Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

What we have learned from the playoffs

Draft Foster, Stafford and Calvin with the upmost confidence.

Calvin in particular is capable of a Randy Moss like season.

Titus Young should emerge as the Lions # 2.

Lions D blows.

Houston D should continue to be a solid play. Indy, Jax and Tenn in conference is gold too.

Despite a bad statistical game I thought Dalton looked pretty decent and there could be some bargains on the Bengals next year.

Will Nicks take the mantle of #1 receiving threat back from Victor Cruz?

Nicks is the Giants #1.

You want to call them 1a and 1b that's fine but Nicks deserves to be ranked a notch ahead of Cruz heading into next season IMO.

He's the red zone threat and has been a constant for years.

Nicks is the Giants #1.

You want to call them 1a and 1b that's fine but Nicks deserves to be ranked a notch ahead of Cruz heading into next season IMO.

Agreed. I love Cruz, but he loses a lot of appeal when given extra attention....like today.

Agreed. I love Cruz, but he loses a lot of appeal when given extra attention....like today.

which has implications for the giants run game next season.

Drew Brees should go 1.1 follow that up at 2.12 with Colston :first:

Bress wont go off like that agin - still really good though - likely still a 2nd rounder but or late first -- Colston no chance I ever draft him as he Brees throws to the Open guy he has no pecking order

Nicks is the Giants #1.

I love this game today. It will make Nicks fly up the charts again and Cruz will gain value. The only problem is Cruz will probably shred GB next week. I've owned Nicks and you'd better plan on missed time with him. If anyone deserves an injury prone label, it's him.

Draft Foster, Stafford and Calvin with the upmost confidence.

Calvin in particular is capable of a Randy Moss like season.

Titus Young should emerge as the Lions # 2.

Lions D blows.

Houston D should continue to be a solid play. Indy, Jax and Tenn in conference is gold too.

Despite a bad statistical game I thought Dalton looked pretty decent and there could be some bargains on the Bengals next year.

I drafted Foster, Calvin, and Stafford on my team this year. Got Stafford 13th round :banana:

I drafted Foster, Calvin, and Stafford on my team this year. Got Stafford 13th round :banana:

Uhhh, what focking league did you play in that Stafford lasted 13 rounds???

I'd be :banana: too if I drafted with idiots. Went in Rd. 7 in my league.

Ten man league play one QB and all the big name QB went in first two rounds. I drafted Shaub as my number 1 in round 6 and actually picked Stafford as my back up. I guess no one else wanted to touch him as a back up or #1 QB because of his injury history. :dunno:

I got Stafford in the 12th followed by Jimmy Graham in the 13th. Trust me, there are more than enough idiots to go around for EVERY league!

I got Stafford in the 12th followed by Jimmy Graham in the 13th. Trust me, there are more than enough idiots to go around for EVERY league!

Stafford went in the 5th of my league. (live in Michigan)

Stafford went in the 5th of my league. (live in Michigan)

Ah, Lions homers...there's a big difference. I'm pretty sure he'll go WAY earlier than the 5th round next year though!

Ten man league play one QB and all the big name QB went in first two rounds. I drafted Shaub as my number 1 in round 6 and actually picked Stafford as my back up. I guess no one else wanted to touch him as a back up or #1 QB because of his injury history. :dunno:

Jeez, he went in the 4th round of my league (with 3 keepers, and values QB's). But I think he was the 9th QB off the board after Rodgers/Brees/Brady/Manning/Rivers/Vick/Rivers/Romo

Jeez, he went in the 4th round of my league (with 3 keepers, and values QB's). But I think he was the 9th QB off the board after Rodgers/Brees/Brady/Manning/Rivers/Vick/Rivers/Romo

I took Stafford in the real 4th round of a 14 team league. (49th player off the board and 9th qb)

QBs were flying off the board, I was a bit afraid of getting 'stuck' with Manning or worse Cutler/Freeman, and I loved the upside of Stafford so I took a gamble.

The same type of gamble I took on Arian Foster a year prior.

I won this league.

I took Stafford in the real 4th round of a 14 team league. (49th player off the board and 9th qb)

QBs were flying off the board, I was a bit afraid of getting 'stuck' with Manning or worse Cutler/Freeman, and I loved the upside of Stafford so I took a gamble.

The same type of gamble I took on Arian Foster a year prior.

I won this league.

So you're saying the key to drafting in fantasy football is to reach for players because you're afraid of a run at their respective position? :wacko:

I agree, but the problem with that thinking is that when they shift from Nicks he reminds them why they can't focus on stopping Cruz instead of him. It's a pick your poison kind of situation, and most teams will continue to choose to allow Cruz to beat them.

So you're saying the key to drafting in fantasy football is to reach for players because you're afraid of a run at their respective position? :wacko:

I'd say the key is drafting the players that score the most points.

Stafford scored a lot of them and he helped me win my league.

Should I have waited a round and drafted Cutler or Freeman because the magazines/experts told me so?

There are not 14 tier 1 QBs in the league and securing one in todays fantasy football world is more important than it has ever been.

Maybe I shouldn't have drafted Jimmy Graham in the 6th either.

Did I mention I won my league? :dunno:

OK back to the point of this thread...

I'd say the key is drafting the players that score the most points.

Stafford scored a lot of them and he helped me win my league.

Should I have waited a round and drafted Cutler or Freeman because the magazines/experts told me so?

There are not 14 tier 1 QBs in the league and securing one in todays fantasy football world is more important than it has ever been.

Maybe I shouldn't have drafted Jimmy Graham in the 6th either.

Did I mention I won my league? :dunno:

OK back to the point of this thread...

Look, you got lucky when you panicked. If you had thought Freeman would replicate/improved on what he did the year before than you wouldn't have won, etc.

You drafted a QB at the end of a QB run and got lucky that that pick paid off.

Don't give us that BS that you wanted guys who score the most points, that goes without saying.

If you had said that Stafford had more 'upside' in your mind than Cutler and Freeman than that's one thing but you didn't... you grabbed an injury prone QB who has an All Universe WR...

..Usually when we win SB's stuff like this happens but it's when we 'reach' for guys we believe have upside.

Don't get me wrong, I've been back lurking here quite a bit lately and out of the 'newbies' you've gotta be the most intelligent poster.

I hate being 'away' for a while and then I have to read every single post to find out who the hell knows wtf they're talking about. It's comes in handy to just scroll down to familiar names for someone's thoughts on the subject that I can actually use.

You're one of them no doubt, thank you. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

What I learned in the Playoffs is that I think Denver is the first team to lose their last three games of the Regular Season and then win their first playoff game.

I think the Colts got close one year but SD handed their butts to them in Indy and squeaked by... that year Indy started 13-0 I think.

:shocking:

:pointstosky:

Look, you got lucky when you panicked. If you had thought Freeman would replicate/improved on what he did the year before than you wouldn't have won, etc.

You drafted a QB at the end of a QB run and got lucky that that pick paid off.

Don't give us that BS that you wanted guys who score the most points, that goes without saying.

If you had said that Stafford had more 'upside' in your mind than Cutler and Freeman than that's one thing but you didn't... you grabbed an injury prone QB who has an All Universe WR...

..Usually when we win SB's stuff like this happens but it's when we 'reach' for guys we believe have upside.

Don't get me wrong, I've been back lurking here quite a bit lately and out of the 'newbies' you've gotta be the most intelligent poster.

I hate being 'away' for a while and then I have to read every single post to find out who the hell knows wtf they're talking about. It's comes in handy to just scroll down to familiar names for someone's thoughts on the subject that I can actually use.

You're one of them no doubt, thank you. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

What I learned in the Playoffs is that I think Denver is the first team to lose their last three games of the Regular Season and then win their first playoff game.

I think the Colts got close one year but SD handed their butts to them in Indy and squeaked by... that year Indy started 13-0 I think.

:shocking:

:pointstosky:

If i wasnt on my iphone i would isolate the quotes needed for this response. That being said if you reread his post he did say that he liked staffords upside more. Quit being a ###### about it and stop trying to sound so intelligent when youre making a fool of yourself. Its all about value and i would say a top 5 qb in the 4th round of a 14 team league is damn good value no matter the reason he took it. So is the 2nd best tight end in the sixth. They should have a douche tag under a posters name that warns us when an egotistical tard wants to point to how much better he is than others except for the fact that he is the exact opposite.

If i wasnt on my iphone i would isolate the quotes needed for this response. That being said if you reread his post he did say that he liked staffords upside more. Quit being a ###### about it and stop trying to sound so intelligent when youre making a fool of yourself. Its all about value and i would say a top 5 qb in the 4th round of a 14 team league is damn good value no matter the reason he took it. So is the 2nd best tight end in the sixth. They should have a douche tag under a posters name that warns us when an egotistical tard wants to point to how much better he is than others except for the fact that he is the exact opposite.

:argue: :first:

Really FBN?

Too proud to admit the truth when you get 'lucky' huh?

I missed his saying he had upside and you think I was being a tw@t? That for surely I'm in the wrong, however I didn't have to #### to get my point across while you on the other hand just wanna toot your horn and play the arrogant azz.

I'll try and restate my intentions a different way then,

Did you have Stafford throwing 35+ TDs this year even 'if' he was healthy?

Nooooo.

30 possibly, but not 40+.

Did you have him throwing for 5k+ yards even if he was healthy?

Nooo.

4k possible but not 5k.

Did you think Stafford would play all 16 games?

Noooo.

Nope! You had your crystal football out at draft time and just knew he was gonna blow up.

Stafford had thrown for 19 TDs combined the last two years and you guys are gonna type me in the eye and tell me Mueller didn't get lucky.

Drafting a guy who has played in 13 games Total the previous two seasons?

Really?

Grats on winning your leagues this year Mr.Crystal Football.

:teabag:

:bandana:

Know Doubt, I appreciate your post and want to get this back to talking about what we see in the Playoffs.

For the record, I talked about 2 qbs making a jump to the next level this year. Matt Stafford and Matt Ryan.

I play in 3 leagues. Drafted Stafford in two and Ryan in the third as my only qbs. (Also drafted Jimmy Graham in two and Hernandez in one)

My Stafford pick wasn't just an end of a qb run pick. I wouldn't have picked Big Ben or Shaub who went before him there.

Maybe risky but I had a gut feeling and went with that hunch.