Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

The dragons take down the Wall, freeing the Others (White Walkers) to descend and they team up to kill everyone because they are tired of waiting for GRRMartin to resolve all the characters' conflicts.

The White Walkers return home north, the dragons fly away to live in the Dothraki deserts.

Benjen Stark finally shows up out of nowhere, the last person left in Westeros, sits on the Iron Throne and exclaims "finally, a win for the Starks!!!"

The End.

Vegas odds just went from 20-1 to 10-1

:thumbsup:

So, where is Gendry anyways?

See, they took his blood and didn't kill him and got those 3 prophecies to come true... why not the same for Shireen?

Where the fock is Gendry?

See, they took his blood and didn't kill him and got those 3 prophecies to come true... why not the same for Shireen?

Davos put him in a boat and told him to get lost. So he could be anywhere.

I don't really have a good explanation for the second question at the moment. I was kinda thinking the same thing. Can't remember if it's been explained yet, either in the show or the books.

Davos put him in a boat and told him to get lost. So he could be anywhere.

I don't really have a good explanation for the second question at the moment. I was kinda thinking the same thing. Can't remember if it's been explained yet, either in the show or the books.

I know.

Here's the thing... there's SO much material and detail to pick at, you can always find something "wrong" if you want to.

Despite its "minor" flaws, it's a fantastic show and either you're on-board to enjoy it or you're not.

5.09 The Dance of Dragons

What a disturbing episode in so many ways. I will predict that 4 U.S. Senators will declare that they will no longer watch this show anymore and advise moving for sanctions, this after 5 seasons of watching mindless violence, much appreciated nudity, and many, many immoral acts. Most likely because these politicians are members of Sons of Harpy. They are everywhere.But there is one character that singlehandedly changed the face of the show. So evil, so despicable, so infuriating awful that I just wanted to kick him to death. Ladies and gentleman, does Mace Tyrell have no soul? He put his arm around that banker and started his awful caterwauling, which some call singing, I call it a scream from a banshee. Oh, the GOT gods, which one of the thousands that exist I do not care, please protect my innocent ears from the audio evil flowing from those mushy lungs. And enough about the wine. Sure, you are probably a p!ss yourself to sleep drunk, but the bankers care about the enormous debt of money and he was merely being polite in small talk. Yes, Mace, your mother has verbally browbeat you into submission during your entire life. I can still picture Homer Simpson chasing Bart down the street, swinging a mace, growling, Ill mace you good! Im sure being raised by the WolverOlenna was something like that. No excuses. Mace Tyrell is the boorish dinner guest schmuck from Hell and must be stopped.

Arya continues her quest to assassinate the gambler/merchant on the docks with oysters, but is easily distracted by the arrival of the Kings Landing party, including the aforementioned Mace Tyrell and Meryn Trant, one of the four that Arya has swore to kill as revenge. Sadly, after spending so much time asking for training from Jaqen, Arya is throwing it all away to chase another quest. Its really unfathomable how someone can get so easily distracted from such an importaoh, look, a puppy!! How adorable. It was really bothersome how Arya is supposed to be a faceless assassin, but went out of her way to be as conspicuous as possible, being noticed by everybody in sight by her presence. If not noticed, she then broadcast her presence with the tact of hitting someone over the head with a mallet. Its like watching Leslie Nielsen bumbling his way through a spy movie spoof. Selling seafood in a brothel? The mind reels at the health regulation violations, and thats before even considering the seafood. Meryn Trant goes to a Braavos brothel, where he likes them younger than young. See, all the outrage you will hear about this week is over Shireen. But Trant is in Chris Hansen land, and you will hear nary a peep from the general public. Its because people are not nearly invested in this anonymous chamber girl being led to very bad night, a Bill Cosby night; in contrast, viewers were watching Sansa for 5 seasons before her unfortunate wedding night. How can this show do this to Sansa? Its all about familiarity and the viewer attachment to particular characters. Im still puzzled why Trant didnt recognize Arya, as hes seen her about town a few times now, and he must have some recollection of Arya in Kings Landing, especially since she looks about the same as 5 years ago facially, just a bit taller. Since Trant has his eye on the young girls, he surely must have something in his conscious about her. Arya still needs to poison the gambler, but it seems that she will call the audible and go after Trant, most likely by posing as a brothel girl. Should be extremely uncomfortable to watch as she will be put in a precarious position and barely escape, maybe with Jaqen showing up at the last second, maybe not.

The group of wildlings and Night Watch return from the massacre at Hardhome to the Wall. It seemed like Alliser Thorne was going to give the group some problems making the tunnel crossing, in the end he simply tells Jon Snow that he has a good heart which will get them all killed. That about as nice as each have been to each other, ever. The giant is a nice addition, especially since we havent seen Hodor all season. Hodor!! Something bad is probably going to happen soon, feels ominous, which may put the wildlings and Watch at odds. Probable in-fighting inside Castle Black upcoming? They cant really ride off to join Stannis as they need to protect the wall from the attack from beyond the Wall, but they are indebted to Stannis for the ships. That creepy fock Olly is still hanging around on the periphery, all butt hurt. Its just mind boggling that some/most of the Watch do not see the big picture, which is full of White Walkers and wights and certain death. Its not like the Wall is going to be tall enough to keep the Walkers from going over the top or even through it. They have assembled a legion of undead.

Team Stannis has lost many members today. All bandwagon jumpers can get off. Who needs ya? Ramsay and his small group of men snuck into the Stannis camp and crippled them by burning their supplies. You can seem them running away in between tents as the fires ignited, which didnt seem to come as a surprise to Melisandre who came out to watch. Pretty clever plan by that sick basterd Ramsay. Stannis is now ridge-rocked, caught in undesirable situation with few if any good options. Davos tries to reason with him, but Stannis gets rid of Davos with a bogus mission to clear the way for some good old fashioned horror movie plot twists. With the approval/encouragement of Melisandre and Selyse, he ties his daughter Shireen to the stake and burns her alive in front of his soldiers. Well, it wasnt Human Centipede III. Stannis didnt even have the fortitude to stand up there in front of her and watch. He was in hiding. I get it, people are jumping off the Stannis bandwagon. Not me. Oh, but he killed his daughter. And? Didnt we see him help create some demon thing to kill his own brother a couple of seasons ago? This is a man with very few emotions but a calculating mind. He believes that by sacrificing his daughter, he will save the lives of his troops, continue his quest to ascent to the Iron Throne, and ultimately this is the greater good. He feels that he is the only person deserving of the throne and will do whatever it takes to achieve what he feels is the right thing to do and in the end, a noble mission. That doesnt mean he always does the right thing or the noble thing. On the other hand, if he loses to Boltons forces, wouldnt you expect Ramsay to skin Shireen alive on one of those crosses? Or, Shireen freezes to death on the battlefield during the long cold winter which could last a very long time. Its not like Shireen wasnt in a precarious position anyway. The same with the troops, facing death. Stannis is all in with this Lord of the Light stuff, so hes doing what he thinks is right. I get it, I get it, many are still going to be outraged over the girl screaming for her parents as they allowed her to burn to death. It was a tough scene to endure. Probably the toughest scene in the show so far. This show avoids cookie cutter characters where everybody is always good or always evil. There are many greys in the color scheme. It could be worse. What? You going to start rooting for the Boltons. Ahem. The wedding? Remember? Its a fickle viewing public. Stannis is still the only person vying for power who answered the distress call concerning the White Walkers. The only one. So long, Lizard Girl. She lived a miserable life and died in a bad way. HBO missed an opportunity as its only two weeks from Fathers Day.

One of the most pragmatic people of power in Westoros may very well be Doran. Doran has pardoned Jaime, seamlessly negotiated Myrcellas release, arranged his proxy to be on the Small Council, and got Bronn to go free. Jaime basically kept nodding and agreeing to everything since it meant he would be able to keep his head for a while longer and he has a large hat collection he didnt want to see go to waste. Doran is trying to avoid a war; unfortunately he has no idea how weakened the Lannisters are at the moment, so striking out might have been a viable option. Ellaria cant be pleased to have to pledge her loyalty to Doran, in front of people, so she will absolutely try to kill him. It just makes me cringe when somebody pours good alcohol out on the floor. Oh, the humanity. I oh so badly wanted to jam forks into my eyes during the hand clapping exercises in the jail cell between the Khardashians. It was so much harder to watch than Shireen die clutching her carved toy than those oafs playing patty cakes. If I were offered a choice of watching the Khardashians for an entire episode or death, Ill grabbing the rope and tying myself to the stake. Ellaria has a subtle conversation with Jaime, inferring that she knows all about the Jaime and Cersei incest-connect. What exactly is the entire point of Dorne this year? Anything? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Pit fighting tournament, where the Dumb Ass of Dragons is surrounded by Tyrion, Missandei, Daario, and late arriving Hizdahr. First, there is a serious lack of secret service type of guards around the DAOD. Its not like her life has been threatened repeatedly. My initial thought was that Hizdahr was late as he was giving last minute instructions to the Sons of Harpy, but that ultimately proved to be incorrect. Hizdahr and Daario kept an argument going that in my head went sexual innuendo, sexual innuendo, take a breath, more sexual innuendo, other guy talks, sexual innuendo.. Insert snarky Tyrion comment every so often. And thats the recipe. In the second match, Jorah shows up again, at which point you could see the words stalker form in DAODs dimbulb head. Jorah is stealing DAODs shoes and running around with a zit on his eyeball. Whether its because of greyscale or that hes old, Jorah struggles with his opponents until winning in the end with luck and a bunch of wounds that will be conveniently forgotten. Jorah throws a spear at the first Harpy assassin attacking DAOD before everything goes sideways. There were more Sons of Harpy in the stands than candidates for the president right now. Correct me if Im wrong, but arent the Sons of Harpy working against DAOD, not the spectators in the stadium that they were killing indiscriminately? So many masks. Are they all made from gold? Because whomever is manufacturing them is making out like a bandit. Hizdahr dies, which I was genuinely surprised by but quite happy to see happen. Dont overlook that Jorah touched DAOD with his bare hand, so we seeing a set up where DAOD goes greyscale, giving her dragon skin? I doubt it, as that would fock up the audience with a horrific act. You know, like burning your child to death or a kid toucher in a brothel getting away with it. That stalker Jorah would not be deterred either. So, the DAOD and friends are completely surrounded by their enemies in the pit, until the expected cavalry up. Drogon the dragon, which is a dumb name, its like calling your cat Cat. Drogon sets some people on fire, eats a few others, gets a back full of spears. DAOD, instead of pulling all the spears out or motivating her dragon to keep attacking, decides she needs to get close and pet the dragon like its a bunny. Tick, tock, tick tock. Times a wastin. She climbs aboard the dragon and flies away. Which is a scene I wasnt crazy about. And its not just because Ive come to dislike the whole Daenerys character, who might still find some redemption through Tyrions guidance, but not now. For an episode, even further, for a series, that seems so gritty, so despondent, so opaque, so melancholy, the riding the flying dragon felt too Disney. Its something that George Lucas would have thought of, and nobody really gives a fock what that lunkhead George Lucas thinks about. Im sure there will be a few more dragons coming any second now to pick up your friends in the pit and rescue them too. Oh, theres not? Did DAOD leave her friends behind? They werent exactly rescued at that point. DAOD has gone diva and left her entourage behind.

There was quite the stark contrast of the last two episodes that have been shown. Last week, we get the depressing defeat to the White Walkers in the cradle of winter and snow. This week, the show runners and editors tried to end the episode on a more uplifting note, showcasing the dragons and fire working towards a common good. Of course the dichotomy of ice vs. fire. I wasnt uplifted. In fact, Im again considering going Team White Walkers. How awesome would that be? Seven seasons, final episode, the top White Walker sits on the Iron Throne, everybody dead. The End. Epic. So many angry folks. The goal of this episode was basic manipulation. They want you to stop rooting for Stannis and to make sure you are currently completely behind the Dumb Ass of Dragons.

As to your point about the Martells striking out at the lannisters, the books make it clear that dorne is the weakest and poorest of the seven kingdoms. Also, the Martells and the tyrells have a generations long hatred and border war going, so even weakened, lannisters and tyrell would crush martell if dorne was fool enough to march.

As to your point about the Martells striking out at the lannisters, the books make it clear that dorne is the weakest and poorest of the seven kingdoms. Also, the Martells and the tyrells have a generations long hatred and border war going, so even weakened, lannisters and tyrell would crush martell if dorne was fool enough to march.

Well yeah, there's like ten people in all of Dorne from what we've seen on the show.

Didn't you see him rowing through Hardhome bay during the White Walker attack?

Didn't you see him rowing through Hardhome bay during the White Walker attack?

:doublethumbsup:

Well yeah, there's like ten people in all of Dorne from what we've seen on the show.

Yeah, but they have an army of 3 lesbians

I probably am not remembering the conversation perfectly (or for that matter, correctly), but I thought there was a conversation between Stannis and Melisandra where she basically said they would need more than that for this. Maybe it is because it is a major battle and not just the death of a dooshy king who everyone wants dead anyways.

:dunno:

That's interesting. Maybe if they didn't sink so much money into their fancy plant gardens maybe they could afford an army. But, that's just my immediate assessment.

I know.

Here's the thing... there's SO much material and detail to pick at, you can always find something "wrong" if you want to.

Despite its "minor" flaws, it's a fantastic show and either you're on-board to enjoy it or you're not.

Do you see people posting about the show almost every week? That means they enjoy it. You don't nitpick something you don't like... you flat out don't watch if you don't like.

mace tyrell singing made me think of the wizard of oz

It should be noted that George told them what to do with Shireen, so we will likely have to read through that scene again in WOW, at least we won't actually hear the screams :cry:

The Drogon/fighting pits scene was easily my favorite scene in ADWD. I was at least a bit disappointed in how it was done in the show, and I was looking forward to it all season, I am just glad they actually kept it in :thumbsup: You all have to understand it is REALLY hard to make a CGI dragon, and them have someone look like they are flying on the said dragon. All the cheesy effects was just because CGI can only make this FANTASY show look so realistic.

In the books, the Sons didn't attack, Tyrion and Jorah are no where around. Dany is as lost she's ever been, and is watching these dudes slay each other then Drogon just appears and starts torching everyone. Dany walks right up to him, finds a whip, and essentially Lion tames a focking dragon. Drogon then lays down and she climbs on his back, and as he takes off, he torched about 30 people and they fly off.

So, basically, it was much cooler in the books. Even though they could have done a better job in the show, I still loved the scene. Screw you guys, this is what the show is about. It's about fire and ice, and you can have no fire without people riding dragons.

Honestly, if you don't like dragon riding and WW and dead armies, magic, faceless men, the red god, ect you should hop off now. From now until the end of the series, this is what it is going to be like.

This season was shaky for a while, but they are nailing it now.

It should be noted that George told them what to do with Shireen, so we will likely have to read through that scene again in WOW, at least we won't actually hear the screams :cry:

The Drogon/fighting pits scene was easily my favorite scene in ADWD. I was at least a bit disappointed in how it was done in the show, and I was looking forward to it all season, I am just glad they actually kept it in :thumbsup: You all have to understand it is REALLY hard to make a CGI dragon, and them have someone look like they are flying on the said dragon. All the cheesy effects was just because CGI can only make this FANTASY show look so realistic.

In the books, the Sons didn't attack, Tyrion and Jorah are no where around. Dany is as lost she's ever been, and is watching these dudes slay each other then Drogon just appears and starts torching everyone. Dany walks right up to him, finds a whip, and essentially Lion tames a focking dragon. Drogon then lays down and she climbs on his back, and as he takes off, he torched about 30 people and they fly off.

So, basically, it was much cooler in the books. Even though they could have done a better job in the show, I still loved the scene. Screw you guys, this is what the show is about. It's about fire and ice, and you can have no fire without people riding dragons.

Honestly, if you don't like dragon riding and WW and dead armies, magic, faceless men, the red god, ect you should hop off now. From now until the end of the series, this is what it is going to be like.

This season was shaky for a while, but they are nailing it now.

That's the 2nd time I've seen/heard him do this...Someone should tell him, to STFU, write his books and we will read what happens in them when they are released.

So, basically, it was much cooler in the books. Even though they could have done a better job in the show, I still loved the scene.

:thumbsup: They should have included Drogon's smoking blood in the show.

That's the 2nd time I've seen/heard him do this...Someone should tell him, to STFU, write his books and we will read what happens in them when they are released.

Is he the one saying it, or is it the show runners?

I thought sure that was a "Lollipop Guild" reference.

maybe it was.

seeing him reminds me of different WoO

:thumbsup: They should have included Drogon's smoking blood in the show.

Is he the one saying it, or is it the show runners?

I read twice GRRM confirming 2 show events that will be in WOW.

So, it's looking like when Martin said that the show is deviating from the books, but don't worry... it won't spoil them. He really meant: We're going to ruin the last two books for you. But not completely... there will be tiny differences, and that should be enough to keep things interesting. :thumbsdown:

So, it's looking like when Martin said that the show is deviating from the books, but don't worry... it won't spoil them. He really meant: We're going to ruin the last two books for you. But not completely... there will be tiny differences, and that should be enough to keep things interesting. :thumbsdown:

don't even want to read the books now .. might buy them as shitter fodder. MEREEN HAS TAKEN on a whole new story and it's better than book version. I would be fine with them just going totally off book like TWD and let the books be their own thing and the show another

what happened to the nubidy? It was plentiful, then it turned :ghey: the it disappeared :dunno:

what happened to the nubidy? It was plentiful, then it turned :ghey: the it disappeared :dunno:

Don't you worry. I bet there will be plenty of delicious looking sausage shown in the very next episode.

When did Andy D1ck become a producer on GoT?

WHAT THE FOCK JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!! WAS THAT IN THE BOOK?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsdown: :angry: :cry: :mad: :(

You're going to have to be more specific... there were several :thumbsdown: :angry: :cry: :mad: :( moments to choose from.

What?? There was only one single moment that is worthy of my absolute shock.

What?? There was only one single moment that is worthy of my absolute shock.

If you're talking about Jon Snow...

then yes, that's pretty much how the last book left off.

If you're talking about Jon Snow...

then yes, that's pretty much how the last book left off.

I just told my wife that she now knows what I know. Knew it but it still sucked.

I was screaming! You book readers, I bow down to you for keeping that secret.

I was screaming! You book readers, I bow down to you for keeping that secret.

Didn't you even say in this thread somewhere... as long as nothing happens to him?

Yeah we bit our lip good on that one.

I felt like I was watching Hannibal in the Arya (brothel) scene.

Don't worry Jon Snow lovers.

He will be back as either a dead raised by a WW or Melisandre will fock his dead bones and bring him back with a vengeance.

WHAT THE FOCK JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!! WAS THAT IN THE BOOK?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsdown: :angry: :cry: :mad: :(

Hey dumbass, you're watching the wrong show if you're going to be upset/shocked about important/likable characters dying.

get the fock over it