Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

A Different Take on Tebow.......

Where Tebow is concerned, perhaps many are completely missing the boat. This guy believes (through his faith in God) that he can and will succeed. He believes he can and will win. He also is a natural born athlete.....not a throwing QB mind you, but a superb athlete. This combination can not be overstated.

One must also never underestimate the power of a prayerful person.....who truly believes that with God all things are indeed possible. Not lip-service or a Sunday morning Christian.....but a humble God-led individual who is all in 100%, and lives his faith. Only the sky is the limit. Those who have never experienced it or known someone like this will not relate or understand. It is a very rare, powerful and unpredictable thing.

Tebow may well fail as an NFL QB. Not all prayers are answered the way we feel/hope thy should be. He will undoubtedly have his stinkers. No matter how bad he wants it, God may have other ideas and this may not be his ultimate purpose. Trial and tribulation are part of the price of following the Lord. This is how strength is refined and eventually attained. However, Tebow is a rare breed (in pro sports anyway) of a truly selfless, God-fearing man........and because of this, on any given Sunday, anything is possible. Discount him at your own peril.

Let the NFL gurus, experts, and prognosticators who just don't get it continue to make fools of themselves by predicting his demise. Let them rise up and say "Told You So!" when he is unable to complete that last drive during Tebow-time, which will eventually happen. It is all very sophmoric yet entertaining.....they just don't comprehend the fact that, perhaps, The Force is now with him.

until prayer and the force can improve his mechanics and mental organization, he'll remain what he is--a good character guy and natural athlete who isn't cut out to play QB at the NFL level.

once he improves these things, i'll rethink my position.

Well he must have done something wrong because for 55 minutes of every game the lord makes him suffer. :)

Seriously, it's like crazy insane positive thinking. I buy that part of it, he has so much confidence in God that he is able to always play in a zone because it's not really him playing, it's God. I might try that in my tennis match tomorrow but then I'll see a hot chic and get distracted and tank the set. Women be the devil.

Thanks for sharing bro, keep coming back!!! Do you have an extended list of NFL "real God folk" so I can make adjustments across the board. Also really love seeing the stars and bars flying every chance i get... talk about that some too would ya?

"Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball." - Pedro Cerano

Until the Lord fixes Timmy's elongated throwing motion and inability to read complex coverages, he'll be a great athlete and a crappy QB.

Thanks for sharing bro, keep coming back!!!

Thanks bro, perhaps I will.

Do you have an extended list of NFL "real God folk" so I can make adjustments across the board.

Typical cynical and sarcastic remark which is to be expected. Although I have no list, I do see a lot of players thanking God after big plays, as well as grouping together after games at mid-field to kneel and pray. I suppose you could look into that angle if you are interested.

Also really love seeing the stars and bars flying every chance i get... talk about that some too would ya?

Gladly. Perhaps you noticed my screen name was Stonewall.....as in Thomas "Stonewall" Jakson (Confederate General, in case you didn't know). Ironically, also a man with limited skills as a General, but a truly humble, prayerful and God-fearing man, which gave him the faith and strength to become one of the most respected, feared, and successful Generals in world history. Also an irony, I suppose, is that because of his quite self-confidence, his ill-equipped and out-numbered men would follow, serve, and fight for him ruthlessly and most often victoriously. Like everyone else here, I have many interests besides FF. One of mine is Civil War history, with special interest in the South, as my Great great Grandfather was a calvary Captain with a Texas regiment. The flag is all about heritage, not hate......and I will not allow hateful and racist groups to commandeer its historical significance for me and others.

Now back to Tebow??

Well, like him or hate him, hes winning games. The last time a crappy QB(Vince Young) won games thats wll weere told counted. Just saying.

Im glad hes a God guy because I know it angers all the religion-haters. Excellent. :thumbsup:

Until the Lord fixes Timmy's elongated throwing motion and inability to read complex coverages, he'll be a great athlete and a crappy QB.

Who wins.

Where Tebow is concerned, perhaps many are completely missing the boat. This guy believes (through his faith in God) that he can and will succeed. He believes he can and will win. He also is a natural born athlete.....not a throwing QB mind you, but a superb athlete. This combination can not be overstated.

One must also never underestimate the power of a prayerful person.....who truly believes that with God all things are indeed possible. Not lip-service or a Sunday morning Christian.....but a humble God-led individual who is all in 100%, and lives his faith. Only the sky is the limit. Those who have never experienced it or known someone like this will not relate or understand. It is a very rare, powerful and unpredictable thing.

Tebow may well fail as an NFL QB. Not all prayers are answered the way we feel/hope thy should be. He will undoubtedly have his stinkers. No matter how bad he wants it, God may have other ideas and this may not be his ultimate purpose. Trial and tribulation are part of the price of following the Lord. This is how strength is refined and eventually attained. However, Tebow is a rare breed (in pro sports anyway) of a truly selfless, God-fearing man........and because of this, on any given Sunday, anything is possible. Discount him at your own peril.

Let the NFL gurus, experts, and prognosticators who just don't get it continue to make fools of themselves by predicting his demise. Let them rise up and say "Told You So!" when he is unable to complete that last drive during Tebow-time, which will eventually happen. It is all very sophmoric yet entertaining.....they just don't comprehend the fact that, perhaps, The Force is now with him.

I really think you hit the nail on the head. They say science goes so far then comes god. You can tell god wants this kid to win...Those who believe see it and those who don't wont and will think it's stupid to think that way.

He fights the Anti-Christ being the Anti-LeBron.

(he sucks for 3 quarters & is great the 4th for those that needed the help)

:lol:

One must also never underestimate the power of a prayerful person.....who truly believes that with God all things are indeed possible. Not lip-service or a Sunday morning Christian.....but a humble God-led individual who is all in 100%, and lives his faith. Only the sky is the limit. Those who have never experienced it or known someone like this will not relate or understand. It is a very rare, powerful and unpredictable thing....they just don't comprehend the fact that, perhaps, The Force is now with him.

Unpredictable like Mark David Chapman. Mark David Chapman was a born again Christian that understood the power of prayer. Mark David Chapman was a very prayerful person that lived his faith. In fact, Mark David Chapman distributed biblical tracts to others.

But it was this unpredictable nature that has led Mark David Chapman to one day become a member of the Attica Correctional Facility, where he resides today as one of the inmates. :cheers:

well said...!!! tebow has HEART...!!!

So Tebow's belief in an imaginary bearded guy in the clouds helps him win games? :dunno:

I think Tebow seems like a really nice kid. He always says the right thing, takes all the slings and arrows in the best possible light, and seems willing to do whatever the coach wants to help his team. There's also no denying that he steps up and makes plays at the best possible time. Some athletes get better in the biggest spots and Tebow looks like one of them. He's a mediocre passer at best but he's got space to improve.

All that said ... his mechanics look horrible and I think it's fair to wonder if he's the long-term solution at QB for a team. Also, I think the number of people who overrate Tebow because of his Christianity is far greater than the number of people who hate on him for the same reason.

Well he must have done something wrong because for 55 minutes of every game the lord makes him suffer. :)

Funny stuff. Good point.

But blessed is the man who waits and perseveres.

I ain't religious, but I'm a Tebow believer. You can't stop T-bone just hope to contain him.

:unsure:

So Tebow's belief in an imaginary bearded guy in the clouds helps him win games? :dunno:

I think Tebow seems like a really nice kid. He always says the right thing, takes all the slings and arrows in the best possible light, and seems willing to do whatever the coach wants to help his team. There's also no denying that he steps up and makes plays at the best possible time. Some athletes get better in the biggest spots and Tebow looks like one of them. He's a mediocre passer at best but he's got space to improve.

All that said ... his mechanics look horrible and I think it's fair to wonder if he's the long-term solution at QB for a team. Also, I think the number of people who overrate Tebow because of his Christianity is far greater than the number of people who hate on him for the same reason.

"Imaginary bearded guy who doesn't exist."

Wow! Look all around you my friend. God's handwriting is everywhere.

But, I respect your right to not believe.

As much as I hate to say this, I think you may be right. His mechanics are hard to watch.

Also, I think the number of people who overrate Tebow because of his Christianity is far greater than the number of people who hate on him for the same reason.

I agree with everything you said except this, primarily because the haters always bring up his religious faith, his kneeling, and other such Tebow traits while I never see it from his supporters, who generally just say stuff like he "just wins." His supporters arguments on why Tebow is a good player oddly enough are based on secular reasons from my experience whereas his detractors will mention his mechanics but always look to take a shot at his faith, which really has nothing to do with what he does on the field and has no place in the discussion.

I believe in Santa Claus, that doesn't mean I can fly a sled and jump down chimneys. Denver has won in spite of Tebow sucking. I do concede that part of that is a team belief in Tebow and his ability to rally the troops. However, the biggest part is poor defensive coordinating by the opponents. I suspect that's because most of these DC's haven't played against a high school offense in decades. Im still trying to understand why the Jets switched to the nickle/prevent at the end of the game Thursday, after absolutely shutting Denver down with the 3-4 for 55 minutes. There's no need to play the prevent against a guy who can't hit the broad side of a barn.. HTH

So I'm sitting on my porch after watching the end of the Jets/Bronco's game. Having a cocktail and trying to figure out WTF is going on in the NFL lately. We have the Ravens sweeping the Steelers then laying turds when the play the bottom feeders, the Lions and the Bills look afire early and now look like an entirely differnt team has taken their places, the Bengals have a good record and I really can't find any of them to loathe since they cleaned house. then we have this Tebow thing. A freaking option QB with the throwing accuracy of chimp on crack winning games and a fan base that is starting to resemble an NFL Jonestown singing his praises.

Then it dawns on me, couldn't be any more obvious but that what makes it so hidden. 2012 is right around the corner. The end of days are upon us and nobody sees that Tebow isn't a cute sports story with just a touch of that "magic" that people sometimes speak of. Oh no folks, its much darker than that. Tebow is one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. The first one to be precise.That he came to play for the Bronco's was no draft day misstep. He had to go to the white horse team. It is all as foretold.

“I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.” This first horseman likely refers to the Antichrist, who will be given authority and will conquer all who oppose him. The antichrist is the false imitator of the true Christ, who will also return on a white horse.

Actually this realization makes me feel better about things... Otherwise I have no freaking idea what is going on.

You may be missing the point here in regards to faith. Most here compare God and Santa Clause, but that, to me, is a silly comparison. Having faith in Santa Clause to help you win football games really makes no sense. Having faith in God to help you overcome obstacles, challenges and actually believing it so much whether God exists or not, is helping Tebow. See, it really doesn't matter if God exists or not as long as Tebow believes he does... Make sense. If you believe there is a higher power greater then you that can help you overcome anything and you truly believe it, in many cases you will overcome said obstacle, just like if you believe in yourself even if no one else does. It is the belief/faith that is so powerful.

My personal take is I don't know if God exists. If he does, I don't think the answers to his existence are in the Bible. To many things don't make sense. For instance, the universe is so ridiculously huge that one with a sound mind would come to the conclusion that other intelligent life forsm exists. If this is the case, then did Jesus die on the cross in all of those different planets? If aliens don't exist, then why is the universe so big... If God is so loving, then why would he send those to hell for simply not believing he exists when in reality, believe in some guy in the clouds in an alternate universe who sends his son to die on the cross with no proof of it happening is completely reasonable, right? Again, just doesn't make sense.

So I'm sitting on my porch after watching the end of the Jets/Bronco's game. Having a cocktail and trying to figure out WTF is going on in the NFL lately. We have the Ravens sweeping the Steelers then laying turds when the play the bottom feeders, the Lions and the Bills look afire early and now look like an entirely differnt team has taken their places, the Bengals have a good record and I really can't find any of them to loathe since they cleaned house. then we have this Tebow thing. A freaking option QB with the throwing accuracy of chimp on crack winning games and a fan base that is starting to resemble an NFL Jonestown singing his praises.

Then it dawns on me, couldn't be any more obvious but that what makes it so hidden. 2012 is right around the corner. The end of days are upon us and nobody sees that Tebow isn't a cute sports story with just a touch of that "magic" that people sometimes speak of. Oh no folks, its much darker than that. Tebow is one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. The first one to be precise.That he came to play for the Bronco's was no draft day misstep. He had to go to the white horse team. It is all as foretold.

“I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.” This first horseman likely refers to the Antichrist, who will be given authority and will conquer all who oppose him. The antichrist is the false imitator of the true Christ, who will also return on a white horse.

Actually this realization makes me feel better about things... Otherwise I have no freaking idea what is going on.

This is quite possibly the best post of all time. Well done. :banana:

It's not about what you believe, it's about the belief itself. If my choice is to believe in Zeus, Athena, Ares and the of the Greek gods, who's to say I'm not right? Why does having only one God make any more sense believing in 20? And by the same token, why does believing in no gods make any less sense than believing in one or many? At that point why not believe in leprechauns, sprites and banshees? The reality of faith is exactly what it's name connotates, belief in something that cannot be proven. I wasn't there when God gave Moses the Ten Commandments. I wasn't there when Jesus fed thousands off a single loaf of bread. I am expected to go off stories and books written about something that I do not unequivocally know happened. I believe the people in Waco, TX did the same thing following David Koresh.

Now to the meat of the issue...who gives a fock?! If Tim Tebow lives a good life, helps old ladies across the street, sees his grandma every day and builds huts for kids in Cambodia...well...great! I think we need more athletes who accept the responsibility of being roll models instead of those who shirk it. Hell, at least Charles Barkley has the balls to say "I'm not a role model, tell your kids to look up to someone else". But this is a fantasy football site. I'll draft the Rae Caruth all stars if I think it will win me games. People need to get off the religious zealot train with Tebow. He's not winning the games, the other 21 players and he are, and a big part of it is the defense which is playing it's ASS off in spite of the handicap that their QB puts them in for 55 minutes a game. He is a very gifted athlete who has a HUGE will to win but is in the bottom 5 of actual QB ability in the league. The need to elevate Tebow just because he chooses to expound on his beliefs every time he's in front of the camera is asinine.

"I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest." This first horseman likely refers to the Antichrist, who will be given authority and will conquer all who oppose him. The antichrist is the false imitator of the true Christ, who will also return on a white horse.

This was awesome...what I would like to know the other three horseman so I can draft them next season. I'll be changing my team name to Apocalypse Now and riding the strength of Tebow and the other three horseman all season...."CHAMPIONSHIP!"

This was awesome...what I would like to know the other three horseman so I can draft them next season. I'll be changing my team name to Apocalypse Now and riding the strength of Tebow and the other three horseman all season...."CHAMPIONSHIP!"

Talk about going out in style!

Denver has won in spite of Tebow sucking.

Not much difference in faith in an unknown God and your insistence on continuing to believe in this ridiculous sentiment.

Awesome!!! I knew this thread would be gold! :thumbsup:

He fights the Anti-Christ being the Anti-LeBron.

(he sucks for 3 quarters & is great the 4th for those that needed the help)

:lol:

Tebow-ing is playing terrible for most of the game but still pulling off the win, Lebron-ing is the exact opposite.

I agree with everything you said except this, primarily because the haters always bring up his religious faith, his kneeling, and other such Tebow traits while I never see it from his supporters, who generally just say stuff like he "just wins." His supporters arguments on why Tebow is a good player oddly enough are based on secular reasons from my experience whereas his detractors will mention his mechanics but always look to take a shot at his faith, which really has nothing to do with what he does on the field and has no place in the discussion.

When Tebow detractors bring up his faith I think it's mostly jokey and not mean-spirited. Most of the time his religion comes into the discussion it's Tebow defenders claiming that's the only reason critics "hate" on him, as if his awful throwing mechanics aren't enough. Tebow has the most cultish sensitive defenders I've ever seen. He also gets at least as much undo praise as criticism. He gets many more accolades than Andy Dalton, who's sitting at 6-3 right now on an offense that's arguably as bad as Denver's.

I hope Tebow has a great year and turns himself into a complete QB. He has a terrific work ethic and attitude. But I do get tired of his whiny fans complaining about haters all the time. Every QB in football gets a high level of criticism and most of them don't get cheered on for winning a game when they threw the ball 8 times. Tebow doesn't sit there crying about not getting respect, his backers should follow his example and lighten up.

Finally, the kid is fantasy money and that's all I really care about.

Well he must have done something wrong because for 55 minutes of every game the lord makes all of us who had to watch him suffer. :)

Fixed.

Seriously, it's like crazy insane positive thinking.

I agree but I also think he believes in himself just as much as he does in God.

I think he's a great person but totally ignorant of his sh!tty skills. It's like those sh!tty singers you see show up on American Idol. No talent to do what they want to do but their belief in themselves is so huge.

Well, like him or hate him, hes winning games. The last time a crappy QB(Vince Young) won games thats wll weere told counted. Just saying.

Just like the Titans with Vince Young, it was the Defense that are winning these games. Same with the Bears and Grossman.

We saw the Lions obliterate Tebow for 60 minutes. The Phins did it for 55 mins. The Jets did it for 58 mins.

If the Broncos win that division, they'll get rolled by the first good defense they play. Bank it.

Don't forget to change your league championship to Dec 1st. After like 12/12/2012, no mas.

Unanswered prayers are god's way of telling you he doesn't exist...

Wait, god doesn't exist? Damn it. All this time I've been blaming him for these disease that often affect children:

Aids

Anemia

Asthma

Autism/Asperger's Syndrome

Bronchiolitis

Cancer

Candidiasis ("Thrush")

Chagas disease

Chickenpox

Croup

Cystic Fibrosis

Cytomegalovirus (the virus most frequently transmitted before birth)

dental caries

Diabetes(Type 1)

Diphtheria

Downs syndrome

Duchenne muscular dystrophy

Fifth disease

Rickets

Congenital Heart Disease

Influenza

Juvenile idiopathic arthritis

Leukemia

Measles

Meningitis

Molluscum contagiosum

Mumps

Nephrotic syndrome

Osgood-Schlatter disease

Osteogenesis Imperfecta(OI)

Pneumonia

Polio

Rheumatic fever

Roseola

Rubella

Sever's disease

Tetanus

Tuberculosis

Whooping cough

Hepatitis A

Fever

Scarlet fever (Scarletina)

ADD

ADHD

Mono

Lyme Disease

Xerophthalmia

Oh, and hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis...

my only issue with this post is that you're wrong about the antichrist. He has ALREADY returned, and he coaches the Washington Redskins.

Leading up to the 2010 draft, I was nearly convinced that Tim Tebow would never be a pocket passer in the NFL. After watching him play several times, I'm now completely convinced. That said, he can stay in the NFL for a long time as a backup or gadget player, and even start if need be, as long as you change the offense to a read option. But the more you do that, the farther he gets from ever being a pocket passer in the NFL. It's a catch 22. His coaches know that. John Elway certainly knows that.

It's a shame, too, because there's no doubt he has the "IT" everyone is looking for.