Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

That giant warrior chick kinda creeeped me out.

Brienne of Tarth... not quite as ugly as I envisioned.

I fully expect her to kill someone by snu snu

:lol:

I don't know who to complement. Mostly the author, some to the director, some to the actor.

But I hate Joffery so f'in much that I will punch the actor, Jack Gleeson, in the face if I ever meet him.

S2.EP04 (last night) was fantastic... right up until the end... I could get by Danaery and her pets, but more hocus pocus? I don't need 2 hocus pocus ladies in the mix now, that's just too much.

At this point, the show is ahead of what I read in book 2. Are they still being pretty faithful to the book? I know there have been minor variations here and there, but Arya, Gendry, Tyrion, Robb, and hocus pocus ladies... their storylines are book-accurate, yes?

Look - I love the show, I'll keep watching, but last night's ending was just a bit too much and I'm hoping that there's some "real" explanation for it, that it's a trick/illusion played on Davos to get him to "buy in" or something.

I think in an effort to keep the number of new characters that they had to introduce down, certain characters are taking over roles that were supposed to belong to other people. Other than that, the storyline, at least, seems to be the same as the book. I'm just not sure how or if they plan to introduce some of these omitted characters-who have significant roles later on-in future seasons.

I'll keep mum about the hocus pocus lady...

S2.EP04 (last night) was fantastic... right up until the end... I could get by Danaery and her pets, but more hocus pocus? I don't need 2 hocus pocus ladies in the mix now, that's just too much.

At this point, the show is ahead of what I read in book 2. Are they still being pretty faithful to the book? I know there have been minor variations here and there, but Arya, Gendry, Tyrion, Robb, and hocus pocus ladies... their storylines are book-accurate, yes?

Look - I love the show, I'll keep watching, but last night's ending was just a bit too much and I'm hoping that there's some "real" explanation for it, that it's a trick/illusion played on Davos to get him to "buy in" or something.

The Dragons were a ridiculous stretch and was a jump the shark moment, what I saw to the end this episode was worse than Fonzie in a leather coat on water skis. :thumbsdown:

The Dragons were a ridiculous stretch and was a jump the shark moment, what I saw to the end this episode was worse than Fonzie in a leather coat on water skis. :thumbsdown:

You do understand this is a fantasy series, don't you? :rolleyes:

You do understand this is a fantasy series, don't you? :rolleyes:

:o it is?

OHHHHHH!!! thank you. :rolleyes:

Up until the dragons were born, it was a pretty realistic 'fantasy' series, wasn't it?

Now it has turned into Lost. Black smoke monster born from a ladies vadge? really? :wacko:

:o it is?

OHHHHHH!!! thank you. :rolleyes:

Up until the dragons were born, it was a pretty realistic 'fantasy' series, wasn't it?

Now it has turned into Lost. Black smoke monster born from a ladies vadge? really? :wacko:

The first scene of the series features reanimated corpses. That stuff is all straight out of the books. If you're bothered by it you might as well give up on the series now.

The first scene of the series features reanimated corpses. That stuff is all straight out of the books. If you're bothered by it you might as well give up on the series now.

+1

Don't watch a fantasy series and then complain about the fantasy. :wacko:

+1

Yep.

:music_guitarred:

The first scene of the series features reanimated corpses.

At least they were people at one point.

punch , Jack Gleeson

:unsure:

At least they were people at one point.

And the creatures that reanimated them, who have apparently been sleeping under the ice for thousands of years?

+1

How about if we complain that there isnt more fantasy?

nice trade douche :lol:

Great post, c0cksucker.

:overhead:

Oh wait...i totally missed the hilarity of this.... the guy who is upset that a tv show has too much pretend stuff in it, is making fun of me in multiple threads about a bad trade i made in (wait for it) a fantasy baseball league. LOL. Beautiful. Maybe you should stick to posting cat videos you find on Youtube.

As long as we're not happy about something, that's the important thing. :thumbsup:

As long as we're not happy about something, that's the important thing. :thumbsup:

Im never happy about anything..

Someone cutting off King Joffrey's balls and shoving them down his throat might make me smile though.

Im never happy about anything..

Someone cutting off King Joffrey's balls and shoving them down his throat might make me smile though.

I guess inbreeding makes you a doosh. Mebbe we can verify this with Sux.

and gay.

I was born in Massachusetts and moved here when i was 6. Its just my kids that are inbred.

I was born in Massachusetts and moved here when i was 6. Its just my kids that are inbred.

I was talking about Joffrey! :doh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and OK - so here's why we like Tyrion so much...

yes, he steals every scene and has great lines - but that's not it

yes, he's whored and drank his way merrilly thru life - but that's not it

yes, he's wicked smaht and has everyone under his thumb - but that's not it

It's because he's the only "good guy" that that has actually had any success. Everyone else we like or root-for is suffering and seemingly will have no revenge, no "day in the sun".

I guess Robb winning wars is a bit of revenge or positive for a "good guy" but he still hasn't saved his sisters or avenged his father.

Snow is getting one kick in the b@lls after another.

Danaerys is starving with a handful of savages and has no revenge on either the Throne or Drogo's enemies.

Arya and Gendry have not had anything go their way.

Thus far Tyrion is the ONLY character that provides us with any sense of revenge or justice - everyone else we root for just keeps getting kicked in the haid - it's really rather bleak.

It's because he's the only "good guy" that that has actually had any success. Everyone else we like or root-for is suffering and seemingly will have no revenge, no "day in the sun".

I guess Robb winning wars is a bit of revenge or positive for a "good guy" but he still hasn't saved his sisters or avenged his father.

Danaerys is starving with a handful of savages and has no revenge on either the Throne or Drogo's enemies.

Thus far Tyrion is the ONLY character that provides us with any sense of revenge or justice - everyone else we root for just keeps getting kicked in the haid - it's really rather bleak.

:thumbsup:

It is very true.

I haven't read the books, but I'm not sure how long this will go on.

I don't know if I can handle 5 seasons of the bad guys consistently winning and the good guys consistently running away or dying.

When does the f@g wannabe king Renly die? his day is coming, I can sense it.

Will Stannis kill him? maybe the smoke monster will kill him?

I have not read the books, or have any insight, merely a hunch.

Renly and the Tyrrells

vs.

Stannis and the Red Lady

:dunno: who to root for?

are either of them, "good"?

Davos is likeable - I guess out of that whole group, we're supposed to like Davos the most -

but Renly vs. Stannis? don't know who I like really. If Renly didn't so openly gay it up on screen, he'd be more likable.

So, I guess, here's who I'm rooting for(in order).

Rooting for:

1. Arya - Ned Stark is the original "good guy" - the ultimate protagonist - so by definition, I root for his kids. Arya is the kid who's the most likeable and has suffered the most (arguably).

2 Jon Snow - guy just gets a raw deal all around and he's still good/smart/capable/etc.

3. Danaerys - seems to me like she's the rightful heir to the throne and her Dragons prove that the Targaryan legends were not false. Good person, good leader, rightful claimant and also been kicked aplenty and endured.

4. Tyrion Lannister - if he didn't have sucn a bad last name, he'd be higher than 3. Tyrion is wise, just, and compassionate. If he were ruling, the realm would be well cared for - but he's a Lannister, it's the only thing against him, but it's a big one.

5. Bran Stark - maybe not enough of a major character (yet?) but that poor kids been given a raw deal too and also has some hocus pocus of his own.

6. Rob Stark - for whatever reason Robb isn't as likeable as Arya and Snow, but you've got to give him his due, he's lead and soldiered well.

7. Varys - another unfortunate soul that's made good for himself. Varys isn't exactly a "good guy" but I do believe he truly serves the realm (as he claims). For overcoming his own eunich-ness and staying loyal to the realm, he lands at #7.

8. Davos Seaworthy - he's honarable. Though still a relatively minor character, whenever he makes an appearance, you feel like there are still Ned Stark types left in Westeros. If his role expands, he could climb these rankings.

9. The Hound - as time passes, we get to know that despite his capabilities at War, he too is a broken, crippled thing who likely serves as he does b/c he has no choice. The Hound's bark is worse than his bite and he may be a whole lot more good than bad in the end.

10. Sansa - I'm still not sure I root for that snotty bi@tch, but at this point, enough is enough, she's served her time.

honorable mentions: Sam, Ser Jorah

I'm rooting for Joffrey and Varys

too die in a space shuttle accident.

What? it's fantasy right?

do you dislike Varys?

why.

I apologize.

I meant Little Finger, aka Baelish.

Although, not a big fan of Varys. he could have helped Ned, but chose not to. He told him to admit to treason, which didn't help.