Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

Agreed. And a book spoiler

Was wondering how they would depict no nose from Tyrion, or if not at all. I guess he will have a scar instead. No nose would be brutal makeup.

agreed...

I imagined half of his face caved in... in addition to the missing nose... i suppose it is an attempt to make the imp more identifiable... after all, in the book isn't he supposed to be more of a freak??? His eyes/brow are mishapen with one having a giant dark circle with the other one off color. Oh well... Pod to the rescue!

also... is it just me, or did you imagine all of the ships to be a lot bigger? I remember a scene where the HOUND boards a ship on horseback. He rides up a plank and cuts everyone down(as did the poosay LANCEL if i remember correctly... it's been awhile).

agreed...

I imagined half of his face caved in... in addition to the missing nose... i suppose it is an attempt to make the imp more identifiable... after all, in the book isn't he supposed to be more of a freak??? His eyes/brow are mishapen with one having a giant dark circle with the other one off color. Oh well... Pod to the rescue!

also... is it just me, or did you imagine all of the ships to be a lot bigger? I remember a scene where the HOUND boards a ship on horseback. He rides up a plank and cuts everyone down(as did the poosay LANCEL if i remember correctly... it's been awhile).

I don't remember that about the hound, but there was so much going on. The episode was really anti-climatic for me as it was much more grandiose in the book, on the limited budget that HBO must have, it was fine. glad most of those who haven't read liked it. The books are even more frustrating with a ton of details that lead to nothing at times, much more than these episodes are doing, but Martin's descriptions really paint a picture and is fun to read. I imagined more and bigger ships, and I also thought it happened during the daytime, but I might have missed it.

:music_guitarred:

Yep. He was the same guy who killed Arya's "dance" instructor.

I read further on this in a wiki of fire and ice..."However, in the fighting amidst the wreckage of the collapsing bridge of boats, Tyrion was severely wounded at the hands of Ser Mandon Moore of the Kingsguard, who had been Tyrion's sworn shield throughout the battle."

I guess I don't want a total spoiler, but is this act ever explained or was it already and I missed it? I guess I could see both Joffery or Cersi setting this up as they don't seem to be very close to their uncle/brother, but not really sure how this is a smart move during the attack on King's Landing? :unsure:

Something like 630. I recently read the ########## chapter. :shocking:

I would put this in spoiler tags.

I read further on this in a wiki of fire and ice..."However, in the fighting amidst the wreckage of the collapsing bridge of boats, Tyrion was severely wounded at the hands of Ser Mandon Moore of the Kingsguard, who had been Tyrion's sworn shield throughout the battle."

I guess I don't want a total spoiler, but is this act ever explained or was it already and I missed it? I guess I could see both Joffery or Cersi setting this up as they don't seem to be very close to their uncle/brother, but not really sure how this is a smart move during the attack on King's Landing? :unsure:

It's explained in the book, only I don't think until Storm of Swords-the next one.

Now I have to read the books :wall:

Yep. He was the same guy who killed Arya's "dance" instructor.

Actually, I think in both the book and the series it was Meryn Trant who apparently killed Syrio, not Moore.

It's explained in the book, only I don't think until Storm of Swords-the next one.

I'm trying to remember this. Could you give me a spoiler tagged reminder of just what went down?

I know Tyrion thinks Cersei was behind it, but is that ever shown to be true?

I'm trying to remember this. Could you give me a spoiler tagged reminder of just what went down?

I know Tyrion thinks Cersei was behind it, but is that ever shown to be true?

I've been searching for some evidence, but apparently there is none. I guess I just took the assumption that it was Cersei, as true.

I think it is different in the book. The guy they shown in the TV show was the same guy in the show who killed Sirio (sp?).

I think it is different in the book. The guy they shown in the TV show was the same guy in the show who killed Sirio (sp?).

It's Mandon Moore in both the books and the show.

I'm not saying you're wrong - I haven't seen the scene - but both Moore and Trant are King's Guard, and wear the King's Guard armor.

I'm not saying you're wrong - I haven't seen the scene - but both Moore and Trant are King's Guard, and wear the King's Guard armor.

I always may have no clue what I am talking about. I am good at that.

On a spoiler note:

I just read about the return of Barriston Selmy

:banana: :banana:

I just read about the return of Barriston Selmy

:banana: :banana:

:headbanger:

book 3 is just awesome. the whole 2nd half of that book is money.

and by money, i mean: oh no he di'int!

and don't miss the epilogue in the very back

book 3 is just awesome. the whole 2nd half of that book is money.

You fockers weren't kidding!!! It is great so far.

The Death of Joffry and the reappearance of Littlefinger.

:)

I got on a plane the other night and the guy sitting next to me had a book open and the title of the Chapter was "Danyerys." :cheers:

We chatted about the books, he is on the 5th. He did accidentally give some things away for me and when he would get to a new chapter, it would have the name of a character so I knew they were still alive.

He confirmed what you are all saying, the 2nd half of the 3rd book is money.

What a great episode, just some fantastic dialogue;

Varys: "I've always hated the bells, they ring for horror; a dead king, a city under siege..."

Tryion: "A wedding."

Varys: "Exactly."

:doublethumbsup:

That whole scene was killer. Great scenes with Varys and Tyrion, Tyrion and Bronn, Bronn and the Hound, the Hound and Joffrey, the Hound and Sansa, Sansa and Joffrey ( :thumbsup: ), Sansa and Cersei...

I loved the reactions of Tyrion and Bronn when they unleashed the Wildfire. Even though it was their plan they were clearly a little taken aback at the results. I thought that was a really good touch. I also thought the kid who plays Joffrey was excellent in portraying Joffrey's obvious fear and his weak efforts to mask it with his arrogance.

I wish they had had the chain and 'the three whores' though.

We recently spoke to showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss about some of the creative changes this year and next season’s plans. “[Jojen and Meera Reed] haven’t been written out,” Benioff says. “It’s important to point out that that we have the largest cast on television right now. We introduced dozens of new characters in season two. If you hurl 300 characters at an audience, the story collapses under the weight of too many faces, too many names, and too many subplots. We need to be just as mindful of the audience members who have never read the books as we are of the readers; the series will fail if we only appeal to those who already know the characters. So we try to be parsimonious about how many new roles we introduce to the story and when we introduce them.”

That said, get excited. Here’s who will appear in season three:

– Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.

– Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.

– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.

– Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.

– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.

– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.

– Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.

– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.

– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.

– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.

– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

Now, if a Book 3 character is not listed here, does that mean they are not in season three? Apparently not. Because Benioff then added: “And a few others…holy hell that’s a lot of new faces.”

~ew.com

We recently spoke to showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss about some of the creative changes this year and next seasons plans. [Jojen and Meera Reed] havent been written out, Benioff says. Its important to point out that that we have the largest cast on television right now. We introduced dozens of new characters in season two. If you hurl 300 characters at an audience, the story collapses under the weight of too many faces, too many names, and too many subplots. We need to be just as mindful of the audience members who have never read the books as we are of the readers; the series will fail if we only appeal to those who already know the characters. So we try to be parsimonious about how many new roles we introduce to the story and when we introduce them.

That said, get excited. Heres who will appear in season three:

Mance Rayder: Weve heard about him all season. A former member of the Nights Watch who became the King Beyond the Wall, the leader of the Wildlings.

Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.

Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.

Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.

Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Starks uncle.

Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheons wife.

Shireen: Stannis daughter.

Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrells sharp-witted grandmother.

Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.

Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.

Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

Now, if a Book 3 character is not listed here, does that mean they are not in season three? Apparently not. Because Benioff then added: And a few others…holy hell thats a lot of new faces.

~ew.com

Glad we are going to see the Blackfish, really assumed they had written him out.

Dondarion has already been introduced; Ned tasked him with hunting down The Mountain in Season 1.

We recently spoke to showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss about some of the creative changes this year and next season’s plans. “[Jojen and Meera Reed] haven’t been written out,” Benioff says. “It’s important to point out that that we have the largest cast on television right now. We introduced dozens of new characters in season two. If you hurl 300 characters at an audience, the story collapses under the weight of too many faces, too many names, and too many subplots. We need to be just as mindful of the audience members who have never read the books as we are of the readers; the series will fail if we only appeal to those who already know the characters. So we try to be parsimonious about how many new roles we introduce to the story and when we introduce them.”

That said, get excited. Here’s who will appear in season three:

– Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.

– Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.

– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.

– Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.

– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.

– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.

– Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.

– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.

– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.

– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.

– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

Now, if a Book 3 character is not listed here, does that mean they are not in season three? Apparently not. Because Benioff then added: “And a few others…holy hell that’s a lot of new faces.”

~ew.com

Only one person missing from that list that I would like to see:

Vargo Hoat

Only one person missing from that list that I would like to see:

Vargo Hoat

Oberyn Martell - The Red Viper. Maybe season 4.

Oberyn Martell - The Red Viper. Maybe season 4.

What about:

Roose Bolton

What about:

Roose Bolton

We've already seen him a couple of times this season.

I think you might be thinking of his bastard son, which I have a feeling we will see in the finale.

WTF! All a' yous and yer SPOILERS secret handshake Club. I didn't read 'em - I don't know your GoT handshake - cant we just have a discussion w/o all the secret spoilers!

Terrific show. Thoroughly entertaining. Now talk some smaht stuff about it without the spoilers.

:banana:

Also looks like I better just read Book 3.

WTF! All a' yous and yer SPOILERS secret handshake Club. I didn't read 'em - I don't know your GoT handshake - cant we just have a discussion w/o all the secret spoilers!

Terrific show. Thoroughly entertaining. Now talk some smaht stuff about it without the spoilers.

:banana:

Also looks like I better just read Book 3.

You might as well start with book one. That way you get some of the character background that doesn't come through in the show. Book two also has enough differences and characters, that you'll want to read that before the third one, otherwise you might not know who some of the people are.

Besides, they are an awesome read and I can't imagine you'll regret reading them.

Episode name Valar Morghulis translates to

all men must die in High Valyrian. It is a customary saying in Essos, and is traditionally answered with "Valar Dohaeris."

No Reek, no prophecy for Daenerys... but overall still pretty decent.

Not nearly as climatic as I was hoping. Looks like the countdown is on for next season.

need to up episodes to 90 minutes and have at least 12 :thumbsdown:

They shoulda ended the episode after the third horn blow.

The dracarys scene was decent.

I thought the opposite. I think the Zombies & WWalker on the horse were needed to give it that extra something at the end. And they should have had all 3 dragons pumping fire instead of just the one little guy taking out Pyat Pree (seemed a little too easy). Very glad they didn't cut out the Jaqen effect.

Even book-readers don't necessarily know what will come next in this show and have to pay attention!

need to up episodes to 90 minutes and have at least 12 :thumbsdown:

I'm surprised you are still watching it.

it is enjoyable and entertaining.

The Joffrey, Margery, Sansa dynamic is quite interesting - what's next for them? Margery can (hopefully) turn the tables on Joffrey, she'll make an interesting partner for him.

Should Sansa have gone with the Hound? Will the North actually fall? Winterfell is in Flames. Robb just married the wrong girl and will p!ss off his bannermen.

Are the people North of the Wall the True Northerners? And does John Snow have a chance to become prominent among them?

I was glad to see Danaery's pets finally have some b@lls - until now, they've been nothing more than fragile decorations - she's legit now and her 3 Flamethrowers are pretty bad ass.

Tywin is no fool - will he allow Tyrion to be put down by the dumb/incompetent Cercesie and Joffrey?

I'm going to read book 3... or, rather, I intend to read it, no idea if I'll ever have time though...

I thought the opposite. I think the Zombies & WWalker on the horse were needed to give it that extra something at the end. And they should have had all 3 dragons pumping fire instead of just the one little guy taking out Pyat Pree (seemed a little too easy). Very glad they didn't cut out the Jaqen effect.

Even book-readers don't necessarily know what will come next in this show and have to pay attention!

all 3 dragons did hit him with fire, no? i mean the one hit him first and then they all blasted him.

anyway, solid season ending. Jaqen is pretty badass and i hope bronn isn't gone for good. Really like his character.

But the finale left me with more questions than after any other episode. hoping some book readers can explain to me.

1. It seems that all Sansa cares about is being free of Joffrey. Why didn't she just go with the hound regardless of who won the battle for Kings landing?

2. All it takes is Jon Snow killing that other Nights Watch dude and the wildlings are willing to undo his cuffs? I understand they fought each other on purpose but it seemed too much like "oh ok we'll uncuff you now".

3. The young stark boys are told to pack up, leave winterfell and head north. they are told "they'll be back".... Im assuming Theon's men burned winterfell before they left but what happened to them being surrounded? Furthermore, why would they come back? They left because they knew they would stand no chance against the men that were sent by Robb. Or did i completely miss something here? Didn't Robb have one of his higher up guys send a smaller army to Winterfell to save his brothers? Once Theon and company left wouldn't they search for Bran and the other kid? this entire story line left me completely confused.

3. The young stark boys are told to pack up, leave winterfell and head north. they are told "they'll be back".... Im assuming Theon's men burned winterfell before they left but what happened to them being surrounded? Furthermore, why would they come back? They left because they knew they would stand no chance against the men that were sent by Robb. Or did i completely miss something here? Didn't Robb have one of his higher up guys send a smaller army to Winterfell to save his brothers? Once Theon and company left wouldn't they search for Bran and the other kid? this entire story line left me completely confused.

Not a book reader, yet anyway, but aren't the young Stark boys still believed to be dead/killed by most everyone? :unsure:

Not a book reader, yet anyway, but aren't the young Stark boys still believed to be dead/killed by most everyone? :unsure:

i have yet to hear Robb or lady stark mention the death of the young boys. I would think that would be a big scene for the mother to find out her 2 youngest are dead. also, Theon had all the Ravens killed so how would word get far beyond winterfell?

i just really don't get why the kids and their pals couldn't simply stay at Winterfell. Why would theon's men be back and what happened to the people surrounding winterfell that theon was ready to fight?

granted the men sent by Robb could have seen no sign of anyone and headed back to Stark camp but even so, why send the kids on a long trek north?

So um yeah, where is Jon Snow's wolf?

it ran back to winterfell?

i have yet to hear Robb or lady stark mention the death of the young boys. I would think that would be a big scene for the mother to find out her 2 youngest are dead. also, Theon had all the Ravens killed so how would word get far beyond winterfell?

i just really don't get why the kids and their pals couldn't simply stay at Winterfell. Why would theon's men be back and what happened to the people surrounding winterfell that theon was ready to fight?

granted the men sent by Robb could have seen no sign of anyone and headed back to Stark camp but even so, why send the kids on a long trek north?

Without saying too much, there is a whole storyline being left out involving Roose Bolton's bastard son, Ramsay Snow. I'm guessing that since they went through the trouble of having Roose tell Robb that his bastard is near Winterfell, and to send for him for help, that they plan on including it in next season. So I'll just leave it at that.

ETA- There is also another storyline involving a coule of characters we haven't met yet and Bran's dreams that also explain why they left.

Without saying too much, there is a whole storyline being left out involving Roose Bolton's bastard son, Ramsay Snow. I'm guessing that since they went through the trouble of having Roose tell Robb that his bastard is near Winterfell, and to send for him for help, that they plan on including it in next season. So I'll just leave it at that.

so who was outside the winterfell walls blowing the horns and riling up Theon? Who was Theon going to fight? How did Theon's men simply walk out of Winterfell and where did the people who had winterfell surrounded suddenly disappear to? and why are the boys being instructed to head north?

i get that they don't know exactly where Robb and lady stark are so heading south is a bad idea but why not stay put?