Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Murray likely has ligament damage

from Rotoworld:

Report: Murray likely has ligament damage

ESPN Dallas reports the Cowboys believe DeMarco Murray (foot) has suffered ligament damage, but avoided a Lisfranc injury.

Murray's X-rays came back negative, but he's undergoing an MRI on Monday. Ligament damage would likely mean a multi-week absence, but wouldn't be season-ending like Lisfranc issues almost always are. Nevertheless, it's not good news for a player who fractured his ankle last December and was extremely injury prone in college. Owners would do well to snatch up Felix Jones as they await final word on Murray's injury.

Source: ESPN Dallas

Oct 15 - 2:50 PM

I might have gotten really lucky when i picked up Felix Jones right before the games yesterday. :ninja:

from Rotoworld:

I might have gotten really lucky when i picked up Felix Jones right before the games yesterday. :ninja:

...he felt good enough to go back in but wasn't allowed by coaches

By definition isn't a sprained joint simply ligament damage in of itself?

Sprained ankle = ligament damage and same goes for foot?

Just guess not a doc

Isn't that the same with McFadden last year when he felt good enough to go back in but wasn't allowed -- causing people to think it was no big deal then BOOM he never comes back

Maybe just as well; I won't keep trotting him out there with the insane belief that something different will happen this time. :thumbsup:

Isn't that the same with McFadden last year when he felt good enough to go back in but wasn't allowed -- causing people to think it was no big deal then BOOM he never comes back

That is EXACTLY what happened to McFadden. In the early weeks, they claim it was NOT the 'dreaded' lisfranc injury. 1 week gone by...2 weeks..3....4...7....and no signs.

Well I watched him run a play looked completely fine and he did not ask to come out. Pain is the ultimate indicator and it must not have been too painful to not even limp

The dirty little secret on Murray is that he has been practically just as injury prone as Fragile Felix, going back to his college career.

So are you guys going to roll with Felix this week? Debating on picking him up off the WW for this week since two of my big RBs are on bye.

All you picking up Felix will look like fools, when the true power back, Phillip Tanner steals the show this week

While I'm somewhat inclined to agree with this, I gotta ask anyone who actually watched the game, why didn't Tanner produce with the touches he got?

No link but the huddle said mri confirmed strain but no list franc and said he could miss this week

What about Dunbar?

Anything to see there?

I remember hearing something about this guy on a fantasy radio show that basically talked about every fantasy player on every roster and they called him a super super sleeper. Small time College fpootball team. Put up big numbers. Scouts considered him under sized. Not sure if he is just another danny woodhead who they won't trust with enough carries because of his size. But I saw his one carry yesterday and it was impressive. But it's tough to judge a guy on one carry.

No link but the huddle said mri confirmed strain but no list franc and said he could miss this week

Murray has a history of getting dinged up but he was also known for being tough in college and playing through injuries. His time missed is a bit exaggerated. Pure speculation, but if it's just a strain I bet he tries to play.

All you picking up Felix will look like fools, when the true power back, Phillip Tanner steals the show this week

Haha beat me to it. I was wondering who they had third on the depth chart, since I think they had someone else as well as Tanner. If Murray is going to be out for awhile I will likely get Tanner.

Phillip Tanner runs very hard. Likely to get short yardage and goal line carries while Murray is out.

Last year when Murray went down how did felix perform and what makes anyone think he got better? Last I heard he barely got a roster spot in camp

For some reason Balt really sucks vs run

One of the best run-stopping OLBs in the league, Jarret Johnson is no longer around to set the edge (which is a big reason why KC and DAL both gashed the Ravens) plus Ray Lewis was not moving with near the swiftness he did even 2-3 years ago. This defense is going to get pounded with outside runs until BAL finds an answer.

As for Tanner, I wrote about him last season in the blog as a recommended pickup when I believe both Murray and Jones were hurt. Of course, Dallas blocked his way into fantasy stardom (LOL) when I think Felix returned the first time and signed Sammy Morris the second time.

What about Dunbar?

Anything to see there?

if murray goes down for more than 2 games, dunbar may be worth an add if you have a deep bench. the guy is an insane athlete and a great character guy. i suspect they'll want to limit felix, so there's a possibility for a regular 3rd down rotation.

and i'm not just saying that because he went to UNT, where i'm going to grad school. the DAL coaching staff really likes this kid.

Last year when Murray went down how did felix perform and what makes anyone think he got better? Last I heard he barely got a roster spot in camp

murray only got the start because jones went down. felix was playing pretty well at the time, given that he played 4 top defenses in 5 games. after murray went down, felix came back and averaged 5+ per carry, with 2 100+yd games out of 5.

so not fantastic, but serviceable.

murray only got the start because jones went down. felix was playing pretty well at the time, given that he played 4 top defenses in 5 games. after murray went down, felix came back and averaged 5+ per carry, with 2 100+yd games out of 5.

so not fantastic, but serviceable.

Maybe it was cause other 3 games were stinker?

I will try and get him but someone with worse record will grab him

Would anyone drop Murray for Moore? Moore is open in my league and I've been toying with this idea.

Denarius or Mewelde?

The dirty little secret on Murray is that he has been practically just as injury prone as Fragile Felix, going back to his college career.

The other side of that is Murray only missed 4 games in 4 years due to injury at OU.

Phillip Tanner runs very hard. Likely to get short yardage and goal line carries while Murray is out.

The cowboys don't run it at the goal line, that's why their RB's don't score TD's

I cant find info anywhere as to how long he will be out... Is this a 1 or 2 weeks injury or something that will linger all year?

By definition isn't a sprained joint simply ligament damage in of itself?

Sprained ankle = ligament damage and same goes for foot?

Just guess not a doc

ligament damage can also mean torn ligaments. :dunno:

I cant find info anywhere as to how long he will be out... Is this a 1 or 2 weeks injury or something that will linger all year?

He is saying he will be back in week 8 and while that is certainly no guarantee, it doesn't look like it is too serious.

ligament damage can also mean torn ligaments. :dunno:

Amputation involves ligaments too.

Gonna cut this footless rb

He is saying he will be back in week 8 and while that is certainly no guarantee, it doesn't look like it is too serious.

"Cowboys concerned DeMarco Murray foot injury could result in multi-game absence but player tells teammates he will play vs Giants next week."

-Ed Werder

Any more thoughts or news on this topic?

Nearly every FF league has an owner who spent a lot or took the claim on Jones.

I am thinking Tanner is the better bet after this week.... but that makes no difference if Murray comes back like he says.

"Ligament damage" does not sound like a 2 week injury to me, that sounds like season long damage to me. On the other hand Murray sounds none too worried.

Prognosis, doctors?

"Cowboys concerned DeMarco Murray foot injury could result in multi-game absence but player tells teammates he will play vs Giants next week."

-Ed Werder

Any more thoughts or news on this topic?

Nearly every FF league has an owner who spent a lot or took the claim on Jones.

I am thinking Tanner is the better bet after this week.... but that makes no difference if Murray comes back like he says.

"Ligament damage" does not sound like a 2 week injury to me, that sounds like season long damage to me. On the other hand Murray sounds none too worried.

Prognosis, doctors?

Anything is possible, but I'm not buying it. I had this injury last February and it was nasty. I couldn't walk right for weeks. The Doc told me it is quicker to recover from if you just break the bones. All the ligaments in the foot are what keep your balance. I'm sure they can shoot him up for the pain, but I'll be surprised if he is back in under 4 weeks. There is not much blood flow in the area and it takes a long time to heal. Same thing McFadden had last year....they kept thinking it would heal, but it takes a long time. I was told 12 weeks and I was probably only at 90% at that point.

Anything is possible, but I'm not buying it. I had this injury last February and it was nasty. I couldn't walk right for weeks. The Doc told me it is quicker to recover from if you just break the bones. All the ligaments in the foot are what keep your balance. I'm sure they can shoot him up for the pain, but I'll be surprised if he is back in under 4 weeks. There is not much blood flow in the area and it takes a long time to heal. Same thing McFadden had last year....they kept thinking it would heal, but it takes a long time. I was told 12 weeks and I was probably only at 90% at that point.

Wow you got some inside info on his exact damage and matched it up with yours.

You kick Morts ass and dr. Andrews too

Wow you got some inside info on his exact damage and matched it up with yours.

You kick Morts ass and dr. Andrews too

You know, I went back and forth about whether to post that because I figured it would probably elicit that type of response. Never claimed to know any more than doctor Andrews or mort, just tried to provide some information based on personal experience. But hey, you are obviously providing much more value to this thread then I, so I'll turn the rest of it over to you.

Yeah. Picking up Tanner.

Thanks.

You know, I went back and forth about whether to post that because I figured it would probably elicit that type of response. Never claimed to know any more than doctor Andrews or mort, just tried to provide some information based on personal experience. But hey, you are obviously providing much more value to this thread then I, so I'll turn the rest of it over to you.

:overhead:

You just burned that kid!

Pickup Dunbar or Tanner?

Tanner is definitely the back up and next in line behind Felix. To be honest, many of us here would like to see Dunbar get more touches - all he does is makes plays when in there.