Sign in to follow this  
montana

Jimmy G owners?

GTD. :cry:

What are your plans? Sucks that they play the late game as it will force us to make a decision by 1pm.

I currently have Cook but I may end up dropping him & picking up Grahams handcuff just to CMA.

There isn't jack on FA so this may be my only way of starting Graham....or are you rolling with your TE 2 regardless?

Own him in 3 leagues, here are my scenarios.

League 1: Not a TE mandatory league (WR/TE) so he's on the bench regardless with D. Thomas (DEN), R. Cobb & D. Moore starting.

League 2: Shallow bench & can't drop anyone to replace him (Fitzgerald, Rice, Spiller & JJ Watt). League favors IDP's & the most attractive FA's are Finley & Cook. I'll probably just hope he plays & if not hope the rest of my team picks up the slack.

League 3: I have Gresham on bye & someone else snagged Keller as my waiver pickup so I have to roll with Graham. Waivers only process on Thursday's which blows d#*k! Thankfully Harvin & M. Williams spotted me 40 points on TNF.

I hope he plays but if not, gets healthy & goes into beast mode next week since I think I can get by this week as is.

and I just acquired him in a trade, cause I wasted a draft pick on "Stick a fork in him cause he's Finley".

I think his backup scored, eh ?

how were his yards and targets ?

Maybe be a better option than a garbage TE.

Just starting him and won't even look. I have Aaron Hernandez behind him in one league, but he didn't even make the trip so he's an even worse shot. In my other Graham league I had Jared Cook but I realized that Cook's 3 points or so won't actually make a difference. So Graham has that spot on lockdown in that league.

Just starting him and won't even look. I have Aaron Hernandez behind him in one league, but he didn't even make the trip so he's an even worse shot. In my other Graham league I had Jared Cook but I realized that Cook's 3 points or so won't actually make a difference. So Graham has that spot on lockdown in that league.

That's why I'm not even gonna bother replacing him in one league. Cook & Finley have a better chance to put up 2 points rather than 15.

That's why I'm not even gonna bother replacing him in one league. Cook & Finley have a better chance to put up 2 points rather than 15.

Yep, everyone insists TE is so deep so you don't need one. But before last year, you pretty much expected 0-2 pts out of the spot most weeks, with the possible exception of Gates. If you got something out of the position it was always a bonus. Now with Graham/Gronk/Gonzo they're generally a +12 or so every week at the position, since everyone else is so inconsistent. While there is a chance the other TE does something, there is a greater chance they do nothing.

QB is the same idea. Sure it's deep, but if you are trotting out Brees every week you're getting 30 pts, while the next tier of QBs is putting up 15-20, giving you a nice +10-15 cushion each week. Get a top QB and a top TE, and now you're looking at +22-27 point advantages each week on average. You're going to win a healthy amount of fantasy games with that. It doesn't mean you will win every game, because it's still random, it just means you have a decent shot at winning half or more of your games provided you are average at least everywhere else.

With Graham out, that takes away your advantage but doesn't actually truly even hurt you. If your RB gets a goose egg or is injured you have to try and replace him, but you're trying to replace a 20 or 10 and you're choosing among 5s. That's going to cripple you. Going from the advantage at TE to just being even at TE though or a -3 isn't really a concern.

Yep, everyone insists TE is so deep so you don't need one. But before last year, you pretty much expected 0-2 pts out of the spot most weeks, with the possible exception of Gates. If you got something out of the position it was always a bonus. Now with Graham/Gronk/Gonzo they're generally a +12 or so every week at the position, since everyone else is so inconsistent. While there is a chance the other TE does something, there is a greater chance they do nothing.

QB is the same idea. Sure it's deep, but if you are trotting out Brees every week you're getting 30 pts, while the next tier of QBs is putting up 15-20, giving you a nice +10-15 cushion each week. Get a top QB and a top TE, and now you're looking at +22-27 point advantages each week on average. You're going to win a healthy amount of fantasy games with that. It doesn't mean you will win every game, because it's still random, it just means you have a decent shot at winning half or more of your games provided you are average at least everywhere else.

With Graham out, that takes away your advantage but doesn't actually truly even hurt you. If your RB gets a goose egg or is injured you have to try and replace him, but you're trying to replace a 20 or 10 and you're choosing among 5s. That's going to cripple you. Going from the advantage at TE to just being even at TE though or a -3 isn't really a concern.

Couldn't agree more. Considering how I'm personally sitting this week, I'd prefer they have him sit out one more week so he doesn't reaggravate his ankle. Saints are in a must-win situation & are gonna need all the firepower to keep pace with Peyton on SNF. Interesting to see how it all plays out tomorrow.

Couldn't agree more. Considering how I'm personally sitting this week, I'd prefer they have him sit out one more week so he doesn't reaggravate his ankle. Saints are in a must-win situation & are gonna need all the firepower to keep pace with Peyton on SNF. Interesting to see how it all plays out tomorrow.

As of now I am starting him in one league regardless b/c our WW system really sucks a fatty. If you don't add anyone by Thurs then you can't get any FA until the next week. It is a bad system but I also know it was my fault for not acting in time. It is pretty much what I get for trying to manage 5 teams while working as much as I do.

In Zealots my options are limited and I may start him just because I am in such a huge hole I need him to get a few lucky TD to even give me a chance of winning.

In the rest of my leagues I am probably going to bench him.

I picked up Tamme

Being his team playing on SNF, the options are low on replacements . I'm thinking either of his counterparts on the other side too -- Tamme or Dreessen . TE free agents are pretty slim in my league, which has a R/W/TE flex . The other possibles, if I pick up today are : Brandon Myers, Coby Fleener, Jared Cook, Anthony Fasano, Logan Paulsen are probably the best candidates .

As of now I am starting him in one league regardless b/c our WW system really sucks a fatty. If you don't add anyone by Thurs then you can't get any FA until the next week. It is a bad system but I also know it was my fault for not acting in time. It is pretty much what I get for trying to manage 5 teams while working as much as I do.

In Zealots my options are limited and I may start him just because I am in such a huge hole I need him to get a few lucky TD to even give me a chance of winning.

In the rest of my leagues I am probably going to bench him.

Same deal with me. I only placed a waiver claim on Keller & he got snatched up. Should've put in a claim for Brandon Myers but screwed the pooch on that one so now I'm at the mercy of Graham being a GTD.

I'm rolling with Martellus instead. The news does not sound good on Graham. Even if he does play (very unlikely, IMO), he probably won't be too effective.

if the TE cupboard is bare I'd take a chance on Dreesson. Tamme has been ceding targets to him, especially in the redzone. He seems to have Manning's trust. I'm rolling with him this week, and possibly next week (between him and Olsen) until Hernandez is ready to play again.

The late game makes it hard. But, I had D Martin score HUGE so I might be able to roll the dice. My other option is Pettigrew. I may go that route. Undecided at this point.

Same deal with me. I only placed a waiver claim on Keller & he got snatched up. Should've put in a claim for Brandon Myers but screwed the pooch on that one so now I'm at the mercy of Graham being a GTD.

Well heres to a slim chance he gives us something this week :cheers:

I picked up Tamme

I dropped Rudolph and left an open TE spot to wait as long as I could to pick up a TE. I picked up Tamme. SHOOTOUT scraps!

I'm hoping he plays so I picked up his backup (dude scored last week) and we will see how it goes...

jdon

I'm hoping he plays so I picked up his backup (dude scored last week) and we will see how it goes...

jdon

I think this is the move, if you have $3 (in our case and roster space), Finley might be better than his backup (assuming 3yards), but if I gamble with Graham Sunday Night, his backup is the only option if he's in street clothes.

I'm doing the same....dude has some seriously low yardage.

Picked up Myers and will probably start him to avoid the possibility of Graham not playing. (Of course this probably means Graham will play and will have his best day of the year.)

He is a pvssy. I hope someone cleats him in the scrotum.

He's burned me too many times this season.

Gronk > Graham

My other option was Cook who scored 6 points. So if Jimmy G can at least match that I won't feel too bad.

Hopefully he'll get 5-60-1.

Opponent has Brees. :(

In one league I'm starting him (I've already won) and in another I'm sitting him

He looks like he's running pretty well on that ankle, so hopefully the added rest last week helped his recovery.

Those who kept the faith. you were rewarded ! :pointstosky:

Garbage time score is as good as any .

In the league i was forced to start him i would have probably lost had i added some ww bum to get me 3 points (tamme).