Sign in to follow this  
DanXIII

#1 LSU at #2 Alabama

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

Gotta go Bama at home. Pretty hyped up for this game, considering I don't really root for/against either. Hopefully it delivers. You never know with these stupid BCS rankings...

Well, in the opinion of the biggest degenerate gambler on this site, and that wasn't a fat joke, I will weigh in, neither was that one, and say that Alabama is a side I plan on betting tomorrow.

I hate to bet on high profile games, but the numbers are what they are.

Bama wins big. Under Saban they usually do in these situations. I know Florida aint all that this year, but even before Floridas qb was injured, Bama looked beastly on both sides of the ball.

Lucky Less is screwed in this game.

Its been a while since ive been here....but i would say LSU is setup perfectly for this game. +5 on the road with a superior offense (they have two good QB's) and a legit NFL WR (Randle). I think LSU is able to stack the box with 8 or 9 guys and play their corners and safeties man to man and force Alabama to throw the ball. Their QB is shaky at best and i see a two INT game out of McCarron. Tyrann Mathieu is due for a turnover and Jordan Jefferson will run one in. I see this game as a 24-17 LSU win and easy money. Last year LSU won at Alabama 24-21 in a worse matchup (Alabama had McElroy at QB).

I go big LSU on the betting side at +5. However, it is college football and anything can happen. If LSU gets down early they could be in trouble as their defense is built much like the 2007-2010 Indy Colts (get up early and put pressure and TO's on).

However, it is college football and anything can happen.

However, it is betting against the spread... of course anything can happen!

Post again in another 7 years. :mad:

Not a great game so far. Really, if you tuned in thinking these were two unranked teams, would it seem weird?

Evenly matched, but other than that, not a great game.

First team to double digits wins. Lets hope it doesn't take overtime to get there.

:overhead:

Nice work Saban. Why would you want time on the clock with timeouts trying to get a game winning FG? Nope, gonna play for overtime...with kickers who have missed three FGs already.

First team to double digits wins. Lets hope it doesn't take overtime to get there.

:thumbsdown:

2 of us called LSU (before the game started anyway). :ninja:

wow missed 52 yard FG

Now we get to listen to the talking heads sell us on how this was an amazing game..

:rolleyes:

Now we get to listen to the talking heads sell us on how this was an amazing game..

and it wasn't :thumbsdown:

Alabama backers were robbed. 3 missed field goals would have more than covered the spread.

I was right about Bama's dominate D. But obviously wrong about their O.

Wow that game was a total letdown. :sleep:

That was a classic SEC defense game. Probably one of the greatest games you could hope for if your an SEC fan. Nobody is going to win against the SEC any time soon. Those defenses are why the SEC is dominant.

As bad as these QB's are I could honestly see OK St beating both teams. They lead the nation in turnovers, and can put up points (neither team would shut down Blackmon).

Saban got outcoached. Several decisions he made were just inexplicable...

1. Driving down field and taking chunks of yardage off LSU on a 4th quarter drive and he decides to go with the WR pass...leading to an INT at the 1 yard line.

2. After LSU goes three and out just getting the ball away from their end zone, Saban sends out Maze with a bad ankle to return the punt. Maze is then unable to turn around and back up to field the line drive kick and the ball travels an extra 30 yards past him for a 72 yard punt.

3. With 1:40 left and three time outs, Saban chooses not to use one as LSU faces fourth down, allowing the Tigers to burn 40 seconds off the clock and leaving Bama to play for overtime (which seems like a bad idea when your kickers have missed 3 FGs already).

4. On 3rd and long in OT, instead of running the ball up the middle to make your FG attempt a little more manageable, he decides to call a pass. His QB takes a sack, forcing the deflated Bama kicker to try an extra long FG, which he inevitably misses by a mile.

I thought it was refreshing to watch a game with dominating defenses. I thought saban blew it with the half back pass especially doing it with a guy playing on a gimpy ankle. At that point they were driving and with the way their defense was playing, all they needed was to put some points on the board.

Oklahoma St vs Boise St in the non existent championship game sounds pretty good. I can't stomach watching overrated SEC teams sissy slap each other. Just unwatchably bad football.

Hey guys, I like great defense as much as anyone but that game was also a display of piss-poor playcalling and terrible offense. Especially when it came to special teams, with all those missed field goals.

Oklahoma St vs Boise St in the non existent championship game sounds pretty good. I can't stomach watching overrated SEC teams sissy slap each other. Just unwatchably bad football.

Boise St :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

That was a classic SEC defense game. Probably one of the greatest games you could hope for if your an SEC fan. Nobody is going to win against the SEC any time soon. Those defenses are why the SEC is dominant.

Great defense sure...but it was also two inept offenses (or at least Bamas).

Even when guys were open McCarron couldn't hit anyone...and had a kicker who could not kick crap.

Oregon didn't exactly get blown out last year.

Someone will beat the SEC...those two teams are not far and away better than everyone and no way Bama should get another shot.

Saban got outcoached. Several decisions he made were just inexplicable...

1. Driving down field and taking chunks of yardage off LSU on a 4th quarter drive and he decides to go with the WR pass...leading to an INT at the 1 yard line.

2. After LSU goes three and out just getting the ball away from their end zone, Saban sends out Maze with a bad ankle to return the punt. Maze is then unable to turn around and back up to field the line drive kick and the ball travels an extra 30 yards past him for a 72 yard punt.

3. With 1:40 left and three time outs, Saban chooses not to use one as LSU faces fourth down, allowing the Tigers to burn 40 seconds off the clock and leaving Bama to play for overtime (which seems like a bad idea when your kickers have missed 3 FGs already).

4. On 3rd and long in OT, instead of running the ball up the middle to make your FG attempt a little more manageable, he decides to call a pass. His QB takes a sack, forcing the deflated Bama kicker to try an extra long FG, which he inevitably misses by a mile.

All of this, plus Bama's QB is horribly overrated. Too much air under the ball, at least one SURE TD misses an open receiver.

:thumbsdown:

Great defense sure...but it was also two inept offenses (or at least Bamas).

Even when guys were open McCarron couldn't hit anyone...and had a kicker who could not kick crap.

Oregon didn't exactly get blown out last year.

Someone will beat the SEC...those two teams are not far and away better than everyone and no way Bama should get another shot.

+1

Not just Bama's inept offense. LSU has two QB who combined couldn't throw a fit.

Love all the talk about these great defenses from the mighty SEC. The conference is two teams deep this year, and we just saw that they're both putrid offensively.

I'd like to see Ok State against LSU. They've got the best offense I've seen this year.

But I'd love to see everyone above Boise lose just to see how they manage to screw them in that scenario.

and it wasn't :thumbsdown:

Wow that game was a total letdown. :sleep:

You guys are crazy. That was a hell of a game. Those guys were lighting someone up EVERY snap. That was a defensive showcase. I know nobody cares to watch good D anymore, but that was awesome.

You guys are crazy. That was a hell of a game. Those guys were lighting someone up EVERY snap. That was a defensive showcase. I know nobody cares to watch good D anymore, but that was awesome.

I can't remeber the last time I saw a great defensive showdown like that. The rules and concepts have changed so much over the years that games like these are few. Great game

To all of you who say that neiither LSU or Alabama have any offense, please explain why both teams average 39 a game so far this season? Two average offenses went against the two best defenses in the country.

To all of you who say that neiither LSU or Alabama have any offense, please explain why both teams average 39 a game so far this season? Two average offenses went against the two best defenses in the country.

Maybe because the SEC is way down this year, and their out of conference opponents include Kent State, North Texas, Georgia Southern, Northwestern State and Western Kentucky?

Not arguing that the defenses were very impressive and it was great to see football players actually tackle. But there was no semblance of a passing game from either side, and it wasn't strictly because of the defenses. The Bama QB somehow floated a 25 yard pass long enough for a DB to make up 15 yards in ground on a wide open receiver. In OT he missed a throw to the RB shoulder that I see college QB make every week. And they couldn't kick a FG to save their lives. The LSU QBs were awful even in comparison.

I've heard the argument "that's not how those teams are built", but all that does is lead me to ask exactly what the QB does in practice?

Very impressive on one side of the ball. Not even close to the best teams the SEC has had the last decade. And certainly the loser...at home...isn't worthy of a rematch over an undefeated.

Maybe because the SEC is way down this year, and their out of conference opponents include Kent State, North Texas, Georgia Southern, Northwestern State and Western Kentucky and Oregon and Penn State?

Fixt your post.

Not arguing that the defenses were very impressive and it was great to see football players actually tackle. But there was no semblance of a passing game from either side, and it wasn't strictly because of the defenses. The Bama QB somehow floated a 25 yard pass long enough for a DB to make up 15 yards in ground on a wide open receiver. In OT he missed a throw to the RB shoulder that I see college QB make every week. And they couldn't kick a FG to save their lives. The LSU QBs were awful even in comparison.

I've heard the argument "that's not how those teams are built", but all that does is lead me to ask exactly what the QB does in practice?

Not sure about LSU, but Bama has not had an All American QB since Jay Barker left. McCarron is awful. There were some horrible offensive play calls on both sides of the ball in that game.

Barring the two teams playing again, I don't see either team losing a game (or another game) this season.

I believe that Alabama is the #2 team in the country.

That said, I don't think there should be a remach, even if Stanford, OSU, Boise, and Houston all go down. At that point, Oklahoma or Wisconsin should get a shot (as Oregon and Bama already lost to LSU). Bama had theirs, on their home field, and they lost.