could really have happened. Whether that continues I won't say but I guess some people prefer one way and some the other.

I get what you are saying but...

Gays are a fact of life and I for one am happy to see that society has embraced them enough that they can now have something relatable to them being portrayed on t.v. and in the movies. I think the exposure to it can only serve as a positive thing.

I watch the show every week with my BF, and he has never indicated that any of the scenes with Renly have made him uncomfortable. Obviously, he's not turned on by it, but neither is he repulsed. Just like most lesbian stuff doesn't really do anything for most of us straight women, but it doesn't gross me out to see it either.

I guess I'm just wondering if some people who claim to be ok with gays, but prefer them in the closet, are really just saying that because it's PC?

There's a world difference between "in the closet" and explicit sex scenes. :rolleyes:

All the sexy female bodies make up for the little bit of dude on dude action. Dani the Dragon chick and the f@g hag queen alone make up for the gay opened mouth kissing. And it still isn't as bad as True Blood.

Wasn't nearly enough incest in this past episode, though my preggo fetish was satisfied.

On a serious note, this show is awesome. Best use of a Dwarf since Twin Peaks!

There's a world difference between "in the closet" and explicit sex scenes. :rolleyes:

Look - if it was 2 really ugly girls I wouldn't care for it either.

Something tells me that almost everyone in this story is the bad guy.

Something tells me that almost everyone in this story is the bad guy.

Tyrion Lannister is anything but a 'good guy'. He just isn't totally evil and has some sense of what's just.

You have to be one evil bastard to see what was being done to Sansa and be okay with it.

You have to be one evil bastard to see what was being done to Sansa and be okay with it.

I was cool with it. :banana:

Tyrion Lannister is anything but a 'good guy'. He just isn't totally evil and has some sense of what's just.

The hooch is lucky to be alive. :wacko:

:bench:

Good episode last night.

They are doing a good job "explaining" the hocus locus stuff.

The idea is that the common people and legends/rumors skew everyone' perception of what reality is.

Last night had 3 scenes that were maybe there to "balance" the ridiculous smoke baby from last week:

1. Arya talking about Rob and how he rides a giant dire wolf and can't be killed, etc.

2. The magicians on Qarth who are just David Blaine street performers.

3. The firewater - a chemical that may have explained some if the old "magic".

The point Is to tell the story and sometimes they show us the "magic" side of the legend, sometimes the "real " side and in the end it's a lit of unknown as to what's myth or real.

Even in Beavehearr it was hinted at that William Walkace shot lightning bolts from his eyes, etc.

Good job getting the show back last night - I guess it isn't going off too far for me and Im happy about it.

Edit. Holy fockin iPhone typing.

Hope I'm not the only one who screamed "OHHH FOOOCKKKK!!!!" when the black smoke appeared in the tent.

and then have the rest of the people in my living room go "Really R? 2 minutes into the show dude? Really?"

R.I.P. Renly.

Really shows you that if you try to do anything good on the show or try to support the Starks, you will die within a few episodes.

Everyone following everything perfectly? I noticed adding closed captioning sometimes gives characters' names. I saw Polliver's name when he took Arya's sword an episode before we actually heard his name. And I would think these recaps (which give some extra info) would be much enjoyed by non-book folk:

Last Night's: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/game-of-thrones-recap-harrenhal/

Well this is great news. Renly and Stark are both reasonable people. Together their armies will easily defeat the Lannisters. With Renly, Westeros will get fair-minded king, while the Starks can rule the north from Winterfell. Fantastic, nothing could possibly stop--

Smoke monster!

Last Week's:

"Harder!" he yells. Ugh. I suppose this is Joffrey's idea of beating off. Could this character be any more despicable? Next week: An hour of Joffrey drowning kittens.

Arya and Gendry are put into a muddy, rainy cage. They learn The Mountain has been picking a prisoner every day to torture and kill. Great, so now after her successful escape from King's Landing and deception of the soldiers, the Lannisters might end up killing her by accident. Some poor sod is chosen to take a turn in the hot seat. The sellswords want to know about gold or silver hidden in nearby villages, also they're looking for intel on "the brotherhood" (not really important at this point).

Then Littlefinger makes his real pitch (as opposed to being there for anything that has to do with Renly): for Catelyn to go behind Robb's back and release Jaime. In return, the Lannisters will release her daughters Sansa and Arya. The Lannisters don't have Arya of course, but she doesn't know that … actually, the Lannisters do have Ayra, but they don't know that. I know, it's a lot to keep up with.

Arya has started a bedtime death wish list. Unlike Yoren, she has a lot of names: Joffrey, Cersei, The Hound (Joff’s “dog” Clegane), Ilyn Payne (the mute court executioner who ended Ned). To this list she adds The Mountain (Clegane) and Polliver (one of the men holding her captive; the one holding Needle).

For the past few episodes, Tyrion has been getting rid of any snitches who might be loyal to Cersei. Now he's recruiting spies of his own, convincing Lancel to spy on the queen regent.