Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Self Defense Killing in Florida...Geeks got an opinion?

What he said is 100% true.

None of it about me was true. For a bunch of forum full of guys who sit around dropping n-bombs and making racist "jokes" all the time you sure are defensive about the idea that race played a role in this case. :doh:

It must be a wild coincidence how the comments sections on this story on mainstream news sites are loaded with racist commentary, like many threads on FFT.

Yeah, it's all in my head. :thumbsup:

As is often the case, your powers of logical reasoning are poor. While it may be true that anti-black people support Zimmerman, it does not follow that Zimmerman supporters must be anti-black.

On a side note, it is funny that we are using the phrase "anti-black." We can't use "racist," because Zimmerman is white-latino and all. :(

As is often the case, your powers of logical reasoning are poor. While it may be true that anti-black people support Zimmerman, it does not follow that Zimmerman supporters must be anti-black.

On a side note, it is funny that we are using the phrase "anti-black." We can't use "racist," because Zimmerman is white-latino and all. :(

A lot of the same people that you see dropping the n word and making other racist comments (not in jest) on this site are the same people defending Zimmerman. Not all of the Zimmerman defenders fall into that camp, but a lot of them do. Is that a coincidence?

A lot of the same people that you see dropping the n word and making other racist comments (not in jest) on this site are the same people defending Zimmerman. Not all of the Zimmerman defenders fall into that camp, but a lot of them do. Is that a coincidence?

Holy crap. Do you and MDC really believe this crap?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

based on the flawed logic i've read in this thread, if the guy in the garbage can had pulled out a gun and shot the black kid in this video you all would be claiming he too was justified. sadly, zimmerman had less cause to shoot trayvon than the person who was knocked out in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO1PJZCKgNQ

i just want to add that gcolts called me a kunt and you all punk-asses let that fly. no one, not even nikki called him out for that. there is obviously no moderation on this site and you all clearly think nothing about members using offensive language like that against one another. i never called zimmerman or any of you racsit regarding this topic, that is besides the point. it doesn't matter if zimmerman was racist or over zealous. rather, the question was, "were the police biased" by applying the stand your ground law in this instance, where the victim was unarmed, minding his business, walking home from the store. if approached, did trayvon not have the right to stand HIS ground? a case will flush all of the questions out.

the above was statement, i refuse to debate with any of you.

Who here is defending Zimmerman? I see many posters saying lets wait for the investigation to run it's course before convicting him, unlike you. I also see people bringing facts that dispute the erroneous press accounts you based your conviction on.

I'd also like to see your list of the people who drop the n word around here. I've seen it a few times, but always in a joking manner. I'm sure your list will never be produced.

based on the flawed logic i've read in this thread, if the guy in the garbage can had pulled out a gun and shot the black kid in this video you all would be claiming he too was justified. sadly, zimmerman had less cause to shoot trayvon than the person who was knocked out in this video:

i just want to add that gcolts called me a kunt and you all punk-asses let that fly. no one, not even nikki called him out for that. there is obviously no moderation on this site and you all clearly think nothing about members using offensive language like that against one another. i never called zimmerman or any of you racsit regarding this topic, that is besides the point. it doesn't matter if zimmerman was racist or over zealous. rather, the question was, "were the police biased" by applying the stand your ground law in this instance, where the victim was unarmed, minding his business, walking home from the store. if approached, did trayvon not have the right to stand HIS ground? a case will flush all of the questions out.

It's the Geek Club Peenie. Anything goes here. If you want a politically correct bored, try footballgheys. I'm sure they'll take you.

Next time Gary calls you a Kunt, fire back and call him a crippled old dude with no life and no wife. (sorry Gary..just offering a suggestion for Peenie).

Don't be a fuckin crybaby.

Now, your point about Zimmerman. I disagree completely.

It appears he was justified in shooting him because he was in fear of great bodily harm or death. That's self defense and it's allowable in every state.

Stand your ground had nothing to do with the shooting. I'm sorry. If you don't understand that you don't understand the law and its application.

That is such a terrible example to use is relation to this event I almost think you are fishing.

i just want to add that gcolts called me a kunt and you all punk-asses let that fly. no one, not even nikki called him out for that. there is obviously no moderation on this site and you all clearly think nothing about members using offensive language like that against one another.

This is the geek board...you pretty much know the level of moderation that occurs here most of the time. Not saying it's right or wrong, but to come here and then get mad knowing what likely will eventually occur, especially in this topic, with the mix of posters on this board is batshit crazy. :wave:

it doesn't matter if zimmerman was racist or over zealous.

I agree with this.

the question was, "were the police biased" by applying the stand your ground law in this instance,

That might have been a question at one point in time, but is not really relevant since Zimmerman has been arrested. Now the immediate question is, does the stand you ground apply. I've already posted in this thread the stipulations that must apply for that defense to be granted.

where the victim was unarmed, minding his business, walking home from the store.

It does appear that this was the case early on. It also has nothing to do if the stand your ground law applys or not to the events that occurred later. Perhaps this is a problem with the law.

if approached, did trayvon not have the right to stand HIS ground? a case will flush all of the questions out.

Yes, a trial will flush out these questions. That's the point. Course, it has to get to a trial frist. First the judge will decide on the stand your ground question.

i refuse to debate with any of you.

That is not surprising.

I don't think every pro-Zimmerman person us a bigot, but I do think a lot of people here are. Most of the people here who are constantly making racial "jokes" and can't participate in a political thread without mentioning Obummer's race are the same people insisting that Zimmerman shouldn't stand trial and making racial cracks about Martin. They are the same people who are obsessed with Sharpton, the Black Panthers and the worst that black America has to offer. And I'm guessing they're the same ilk that loads the comments section of every story on this case with similar bigoted comments.

If you don't think race plays a huge role in how this story is perceived I think you're either being disingenuous or very naive. :dunno:

If you don't think race plays a huge role in how this story is perceived I think you're either being disingenuous or very naive. :dunno:

Of course it's about race. A messican shot a black punk and our half white president pimped it out for his own benefit. :thumbsdown:

Sorry peenie. I get called a kunt here approximately 14 times a day so I didn't even notice. :dunno:

What a nagger...nag nag nag.

i just want to add that gcolts called me a kunt and you all punk-asses let that fly. no one, not even nikki called him out for that. there is obviously no moderation on this site and you all clearly think nothing about members using offensive language like that against one another.

I saw gocolts' post and thought it was way over the line. I'm fairly sure I posted a thumbsdown to communicate that point. So your assertion that nobody called him out is wrong.

At any rate, you do need to have thicker skin if you're going to post here. Especially as a black woman on a site full of posters who pretend(?) to hate women and minorities.

Looks like the prosecutor may be looking at ethics issues.

With ABC News’ release of the George Zimmerman photo showing blood flowing freely from his head, the question becomes whether Angela Corey, the prosecutor in the case, had access to the photo before charging Zimmerman with second-degree murder.

The arrest affidavit did not mention the photograph, or the bleeding, gashes, and bruises on Zimmermans’ head. Professor Alan Dershowitz of Harvard Law School stated upon release of the arrest affidavit that it was “so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge … everything in the affidavit is completely consistent with a defense of self-defense.”

After the release of the photo, however, Dershowitz went much further, telling Breitbart News that if the prosecutors did have the photo and didn’t mention it in the affidavit, that would constitute a “grave ethical violation,” since affidavits are supposed to contain “all relevant information.”

Dershowitz continued, “An affidavit that willfully misstates undisputed evidence known to the prosecution is not only unethical but borders on perjury because an affiant swears to tell not only the truth, but the whole truth, and suppressing an important part of the whole truth is a lie."

When asked if it made a difference whether the prosecution had the bloody photograph at the time they charged Zimmerman, Dershowitz responded, “We do know that there were earlier photographs before the affidavit was done that strongly suggested blood on the back of the head, and we know the police had first access to him, so if there was blood they [the prosecution] would know about it …

"I've had cases in Florida against prosecutors,” Dershowitz said, “and this is not the first time they have willfully omitted exculpatory evidence. It's a continuing problem. Here, it’s not only immoral, but stupid. The whole country is watching. What do they benefit from having half-truths in an affidavit?"

Dershowitz added, "I'm not taking sides, but I'm insisting that both sides play by the rules, and so far the prosecution is not playing by the rules."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/20/Dershowitz-prosecution-immoral

Dershowitz is a dumb@ss. Didn't he insist that the indictment wouldn't even survive a probable cause analysis? Well it did. And as for the photo, the prosecutor is obligated to turn over evidence like that to the defense but she isn't necessarily obligated to present it to the Court herself. That would be stupid. What would be the point of even having a defense if the prosecutor had to present the defense for them?

Dershowitz is a dumb@ss. Didn't he insist that the indictment wouldn't even survive a probable cause analysis? Well it did. And as for the photo, the prosecutor is obligated to turn over evidence like that to the defense but she isn't necessarily obligated to present it to the Court herself. That would be stupid. What would be the point of even having a defense if the prosecutor had to present the defense for them?

Would the indictment survive if she would have included all the relavent information, as is required? I think the chances are slim, given the photo evidence she left out. What other relavent info did she suppress? Who knows.

This is the mentality we're dealing with........a FB post from one of my brotha friends

In Chicago yesterday some black kids jumped on a white dude while referencing the Trayvon Martin case. Let me say this disgusts me to my core. All this serves to do is give the ones who wish to minimize the real case or worse yet the ones who wish to generalize my race more ammo. I'm just waiting for the "where's the outrage for this story" posts. That train is never late...

Unreal. Right.....when you ONLY call out crimes against you....people dont take you seriously.

This is not a race case....just bc it wasnt 2 blacks involved.

I did say that and I am sorry it bothered you so much.

At the time I said that, you were being very condescending to me and you refused to hear anything other than Zimmermann set out to kill a innocent child. Anytime I offered up something, you would just say I didn't understand or was ignoring facts when it was YOU who was doing just that.

You said you was not going to argue about this situation here or follow it online BEFORE I called you that name. Your mind was made up and you refused to hear of anything that might suggest otherwise. So don't even try to blame your lack of wanting to debate folks here on me calling you a name one time after you berated the sh1t out of me for several posts before that.

...Legal observers across the country, however, said the bond hearing denoted hallmarks of a savvy defense attorney.

Zimmerman’s lawyer interrogated a state investigator about the probable cause affidavit, which outlines the state’s case against Zimmerman. It was an unlikely move for a bond hearing, but it may have highlighted weaknesses in the state’s case, legal observers told The Associated Press on Friday.

Investigator Dale Gilbreath testified that he does not know whether Martin or Zimmerman threw the first punch and that there is no evidence to disprove Zimmerman's contention he was walking back to his vehicle when confronted by Martin. The affidavit says "Zimmerman confronted Martin and a struggle ensued."

But Gilbreath also said Zimmerman's claim that Martin was slamming his head against the sidewalk just before he shot the teenager was "not consistent with the evidence we found." He gave no details.

Lawyers not involved in the case said it was strategically smart because the investigator's statements could be used later to contradict other testimony or to decide how to question other witnesses.

"I thought it was a really great thing to do," said Tom Mesereau, a Los Angeles attorney whose clients have included singer Michael Jackson and actor Robert Blake. "He used the hearing to get information that can only help his defense. What was supposed to be strictly a hearing for bail, he used it as a discovery device, and was able to nail the investigator into making very, very pointed statements about the investigation and about what evidence they have."

~msnbc.com

Sorry peenie. I get called a kunt here approximately 14 times a day so I didn't even notice. :dunno:

that made me crack up!! lol!! :lol:

I don't think every pro-Zimmerman person us a bigot, but I do think a lot of people here are. Most of the people here who are constantly making racial "jokes" and can't participate in a political thread without mentioning Obummer's race are the same people insisting that Zimmerman shouldn't stand trial and making racial cracks about Martin. They are the same people who are obsessed with Sharpton, the Black Panthers and the worst that black America has to offer. And I'm guessing they're the same ilk that loads the comments section of every story on this case with similar bigoted comments.

Well?

My reply was to jerryskids, not you.

It looks like your reply was to yourself.

Well?

I don't think every pro-Zimmerman person us a bigot, but I do think a lot of people here are.

Mkay. I don't know them in real life.

Most of the people here who are constantly making racial "jokes" and can't participate in a political thread without mentioning Obummer's race are the same people insisting that Zimmerman shouldn't stand trial and making racial cracks about Martin.

Not sure where to start here. The Obama "White African American" jokes are aimed at the "white latino" race-baiting being perpetrated by the MSM; we've discussed that. Perhaps I've missed the racial cracks about Martin.

They are the same people who are obsessed with Sharpton, the Black Panthers and the worst that black America has to offer.

You have a strange definition of "obsessed." Sharpton leapt into the fray. Personally, I have an objection with people putting a bounty on another person's head, and it kinda upsets me when so many people including our administration don't seem to think it is a problem. I suppose you could call that an obsession. :dunno:

And I'm guessing they're the same ilk that loads the comments section of every story on this case with similar bigoted comments.

Mkay.

If you don't think race plays a huge role in how this story is perceived I think you're either being disingenuous or very naive.

On this I completely agree. :cheers:

On this I completely agree. :cheers:

Then I don't know why you dismissed it out of hand the first time I said it.

It looks like your reply was to yourself.

Jerryskids got it.

Please stick to harrassing nikki and Voltaire. :wave:

Then I don't know why you dismissed it out of hand the first time I said it.

You should think harder about why I agree with it, grasshopper. :ninja:

there is obviously no moderation on this site and you all clearly think nothing about members using offensive language like that against one another.

Since Fumbleweed was quietly granted moderation rights in the Geek Club forum quite some time ago, I'd have a bunch of my posts reported and subsequently deleted. It's not just Fumble, as MikeFFT has also been busy deleting. I have no idea what "crossing the line" means around here anymore, because that line keeps moving around.

But I can assure you that moderation still happens.

You should think harder about why I agree with it, grasshopper. :ninja:

After asking you twice to just freaking tell me what you mean I really don't care enough to decode your posts.

After asking you twice to just freaking tell me what you mean I really don't care enough to decode your posts.

There are racists on both sides. The obvious ones are the rednecks who hate the blackies. The more insidious ones, like yourself, believe that if you defend Zimmerman, you are to some degree racially motivated. HTH

There are racists on both sides. The obvious ones are the rednecks who hate the blackies. The more insidious ones, like yourself, believe that if you defend Zimmerman, you are to some degree racially motivated. HTH

I just told you that I don't believe everyone who defends Zimmerman is racially motivated but you're obviously more interested in tossing insults and dodging than having a discussion, which is sadly typical for this place.

I just told you that I don't believe everyone who defends Zimmerman is racially motivated but you're obviously more interested in tossing insults and dodging than having a discussion, which is sadly typical for this place.

The pro-Zimmerman crowd are pro-gun and anti-black.

This was your statement which started this discussion. I responded that statements like this are why I find myself defending Zimmerman, and that you powers of logic are weak. You continued to defend it with the caveat that, well of course, not EVERYONE thinks this way.

I believe that in your heart you believe that the vast majority of Zimmerman supporters are racist, and that you only added that qualifier because absolutes are stupid. This is the insidiousness of the racism on your side. HTH.

This was your statement which started this discussion. I responded that statements like this are why I find myself defending Zimmerman, and that you powers of logic are weak. You continued to defend it with the caveat that, well of course, not EVERYONE thinks this way.

I believe that in your heart you believe that the vast majority of Zimmerman supporters are racist, and that you only added that qualifier because absolutes are stupid. This is the insidiousness of the racism on your side. HTH.

Well hey, if you're going to go on your mind-reading abilities and intuition then what can I say? Obviously in your head you've got me pegged. I think that's a nonstarter and sort of beneath you but I'm not going to sit here and defend things I don't believe.

White dude attacks black dude, black dude shoots, claims self defense, wins. Guess they're not ALL racists.