Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Top Steals of the draft so far

QB - RGIII/Luck Both Rookies and both in the top tier in QB scoring right now assuming that RGIII is okay.

RB - Morris / Ridley - both either were taken later on or not at all as with Morris and both are top 10

WR - Reggie Wayne - had past the 6th and is the #1 wr in football

TE - Gonzo and Heath Miller -- either you got Gonzo as like the 9/10th TE taken and he is the #1 TE right now or Miller on the WW and he is #3

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Trent Richardson, Jamaal Charles, and ADP (I know in a lot of drafts, a lot of those guys fell to the 4th round). All 3 will be top 10 picks next year barring injury.

WR - James Jones, Brian Hartline

TE - Owen Daniels

K - Greg Zuerlein

I got some although Charles and Harvin are 3rd and 4th/5th rounders performing like 1st rounders in most my leagues so I hope that still counts.

Jamaal Charles

Torrey Smith

Matt Ryan-although he got a bit price by the time the preseason ended he still is outperforming his 4th round spot

Percy Harvin-especially PPR but he is killing it in traditional format too. Wish I could remember the poster who was touting him in preseason, I want to say it was Matt Mueller??? but not sure. Whoever it was I owe a big thanks, Harvin has been a real difference maker on all my teams this year at the #2WR spot.

Dang sorry slow to post, Soju got my big one in Charles.

I like the list.. I think I took Ridley in the 9th & Luck in the 15th.

I think you've got to throw D. Thomas on this list as well. Took him in the 7th.

Bowe has been pretty nice for a big name at a good price. But he might tank with Quinn now, who knows.

QB's- Ryan, RG3 and Luck

RB's- Charles, Ridley, and AP mainly because of where they were drafted and how theyre performing after the expectations people had especially charles and AP.

WR- Wayne hands down, he was left for dead and for good reason going into this season but his production is insane, D. Thomas, later pick with stats of a top 5 wr, and V.Cruz, surprise, I think so I passed on him thinking no way he performs like he did last year and so far he may end up top 3 guy.

TE- Gonzo obviously, who saw this, not me. Daniels would be second and Rudolph if his pace keeps up.

Matt Ryan went at the end of the 2nd round in my league. Crazy

For me, my steal was TRich at 3.1 and RG3 at 6.1

Matt Ryan went at the end of the 2nd round in my league. Crazy

For me, my steal was TRich at 3.1 and RG3 at 6.1

I got T Rich end of the 4th and Matty Ice 5.1...yep I'm awesome and Ridley in the 8th AND Morris in the 11th. I poop gold.

I got T Rich end of the 4th and Matty Ice 5.1...yep I'm awesome and Ridley in the 8th AND Morris in the 11th. I poop gold.

Interesting... I took T Rich in the first (deep keeper looking 5 year horizon; he was injured at the time so it was a bit of a risk), Ryan in the 3rd (fellow owners said I reached), Ridley in about the 8th, and Morris in the 16th. Also Green and Harvin. My core starting lineup is a poster child for this thread. :music_guitarred:

QBs- RG3, Ryan (7th in one league and traded for D WILSON straight up!!!), P Manning, and Luck

WR- Wayne (9th Round), Thomas, Cruz

RB- Morris (late or undrafted), Charles, T Rich

TE- Gonzo, Daniels, Bennett

I got some although Charles and Harvin are 3rd and 4th/5th rounders performing like 1st rounders in most my leagues so I hope that still counts.

Jamaal Charles

Torrey Smith

Matt Ryan-although he got a bit price by the time the preseason ended he still is outperforming his 4th round spot

Percy Harvin-especially PPR but he is killing it in traditional format too. Wish I could remember the poster who was touting him in preseason, I want to say it was Matt Mueller??? but not sure. Whoever it was I owe a big thanks, Harvin has been a real difference maker on all my teams this year at the #2WR spot.

Dang sorry slow to post, Soju got my big one in Charles.

Do you mean this post:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=404540&st=0&p=4803100entry4803100

Yeah, I was pretty high on Harvin because he really started to turn it on in the 2nd half of last year. I own him in every significant league that I am in. He was my man crush.

The original post was prompted by a prop bet with some guys in my league. Basically, I bet that Harvin would have more total offensive yards than Julio by the end of the year. We did not bet on points because I was scared of the amount of points put up by Ryan and that offense.

Back to the original post though: Charles, RGIII, Wayne, Gonzo.

My starting RB's and flex are Charles, Trent, and Ridley. If only I'd chosen Miller instead of Pitta I'd have the all steal team.

Gonna brag about my 14 teamer. I hit on a few. Leading in points...

Qb: Ryan

Rb: Rice

RB: Mathews

Wr: Harvin

Wr: Torrey Smith

Te: O. Daniels

W/R: Alf Morris

W/T: Decker

Sounds like good luck to me....not awesome although props for taking advantage of your grandma's bingo game. Seriously? TRich end of 4th? He went 9th overall in my local and Matty went 2.12.

I actually drafted Morris in my $$$ league, for $1 in an auction draft. Then waived him before week 1. :wall:

I was really happy with my RBs though ... CJ Spiller, McGahee and Benson I got really cheap. They were looking awesome and a big part of why I am 4-1, but I have had to adjust. I'm starting Ballard in the flex this week. I'm also starting Spiller now/again this week. If he can return to form, he'll be the best $8 RB in my draft.

Seems like I got the bulk of the steals in my draft:

5th - Gore

6th - Bowe

8th - Wayne

9th - Gonzo

I've since traded away Gore and Bowe but got good value for them.

Garcon in the 10th would have been another amazing steal if he could have stayed healthy :/ Ah well.

Guys like AJ Green and Frank Gore went for about what guys like Victor Cruz went for in my auction. Just below Jordy Nelson, Julio Jones.

I got Miles Austin way cheaper than any of those guys.

Steals can be a pretty subjective term.

But I think someone who got:

Griffin

Trent Richardson

Ridley

Harvin

Green

Colston

Wayne

Davis

Zuerlein

They're feeling they got steals along the way.

Draft held end of June:

Ryan in the 6th

Wayne in the 10th!

Morris in the 22nd (and I dropped him right before he took over) :doh:

matthews in 3rd, t rich in 4th of 16 team league. i was tanking weeks 1 & 2 since neither was supposed to play & i drafted j stew as my 3rd and final.

5-0. this league is in trouble.

Steals? Hell, there's a virtual crime spree going on out there.

Nine of the current top 12 RBs in scoring are ranked above their ESPN ADP: Jamaal Charles, Stevan Ridley, Alfred Morris, Trent Richarson, CJ Spiller, Frank Gore, Reggie Bush, Willis McGahee and Michael Turner. Of these, Ridley, Morris, Richardson, Spiller, Bush, McGahee and Turner weren't in the ADP top 12. LeSean McCoy (ADP 3), Chris Johnson (4), MJD (5), Adrian Peterson (7), Matt Forte (8), DeMarco Murray (9) and Darren McFadden (10) are nowhere to be found among the top 12 RBs in scoring so far.

This means 75 percent of us "stole" our RB1s. Fifty percent committed grand larceny. And 58 percent of us have chalk outlines around our RB1 picks.