Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

You might want to check the stats.

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

I can't see how Stannis is alive. He was already wounded/laboring. The last two guys he killed injured him further with a sword slash to the leg. He's against the tree, bleeding profusely from the leg wound, noticably muttering in pain. When Bork is finally ready to dispense her version of justice, the sword blade headed directly at Stannis' skull, from top to bottom motion. She's got a Valyrian steel sword. It would have split Stannis in half.

Otherwise, Bork has to become a field medic, keep Stannis from bleeding out, and take him where exactly? She thinks Sansa is in trouble with the Boltons, she was rebuked by Baelish so the Vale is out. She can't go to King's Landing as the mission she was given by Jaime is to protect the Stark girls, so why is she riding into town a month later with a semi-dead Stannis? Go to the Wall? There is still snow on the ground, more in the direction of the Wall, no doubt, so passage is iffy.

Anything is possible in a show with zombies and dragons; the most logical conclusion is that Stannis is dead dead.

Contrast that to others you have seen die though, you SEE them get whacked. Ned Stark, Trant, Oberon, Little dumbazz Stark. Why get cute now? IMO, it's cause Brienne hasn't killed him. Clearly, I could be wrong, but that's just how it's gone so far. I can't even recall an important off screen death.

As far as Snow goes and the phrase "Dead is Dead"...well, one can't be resurrected unless one has died first, right?

I think Stannis is dead because it's really horrible story-telling if he isn't. I know that they don't have problems playing around with death in this series, but that scene felt really climactic. Punting after all that build up would be pretty lame. It reminds me of when Jessie shot Gale in BB. They did a funky camera angle/trick and people read way too much into it.

Contrast that to others you have seen die though, you SEE them get whacked. Ned Stark, Trant, Oberon, Little dumbazz Stark. Why get cute now? IMO, it's cause Brienne hasn't killed him. Clearly, I could be wrong, but that's just how it's gone so far. I can't even recall an important off screen death.

As far as Snow goes and the phrase "Dead is Dead"...well, one can't be resurrected unless one has died first, right?

I find it odd that the two of the three deaths people argue about, the Hound and Stannis, are both supposed to be kills by the really big b!tch. I might have theorized that maybe they don't want to portray females in roles where we see them savagely kill someone, but then again, the whole Arya thing this week kind of kicks that to death.

Stannis was dying an honorable death. He heard why Bork was pissed off at him. He didn't argue, he didn't fight back. He simply accepted that this was going to happen and let it happen. Paraphrasing, he told her to do her duty. By acting honorably at the last moment of his life, the writers/director allowed him an honorable death by not showing it on the screen.

Maybe.

Edit: off screen death, off the top of my head, the assistant to Baelish who was shot by the arrows by Joffrey in his quarters. We saw her after she died, just hanging there.

I find it odd that the two of the three deaths people argue about, the Hound and Stannis, are both supposed to be kills by the really big b!tch. I might have theorized that maybe they don't want to portray females in roles where we see them savagely kill someone, but then again, the whole Arya thing this week kind of kicks that to death.

Stannis was dying an honorable death. He heard why Bork was pissed off at him. He didn't argue, he didn't fight back. He simply accepted that this was going to happen and let it happen. Paraphrasing, he told her to do her duty. By acting honorably at the last moment of his life, the writers/director allowed him an honorable death by not showing it on the screen.

Maybe.

Makes sense. Or perhaps he had been so utterly defeated at that point that his actual death was inconsequential.

I have a problem with her, or anyone, justifying Renlys claim to begin with. What was it based on, people liked him more than Stannis? Stannis was justified in killing Renly. If any of Roberts brothers had a just claim to the Throne, it was Stannis.

When Robert died I wanted Stannis to become king, because that's what Eddard wanted.

After getting to know Stannis, I'm glad Joffrey lopped off Ned's head

I don't think Stannis is dead :unsure: . GRRM has this thing about unless you see them dead, they are probably not dead.

The Hound is suspected to be very alive and reaping havoc in the Riverlands

(spoiler? Nah, fock it). I think Pod came in at the last second and said something. He's alive and will be looking to kill Melisandre.

I don't think Stannis is dead :unsure: . GRRM has this thing about unless you see them dead, they are probably not dead. The Hound is suspected to be very alive and reaping havoc in the Riverlands(spoiler? Nah, fock it). I think Pod came in at the last second and said something. He's alive and will be looking to kill Melisandre.

And Brienne frankly should help him since Melisandre is really the one who killed Renly, or at least was just as guilty as Stannis

Fock it, I'm out.

This has turned into Lost :thumbsdown:

:lol: :lol:

Love that play. It was the straw that broke the Camels back and made the Maras hire George Young and get it straightened out. Fail again on your part. You shouldn't test me on NFL knowledge, seeing as you started watching in January of 2002.

I don't think Stannis is dead :unsure: . GRRM has this thing about unless you see them dead, they are probably not dead. The Hound is suspected to be very alive and reaping havoc in the Riverlands(spoiler? Nah, fock it). I think Pod came in at the last second and said something. He's alive and will be looking to kill Melisandre.

How is that not a focking spoiler? :doh:

I'm big time rooting for Sandor to come back, very earlier in the books, I found him one of the more interesting minor characters. We are nearly at the same place in his story line so not a spoiler, but I really hope his story does continue. Plus Rory McCann has done an incredible job of bringing that character to life.

We really did not see Jon die in the books, though I think the show did confirm that he is dead. I think the theory that, like when Ygritte stuck him with 3 arrows and he ended up recovering, he'll simply be rushed to the nearest Maester and end up living is no longer in play. The only way he is still around is if he get resurrected or is Ghost.

Because it's still a theory, we certainly haven't seen Sandor again in the books since Arya left him.

Whether Stannis is dead or not depends on if they go by the book. It's been a coin flip thus season in that regards so who knows. I would think had he died they would have showed it. EVEN AFTER Reading book 5 I though snow made it but after hearing the afterward he us dead... with snow gone I hope they focus more on Tyrion.... they better not kill him off

Official Ruling, while it's much speculation, it does convey book knowledge not known to show watchers. SPOILER. :nono:

And Brienne frankly should help him since Melisandre is really the one who killed Renly, or at least was just as guilty as Stannis

Or maybe Stannis said something like "Kill the red woman" right at the last second. I don't think anyone was rooting for Stannis at the end, so no one really cares if he is alive or dead. I am just saying he could still easily be alive.

who gives a fock at this point?

everything is theory, there are no books :mad:

Official Ruling, while it's much speculation, it does convey book knowledge not known to show watchers. SPOILER. :nono:

:thumbsup:

Another person who was never shown killed was Syrio, Arya's swordfighting teacher. I assumed Stannis was killed when the fire wandered back to Castle Black.

Another person who was never shown killed was Syrio, Arya's swordfighting teacher. I assumed Stannis was killed when the fire ###### wandered back to Castle Black.

I have wondered a time or two about Syrio, but never considered him enough of a character that an onscreen death was warranted. Besides, he deserved to die---oooh, look I disarmed a bunch of knights with my wooden sword, I should keep using it rather than PICK UP A REAL SWORD!!!!!! :doh:

I have wondered a time or two about Syrio, but never considered him enough of a character that an onscreen death was warranted. Besides, he deserved to die---oooh, look I disarmed a bunch of knights with my wooden sword, I should keep using it rather than PICK UP A REAL SWORD!!!!!! :doh:

"What do we say to the god of death?"

"Not today."

How 'bout following your own preaching Syrio. :doh:

Also, I would hate to be Tristane sailing towards Cersei right about now.

"What do we say to the god of death?"

"Not today."

How 'bout following your own preaching Syrio. :doh:

Also, I would hate to be Tristane

sailing towards Cersei right about now.

Right about now...

Tristane: Uh...Jamie, I think I left my favorite hat back at the castle, I have to have it...no need to turn around, I'll swim.

Right about now...

Tristane: Uh...Jamie, I think I left my favorite hat back at the castle, I have to have it...no need to turn around, I'll swim.

Why on earth didn't they show jamie and the boat turning around?????

he just going to sail home?

I try to stay away from book/show comparison, but I have to say I don't care for how the show handled Sam heading to the Citadal. In the book Jon orders him to go, he doesn't request to leave right when Jon is most in need of friends.

Why on earth didn't they show jamie and the boat turning around?????

he just going to sail home?

Meh, it's the last show of the season, so it's up in the air. But I doubt they turn around. Bronn, probably would figure it out, if he were made aware of what is happening quick enough...but A - is there time to get an antidote? B - Could Jaime & Bronn force one from the snakes anyway? Perhaps if there were time left Prince Doran might impose his will, but I suspect the little girl is as good as gone.

My guess is she is not dead. Perhaps the nice rack chick gave Bronn another antidote vile, or perhaps once Bronn drank the antidote in the jail he can now somehow cure someone that has been poisoned??

Meh, it's the last show of the season, so it's up in the air. But I doubt they turn around. Bronn, probably would figure it out, if he were made aware of what is happening quick enough...but A - is there time to get an antidote? B - Could Jaime & Bronn force one from the snakes anyway? Perhaps if there were time left Prince Doran might impose his will, but I suspect the little girl is as good as gone.

Did bron save some antidote when he took it the 1st time?

did the most beautiful girl in the world give him some extra?

While we are kicking around far fetched theories, I've made the case that Sansa and Reek could not possibly survive the jump from the castle wall at that height.

It's unlikely they kill her off like that. What hokey way will they resolve the jump?

So no one is dead? Not Jon Snow, not Stannis, not Myrcella? If those are all false flags then this show has totally flown the dragon.

While we are kicking around far fetched theories, I've made the case that Sansa and Reek could not possibly survive the jump from the castle wall at that height.

It's unlikely they kill her off like that. What hokey way will they resolve the jump?

Bran survived a higher fall. Focked up, but survived. And he was pushed, not making a controlled jump, and didn't have snow to land in. :dunno:

So no one is dead? Not Jon Snow, not Stannis, not Myrcella? If those are all false flags then this show has totally flown the dragon.

I think Tywin is still lurching down the halls of the king's castle with toilet paper stuck to his heel.

Bran survived a higher fall. Focked up, but survived. And he was pushed, not making a controlled jump, and didn't have snow to land in. :dunno:

Survived, but Bran is a cripple that was in a coma for a while. Myranda fell to her death at a shorter height than Sansa and Reek. What snow? I didn't see any on the battle field, it all melted. And if there was any left, it would have been slush and no cushion at all. They should be dead.

I think Snow and Myrcella are goners. Stannis is the only one who could still be possibly alive.

Listen... I want Jon to be alive as much as the next person, but when the show runners say he's not coming back, I tend to believe them. They haven't lied to us yet .

Survived, but Bran is a cripple that was in a coma for a while. Myranda fell to her death at a shorter height than Sansa and Reek. What snow? I didn't see any on the battle field, it all melted. And if there was any left, it would have been slush and no cushion at all. They should be dead.

There was a giant snow drift right under where they jumped. They showed it for Christ's sake. :wall:

I'm pretty sure the survival rate for falling head first is a fair bit lower than feet first.

Listen... I want Jon to be alive as much as the next person, but when the show runners say he's not coming back, I tend to believe them. They haven't lied to us yet .

Did they say he's "not coming back", or did they say he was dead? There were a lot of potential subplots for this show. Many were left out. What was the point of including Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr? Maybe to establish that a Red Priest(ess) can bring people back to life?

Did they say he's "not coming back", or did they say he was dead? There were a lot of potential subplots for this show. Many were left out. What was the point of including Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr? Maybe to establish that a Red Priest(ess) can bring people back to life?

That's basically what I thought when we didn't get

Lady Stoneheart

I was talking to Dan Weiss and he said Jon is really dead. But George R.R. Martin left open the possibility the character might not be dead in the books. And then that cast salary contract story came out last year and it had your name among those receiving raises for season six and an option on a seventh. So let me ask you: Is Jon really dead?

This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done.” And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don’t know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-dies-interview

I think they said not coming back. I don't get it ..... I so t get it even more in the show than the book. SNOW was the biggest character and why do the whole dance with all the hints of him being the son of Rhaegar ... just a 2asye of time that could have been spent this season showing the events north of the wall... Grr Martin hates the starks