Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

Randy Moss

I am on the clock in our free agaency draft and Moss is looking like the only guy left worth taking. Looking for opinions on his 2012 outlook :dunno:

its a thin pool because of large roster sizes in a 16 team league

thanks in advance

I am on the clock in our free agaency draft and Moss is looking like the only guy left worth taking. Looking for opinions on his 2012 outlook :dunno:

thanks in advance

Name some other options

Randy's the man :pointstosky: I hope he has one last decent season, but thats hard to predict.

Here are some other options around where Moss has been going in mocks on fantasyfootballcalculator.com

Malcolm Floyd

Anquan Boldin

Santonio Holmes

Lance Moore

Mike Williams

Michael Floyd

DHB

Greg Little

Titus Young

Crabtree

I'd take any of those guys over Moss. He's a huge risk and is playing for a coach who won't tolerate any of his BS and working with a QB who could really come back down to earth this year. He's old, took a year off and was invisible when he did play in 2010. There is some upside due to the massive talent he may or may not still have but I think it's slim.

Manningham is the only SF WR I'd be interested in. Withe the information given I like Tampa Mike Williams, Titus Young and Heyward-Bey's upside the most out of the list above. I'm assuming Floyd, Holmes and Boldin aren't available but they are the safest picks with little to no upside.

thanks in advance

I have Tommy Maddox rated just above Moss.

HTH

HTH

Tommy Maddox is still on the board??? Quick, turn in your draft card before your league mates realize he's still there!

I'd predict a stat line of 45-640-5 out of Randy this year. That'd be his ceiling because I can't imagine a huge state revival in that anemic offense led by Alex Smith.

Seriously....Moss is done. Unless you think you can package him in a trade on name recognition alone, take a flier on some kid with some actual upside.

Stellar career now over for all intensive purposes.

If Moss gets Smith up to 25+ TD's he's the greatest WR of all time.

Moss gets to wear the same uniform Rice did, I bet that motivates him this year.

Seriously....Moss is done. Unless you think you can package him in a trade on name recognition alone, take a flier on some kid with some actual upside.

If the 49ers are getting the Moss from 2010, he is done. However, if it's the one from 2009, he can and will help. I'll be curious to see how he can help them, assuming of course he makes the team.

It's "intents and purposes".

I ended up taking Martellus Bennett TE, NYG...

I need another TE like I need a hole in the head but I am thinking he could build up some hype durring camp and maybe I can parlay that into a decent rookie pick or somthing..

I just couldnt bring myself to pick Moss...

I know this is a late reply, but anyone wondering about this - for future drafts - I wouldn't take any of those guys listed over Michael Floyd. That kid is going to kill it right away with Larry Fitzgerald taking so much attention away. As long as Kolb/Skelton don't fall on both of their faces, he'll have a big year.

You could argue for Boldin, Williams, maybe even the other Floyd (Malcom). But Michael has great size and ball skills. He's going to be a machine right off the bat. Any other thoughts on him?

It's "intents and purposes".

Thanks for catching the malapropism professor, but I think I prefer intensive purposes. Language is a constantly evolving medium, and particularly in the world of FF, our purposes are certainly intensive.

(and, no, I am not using evolving language as an escape goat) ;)

I'd predict a stat line of 45-640-5 out of Randy this year. That'd be his ceiling because I can't imagine a huge state revival in that anemic offense led by Alex Smith.

I bet he doesn't even get half that.

If the 49ers are getting the Moss from 2010, he is done. However, if it's the one from 2009, he can and will help. I'll be curious to see how he can help them, assuming of course he makes the team.

Yeah. How often do players recapture "the player from three years ago." Not to mention, three years ago, he had Brady. Now he has smith. And he sat a year out. And he's old. And he was always a lazy bum who relied purely on athleticism he doesn't have any more.

I'd rather draft a good backup kicker than Moss.

Hence the reason I described it as a ceiling prediction, not what I actually think he'll achieve.

I don't expect Moss to have great statistical success this season but like another poster said, he's very capable of putting up similar numbers to what Plaxico did last season. Not great but a spot-start WR3 or 4 that can maybe put up a few decent stat lines.

Yeah. How often do players recapture "the player from three years ago." Not to mention, three years ago, he had Brady. Now he has smith. And he sat a year out. And he's old. And he was always a lazy bum who relied purely on athleticism he doesn't have any more.

I'd rather draft a good backup kicker than Moss.

His upside is limited, no question about it. I agree with you about the QB, out a year, etc. We shall see what happens.

This is not a bold prediction, but do NOT count ole Randy out yet - jes' sayin'.

Actually, Madd, I do consider that somewhat bold.

What do you guys think Moss's ceiling is?

I could see 600 yards, 6 tds.

That sounds about right.

The Niners now have four running backs that can play as well as the best defense in the NFL. That team is going to run all day every game and they are going to win a ton of football games this way.

Randy does nothing for them IMO.

The Niners now have four running backs that can play as well as the best defense in the NFL. That team is going to run all day every game and they are going to win a ton of football games this way.

I believe the 49ers will and should open up the playbook a little this year as Alex Smith had a plethora of weapons at his disposal. They made it as far as they could playing their style last year. If they want to get to the Super Bowl, they have to upgrade the offense and perhaps Moss will help them out.

Yes they will run a lot. They also didn't pick up this many receivers to avoid throwing to them. It is expected they will run, so the pass figures into their plans with more emphasis imo. I wouldn't draft any SF WR until later rounds, though Davis is worth a pick in the 5th.

Last year alex smith had 210 yards per game and 1.1 td's per game. Even an upgraded receiver corp is not going to improve those numbers that much.

Last year alex smith had 210 yards per game and 1.1 td's per game. Even an upgraded receiver corp is not going to improve those numbers that much.

I made a mistake in my previous post. Colt mccoy was the qb with 210 ypg and 1.1 td per game, but don't worry he was benched and won't be a starter anymore.

Alex smith had 196 yards per game and 1.1 td's per game. And that was alex smiths career year in 7 years!!!!

Top 5 QB :banana:

Yes they will run a lot. They also didn't pick up this many receivers to avoid throwing to them. It is expected they will run, so the pass figures into their plans with more emphasis imo. I wouldn't draft any SF WR until later rounds, though Davis is worth a pick in the 5th.

I think they picked up Moss to maybe keep the Safety out of the box. That's it. He's old and uninterested. Not going to do much other than pick up paychecks.

I ended up taking Martellus Bennett TE, NYG...

I need another TE like I need a hole in the head but I am thinking he could build up some hype durring camp and maybe I can parlay that into a decent rookie pick or somthing..

I just couldnt bring myself to pick Moss...

You skipped Moss for a 291lb TE?

The 49ers will not get to the Super Bowl if they continue to run the ball all day long and pay only lip service to the passing game. I believe they went as far as they could last year and it didn't work out for them getting to Indy.

Bennett is awful....all blow and no show.

Moss slipped about 6 or so picks after mine so I think I made the right call.. I dont have high expectations for Bennett but I do see him as a more valuable Dynasty piece then randy..

I can't wait to steal Moss late in drafts.

850 yards, 9-11 TDs.

:pointstosky:

See people, this is why you should refuse any prescription for Oxycontin regardless of the severity of the pain.

Moss slipped about 6 or so picks after mine so I think I made the right call.. I dont have high expectations for Bennett but I do see him as a more valuable Dynasty piece then randy..

Bennett ballooned up like a tick during the offseason. I would not expect much from him at all with his weight being 25+ pounds more than it was last year and he has hamstring issues. :dunno:

HTH

ok, realize that i am a steeler fan, but also realize that this is an un-biased opinion. these r my true thoughts on tommy gun this year, and i fully expect him to prove me right.

first of all, there is no quarterback, and there hasnt been since warner in 1999 w/ as many weapons in the passing game as tommy has this year. hines ward is the most polished wr in football, and plaxico burress is going to show this year how elite of a wr he really is. these guys both will have 12-15 tds each, and both will eclipse 1,300 yds receiving, w/ plax closer to 1,600. randle el in the slot is absolutely impossible to cover 1 on 1 w/out a shut down corner, and u cannott afford that w/ the 2 elite wrs lined up outside. randle el will be good for 500-700 yds receiving this year, and a couple of trick plays as well. zereoue out of the back field will be a huge upgrade over bettis between the 20s, and he has developed into an outstanding receiver and they will find ways to get him the ball through the air. he should get 400-600 yds receiving. rhiemersma is a huge upgrade over bruener as the starting te. rhiemersma is a polished wr, and can make tough catches and keep a linebacker honest at all times, giving maddox more time to throw w/ less blitzes. i look for rhiemersma to accumulate 450-600 yds receiving as well. of course the other backs, fullbacks, and tes, and wrs will get a handfull of catches and yds as well.when u add all of these #s together, u start to realize that tommy maddox will have some serious weapons to throw to this season. he is healthy, confident, playing for a contract, and poised to take this offense to the next level. there will be no defense capable of stopping, or even slowing down this juggernaut.bottom line, maddox can break the all time passing yds record if he stays healthy, and im boldly predicting him for 5,000+ yards passing this season. teams predictions:

maddox: 5,100 yds passing, 36-38 tds, 150 yds rushing, 0-1 tds.

zereoue: 1,100 yds rushing, 4-6 tds, 400-600 yds receiving, 2-3 tds.

bettis: 400-500 yds rushing, 6-8 tds, 100-150 yds receiving, 0 tds.

ward: 110 receptions, 1,350-1,400 yds, 13-15 tds

and a handful of rushing yds)

burress: 85-90 catches, 1,500-1,700 yds, 12-14 tds

randle el: 500-700 yds receiving, 3-5 tds

rhiemersma: 400-500 yds receiving, 2-4 tds

rest of backs/wrs/tes: 300-400 yds receiving, 2-4 tds.

this may seem like its high balling, but ive been doing this for a while, and i see this offense as unbelievably special, and motivated to prove how dominant they can be. u heard it here first, maddox will have a special year in 2003. get him in the last year that hes available after rd 2...

I can't wait to steal Moss late in drafts.

850 yards, 9-11 TDs.

:pointstosky:

I'd love to see it!