Sign in to follow this  
Busted by the Feds

AD torn ACL and MCL

Start of next year doesn't look good . Hope it's not true or he heals fast.

A Saturday night MRI confirmed that Adrian Peterson tore both the ACL and MCL in his left knee.

Reconstructive surgery will be delayed until the MCL heals, allowing doctors to operate on the ACL. The postponement is significant because Peterson's injury occurred so late in the year. It's possible that Peterson will be a candidate for the PUP list to begin the 2012 season. The odds will be against him playing in Week 1. Toby Gerhart will probably spend the offseason and 2012 training camp as the Vikings' first-team tailback. They may also add talent in free agency and/or the draft. Peterson just signed a seven-year, $96 million contract this past September.

Source: 1500 ESPN Twin Cities

Dec 24 - 10:44 PM

Ouch...sucks.

Even as a Packer fan, I appreciate how good that guy is and what he means to that team.

Big loss for the league IMO.

Makes all this FF nonsense seem so trivial. I'm admittedly a junkie for FF & a huge NFL fan.. but it's just a sad day for football when one of its brightest lights goes down with what could very well be a career altering, serious injury like that.

Heal well & Godspeed Purple Jesus! When healthy.. nobody really does it better. :(

I understand players wanting to play, and selling tickets and being competitive and all of that, but why the FOCK was AP in the game at less than 100%?

Makes all this FF nonsense seem so trivial. I'm admittedly a junkie for FF & a huge NFL fan.. but it's just a sad day for football when one of its brightest lights goes down with what could very well be a career altering, serious injury like that.

FF is never trivial! :nono:

But it is a sad day for true sports fans in losing one of the best football players in the world.

If anyone knows, why "let the MCL heal" rather than surgically repair both at the same time? I also wasn't aware torn ligaments healed themselves. Not questioning, just curious.

If anyone knows, why "let the MCL heal" rather than surgically repair both at the same time? I also wasn't aware torn ligaments healed themselves. Not questioning, just curious.

haven't read about the injury, but if it didn't tear all the way - meaning it's still partially attached - it can heal itself

I understand players wanting to play, and selling tickets and being competitive and all of that, but why the FOCK was AP in the game at less than 100% When the Vikings have nothing to play for?

:wall:

haven't read about the injury, but if it didn't tear all the way - meaning it's still partially attached - it can heal itself

Im not sure if its the same reason, but Marcus Lattimore waited over a month between injuring his knee and having surgery :dunno:

Since peterson or any other viking wasnt on any of my teams i didnt watch a single game of his. Shame on me. Did you see the play where it happened? That was a pretty brutal injury. Not quite as bad as the knox play but close.

If he doesnt return full strength we will talk about him like jim brown or sanders and if only he could have played his entire career out.

Since peterson or any other viking wasnt on any of my teams i didnt watch a single game of his. Shame on me. Did you see the play where it happened? That was a pretty brutal injury. Not quite as bad as the knox play but close.

If he doesnt return full strength we will talk about him like jim brown or sanders and if only he could have played his entire career out.

More like Gayle Sayers. Or maybe Bo Jackson.

I'm not ready to write the epitaph on this guy's career after this injury like some of you.

While it's a serious injury, medical advancements make his chances of a full recovery very possible. If he never gets back to where he was pre-injury, AP at 80% is still pretty damn good.

Heal well & Godspeed Purple Jesus! When healthy.. nobody really does it better. :(

thats the name of the game. That's why rb's always must get paid when they have a chance to get paid, and anyone hating on CJ3 for sitting out or his subsequent slow start after doesn't understand simple NFL math. RBs in general have a shelf life of like 3.2 years. Makes guys like LT just legendary figures to not just survive but be productive for over a decade. As far as ADP, this will likely make him lose a step, but today's medicine is far advanced from even 20 years ago. They'll stitch him up well, and he's a beast of a human being, so I see him coming back pretty strong. But things like this definitely will take years off the back end of his career...

Sucks that this happened so late in the year. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Shame. Was the best RB in the game. While he may never come back 100% I am sure he will be back and a force in 2013. I assume he starts 2012 on the PUP and doesn't see the field until mid season 2012. Hope for e speedy recovery.

medical advances can't cure psycological damage. after his recovery physically, playing nfl football will not be the same cause he might not trust his knee for a while

I think he will be back 100% in 2013 after he plays a mediocre 2012 (if he comes back)

I'm not ready to write the epitaph on this guy's career after this injury like some of you.

While it's a serious injury, medical advancements make his chances of a full recovery very possible. If he never gets back to where he was pre-injury, AP at 80% is still pretty damn good.

I had him on my "no draft list" for 2012 before the injury. This year it looked like he was on the backside of his career and was starting to break down.

I had him on my "no draft list" for 2012 before the injury. This year it looked like he was on the backside of his career and was starting to break down.

So you were wrong. He twisted his ankle and took a shot to the knee while putting up over 1100 total yds and 13 total tds with a 4.6 avg rush on a bad team with no QB, hardly a wr and a bad oline. Oh and he missed a few games.

This year it looked like he was on the backside of his career and was starting to break down.

:wacko:

Allow me to mention once again that you are a rotten human being. :thumbsdown:

Still a top 15 back considering the bums in this league and he still has one good AP leg.

1 100% AP leg plus 1 50% AP leg is better than Shonne Greene.

More like Gayle Sayers. Or maybe Bo Jackson.

More like Priest Holmes or Terrell Davis.

So you were wrong. He twisted his ankle and took a shot to the knee while putting up over 1100 total yds and 13 total tds with a 4.6 avg rush on a bad team with no QB, hardly a wr and a bad oline. Oh and he missed a few games.

No, I drafted him at 1.4 this year, it was next year I was going to back off. Now we will never know.

No, I drafted him at 1.4 this year, it was next year I was going to back off. Now we will never know.

Well I hope you don't hurt yourself dancing on his grave in some attempt to prove that you were somehow "right" in thinking that ADP was going to "fall off" regardless of this injury. :rolleyes: