Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Jerry Jones - DeMarco Murray is now the starter over Felix Jones

a duh.

"One thing that comes to my mind that Murray looks like the more he carries -- the more effective he gets. If you think of that theoretically, about a workhorse running back, that they get better as the game goes along."

Nobody can fawk up a wet dream better than Clowny and Coach Red - but this time I felt all along they would come to their senses. Happily surprised to hear the news, the Felix-Murray 50/50 split stuff was not going to happen.......... Murray has single handedly turned the season around for Dallas - he gets his own and opens things up greatly for Romo'ception. I hope we can keep it going - have to win the division prolly to get in the post season.

Can we finally call Felix a bust?

I've had a bad taste in my mouf with him since day 1. 1st round pick, for this guy?? To make matters worse the 2 picks right behind him were Rashard Mendenhall and then Chris Johnson. :thumbsdown:

I've had a bad taste in my mouf with him since day 1. 1st round pick, for this guy?? To make matters worse the 2 picks right behind him were Rashard Mendenhall and then Chris Johnson. :thumbsdown:

Ouch.

I guess Jerry Jones wanted an Arkansas kid on the roster badly back then.

You think that's bad? Clownie traded out of the 1st round in 2004 and took Julius Jones in the 2nd round , when they could've stood pat and had Steven Jackson. I'm suprised nobody really brings that up in the metroplex anymore...

You think that's bad? Clownie traded out of the 1st round in 2004 and took Julius Jones in the 2nd round , when they could've stood pat and had Steven Jackson. I'm suprised nobody really brings that up in the metroplex anymore...

That was mainly Parcells idea.

True, but even Randy Galloway could see Jackson was the better back. Jones has ALWAYS had an inexplicable penchant for wanting to trade down in drafts, even before the Tuna came to town.

When will Fat Ryan be named head coach?

Indeed, Parcells was big on this move. Most of here were p'od then, and still are today. Then again, this is the same organization that sent 2 1st rounders away for Joey Galloway. Those picks ended up being Shawn Alexander and Koren Robinson.

yep. julius was one of "bill's guys". amusingly, he still owns the cowboys' record for 100yd games as a rookie. just didn't work out in the long run.

Indeed, Parcells was big on this move. Most of here were p'od then, and still are today. Then again, this is the same organization that sent 2 1st rounders away for Joey Galloway. Those picks ended up being Shawn Alexander and Koren Robinson.

I was just going to mention this.

Quincy Carter in the 2nd round over Travis Henry, Shaun Rogers, Derrick Burgess, Adrian Wilson and Steve Smith. On a slightly off-topic note, my LORD that was a stacked draft. :shocking:

I love to bash on Jerry but it could be worse. Danny Boy Snyder could own the Cowboys.

yep. julius was one of "bill's guys". amusingly, he still owns the cowboys' record for 100yd games as a rookie. just didn't work out in the long run.

With how many? Me thinks that record wont stand past this year.

My buddy traded Mendenhall for Murray weeks ago. Nostradamus. That's a put your team over the top move.

Man, I was in the drivers seat to begin the season ... now in the backseat!

Signed

Donovan McNabb, Felix Jones, Ben Tate, Vincent Jackson, Aaron Hernandez owner

Driver's seat of what ? your boyfriends car ? a 30 team league ? :lol:

That's a dogsh!t team on DraftDay too.

Maybe he meant owner's, god I hope so.

what is the number. i want murray to retire with all of the records.

Felix Jones was working on kickoff returns in Thursday's practice.

It's confirmation that Jones is going to have a change-of-pace and perhaps passing-down role behind DeMarco Murray

What a wasted opportunity for this guy.

He was supposed to be the man now he's the KR.

Just read that Felix is practicing kick returns this week. Further evidence that he's in the backseat, and Dez is 100% WR.

What a wasted opportunity for this guy.

He was supposed to be the man now he's the KR.

As frustrated as I've been with Felix here, I'm not too angry with him. He's actually a great person and has been a model player for us, and it wasn't his fault he was drafted in the 1st round. Clowny focked that one up, hell Jones wasn't even the best rb on his college team. The powers that be will never admit it, but they must of seen the writing on the wall and knew that Felix was not going to be the back to take this team to the next level - and it all came clear when we drafted Murray in the 3rd this year. With so many needs elsewhere, that was a telling sign.

Great for the Cowboys. Felix still has value, he's just not an every down back. He doesn't have the vision, can't run between the tackles, he's a space guy. Nothing wrong with that, he is what he is. Now the Boys have there every down back in Murray and Felix can go back to being the change of pace guy that he excelled at being when he first came into the league. It's a bonus that since they don't have to rely on him to be the every down back, he can go back to being the Kick Returner as well, he ran a couple back his first couple of years in the league.

VJax? BTate? AHernandez? FJones Bad dogsh!t picks on draft day? They weren't my top picks, but MONSTERS out the gate. FJones was my 3rd RB drafted (play 2-3) and went fairly late, had to grab him even though I really really didn't want to.

But now all "backseat", hence my witty comment.

McNabb, yes, but he was the very last pick (and backup to Brady)

For the game: Felix Jones 5 carries, D. Murray 25 carries....... Think we can put this to bed now. On a side note, tough day for Murray - only 73 yards for a 2.9 ypc average. A huge part of this was T. Fiammetta being out, the other part is Washington just did a fantastic job clogging up running lanes. Murray's presence in the backfield though still played a huge role in the game - it opened things up for Romo who had an incredible game (113.8 rating).

Just read that Felix is practicing kick returns this week. Further evidence that he's in the backseat, and Dez is 100% WR.

GOOD,....somebody needs to,....and i agree

For the game: Felix Jones 5 carries, D. Murray 25 carries....... Think we can put this to bed now.

On a side note, tough day for Murray - only 73 yards for a 2.9 ypc average. A huge part of this was T. Fiammetta being out, the other part is Washington just did a fantastic job clogging up running lanes. Murray's presence though in the backfield though still played a huge role in the game - it opened things up for Romo who had an incredible game (113.8 rating).

73 RuYd, 32 ReYd, 6 Recpt = 16.5 points in a PPR. I'll take that every week, sir!

You're right about Wash. They played it well but Murray's going to be a beast regardless in the PPR leagues.

For the game: Felix Jones 5 carries, D. Murray 25 carries....... Think we can put this to bed now. On a side note, tough day for Murray - only 73 yards for a 2.9 ypc average. A huge part of this was T. Fiammetta being out, the other part is Washington just did a fantastic job clogging up running lanes. Murray's presence in the backfield though still played a huge role in the game - it opened things up for Romo who had an incredible game (113.8 rating).

agreed. this is exactly what a good running attack is supposed to do--force the defense to commit to stopping the run, which opens things up in the passing game. what makes it really noteworthy is that the passing attack was very poor early. there were tons of miscommunications, busted routes, and missed throws. but they kept battling and eventually got on the same page.

tragically, the defense folded in crunch time yet again, and allowed the tying TD drive and the OT drive into FG range. we got really lucky--the redskins should have won that game.

I did not watch the game. How did Felix look compared to Murray. I see in the box score that Felix average 3.6 per and Murray had 2.9 per. Sounds like pretty similiar results.

I did not watch the game. How did Felix look compared to Murray. I see in the box score that Felix average 3.6 per and Murray had 2.9 per. Sounds like pretty similiar results.

felix looked like a change of pace back, while murray looked like he was carrying the load against a solid run D. i was surprised at the types of touches felix got--nothing that looked designed to get him into space (though i was working the bar, and might have missed something).

i wouldn't read too much into the averages--murray was running hard, but the holes just weren't there.