Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

I thought the throne was made out of swords from the defeated?

:unsure:

I thought the throne was made out of swords from the defeated?

Its made out of the piano from Goonies

Most people just say Sherlock to make that inference, but ok. But it doesnt change the fact that kuntulu is a poseur.

When you constantly repeat something you become Focken annoying. You think he's a poseur. We get it. Now stop ruining this thread by repeating it over and over.

When you constantly repeat something you become Focken annoying. You think he's a poseur. We get it. Now stop ruining this thread by repeating it over and over.

Coming from the all time poseur in geek club history. GFY

Sorry to have partly ruined my own thread. Let's just all agree that game of thrones is a pretty kick ass show, for those who know a ton about the story, those that know a little and those of us in the middle

And that magnificent bastard is a major dooshnozzle :banana: :banana: :banana:

Coming from the all time poseur in geek club history. GFY

And how would you know? Remember those events unfolded before you ever came here ;)

And how would you know? Remember those events unfolded before you ever came here ;)

Before I signed up, Holmes. Anyone can read the board, smartass.

Bad ass.

I just watched the two most recent episodes. The battle with the white walkers was focking sick.

And the dragon killing the sons of the harpy... Awesome.

I can't wait until the dragons and the white walkers tangle.

Wow, we're off book now. :shocking:

Good, now you fuks can quit dropping non-stop spoilers.

Good, now you fuks can quit dropping non-stop spoilers.

I think most of us have been pretty good about putting spoiler tags on stuff. It's kind of hard not to talk about the books (if you've read them) while discussing the show. But since you haven't, I guess it's hard for you to understand.

I think the book reading crew around here has been fantastic to us show watchers. Thank you.

This is true. I haven't come in and had anything spoiled

Now on to the show:!F Stannis, I'm out of his camp now. I would assume John was going to send him the wildings who would tear apart winter fell and the Boltons. No need to kill the kid. When Davos finds out I think he's going to off the red woman I can see Stanis going mad. Can't wait to see what Aryana has planned. Jamie looks to be on his way back to Cercei, should be interesting when that civil war breaks out.

I think the book reading crew around here has been fantastic to us show watchers. Thank you.

Except The Moz, yes

I think Tyene may be the most beautiful woman in the (GoT) world. It's between her and Missandei.

Another great episode! Watching the scene with Dany riding off on Drogon almost made me forget about Stannis murdering his own daughter. This show is beyond focked up.

And I think the book readers have done a good job of avoiding spoilers. In fact, I have avoided talking about current episodes simply because it was so long ago that I finished the books that I'm worried about inadvertently talking about something that hasn't yet happened.

I think Tyene may be the most beautiful woman in the (GoT) world. It's between her and Missandei.

I was partial to Roos, johns wilding and the red lady. But Tyene is gaining ground

I was partial to Roos, johns wilding and the red lady. But Tyene is gaining ground

I like brunettes :wub:

BTW Roos is a dude. Notthatthere'sanythingwrongwiththat

I like brunettes :wub:

BTW Roos is a dude. Notthatthere'sanythingwrongwiththat

Ross? The one Theon was banging. And Tyrion, until little finger gave her to Joffrey.

Ross? The one Theon was banging. And Tyrion, until little finger gave her to Joffrey.

The wh0re? That the half man killed?

The wh0re? That the half man killed?

No, the one who left winterfell on a cart and showed Theon her Cooley. Worked for little finger but was feeding info to Varys. Joffrey shot her with the crossbow in his chambers.

No, the one who left winterfell on a cart and showed Theon her Cooley. Worked for little finger but was feeding info to Varys. Joffrey shot her with the crossbow in his chambers.

Huh, I don't recall. Definitely remembering Joffrey getting his sadist on but that's about it

Huh, I don't recall. Definitely remembering Joffrey getting his sadist on but that's about it

It's Ros. I think only the first two seasons.

I'm fine with the Harpies attacking at the games... but why would they be killing their own people?! They didn't completely think that one through.

(FYI Drogon showed up due to the smell of all the blood if it wasn't obvious).

I hope Martin wasn't going to end the series with Shireen on the throne!!

I bet we'll get one and one only storyline next season that has been omitted:

The 3rd head of the dragon who didn't go all the way to Mereen anyway.

That ending was cheesy as fock. It was like Daeny was riding off on Falkor from the Neverending Story. But worse special effects. :thumbsdown:

That ending was cheesy as fock. It was like Daeny was riding off on Falkor from the Neverending Story. But worse special effects. :thumbsdown:

+1

Absolutely stupid. Cliche and Cheesy to the max. SOOO predictable.

Why did they magically stop throwing spears while she was caressing and mounting the dragon?

Dues Ex Dragina.

I'm fine with the Harpies attacking at the games... but why would they be killing their own people?! They didn't completely think that one through.

The whole Mereen story has been a pretty blatant reference to intervention in the Middle East, complete with fanatical terrorists who will sacrifice anyone's life, including their own, to meet their goals.

For example when the half-man asked that dooshy royal family guy if he had ever fought before. Clear reference to the Chickenhawks who got us into that mess in Iraq.

One thing I was left wondering about last night. After Dani flies away, her BF, Jorah and Tyrion are still stuck in the middle of the stadium with a lot of pissed of Harpies. Think she could have done a fly-by and burned a few more harpies before leaving. :dunno:

+1

Absolutely stupid. Cliche and Cheesy to the max. SOOO predictable.

Why did they magically stop throwing spears while she was caressing and mounting the dragon?

Agreed, it looked like they had the dragon on the ropes. I thought it was going to die.

Wonder when it will occur to Stannis's wife, that she's absolutely not needed anymore. Since she can't have kids and if Stannis wins the crown he doesn't have an heir he will need to find someone who can produce a child. Not a good position for her.

One thing I was left wondering about last night. After Dani flies away, her BF, Jorah and Tyrion are still stuck in the middle of the stadium with a lot of pissed of Harpies. Think she could have done a fly-by and burned a few more harpies before leaving. :dunno:

that is what the dragon should have done in the 1st place.

Not sat there like a bull surrounded by matadors.

i felt like i was watching the walking dead for 10 minutes.

and when the dragon flew away with dani, how did they all escape? (saw it in the preview of next week) plenty of harpies left.

Stannis, faced with a false dilemma, sacrifices his child. Awful.

Shireen was wiser than Stannis - he asked her, "which King would you choose" and she answered, "neither".

Stannis believes he only had 2 choices:

- let his men die and lose the war

or

- sacrifice his child

I'm quite curious what the "result" will be. Stannis believes that the previous sacrifices yielded results - but were they just coincidence? Nobody even believes Brienne that a "shadow" killed Renley.

So what now? A Wildling army show up with food and reinforcements and Stannis wins? And it's b/c of the sacrifice?

I'm still skeptical of the Red Woman's "true" powers beyond seduction and trickery.

agreed, the Neverending Story dragon ride at the end was just dumb.

Could have bought in if the dragon would have been like a dog protecting its owner... but they poured on too much cheese.

that is what the dragon should have done in the 1st place.

Not sat there like a bull surrounded by matadors.

i felt like i was watching the walking dead for 10 minutes.

and when the dragon flew away with dani, how did they all escape? (saw it in the preview of next week) plenty of harpies left.

I always forget to watch the previews. :doh:

They were there to kill Dany. Once she was gone, what's the point?