Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Attention Geekettes

Yes, its that time again. There will be no poetry this year alas.

Ok, so here is what I was thinking to get my wife for Christmas. First, tell me what you think. Then, I would love suggestions as to where the fock to find one.

Ok, a little backstory. My wife was raised by her grandmother, and eventually, the roles flipped and my wife took care of her. She lived with us, and passed away about a year ago. My wife, obviously, was and is devastated.

So I was thinking of finding an antique locket. Putting a picture of her in it. Engraving something along the lines of "Always In My Heart" or something on the back.

Whatcha think? Am I way off course reminding her of a painful event on Christmas?

If you like the idea, any help where to find such a thing? I'm not much good with that sort of stuff.

I'm asking early this year to give myself time to find one, get an appropriate photo, have it engraved, and embezzle the money out of our account without her noticing.

Thanks in advance!

It always seems fake or phony for someone (you) to write an engravement like "Always in my heart" for someone else about someone else.

It's questionable as best.

I have to agree with CBFalcon here. It just sounds like you're trying too hard to find that meaningful gift to make her cry or something. Stop trying to be sensitive.

Keep it simple. Get her some gift cards to the restaurant. You can probably get a discount too.

Keep it simple. Get her some gift cards to the restaurant. You can probably get a discount too.

See, I've always found that the greater the effort required, the more credit one gets.

See, I've always found that the greater the effort required, the more credit one gets.

Then you should carve her a sculpture.

Then why don't you get in shape?

I think it's a really sweet idea. Not sure where to go about finding an antique locket, though. Maybe an estate sale? :unsure:

Semi-annual? You give her a Christmas present in June? :unsure:

Also, get her what any real man gets her wife...

... cleaning supplies.

Semi-annual? You give her a Christmas present in June? :unsure:

Also, get her what any real man gets her wife...

... cleaning supplies.

Or Power Tools?

Can size and can length required for proper answer.

Maybe you cant rent a man for her for the week? :dunno:

I agree but only because he started a drinking thread as "he" was "3beers into a sixer".

:facepalm:

Can't you wait until after Halloween and Thanksgiving? Fock, I never think about what I'm getting anybody for Christmas until December 24th.

Can't you wait until after Halloween and Thanksgiving? Fock, I never think about what I'm getting anybody for Christmas until December 24th.

This. And all you really need to give her is the Pimp Hand. HTH :bandana:

Normally, agree, but thus will beer time consuming, and paint require some saving of money.

If you hated her, because this is pretty creepy

kinda like this one

eta: pretty

The price parameter is between $150 and $300 so you'll maybe want to tweak that. Link to the selection

I've bought a couple things off of etsy, the biggest ticket purchase being a dress that was picked up at an estate sale, and I've yet to be disappointed. Definitely check out the seller's feedback. If they don't go into information about the origin of an item in the description, communicate with them. If their feedback is great and their communication is very open, you shouldn't get disappointed. And I second OM's thought about going to estate sales, there should be good ones in TN. Maybe check out antique fairs in the cities around you too.

Engraving wise, if there's a short saying her grandma would say (maybe her own saying, or something like a hymn verse) that you know she's fond of, or there's a good chance she is, that would be sweet to put on there.

you can also take a favorite photo of the 2 and have it laser engraved on a framed mirror or piece of stained glass. you can add any phrase or a letter one may written the other.

Get her name tattooed on your hallway Mary

If you hated her, because this is pretty creepy

kinda like this one

eta: pretty

The price parameter is between $150 and $300 so you'll maybe want to tweak that. Link to the selection

I've bought a couple things off of etsy, the biggest ticket purchase being a dress that was picked up at an estate sale, and I've yet to be disappointed. Definitely check out the seller's feedback. If they don't go into information about the origin of an item in the description, communicate with them. If their feedback is great and their communication is very open, you shouldn't get disappointed. And I second OM's thought about going to estate sales, there should be good ones in TN. Maybe check out antique fairs in the cities around you too.

Engraving wise, if there's a short saying her grandma would say (maybe her own saying, or something like a hymn verse) that you know she's fond of, or there's a good chance she is, that would be sweet to put on there.

Thanks for the help naomi! :thumbsup:

You didn't say but I'm thinking you probably had a heart shaped locket in mind. If you search 'heart locket' at $100+, lots of vintage lockets come up (some are claimed to be antique).

Classic style The seller added a disc charm that can be initialized.

You can also try searching through google's shopping tab.

You didn't say but I'm thinking you probably had a heart shaped locket in mind. If you search 'heart locket' at $100+, lots of vintage lockets come up (some are claimed to be antique).

Classic style The seller added a disc charm that can be initialized.

You can also try searching through google's shopping tab.

I kind of like the cameo ones. Old school, classic...