Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Self Defense Killing in Florida...Geeks got an opinion?

Your irrational need to protect the ability to commit assault on each other without fear of the victim pulling out a gun and blowing yuor head off...

Maybe your beer muscles contract a little knowing you are taking your life in your hands, and thats probably a good thing

Where does it end? If a person spits on you in sn argument are you free to blow his focking head off? If someone flips you the bird in traffic can you pull out your gat and end him?

Yes my examples are ridiculous, but so is the notion that you can respond to the mere swing of a fist with a fatal shotgun blast.

In Worms' World: Someone getting jumped walking through their neighborhood isn't the victim of a crime, its just a good old fashioned fist fight...

Its crazy.

You forgot the part where he made a speech before ahooting him then saying "see you in hell" then shoot him. Did he out his sunglasses on and walked away slowly?

Actually, eyewitnesses say he said this before blasting him:

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a black Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm semi-automatic pistol, the most popular conceal-carry handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Where does it end? If a person spits on you in sn argument are you free to blow his focking head off? If someone flips you the bird in traffic can you pull out your gat and end him?

Yes my examples are ridiculous, but so is the notion that you can respond to the mere swing of a fist with a fatal shotgun blast.

Wonder how many people have died/been paralyzed/severely and irreperably harmed in fist fights...

Spitting isn't committing assault IMO, nor is flipping the bird...punching someone in the face certainly is. Its certainly an intent to injure or worse... at that point it becomes fuzzy where the line is.

The pro-Zimmerman crowd are pro-gun and anti-black.

Actually I'm "pro-Zimmerman" because mindless drones like you spew this crap. HTH.

In Worms' World: Someone getting jumped walking through their neighborhood isn't the victim of a crime, its just a good old fashioned fist fight...

Its crazy.

Except that's not at all what happened. Zimmerman followed Martin. Even after the police dispatcher told him not to, I might add.

Actually I'm "pro-Zimmerman" because mindless drones like you spew this crap. HTH.

liberal mantra is 'you're with me or you're racist'

use of intimindation to force your hand...

Except that's not at all what happened. Zimmerman followed Martin. Even after the police dispatcher told him not to, I might add.

not saying it did... however was it illegal for Zimmerman to have followed Martin? He called beforehand to assist police, and may have felt locating the suspect was also helping the police... is this illegal? I don't believe so... And was it illegal to disregard a police dispatcher directive? I once again don't think so, but could be wrong...

If he located TM, and TM had say stolen property on him, or even if he had nothing and was released, could police/TM file a complaint or charge against GZ for following or disobeying a dispatcher order?

It must be a wild coincidence how the comments sections on this story on mainstream news sites are loaded with racist commentary, like many threads on FFT.

Yeah, it's all in my head. :thumbsup:

not saying it did... however was it illegal for Zimmerman to have followed Martin? He called beforehand to assist police, and may have felt locating the suspect was also helping the police... is this illegal? I don't believe so... And was it illegal to disregard a police dispatcher directive? I once again don't think so, but could be wrong...

I don't know if it is illegal to disobey a police dispatcher. That's a good question. But whether Zimmerman's actions were illegal or not, they did invite trouble.

Yep. There's a big difference to me between Zimmerman drawing a gun and firing while he's being beaten vs. getting roughed up, standing, drawing a gun and shooting Martin. I suspect the latter is what happened but I guess we'll find out in time.

Regarding this part of your post: I agree. If they have ballistics which show this, they have a case. I'm no CSI guy, but there would be powder burns on Martin, right? Also angles and shiot.

The screams, meh, they could have come during a struggle for the gun.

You keep saying the same lie over and over and no one believes it. They never told him to not follow him, they said it wasn't necessary. Big focking difference. :nono:

Yep. There's a big difference to me between Zimmerman drawing a gun and firing while he's being beaten vs. getting roughed up, standing, drawing a gun and shooting Martin. I suspect the latter is what happened but I guess we'll find out in time.

In this morning's hearing the state's investigator confirmed that there was gun residue on Martin's jacket, and said this indicated that he was shot at close range.

The pro-Zimmerman crowd are pro-gun and anti-black. They'll also use any excuse to get angry at Obummer. How many times has Corky Pilot repeated the "does he look like Obummer's son?" line? You can tell that really pixxed him off. These folks have got full BudBro and aren't thinking like sane people.

I'm not Pro Zimmerman. I'm pro let's hear the facts and have justice, not lynch mobbings. If he's guilty of something he should be convicted. From what I heard this morning the state's case is extremely weak. But we'll see.

Regarding this part of your post: I agree. If they have ballistics which show this, they have a case. I'm no CSI guy, but there would be powder burns on Martin, right? Also angles and shiot.

http://gma.yahoo.com/warning-graphic-photo-possible-evidence-shows-george-zimmermans-050145810--abc-news-topstories.html

The photographer told ABC News exclusively that they did not see the scuffle that night, but did hear it. The source saw Martin's prostrate body on the wet grass and claims the gunpowder burns on Martin's gray hoodie were clearly visible; the gunpowder marks could show that Martin was shot at very close range.

Have you heard the tape? If you have, I suggest you listen again to refresh your memory. The screams are blood-curdling and not at all consistent with a mutual struggle at that point.

You keep saying the same lie over and over and no one believes it. They never told him to not follow him, they said it wasn't necessary. Big focking difference. :nono:

Bullsh!t. The dispatcher adamantly said "we don't need you to do that", as in don't do it. Frankly it's completely disingenuous on your part to argue otherwise.

Have you heard the tape? If you have, I suggest you listen again to refresh your memory. The screams are blood-curdling and not at all consistent with a mutual struggle at that point.

Not sure what you want from me, Worms. If the ballistics show that it was close range, I'm not comfortable with putting a guy away for murder because you think the screams indicate he was far away. :dunno:

Not sure what you want from me, Worms. If the ballistics show that it was close range, I'm not comfortable with putting a guy away for murder because you think the screams indicate he was far away. :dunno:

He wants you to convict Zimmerman without due process based upon his cherry picked evidence, obtained via the same MSM that had no problem editing Zimmerman's call to police to make him sound racist, all the while ignoring any evidence that supports Zimmerman's self defense argument.

I don't think the screams indicate he was far away, I think they indicate that the struggle was completely over for at least several seconds before Zimmerman shot him. Of course I could be wrong on that, but I do believe the tape is a very powerful piece of evidence.

He wants you to convict Zimmerman without due process based upon his cherry picked evidence, obtained via the same MSM that had no problem editing Zimmerman's call to police to make him sound racist, all the while ignoring any evidence that supports Zimmerman's self defense argument.

And you didn't even want him arrested at all because you are so sure he is 100% innocent despite some evidence to the contrary. You don't want the victim's family to get their day in court.

So fock us both then, huh? I'm tired of running in circles. Let's just agree the process needs to play out. You think he'll be acquitted if this goes to trial; I do not. Fair enough :dunno:

And you didn't even want him arrested at all because you are so sure he is 100% innocent despite some evidence to the contrary. You don't want the victim's family to get their day in court.

So fock us both then, huh? I'm tired of running in circles. Let's just agree the process needs to play out. You think he'll be acquitted if this goes to trial; I do not. Fair enough :dunno:

When did I say he shouldn't be arrested?

Listening to those desperate screams -to me- I have a very, very seriously hard time believing they came from the guy with access to a gun. Of course, I could be wrong. Zimmerman says they were his screams and the tape analysis by my understanding is inconclusive. Martin's status as a corpse makes him unable to contest Zimmerman's account of the incident.

There is a possibility it doesn't go to trial if the judge rules stand your ground was in play

There is a possibility it doesn't go to trial if the judge rules stand your ground was in play

And that would be a travesty, because then we and everyone else will be arguing until the end of time whether Zimmerman was "guilty" in the sense that a jury of his peers would find him criminally culpable.

And that would be a travesty, because then we and everyone else will be arguing until the end of time whether Zimmerman was "guilty" in the sense that a jury of his peers would find him criminally culpable.

YOU will be, anyways.

:lol:

Bullsh!t. The dispatcher adamantly said "we don't need you to do that", as in don't do it. Frankly it's completely disingenuous on your part to argue otherwise.

If the dispatcher meant "don't do it" why didn't they say so. :rolleyes:

Disingenuous my ass. Look in the mirror.

Do you not agree that a jury should hear this case?

I have no problem if a jury hears this, assuming the evidence supports that. However, if the evidence is lacking I don't think it's fair to have a show trial for political purposes. That would be a waste of time and money, as well as the hardship it causes the defendant. Also, I don't agree with the SYG law but if a judge determines with certainty that the provable circumstances of this incident fall within it's parameters and tosses it I won't have a problem with that. The solution to a bad law isn't to ignore it. It's to change it. But, assuming there is a reasonable amount of evidence of an actual crime, I'm happy for it to go to a jury.

Do you not agree that a jury should hear this case?

No. This guy shouldn't even be in court.

No. This guy shouldn't even be in court.

This :thumbsup:

Bad shoot and likely should be prosecuted.

Just so we're clear on where I stand. I have reviewed what evidence is available, and I don't believe he should be in court.

I'm trying to find the scream tape in its entirety. While we're discussing the finer points of the law, can someone explain why the Orlando Sentinel can copywright a 911 tape?

I'm trying to find the scream tape in its entirety. While we're discussing the finer points of the law, can someone explain why the Orlando Sentinel can copywright a 911 tape?

This is not the copy I heard because what I heard wasn't youtube which I can't listen to. But this is what google came up with:

http://habueld.hubpages.com/hub/Listen-to-Trayvon-Martins-final-moments

Worms is the biggest hypocrite ever. You said this just days after it became public:

This guy killed him in cold blood. He was probably standing/leaning over the kid for a while and made the conscious decision to shoot him.

Now, after actual facts are coming out you say this:

Let's just agree the process needs to play out.

No fukking way in hell are you anywhere close to being any kind of attorney. :rolleyes:

I don't know if it is illegal to disobey a police dispatcher. That's a good question. But whether Zimmerman's actions were illegal or not, they did invite trouble.

Just to be clear, the police did not say "Don't follow him." They we don't need you to.

I think you are under the assumption that the police gave him a direct order.

The pro-Zimmerman crowd are pro-gun and anti-black. They'll also use any excuse to get angry at Obummer. How many times has Corky Pilot repeated the "does he look like Obummer's son?" line? You can tell that really pixxed him off. These folks have got full BudBro and aren't thinking like sane people.

i'm taking this as a compliment and here's why. i simply pointed out that the media intentionally and with malice made this out to be a white on black crime with racial overtones and it makes you mad that someone caught on to it. except, they forgot to do their due diligence prior to yelling fire in the theater. then the normal race-baiters show up...obama, jackson, sharpton, the film producer guy who watches the knicks, oprah, some untalented rappers, rosie, bill maher...the usual racists, to scream about race problems with white people against black people. so, go f&*k yourself mdc. they're talking about your white aS& also and you're included whether you're breathlessly kissing their a&&es or not. if it doesn't pi&& you off that you're considered a racist, then you're a bigger f&*king moron than you portray yourself as on this bored. i'm not reading this whole mess of a post, but i don't recall anyone saying the kid should be dead because he's black and the shooter should get off free because he's white. if you're suggesting that is the case and signing my name it, it tells more about you than it does me. i get it, you're bought and paid for. we all get it. sack up brother man, you're gonna need to be able to defend yourself. and keep your mouth off my handle.

If the prosecution gets clowned again like they did at the bond trial today this thing will never see a jury.

i'm taking this as a compliment and here's why. i simply pointed out that the media intentionally and with malice made this out to be a white on black crime with racial overtones and it makes you mad that someone caught on to it. except, they forgot to do their due diligence prior to yelling fire in the theater. then the normal race-baiters show up...obama, jackson, sharpton, the film producer guy who watches the knicks, oprah, some untalented rappers, rosie, bill maher...the usual racists, to scream about race problems with white people against black people. so, go f&*k yourself mdc. they're talking about your white aS& also and you're included whether you're breathlessly kissing their a&&es or not. if it doesn't pi&& you off that you're considered a racist, then you're a bigger f&*king moron than you portray yourself as on this bored. i'm not reading this whole mess of a post, but i don't recall anyone saying the kid should be dead because he's black and the shooter should get off free because he's white. if you're suggesting that is the case and signing my name it, it tells more about you than it does me. i get it, you're bought and paid for. we all get it. sack up brother man, you're gonna need to be able to defend yourself. and keep your mouth off my handle.

:first: :first: :first: :first: :first:

Actually I wasn't responding to anything you specifically said, by "full BudBro" I just meant full retard, because your posts lately have been deeply retarded, this one included. And if anyone here seems mad it's you. Go have a beer and relax.

Actually I wasn't responding to anything you specifically said, by "full BudBro" I just meant full retard, because your posts lately have been deeply retarded, this one included. And if anyone here seems mad it's you. Go have a beer and relax.

What he said is 100% true.