Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

I realized my post was way left field. Hoped no one had the chance to read it. Oh well.... :dunno:

OMG. THEY KILLED NED STARK???

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

OMG. THEY KILLED NED STARK???

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Hey, Sunday is Father's Day, plans? Kids coming over the Apt, or are you going out? Applebee's or the Diner?

I realized my post was way left field. Hoped no one had the chance to read it. Oh well.... :dunno:

It was awesome. You should not delete those gems :nono:

As a non book reader, last night's episode leaves me with a lot to ponder about where the show goes from here.

The Starks and Lannisters remind me of the show survivor. The 3 Lannister siblings are like the cagey, slimey player who survive by deception and smarts. Cersei, Jaimie, and Tyrion all have great survivor instincts. The Starks are like the survivor contestant who wins most of the challenges but is too naive to see that people are plotting behind his back. As soon as you know it, they're dead. If Jon Snow had Tyrion's brain, he would have talked his way out of that mess last night.

Other thoughts:

Sansa and Theon: Quite a jump. Was there a pile of snow down there or something? Sansa's character probably grew and changed more than any other character this season. I like what she has become and she may end up being the smartest Stark of the bunch.

Daenerys: she looks like she is in trouble or did those guys see her flying on a dragon and think she is some kind of God. I'm thinking the latter and maybe this is another army (how many armies has she had?) that can help her take the iron throne.

Arya - Once one of my favorite characters. Hope she doesn't go blind. Lost a little interest in her story line this season.

Tyrion and Varys - always a treat when these two match wits.

Cersei - nice nude walk. I thought she was going to die but like I mentioned earlier, those Lannisters find a way to survive and rise again. I never liked her much but I do hope she takes some revenge on those nuns and the high sparrow. Those people give me the creeps (too much Catholic school memories for me).

Jon Snow - Gonna miss ya buddy!

Stannis - Good Riddance!

Myracella - Kiss goodbye! Hardly knew ya.

Meryn - One of the best deaths yet!

I think they view her as some sort of God. Focking thousands of them turned out. If she was just some trespasser they were dealing with they certainly wouldn't send the whole g0ddamn army

It was awesome. You should not delete those gems :nono:

Oh it's not deleted. :first:

Peenie, Ed needs someone to give him a verbal beat down weekly. Just so happens it was your week. ;)

Hey, Sunday is Father's Day, plans? Kids coming over the Apt, or are you going out? Applebee's or the Diner?

Father's day is the day to avoid the kids, dummy

you wanted to lick her dirty, bloody feet, didn't you?

naw but when she first walked out nekid she looked pretty good for her age.

As a non book reader, last night's episode leaves me with a lot to ponder about where the show goes from here.

The Starks and Lannisters remind me of the show survivor. The 3 Lannister siblings are like the cagey, slimey player who survive by deception and smarts. Cersei, Jaimie, and Tyrion all have great survivor instincts. The Starks are like the survivor contestant who wins most of the challenges but is too naive to see that people are plotting behind his back. As soon as you know it, they're dead. If Jon Snow had Tyrion's brain, he would have talked his way out of that mess last night.

Other thoughts:

Sansa and Theon: Quite a jump. Was there a pile of snow down there or something? Sansa's character probably grew and changed more than any other character this season. I like what she has become and she may end up being the smartest Stark of the bunch.

Daenerys: she looks like she is in trouble or did those guys see her flying on a dragon and think she is some kind of God. I'm thinking the latter and maybe this is another army (how many armies has she had?) that can help her take the iron throne.

Arya - Once one of my favorite characters. Hope she doesn't go blind. Lost a little interest in her story line this season.

Tyrion and Varys - always a treat when these two match wits.

Cersei - nice nude walk. I thought she was going to die but like I mentioned earlier, those Lannisters find a way to survive and rise again. I never liked her much but I do hope she takes some revenge on those nuns and the high sparrow. Those people give me the creeps (too much Catholic school memories for me).

Jon Snow - Gonna miss ya buddy!

Stannis - Good Riddance!

Myracella - Kiss goodbye! Hardly knew ya.

Meryn - One of the best deaths yet!

Pretty sure Dany now,adds the dothraki to hER army and wipes out the masked dudes. .. Dany has quite the army now to easily take westeros anytine she wants now the dothraki are the best fighters 8n the show.

Arya is becoming a great character now

I love how the show has now taken a life of its own. Staying about 50 50 true an not really true with the books.

The Mountain is going to fock some people up next season. :thumbsup:

many skulls crushed ..... literally

I predict collateral damage with him. Tommenen? Jaime?

many skulls crushed ..... literally

You could see how releived Cercei was at seeing him. I think she already has her plan for the High Sparrow.

You could see how releived Cercei was at seeing him. I think she already has her plan for the High Sparrow.

Lost in all this was her target after the High Sparrow - Dorne. Poor Jamie. The man finally gets to be a father to one of his children and she dies in his focking arms.

Yeah it's tough still to talk about the books & speculate because we still know things that could be used next season. Like young Griffin.

Jon did have Stark blood... Lyanna. Uncle Ned.

Yes, Arya's punishment is blindness.

The Dothraki find a new Khal within their ranks when one dies... I'd be shocked if the show does something other than "this Dothraki pack used to be Drogo's."

The Mereen area is in a much different state at book 5 end than in the show.

It also snowed in King's Landing at the end of book 5 (and everywhere else).

The show never did anything with the Beric Dondarrion storyline. Thoros of Myr - his resurrector - was a red priest. Daenerys started out her quest in the very beginning by seeing and following the path of a red comet. There are 3 heads of the dragon, which is red on the Targaryan banner. Did I mention red? Like blood? And fire? Motif maybe???

[i don't think I said anything spoiling.]

I think they view her as some sort of God. Focking thousands of them turned out. If she was just some trespasser they were dealing with they certainly wouldn't send the whole g0ddamn army

This is also where we left in the books, though in the books Drogon is right beside her. It is generally believed that they are going to follow her, as will all the Dothraki Khalasars as they follow who is strongest. Also, if they were going to kill her, she would have been killed. They don't play mind games or fock around, they just kill.

There is still plenty of book material for the show runners to use. Also, as Quickolas pointed out, it isn't QUITE winter yet. At the end of the books, winter has started over all of Westeros. There is still plenty to do in Meereen, and with Arya in Braavos, Sam is going to the Citadel, and many other story lines not yet portrayed.

They really, really foreshadowed the Jon Snow thing in the show. In the books, it is something you SHOULD have seen coming, but I did not and it was the most shocking scene other than the Red Wedding in the book. However, I think in the show you really could see it coming.

There are many theories on Jon Snow that we can discuss without spoiler tags since the show and the books are pretty much on the same level with Jon's storyline.

I think the fact that the show has really cut out Ghost means he will not warg into him in the show. This is a popular theory as all the Stark kids are internally connected with their respective dire wolves. For example, in the books, Arya still has vivid "wolf dreams" of being Nymeria and leading a huge pack of murderous wolves in the river lands. Jon also has these dreams as Ghost. In theory, like when Bran enters the mind of Summer, Jon will enter the mind of Ghost and just stay there.

The other one is a bit more obvious and probably the most popular theory, but in the show they cannot really show the visions that Melisandre has of Jon. I think we create the theory that Melisandre lured Stannis to battle to die because the Red God demanded his sacrifice(kings blood) so that Azor Ahai can be born through Jon. Yes, more than likely Melisandre will resurrect Jon Snow. But he will no longer be Jon Snow, i.e. he may become a cold and heartless killer, not the warm, caring dude that is Jon Snow.

If you want to know the folklore and prophecy behind Azor Ahai, and what could be Jon Snow's future:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Azor_Ahai

Also, don't worry peenie, the reason all these theories exist on Jon Snow is because we refuse to believe he is dead. Honestly the most likely scenario is he is simply dead and will get burned in a pyre so he doesn't come back.

I predict collateral damage with him. Tommenen? Jaime?

The leading theory is Tommen and Myrcella will be killed(Myrcella already is dead maybe?) soon and Jaime will strangle her to death for some reason. This will satisfy the prophecy she was told as a child.

Dang. Myrcella was pretty hot. :ninja:

Good thing they killed her off though, Jaime almost had a second of happiness there.

5.10 Mother’s Mercy

On a show where a major theme is fighting to end up sitting atop the Iron Throne, there are zero characters remaining that deserve to be ruler. Pretty much everybody left is unlikeable and more importantly, without honor or even a person that sees the big picture. Therefore, the only logical rightful conclusion to this show is to have the White Walker army wipe out everybody. Is anybody going to be upset when the army of the dead overrun the Nights Watch now. Fock the Nights Watch. How about when they destroy the Boltons and Winterfell? Hell, everybody will be thrilled. Walter Frey? He had it coming. It’s going to be a long time before the White Walkers encounter any major locale or group where you would be sad to see the White Walkers win. Especially on this side of the Narrow Sea. The River Lands, King’s Landing, all the way to Dorne in the far south. The White Walkers are the cleanser to a dirty world with so many corrupt, irredeemable characters. The inverse of The Walking Dead. This is the show where you root for the zombies to win. Yeah, it’s a bleak, melancholy landscape. People love to tune in to see characters get destroyed; the ratings will continue to be outstanding. This coincides with the relative length of popularity of exploitation television led by Jerry Springer and Oprah, onward to the dominance of reality television and sensationalism in journalism to this very day. Game of Thrones is basically bad things happening to decent people, and decent things happening to bad people. You know what, I take it all back. I was merely blind as a young girl assassin. I have found someone afterall. I have chosen the rightful and true King, the one that will rule them all. Hodor!! OK. I’m mentally back in the game.

The Stannis initiative started off promisingly, with the snow melting away. Winter is coming, but not before Global Warming. This is the last thing Melisandre was right about, just before everything goes kablooey. Half of the Stannis army deserted. His horrible wife hung herself. While the popular notion is that she couldn’t deal with the grief of watching her daughter immolate, realistically she could have been expecting to be the next one burned at the stake, so she took the easier way out. Sure, she didn’t have King’s blood in her, but once you start to see sacrificing, better keep looking over your shoulder. I was mildly irritated that nobody thought to beat Sylese like a piñata. Melisandre flees. If she was seeing bad things coming, she could have at least mentioned it to Stannis. Stannis, a man renowned for his military mind, displayed absolutely none of it in his final battle. He was just going through the motions as he sensed the upcoming defeat. He has lost everything for his cause and there was no turning back. He led a disorganized group of soldiers through a wide open clearing in the middle of the day with no advanced scouts in his approach to Winterfell. Nobody noticed the Bolton cavalry until they were nearly on top of Stannis’s troops. A bunch of horses thundering through an expanse make a hell of a lot of noise, by the way. No pikes in front to confront the horses. No bunch formation either, but rather a kind of a spread out amoeba formation for the Stannis troops. No falling back. Just standing there, accepting the inevitable. Stannis just lost to the same move he made on Mance Rayder’s troops up near the Wall. Instead of seeing the actual battle transpire, they skipped to the end. Boo!!! Superficially, isn’t this show about gratuitous nudity and battle scenes? A wounded Stannis is bumbling around in the woods in the aftermath of the skirmish, but still fighting off attackers. As he collapses, he is confronted Bork. Bork has just abandoned her post of watching for Sansa’s signal about 5 seconds before the candle is lit. That’s awfully convenient. And worthy of the Benny Hill theme music as Bork and Port go prancing through the woods. Bork makes it clear that she is going to kill Stannis over the death Renly. Which isn’t your mission anymore, dummy. It’s to protect the Stark girls. Bork gets some closure as she wasn’t believed by all that many people when she said Renly was killed by something from the Grudge. Stannis accepts his fate and doesn’t want to waste any final words on Bork so he allows the Bork to behead him. It’s a shame. The only guy vying for the throne that had some honor is now dead. Yeah, he burned his kid. But fock, what is going to happen to Davos. They borrowed a sh!t load of money from the bank at Braavos for this venture. Who is going to pay off that marker? Does Stannis have anything repossessable? Is Davos going to be buried in the endzone of Giant’s Stadium? At Winterfell, Reek foils Myranda’s plan to brain Sansa with an arrow as he pushes her off the ramparts into the courtyard at a distance good enough that she goes splat. If that scene wasn’t goofy enough, Reek then convinces Sansa to grab his hand and jump off the castle wall to the outside, easily a 100 foot drop into the melted snow on top of rocks and dirt, so basically no cushion, and certain death. Their jump was easily twice as far as Myranda, and she ended up like a watermelon at a Gallagher show. They simply cannot be alive from that jump. What, you expect huge haystacks to be there for them at the bottom? Foam mattresses? Land on the back of a dragon? Save the cheerleader save the world super powers? But I’m sure there will be some bullsh!t excuse where they survive. I’d rather they become wights. Well, at least they know where they can flee to safety. To the Wall, where Jon Snow is Lord Commander. Oh, whoops. Anyway, while the actor playing Reek is doing a solid job, the character Reek still has no redeeming qualities. I don’t care that he killed Ramsay’s mistress. Reek has a long, long way to go before he’s not worthless. Meanwhile, where exactly is Littlefinger? Wasn’t he supposed to finish off the winner between Bolton and Stannis? His troops are nowhere in sight, neither is he. We learned in Season One Episode One that it takes a month to reach Winterfell from King’s Landing, per Robert Baratheon. Not that the show takes consistency in travel seriously. Still, Baelish has been missing for a number of episodes. What does he do now? Roose Bolton is Ward of the North. Sansa might be dead. Probably not. What is the next move for Baelish? Getting the best of the Boltons, but how? I guess this concludes the line of Baratheons. All the men are dead, save the basterds. For the sake of argument, if the sparrows out Cersei and Jaime’s relationship and their illegitimate children, who exactly becomes King? Gendry, if he’s alive? What a clusterfock.

Cersei confesses her affair with Lancel, duh, he already blabbed to the High Sparrow about it. She vehemently denies her relationship with Jaime. That’s a calculated risk. She is scalped, stripped nekkid, and is walked through the streets of King’s Landing, having people mock her and throw perishables at her bosoms. This would have certainly been a brave choice for this actress to go through the shooting of the scene. From what I’ve read, it was a body double, with Cersei’s head superimposed on top of the torso since the actress was pregnant at the time of shooting the episode. While I have absolutely no problem with gratuitous nakedness on the show, it’s much appreciated, but it’s kind of odd how these actresses and actors that were running around sans clothing in Season One are now refusing to drop their clothes in later seasons. What’s the difference? On the internet, everything lives forever, so it’s now like anything we haven’t seen before. Or maybe I just answered my own question. Just an odd line they no longer cross. Anywho, it was a riveting scene, for many reasons. Just watching her high arching eyebrows, yeah I’m obsessed with them, slowly, slowly deflate in the face of the constant jeering and projectiles to the point where Cersei was broken. An interesting character study as the arrogance drips away until the point where the character becomes despondent and dare we say humbled. Well, at least until she reached the inside of the castle. Qyburn is basically the only one happy to see her and to help her, with the assistance of BaneFrankenMountain. Geez, the guy is three times as tall as Cersei. At that moment, you could see the expression change on Cersei’s face, as she suddenly started plotting again. How about you think of something that doesn’t stink this time, like the time you decided it was a good idead giving the sparrows unlimited powers while you have a bunch skeletons kicking around in your closet. Meanwhile, Margaery and Loras are presumably still in prison, as they disappeared over the 2nd half of the season.

Dorne, the worst place in the world. To be fair, I don’t know if Westoros has a DisneyWorld, so I’ll settle for 2nd worst place in the world for now. Jaime, Myrcella, Bronn, and Trystane are boarding to sail to King’s Landing. Ellaria kisses Myrcella on the lips which was completely out of place and off putting. It made you notice the exchange. Naturally, it was poison. Is there anything that the Kardashians touch not completely covered in poison? Enough with the poison. Even more offputting was the lack of chemistry and lewd comments between Bronn and one of the sisters. Why does that keep being crowbarred into the plot. Bronn is a funny character, but it’s like they are wasting him in this role. Myrcella admits to Jaime that she knows that she is his daughter and then immediately dies. Oh, boo frickin hoo. Myrcella didn’t trust her father enough to leave with him when he tried to rescue her. She must have known then. And don’t feel bad for Jaime, as he is as despicable of a character as there is in the show. So, they are about 100 feet offshore and Myrcella dies from what could only be poisoning. Do they turn the ship around and get revenge? Do they continue to sail to King’s Landing. Twenty buck says they keep going. Great, so Jaime is going to return to Cersei and say, “well, our kid that I went to rescue is dead, but I brought back this boy from Dorne who is to be on your Small Council, oh and what happened to your hair, it looks terrible”. Soon after… Jaime, meet Reek. You two have something in common. Or don’t have “something” in common.

In a story line I can’t possibly care any less about, Arya infiltrates the brothel once again since security is worse than TSA. They were looking for a girl selling seafood. At first, Arya is wearing the face of the girl she helped kill by giving her poisoned water at the temple. Once she is alone with Meryn Trant, she reveals her face and goes Hannibal Lecter on his ass. She started out by stabbing his eyes, confessed her identity to him, and then cut his throat. When she returns to the temple, she is confronted by Jaqen and frumpy girl. Arya is rebuked and admonished for not giving in to the Being No One mantra and killing a life she had no right to kill. Which makes sense, if Arya is actually no one, she is no longer Arya, which means her revenge list is useless because that is Arya’s revenge list, and Arya Stark no longer exists. She still hasn’t thrown her sword away. Somebody drinks poison and then Arya goes blind, which is where she first attacked Meryn. The biggest question here, is this going anywhere?

The Dumb Ass of Dragons has not returned and her council that she deserted while they were in harm’s way is making alternate arrangements. Jorah and Daario will go try to find the DAOD while Tyrion runs the city with the help of Missandei, Grey Worm, and the suddenly back from nowhere Varys. I think they can hold down the fort, and actually thrive without the DAOD around. While her dragon is half dead and lying on the ground, she scolds it for not getting her some dinner. This is the hero of the show? The one the writers are trying to force us to get behind to save this world. Fock that. She’s more Paris Hilton than the leader against the White Walkers. So, instead of hanging around her sleeping weapon of mass destruction, she wanders off and is soon encircled by a Dothraki horde. The lesson here is to be careful about wandering into a neighborhood you are unfamiliar with. She takes a ring off her finger and drops it to the ground. Off in the weeds, a squeaky yet gravely voice is heard, “my precious”. While it’s debatable if the Dothraki will notice her discarded item, it leads to two questions. Is this leaving a clue for her rescue party as to where she was before being taken away? Because a ring in the grass in the midst of this open field is like searching for a needle in a needle haystack. Are the Dothraki friendly or foes? Well, they probably know that this is Khalessi. However, the Dothraki abandoned her when Drogo died. There is no reason to assume they would rally around her. Exactly what they want to do with her is a mystery, but they were whooping it up riding around her, and maybe they noticed her dragon which is probably in the area. You still can’t get a Dothraki army over the Narrow Sea without many, many boats.

Sam is allowed to leave the Wall to travel to Oldtown with Gilly and the baby so that he can begin a career of becoming a maester. Might be interesting to see The Citadel in the future. Problem is that the only people who knew Sam was studying about the Whtie Walker problem were Stannis and Jon Snow. Davos arrives, asking for supplies and help for Stannis’s army, not knowing what has happened. Melisandre shows up next, through her demeanor communicating that things have gone to sh!t. Davos feels the pain in his wallet. Jon is tricked into walking into a Night’s Watch ambush and is stabbed numerous times by his brothers, starting with Alliser and ending with the demon child Olly. “For the watch.” It’s a mutiny. Jon Snow bleeds out, and in interviews says he’s done with the show. I realize that most people are not fully accepting that Jon is dead, what with Melisandre around with the powers she has sometimes displayed. And of places she could have fleed to away from Stannis, she headed to the Wall, where she had expressed a strong curiosity about Jon Snow. Hell, maybe Bran jumps into Snow and reanimates him somehow. I’d like to see the wildlings kill off the Nights Watch and guard the Wall themselves. We’ve seen Joffrey, we’ve seen Ramsay. I’m not sure if Olly isn’t worse than both. Maester Aemon told Jon to “kill the boy, let the man be born”. Turns out, Jon needed to kill Olly. Stannis warned Jon Snow about the enemies he had at Castle Black. Snow said that he had heard that it is best to keep your friends close and enemies closer. Stannis didn’t agree. Stannis and Snow were two characters that looked at the big picture and had noble goals, but they let their guard down to the people around them and made some dubious choices in the end, which ultimately cost them everything and their lives in the process. Snow defeats a White Walker and then is stabbed to death by a child. Focking Omar, focking Omar.

Lost in all this was her target after the High Sparrow - Dorne. Poor Jamie. The man finally gets to be a father to one of his children and she dies in his focking arms.

who does Cersei go after first Drone or the sparrow ? Best thing about this,show no one is safe no matter how big a character

So... we didn't really see Stanis die on camera. Dead or not dead?

Stannis I think isn't really dead. Why wouldn't they have shown it if he was?

Stannis I think isn't really dead. Why wouldn't they have shown it if he was?

They didn't show the hound really dead either

They didn't show the hound really dead either

A bit of a different scenario but I see what you're saying

A bit of a different scenario but I see what you're saying

they did however, show the spider dead.

:(

I think Stannis is dead. Pretty dumb scene if Brienne went through that whole "sentence you to die" spiel only to not kill him.

I think Stannis is dead. Pretty dumb scene if Brienne went through that whole "sentence you to die" spiel only to not kill him.

But Brienne pretty much sucks at everything. Why not revenge too?

My guess is she knocked him out or something so as to have him face justice in a more formal setting

i wondered about that one too. Not sure so I'll go to spoilers.

Since Brienne clearly isn't remotely able to kill him in the books, would GRRM allow that big of a change...not sure about that. With this stuff, I always lean toward until I see you burned and buried in the ground, I don't count anyone dead.

Yeah... I don't think Stannis is dead either. I have a feeling he might have shouted out something to save himself, right before the fatal blow. Much like the Brienne situation from the books. At least that's what if felt like, to me.

But Brienne pretty much sucks at everything. Why not revenge too?

My guess is she knocked him out or something so as to have him face justice in a more formal setting

Nah. That was Stannis' moment of reckoning, where he realizes at the last that everything he did was all for naught. I would bet dollars to donuts he's as dead as Meryn Focking Trant.

If she didn't kill him, who would she bring him to for justice? The Lannisters I guess? Would they really want him to have a trial?

5.10 Mother’s Mercy

Is Davos going to be buried in the endzone of Giant’s Stadium?

Might as well, not like the Giants have been using it much lately.

I can't see how Stannis is alive. He was already wounded/laboring. The last two guys he killed injured him further with a sword slash to the leg. He's against the tree, bleeding profusely from the leg wound, noticably muttering in pain. When Bork is finally ready to dispense her version of justice, the sword blade headed directly at Stannis' skull, from top to bottom motion. She's got a Valyrian steel sword. It would have split Stannis in half.

Otherwise, Bork has to become a field medic, keep Stannis from bleeding out, and take him where exactly? She thinks Sansa is in trouble with the Boltons, she was rebuked by Baelish so the Vale is out. She can't go to King's Landing as the mission she was given by Jaime is to protect the Stark girls, so why is she riding into town a month later with a semi-dead Stannis? Go to the Wall? There is still snow on the ground, more in the direction of the Wall, no doubt, so passage is iffy.

Anything is possible in a show with zombies and dragons; the most logical conclusion is that Stannis is dead dead.