Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

They were there to kill Dany. Once she was gone, what's the point?

They were slaying all non-Harpys in the crowd. Why would they stop after she left?

They were there to kill Dany. Once she was gone, what's the point?

:dunno: they killed Barristan and almost Grey Worm... it's kinda' a war, no? Sharks/Jets... Cripps/Bloods, Harpies/Dragons

Why not just bring it to maximus cheesimus next week

Melisandre rides a pus5y smoke monster and Dani riding her dragon and they have some sort of naked sissy slap fight

:sleep:

:dunno: they killed Barristan and almost Grey Worm... it's kinda' a war, no? Sharks/Jets... Cripps/Bloods, Harpies/Dragons

It wasn't supposed to be a battle, it was supposed to be a slaughter. They planned to have surprise and prohibitive numbers. Jorah's spear killed the surprise, and Drogon cut the numbers advantage way down. I can see where those types wouldn't want to engage in a protracted fight against a group of far superior fighters -although the Unsullied continue to look like dogsh!t in battle - once Elvis has left the building. :dunno:

They were slaying all non-Harpys in the crowd. Why would they stop after she left?

Because they had killed all the low hanging fruit and about all that were left were seasoned fighters and Unsullied?

the unsullied are the biggest bunch of frauds since the 2002 Olympic Basketball team

Stannis is quite an interesting fellow now.

Sacrificed his daughter so he could sit on the throne. This daughter that just a few weeks ago he had given a really touching talk about she was his daughter and the princess and nothing was going to change that, not even greyscale. Then a sudden about face as he'll do literally anything to get the throne.

On the other hand his men were all going to die there in the winter with no food or provisions. So you sacrifice your own precious daughter to save many thousands of men...one could almost look at that as noble. Almost.

Stannis found out that Shireen's real father was Seal

Stannis, faced with a false dilemma, sacrifices his child. Awful.

Shireen was wiser than Stannis - he asked her, "which King would you choose" and she answered, "neither".

Stannis believes he only had 2 choices:

- let his men die and lose the war

or

- sacrifice his child

I'm quite curious what the "result" will be. Stannis believes that the previous sacrifices yielded results - but were they just coincidence? Nobody even believes Brienne that a "shadow" killed Renley.

So what now? A Wildling army show up with food and reinforcements and Stannis wins? And it's b/c of the sacrifice?

I'm still skeptical of the Red Woman's "true" powers beyond seduction and trickery.

It would seem she had Renly Baratheon killed. And her leech spell on the three usurpers sure came to fruition, and quickly. Would be some pretty amazing coincidences if she had no unearthly powers.

It wasn't supposed to be a battle, it was supposed to be a slaughter. They planned to have surprise and prohibitive numbers. Jorah's spear killed the surprise, and Drogon cut the numbers advantage way down. I can see where those types wouldn't want to engage in a protracted fight against a group of far superior fighters -although the Unsullied continue to look like dogsh!t in battle - once Elvis has left the building. :dunno:

The Unsullied just aren't good at combat in close quarters. An amazing fighting force until confronted with the realities of occupation and urban warfare. Hmm where have we seen that before?

Personally I think Stannis' army will fall from within. Saw some soldiers shaking their heads when he sacrificed his daughter last night, like that was just too focked up even within the context of war in the Game of Thrones

Stannis, faced with a false dilemma, sacrifices his child. Awful.

Shireen was wiser than Stannis - he asked her, "which King would you choose" and she answered, "neither".

Stannis believes he only had 2 choices:

- let his men die and lose the war

or

- sacrifice his child

I'm quite curious what the "result" will be. Stannis believes that the previous sacrifices yielded results - but were they just coincidence? Nobody even believes Brienne that a "shadow" killed Renley.

So what now? A Wildling army show up with food and reinforcements and Stannis wins? And it's b/c of the sacrifice?

I'm still skeptical of the Red Woman's "true" powers beyond seduction and trickery.

From what I have seen on this show, like a lady climb a dragon and magically hang onto it while it flew.

anything is possible.

We did she her squirt out a smoke monster, no?

Personally I think Stannis' army will fall from within. Saw some soldiers shaking their heads when he sacrificed his daughter last night, like that was just too focked up even within the context of war in the Game of Thrones

I think the lesson we should all take from last night is 'never agree to anything before you know the terms'....Oh yes Daddy, I'll do whatever you need. :nono:

how did Ramsay Snow and 20 guys, start more than 20 fires all at the same time, while lighting horses and tents on fire?

Were the horses in the tents?

Nice of Jorah McGreyscale to offer Dany a hand down from the dais. :doh:

how did Ramsay Snow and 20 guys, start more than 20 fires all at the same time, while lighting horses and tents on fire?

Were the horses in the tents?

Yeah I had a hard time with that too. Your whole army got focked by 20 guys? Really? C'mon.

Yeah I had a hard time with that too. Your whole army got focked by 20 guys? Really? C'mon.

Yes, that was pretty dumb. Twenty guys started these perfectly synchronized and hugely destructive fires all over the camp and slipped in and out untouched apparently.

Nice Jorah McGreyscale to offer Dany a hand down from the dais. :doh:

:doublethumbsup:

An interesting take on Shireen's death from the show's creator:

Game of Thrones showrunner Dan Weiss spoke to EW about the sequence, and how it ties the shows exploration of fanaticism. Horrible things happening to people in this show, and this is one that we thought was entirely [narratively] justified, Weiss said. It was set-up by the predicament that Stannis was in. It will be awful to see, but its supposed to be awful.

When I asked Weiss the question that fans surely have tonight: How could you do that to Shireen? Weiss philosophically noted you could flip that question into a larger debate about how were all highly selective about which characters deserve our empathy. Stannis has been burning people alive for seemingly trivial reasons since season 2, yet weve still tended to regard him as a great leaderat least, by Westeros standards.

Its like a two-tiered system, he noted. If a superhero knocks over a building and there are 5,000 people in the building that we can presume are now dead, does it matter? Because theyre not people we know. But if one dog we like gets run over by a car, its the worst thing weve weve ever seen. I totally understand where that visceral reaction comes from. I have that same reaction. Theres also something shitty about that. So instead of saying, How could you do this to somebody you know and care about? maybe when its happening to somebody we dont know so well, maybe then it should hit us all a bit harder.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/07/game-thrones-Shireen

Yes, that was pretty dumb. Twenty guys started these perfectly synchronized and hugely destructive fires all over the camp and slipped in and out untouched apparently.

The show has seriously jumped the shark.

I wouldn't go that far, but if it has can we update the saying and start saying shows have "flown the dragon"?

I wouldn't go that far, but if it has can we update the saying and start saying shows have "flown the dragon"?

:first:

Seeing there are no real dragons, who was the lucky guy that got to dress in green suit for Dani to mount while filming?

Was George on set?

the unsullied are the biggest bunch of frauds since the 2002 Olympic Basketball team

Or the 2007 Patriots.

Jeebus Ed, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it you who said the same thing after season one finale when the dragons were hatched? It lost all ties to reality or whatever you were saying, right?

It seems like you changed your mind and were on the "best show on TV" bandwagon for a few seasons and now the show has jumped the shark again.

You people are a fickle bunch.

Jeebus Ed, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it you who said the same thing after season one finale when the dragons were hatched? It lost all ties to reality or whatever you were saying, right?

It seems like you changed your mind and were on the "best show on TV" bandwagon for a few seasons and now the show has jumped the shark again.

It wasn't what happened necessarily, it was the cheese factor.

The sloppy writing in this past episode was Walking Deadesque

yeah, cause usually he's Steady Eddie. :lol:

Look who you're talking about man. He's borderline retarded.

Stop all the complaining about the dragon scene at the end. They've been talking about Targaryens riding dragons since the beginning of the show. You knew it would eventually happen.

Lots of :shocking: things on last night's episode and it seems the tamest turns out to be Meryn Trant- the pedophile. :o

Meryn Trant- the pedophile. :o

He never said he wanted the girl to be under 16, did he?

What is even the law for statutory rape back in those times?

A show that has brothers and sisters focking and having children and you're worried about a guy who likes em young?

I'd be more worried she will probably end up dead.

A show that has brothers and sisters focking and having children and you're calling a guy that liked em young a pedophile?

That girl was clearly not supposed to be of age.

A show that has brothers and sisters focking and having children and you're worried about a guy who likes em young?

I'd be more worried she will probably end up dead.

To wit.

Stop all the complaining about the dragon scene at the end. They've been talking about Targaryens riding dragons since the beginning of the show. You knew it would eventually happen.

Lots of :shocking: things on last night's episode and it seems the tamest turns out to be Meryn Trant- the pedophile. :o

MTIAFP

I can buy that there were only a few Unsullied in the arena as it was entertainment... but still not sure why the Harpies would be killing former slave-owners & slaves in the crowd when they want status quo back (their economy). They are mass killing the crowd that was an inch away from attacking Mama/Unsullied just a few episodes ago when she hanged the guy in public.

Ah well. Not surprised the inconsistent stuff was not from the books. (Mrs. Baratheon shouldn't have broken character and screamed to stop for daughter at the end either... she was always more mind-zapped for Red God than Stannis).

Here's how I would have done the last scene;

Once they are trapped in the tunnel, they stay there. This is exactly the kind of situation the Unsullied are built for. The Unsullied form a shield wall and the Harpies throw themselves against it a few times, until most of the Unsullied have been cut down, but they cut down a sh!t-load of Harpies in the process. This allows the Unsullied to actually look like a bad-ass fighting force for once. Once the Unsullied are down, Harpies cluster around the end of tunnel preparing to overrun the rest. Just when it looks like there's no hope, fire shoots down from above, a complete surprise. Drogon then lands in front of the mouth of the tunnel, roasts or flings a few more Harpies, then turns and screams at Dany like he did. She runs and jumps on his back and they fly away, blowing fire as they go. Short and sweet, get the fock out of Dodge. Jorah hacks through the lock on the door and the rest of them haul ass out the door.

End scene.

• Like 1

Once they are trapped in the tunnel, they stay there. This is exactly the kind of situation the Unsullied are built for. The Unsullied form a shield wall and the Harpies throw themselves against it a few times, until most of the Unsullied have been cut down, but they cut down a sh!t-load of Harpies in the process. This allows the Unsullied to actually look like a bad-ass fighting force for once. Once the Unsullied are down, Harpies cluster around the end of tunnel preparing to overrun the rest. Just when it looks like there's no hope, fire shoots down from above, a complete surprise. Drogon then lands in front of the mouth of the tunnel, roasts or flings a few more Harpies, then turns and screams at Dany like he did. She runs, RIPS OFF HER CLOTHES and jumps on his back and they fly away, blowing fire as they go. Short and sweet, the get the fock out of Dodge. Jorah hacks through the lock on the door and the rest of them haul ass out the door.

End scene.

fixed.

Once they are trapped in the tunnel, they stay there. This is exactly the kind of situation the Unsullied are built for. The Unsullied form a shield wall and the Harpies throw themselves against it a few times, until most of the Unsullied have been cut down, but they cut down a sh!t-load of Harpies in the process. This allows the Unsullied to actually look like a bad-ass fighting force for once. Once the Unsullied are down, Harpies cluster around the end of tunnel preparing to overrun the rest. Just when it looks like there's no hope, fire shoots down from above, a complete surprise. Drogon then lands in front of the mouth of the tunnel, roasts or flings a few more Harpies, then turns and screams at Dany like he did. She runs and jumps on his back and they fly away, blowing fire as they go. Short and sweet, get the fock out of Dodge. Jorah hacks through the lock on the door and the rest of them haul ass out the door.

End scene.

I'd have had Tyrion eat some spinach and then just run rough shot over everyone.

What the fock good is Jorah? he got his ass kicked in every fight he was in

5.09 The Dance of Dragons

What a disturbing episode in so many ways. I will predict that 4 U.S. Senators will declare that they will no longer watch this show anymore and advise moving for sanctions, this after 5 seasons of watching mindless violence, much appreciated nudity, and many, many immoral acts. Most likely because these politicians are members of Sons of Harpy. They are everywhere.But there is one character that singlehandedly changed the face of the show. So evil, so despicable, so infuriating awful that I just wanted to kick him to death. Ladies and gentleman, does Mace Tyrell have no soul? He put his arm around that banker and started his awful caterwauling, which some call singing, I call it a scream from a banshee. Oh, the GOT gods, which one of the thousands that exist I do not care, please protect my innocent ears from the audio evil flowing from those mushy lungs. And enough about the wine. Sure, you are probably a p!ss yourself to sleep drunk, but the bankers care about the enormous debt of money and he was merely being polite in small talk. Yes, Mace, your mother has verbally browbeat you into submission during your entire life. I can still picture Homer Simpson chasing Bart down the street, swinging a mace, growling, “I’ll mace you good!” I’m sure being raised by the WolverOlenna was something like that. No excuses. Mace Tyrell is the boorish dinner guest schmuck from Hell and must be stopped.

Arya continues her quest to assassinate the gambler/merchant on the docks with oysters, but is easily distracted by the arrival of the King’s Landing party, including the aforementioned Mace Tyrell and Meryn Trant, one of the four that Arya has swore to kill as revenge. Sadly, after spending so much time asking for training from Jaqen, Arya is throwing it all away to chase another quest. It’s really unfathomable how someone can get so easily distracted from such an importa…oh, look, a puppy!! How adorable. It was really bothersome how Arya is supposed to be a faceless assassin, but went out of her way to be as conspicuous as possible, being noticed by everybody in sight by her presence. If not noticed, she then broadcast her presence with the tact of hitting someone over the head with a mallet. It’s like watching Leslie Nielsen bumbling his way through a spy movie spoof. Selling seafood in a brothel? The mind reels at the health regulation violations, and that’s before even considering the seafood. Meryn Trant goes to a Braavos brothel, where he likes them younger than young. See, all the outrage you will hear about this week is over Shireen. But Trant is in Chris Hansen land, and you will hear nary a peep from the general public. It’s because people are not nearly invested in this anonymous chamber girl being led to very bad night, a Bill Cosby night; in contrast, viewers were watching Sansa for 5 seasons before her unfortunate wedding night. How can this show do this to Sansa? It’s all about familiarity and the viewer attachment to particular characters. I’m still puzzled why Trant didn’t recognize Arya, as he’s seen her about town a few times now, and he must have some recollection of Arya in King’s Landing, especially since she looks about the same as 5 years ago facially, just a bit taller. Since Trant has his eye on the young girls, he surely must have something in his conscious about her. Arya still needs to poison the gambler, but it seems that she will call the audible and go after Trant, most likely by posing as a brothel girl. Should be extremely uncomfortable to watch as she will be put in a precarious position and barely escape, maybe with Jaqen showing up at the last second, maybe not.

The group of wildlings and Night Watch return from the massacre at Hardhome to the Wall. It seemed like Alliser Thorne was going to give the group some problems making the tunnel crossing, in the end he simply tells Jon Snow that he has a good heart which will get them all killed. That about as nice as each have been to each other, ever. The giant is a nice addition, especially since we haven’t seen Hodor all season. Hodor!! Something bad is probably going to happen soon, feels ominous, which may put the wildlings and Watch at odds. Probable in-fighting inside Castle Black upcoming? They can’t really ride off to join Stannis as they need to protect the wall from the attack from beyond the Wall, but they are indebted to Stannis for the ships. That creepy fock Olly is still hanging around on the periphery, all butt hurt. It’s just mind boggling that some/most of the Watch do not see the big picture, which is full of White Walkers and wights and certain death. It’s not like the Wall is going to be tall enough to keep the Walkers from going over the top or even through it. They have assembled a legion of undead.

Team Stannis has lost many members today. All bandwagon jumpers can get off. Who needs ya? Ramsay and his small group of men snuck into the Stannis camp and crippled them by burning their supplies. You can seem them running away in between tents as the fires ignited, which didn’t seem to come as a surprise to Melisandre who came out to watch. Pretty clever plan by that sick basterd Ramsay. Stannis is now ridge-rocked, caught in undesirable situation with few if any good options. Davos tries to reason with him, but Stannis gets rid of Davos with a bogus mission to clear the way for some good old fashioned horror movie plot twists. With the approval/encouragement of Melisandre and Selyse, he ties his daughter Shireen to the stake and burns her alive in front of his soldiers. Well, it wasn’t Human Centipede III. Stannis didn’t even have the fortitude to stand up there in front of her and watch. He was in hiding. I get it, people are jumping off the Stannis bandwagon. Not me. Oh, but he killed his daughter. And? Didn’t we see him help create some demon thing to kill his own brother a couple of seasons ago? This is a man with very few emotions but a calculating mind. He believes that by sacrificing his daughter, he will save the lives of his troops, continue his quest to ascent to the Iron Throne, and ultimately this is the greater good. He feels that he is the only person deserving of the throne and will do whatever it takes to achieve what he feels is the right thing to do and in the end, a noble mission. That doesn’t mean he always does the right thing or the noble thing. On the other hand, if he loses to Bolton’s forces, wouldn’t you expect Ramsay to skin Shireen alive on one of those crosses? Or, Shireen freezes to death on the battlefield during the long cold winter which could last a very long time. It’s not like Shireen wasn’t in a precarious position anyway. The same with the troops, facing death. Stannis is all in with this Lord of the Light stuff, so he’s doing what he thinks is right. I get it, I get it, many are still going to be outraged over the girl screaming for her parents as they allowed her to burn to death. It was a tough scene to endure. Probably the toughest scene in the show so far. This show avoids cookie cutter characters where everybody is always good or always evil. There are many greys in the color scheme. It could be worse. What? You going to start rooting for the Boltons. Ahem. The wedding? Remember? It’s a fickle viewing public. Stannis is still the only person vying for power who answered the distress call concerning the White Walkers. The only one. So long, Lizard Girl. She lived a miserable life and died in a bad way. HBO missed an opportunity as it’s only two weeks from Father’s Day.

One of the most pragmatic people of power in Westoros may very well be Doran. Doran has pardoned Jaime, seamlessly negotiated Myrcella’s release, arranged his proxy to be on the Small Council, and got Bronn to go free. Jaime basically kept nodding and agreeing to everything since it meant he would be able to keep his head for a while longer and he has a large hat collection he didn’t want to see go to waste. Doran is trying to avoid a war; unfortunately he has no idea how weakened the Lannisters are at the moment, so striking out might have been a viable option. Ellaria can’t be pleased to have to pledge her loyalty to Doran, in front of people, so she will absolutely try to kill him. It just makes me cringe when somebody pours good alcohol out on the floor. Oh, the humanity. I oh so badly wanted to jam forks into my eyes during the hand clapping exercises in the jail cell between the Khardashians. It was so much harder to watch than Shireen die clutching her carved toy than those oafs playing patty cakes. If I were offered a choice of watching the Khardashians for an entire episode or death, I’ll grabbing the rope and tying myself to the stake. Ellaria has a subtle conversation with Jaime, inferring that she knows all about the Jaime and Cersei incest-connect. What exactly is the entire point of Dorne this year? Anything? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Pit fighting tournament, where the Dumb Ass of Dragons is surrounded by Tyrion, Missandei, Daario, and late arriving Hizdahr. First, there is a serious lack of secret service type of guards around the DAOD. It’s not like her life has been threatened repeatedly. My initial thought was that Hizdahr was late as he was giving last minute instructions to the Sons of Harpy, but that ultimately proved to be incorrect. Hizdahr and Daario kept an argument going that in my head went “sexual innuendo, sexual innuendo, take a breath, more sexual innuendo, other guy talks, sexual innuendo..” Insert snarky Tyrion comment every so often. And that’s the recipe. In the second match, Jorah shows up again, at which point you could see the words “stalker” form in DAOD’s dimbulb head. Jorah is stealing DAOD’s shoes and running around with a zit on his eyeball. Whether it’s because of greyscale or that he’s old, Jorah struggles with his opponents until winning in the end with luck and a bunch of wounds that will be conveniently forgotten. Jorah throws a spear at the first Harpy assassin attacking DAOD before everything goes sideways. There were more Sons of Harpy in the stands than candidates for the president right now. Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t the Sons of Harpy working against DAOD, not the spectators in the stadium that they were killing indiscriminately? So many masks. Are they all made from gold? Because whomever is manufacturing them is making out like a bandit. Hizdahr dies, which I was genuinely surprised by but quite happy to see happen. Don’t overlook that Jorah touched DAOD with his bare hand, so we seeing a set up where DAOD goes greyscale, giving her dragon skin? I doubt it, as that would fock up the audience with a horrific act. You know, like burning your child to death or a kid toucher in a brothel getting away with it. That stalker Jorah would not be deterred either. So, the DAOD and friends are completely surrounded by their enemies in the pit, until the expected cavalry up. Drogon the dragon, which is a dumb name, it’s like calling your cat “Cat”. Drogon sets some people on fire, eats a few others, gets a back full of spears. DAOD, instead of pulling all the spears out or motivating her dragon to keep attacking, decides she needs to get close and pet the dragon like it’s a bunny. Tick, tock, tick tock. Times a wastin’. She climbs aboard the dragon and flies away. Which is a scene I wasn’t crazy about. And it’s not just because I’ve come to dislike the whole Daenerys character, who might still find some redemption through Tyrion’s guidance, but not now. For an episode, even further, for a series, that seems so gritty, so despondent, so opaque, so melancholy, the riding the flying dragon felt too Disney. It’s something that George Lucas would have thought of, and nobody really gives a fock what that lunkhead George Lucas thinks about. I’m sure there will be a few more dragons coming any second now to pick up your friends in the pit and rescue them too. Oh, there’s not? Did DAOD leave her friends behind? They weren’t exactly rescued at that point. DAOD has gone diva and left her entourage behind.

There was quite the stark contrast of the last two episodes that have been shown. Last week, we get the depressing defeat to the White Walkers in the cradle of winter and snow. This week, the show runners and editors tried to end the episode on a more uplifting note, showcasing the dragons and fire working towards a common good. Of course the dichotomy of ice vs. fire. I wasn’t uplifted. In fact, I’m again considering going Team White Walkers. How awesome would that be? Seven seasons, final episode, the top White Walker sits on the Iron Throne, everybody dead. The End. Epic. So many angry folks. The goal of this episode was basic manipulation. They want you to stop rooting for Stannis and to make sure you are currently completely behind the Dumb Ass of Dragons.