Sign in to follow this  
sprewell43

FYI: Rivers Suxs

Sorry, guys, but I've watched him for 3 games now. Stick a fork in him. In a year where throwing for 350 yards is becoming the norm, this guy cant do anything. Right now I'm trying to trade him for a bad of potato chips - no takers though.

Glad I burned a 2nd round pick in two leagues...

Sorry, guys, but I've watched him for 3 games now. Stick a fork in him. In a year where throwing for 350 yards is becoming the norm, this guy cant do anything. Right now I'm trying to trade him for a bad of potato chips - no takers though.

Glad I burned a 2nd round pick in two leagues...

He killed my down the stretch last year.

I was just talking to a guy at work. He's 3-0 and the high scorer as well. He has QB trouble though. Freeman and Cassel. He also has Gronkowski and TGonzalez. I told him to wait until TGonzalez has a good week and package him with JFreeman and approach the Rivers owner who is probably disillusioned right now. San Diego got off to a crappy start last year too - what'd Rivers finish? 4th best QB or something?

Rivers is an awesome buy-low candidate right now.

I have Rivers and Stafford. I'd most likely deal Stafford before I dealt Rivers.

Rivers ALWAYS starts off slow and usually has to play from behind to post obscene numbers. Facing the sh!tty K.C. team, they ran up some points and eased off. It wasn't necessary for Rivers to play 'huge'.

Take your meds and give it a couple weeks.

I have Rivers and Stafford. I'd most likely deal Stafford before I dealt Rivers.

Rivers ALWAYS starts off slow and usually has to play from behind to post obscene numbers. Facing the sh!tty K.C. team, they ran up some points and eased off. It wasn't necessary for Rivers to play 'huge'.

Take your meds and give it a couple weeks.

I traded Rivers to the guy in our league who's never had him before. I know Rivers starts slow. He doesn't. He's pissed over the trade and sour on Rivers now after watching cheap QBs like Fitz outscore Rivers every week. He had to franchise tag him for way too much money, otherwise I'd be looking to trade back for Rivers.

I traded Rivers to the guy in our league who's never had him before. I know Rivers starts slow. He doesn't. He's pissed over the trade and sour on Rivers now after watching cheap QBs like Fitz outscore Rivers every week. He had to franchise tag him for way too much money, otherwise I'd be looking to trade back for Rivers.

Rivers doesn't carry the injury tag either. Stafford has been great so far but EVERYTIME you see him take a hit, you cringe. <_<

Rivers doesn't carry the injury tag either. Stafford has been great so far but EVERYTIME you see him take a hit, you cringe. <_<

Yep, never have to worry about Rivers missing a single snap.

With Backus covering his blind side, you could be cringing quite a bit when watching Stafford. Jared Allen destroyed Stafford a couple of times this past weekend. In the first half Allen was toying with Backus.

Blasphemous! Rivers is an elite QB and the best active quarterback without a ring.

This is right up there with the Hakeem Nicks is a bust post. :rolleyes:

And a 2nd round pick?!? Yeah, blame Rivers for your team sucking assclown.

Blasphemous! Rivers is an elite QB and the best active quarterback without a ring.

That reminds me of a guy in my office who is bragging about his 3-0 team. He picked Brady with the first overall pick. Then took Welker in the 2nd.

I am going to invite him to a money league next year.

That reminds me of a guy in my office who is bragging about his 3-0 team. He picked Brady with the first overall pick. Then took Welker in the 2nd.

I am going to invite him to a money league next year.

Why? The guy is a genius.

Gladstone put down the crack pipe and back away. 12 team draft in QB heavy league - 90% of these leagues had Rivers going in the first 24 picks.

BUST ALERT

I only blame him for last week's suckage. But this thread is laughable.

I shall check in after the next few weeks to make sure you are still alive after trading Rivers away. :overhead:

Rivers will figure it out. He always does. I'm hoping it will be this week though, as I am going up against the other 3-0 guy in my league and we are both pretty even in points for/against. Luckily, I've had big games from McFadden, Austin and Matthews to cover a bit for Rivers, but I need him to start coming up big now.

Rivers is also playing with no Sproles, and now likely no Gates for a stretch.

He might actually have a down year by his standards.

Word is he was a little banged up...took an illegal hit in the chest the week before versus the cheatriots.

I just traded MJD, Rothlisberger and Ingram for Rivers and Mendenhall. I feel like Rivers is too good to not finish top 5 or 6 among fantasy qbs.

I just traded MJD, Rothlisberger and Ingram for Rivers and Mendenhall. I feel like Rivers is too good to not finish top 5 or 6 among fantasy qbs.

I don't like that trade for you. Rivers will outplay Roethlisberger but by how much? Meanwhile Mendenhall looked horrible on Monday night, and his backups looked a lot more decisive and better. MJD should be every bit as good as Mendenhall and Ingram could be the wildcard. You may really wish you hadn't done that later.

He has 979 yards in 3 games. Extrapolating that out, he is on pace for 5,221 yards this year. The sky is not falling. If the Rivers owner is selling, I would be buying.

He doesnt suck. Hes very good. The end.

Thats pretty much as detailed as an explanation that is needed. Cant really say it better or clearer than this.

I always see deals like this and wonder how that happens. There was a total of 1 trade in my league last year. :doh:

This thread and topic is back again. Please, someone, refute this!!

You can't. If you wasted a high pick with Rivers you are 2-5, 3-4, maybe 4-3 max.

He sux. Period. Live with it. I am...

Drafted him over Brees in the 2nd round. :wall:

Before this week started... traded Eli, AP, & DJax for Miles Austin (19 yards) and Ray Rice (1st fumble in 500+ carries). :wall:

Poor decision making and bad timing = 2-5 and not looking better anytime soon :wall:

I thought he and VJax would be the studs to own this year and I was upset on missing them in all my drafts. Now not so much. :music_guitarred:

Still think they are both buy low candidates. SD always seems to come on strong down the stretch.

I've been trying to buy low on him all year, and the other owner finally sent me an offer... Rivers and S Holmes for Colston, yes please.

We'll see I guess. I just sold Vjax and Little for Djax and Owens, I needed a top TE.

I'm in a PPR return league so hopefully that balance this trade out.

In a 14 team PPR league and I traded Rivers and Cadillac Williams for Ryan Matthews and Sam Bradford. Already had Kolb and Dalton and am willing to roll the dice that Rivers just doesn't have it this year.

I dealt him and Mendy for Fred Jackson to the Romo owner 3-4 weeks ago (reversing my decision to sell Stafford before Rivers).

Since Stafford got knicked up, I decided to try to buy low on Rivers. Got Rivers back for R. Gronkowski (the guy is cutting bait on Dallas Clark and I'm keeping Fred Davis with Cooley on IR) so I guess it's a Win - Win (if Rivers turns it around). Not too bad of a Rivers hedge fund.

I just put your 'jump to conclusions' mat in the mail, that'll be $19.99. He'll finish as a top 10 QB.

Jump to conclusions? After 7 freegin pretty crappy games from a guy that was supposed to be clearly in the Teir-1 category and was drafted as such?

Top 10 QB? In what league? One where mediocre numbers and some bad picks count as positive points?

Hes also KILLING the value of V-Jax and the other SD WRs.

Fock Rivers.

Jump to conclusions? After 7 freegin pretty crappy games from a guy that was supposed to be clearly in the Teir-1 category and was drafted as such?

Top 10 QB? In what league? One where mediocre numbers and some bad picks count as positive points?

Hes also KILLING the value of V-Jax and the other SD WRs.

Fock Rivers.

That was posted a month ago.

I have RB2 problems and am thinking about trading My Stafford, D. Thomas and Felix for Rivers and BGE. Is this a good trade? I would then play matchups between Tebow and Rivers going forward.