Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Greg 'the leg' Zuerlein

Damn, that's what I thought,... Guess I'll just miss on the best kicker of our generation and settle for someone who is averaging two points less per game...

Lol

Man, I can't believe it. I'm taking the plunge. I finally have the #1 waiver claim and I'm placing it on a K . Talk me off the ledge, lol .

Geez, I hope you came to your sense and saved your #1 waiver position. Or used it on someone other than a kicker. That's just too painful to think about.

Just dropped Hartley for him, bye week replacement soon anyways... Not carrying two kickers

I have Hartley as well and can't decide to make the switch or not...

Looks like i will have to drop Hanson to pickup Zuerlein for the bye week.

Just did this myself, hopefully it'll work out.

Any Rams kicker would be a stud in fantasy because of our piss-poor redzone offense :mad:

I dropped Hartley today. I planned on taking Zuerlein, but someone in my league actually used a waiver (not #1) to get him. I'm gonna wait to pick up Tucker, who said player dropped, when he becomes a FA later this week.

Picked him up last night and on MFL was a news blurb about him earning the nickname "Legatron." Love it

I still prefer the nickname Greg the Leg over Legatron since we already have a Megatron, but that could just be me. :P

Legatron does seem pretty fitting however.

Geez, I hope you came to your sense and saved your #1 waiver position. Or used it on someone other than a kicker. That's just too painful to think about.

Not to worry. I came to my senses. I chose Hartline instead . Zeurlein did get picked up though, so he was a hot name. I just waited till all the waivers cleared and picked up Blair Walsh, who was still out there .

Count me on the Z train, Just picked him up off waivers for Hanson who has a bye.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Hanson also has 1 point more than Z train in my league.

I have Hartley as well and can't decide to make the switch or not...

Bye week at 6, might as well replace him now. Plus if a kicker scores a thread and given multiple nicknames, hes worth an add. :)

Now, I'm thinking is G Z reinventing the K position like Gronk and Graham did the TE's ? Is he worth going after next year outside the last 2 rounds . :shocking:

Dangerous thinking

I made the move to Legatron today. Yeah, it flies in the face of conventional fantasy kicker wisdom, in that the Rams offense stinks. But it seems like all they have to do is get across mid-field to be in this freak's range.

Now, I'm thinking is G Z reinventing the K position like Gronk and Graham did the TE's ? Is he worth going after next year outside the last 2 rounds . :shocking:

ADAM VINATIERI!

I have him (love Legatron name BTW) along with Matt Bryant. Has he become a must start each week?

I have had single digits out of my kicker thus far. Just picked Greg up, and if he keeps this production up, you can bet your ass I'm keeping him on my roster during his bye week. Unreal how stubborn some of you people are...

I usually end up with a ww kicker that is very good each year. Akers last year, zuerlien this year. There is always a good kicker waiting to be picked up. Just glad I have him in dynasty.

Gently flows the wide Missouri, searching for the sea.

Take me to my alma mater, where it waits for me.

Though I leave and ever wander, this I know is true.

When I dream of old Missouri, I'll remember you.

Loyal hearts to her returning, faithful, proud and true,

Missouri Western live forever, we sing in praise of you.

:banana:

(I was gonna throw down a pointstosky, but it was more along the line of our bearcat rivals)

Aww, yea. I was so happy Amendola dropped that 3rd down pass. 53 yard field by Greg with ease and that's 6 points in my league. I dropped Tucker K Ravens who was good, but this guy's even better!

Aww, yea. I was so happy Amendola dropped that 3rd down pass. 53 yard field by Greg with ease and that's 6 points in my league. I dropped Tucker K Ravens who was good, but this guy's even better!

Dude is awesome. May have to keep him next year!

Seriously the kick record of 63 has annoyed me for years. It's so vulnerable and just begging to be shattered. I really want this guy to attempt 70.

The Legatron legend grows... He hit that 53-yarder a mile high, like an extra point. The best human kickers have to drive the ball low and hard to get it that far. They're going to give this android a shot at a 65-yarder at some point this year.

The Legatron legend grows... He hit that 53-yarder a mile high, like an extra point. The best human kickers have to drive the ball low and hard to get it that far. They're going to give this android a shot at a 65-yarder at some point this year.

And he is not a fat freak like Jano

And he is not a fat freak like Jano

Well when you mainline Vodka..ya get fat.

They looked in their own backyard, and guess what they found.

“(Special teams) Coach (John) Fassel went out and did private workouts with a number of kickers and punters and he came back and literally was blown away at the leg, the distance on the kickoffs and the distance and accuracy in the field goal game. Twenty three of 24 and nine over 50 yards, two over 58 in one game – that’s extraordinary. We felt like this was going to be a need. We need to upgrade the position so we couldn’t pass on this opportunity. And we’re glad we didn’t because you saw what Minnesota did right after (taking a kicker, also).” – Coach Jeff Fisher on the reasons for taking Zuerlein.

“He was nine for nine from 50 plus in bad weather. We’ll keep it at that.” – GM Les Snead on selecting Zuerlein.

He makes 50+ yard FG look like extra points.

That said are we concerned with the St. Louis offense with Amendola out?

He didn't get many chances last night...

I tried to buy Zuerlein for $2 bucks and felt like a schmuck for spending money on a kicker, someone bid $13 bucks. We are a dynasty league but come on. Why $2 you might ask? Well, last week I tried to buy the Arizona defense for $1 buck, I mean I felt stupid even bidding cash for a defense and not just using the waiver wire, and someone bid $2.

I suck at this bidding waiver wire thing.

On the plus side I got Zuerlein on several other teams, pretty non-competitive leagues but nice to have legatron on a couple teams.

He makes 50+ yard FG look like extra points.

That said are we concerned with the St. Louis offense with Amendola out?

He didn't get many chances last night...

That bum Bradford threw a pick in the redzone. Leg should've had at least 10 points last night.

You guys sticking with him?

I don't particularly like the matchup @ Miami with Amendola out. Are they gonna be able to move the ball?

Guys like A. Henry vs Detroit and Pitt's K @ Tenn are both available and to me seem a bit better matchup wise this week.

What are you guys doing?

I don't particularly like the matchup @ Miami with Amendola out. Are they gonna be able to move the ball?

Guys like A. Henry vs Detroit and Pitt's K @ Tenn are both available and to me seem a bit better matchup wise this week.

What are you guys doing?

NEVER BENCH YOUR SCUDS!!!

What are you guys doing?

This guy will be nailing field goals from where most teams send out their punters. Enough said.

I'm just really worried about the Rams moving the ball against a good defense with out Amendola.

Seems like there's a split on Zuerlein.

CBS has him projected as a top option:

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/stats/weeklyprojections/K/6

FF today has him projected as among the worst kickers this week:

http://fftoday.com/rankings/playerwkproj.php?Season=2012&GameWeek=6&PosID=80&LeagueID=1

I am going to need all the points I can this week . I'm strongly considering Pitt's K but don't want to drop the Leg and watch him hit 3 50 yarders.

Someone make me feel better about sticking with the Leg until his bye week.

I'm rolling with Legatron. All the Rams have to do is cross midfield and they're near his range. They will have had a week to practice and prepare to be without Amendola. I think they can get into range at least a few times.

I am also concerned about whether the Rams offense will provide enough opportunities for "The Leg" at MIA. My alternative is Hanson at PHI. I am going with "The Leg" because of the higher upside, because I am a slight underdog in my matchup this week.

I too am worried about the Rams ability to move the ball but...they practically need to move across midfield to get in range for him, he will be hitting 55 yarders the rest of the season with ease. That being said, I am having a tough time deciding to stick with him or Hansen, as my league has limited FA pickups for the year, and Hansen has gone through his bye week already. Hansen also had 1 more point than Zuerlein before his bye, and has the better offense to boot. Gah the decisions! What's your guys outlook on him the rest of the season?

Seriously the kick record of 63 has annoyed me for years. It's so vulnerable and just begging to be shattered. I really want this guy to attempt 70.

would have to be a special situation, like end of the half or end of the game, cause if you miss a 70yarder, you give the other team the ball on your own 40.

I'm not cutting bait just yet. However, a few more weeks of lack of offense from the Rams, getting down big early where they are less likely to want to kick FGS etc and I may start looking to see FA kickers whose byes have passed to switch him out for someone else.

What are you guys doing?

Knew I should have made a move for Pitt's K. Really liked the matchup. Oh well....come on Leg.