Sign in to follow this  
bc91

Someone shoot me in the HEAD

Thanks for nothin AROD...... needed you to come up big for me tonight ...my #1 pick...you have sucked ass bacially all season but I was able to sneak into the playoffs and had a chance to win.....thanks for nothing!!!

I'll go back to my RB-RB strategy next year thank you very much!!!!!!!

You should have drafted the Seattle defense to go with him. I'll more than likely be moving on despite Rodgers, although I'm anticipating some second half points coming our way!

I'm feeling your pain, but Rodgers is coming outta hibernation in this half...try to be patient! (that said, I drafted him #1 in my league this year and will also be angling for a RB in 2013.)

What a focking stiff Rodgers has been. Guys just flat out sucks this year!!!

He has had a couple of big games to make his year stats look good but I would have been better off picking guys up on the ww week to week. I can't believe how bad he has been this year...

Not sure if it's all him sucking or Fat McCarthy with his garbage play calling....

Worst pick I have ever made in the first round. Experimented this year as I don't like taking a QB in the first round and after watching this piece of garbage suck all year won't be looking to do it any time soon again

What a focking stiff Rodgers has been. Guys just flat out sucks this year!!!

He has had a couple of big games to make his year stats look good but I would have been better off picking guys up on the ww week to week. I can't believe how bad he has been this year...

Not sure if it's all him sucking or Fat McCarthy with his garbage play calling....

Worst pick I have ever made in the first round. Experimented this year as I don't like taking a QB in the first round and after watching this piece of garbage suck all year won't be looking to do it any time soon again

EXACTLY....went away from my tried and true strategy of RB-RB for the first time and look what it gets me....bounched in the first rd....the other loser is the guy that picked Brees in first also....I will never do it again....Ill take RB-RB and live with guys like Eli, Big Ben, ###### I'll take Dalton and Palmer over these over hyped POS!!!!!!

Ok well that is easy to say if you picked in the top 2. If you took McCoy, McFadden, Charles, Mathews, Johnson, Murray you didn't exactly have a weekly star on your hands.

All of my teams ended up OK. None of my teams ended up great. I do blame myself a bit for pushing the strategy on here but there are a lot of RB you could have taken that would have left your team scrambling also.

If you are like me at all you had almost all late picks. I had one pick at 4th overall in which the best RB I could have drafted early as McCoy. Besides that the RB that I could have taken was Peterson, but no one saw what he did this season coming. So at least I had some decent talent at QB and TE instead of one of the disappointing RB I mentioned.

Aaron Rodgers hit my bench 2 weeks ago, and I'm not looking back. Only way he ever plays again for me is if Peyton Manning gets injured. Rodgers has been one of the biggest disappointments this year and I'm sure many of his owners lost their playoff game today because of him.

Aaron Rodgers hit my bench 2 weeks ago, and I'm not looking back. Only way he ever plays again for me is if Peyton Manning gets injured. Rodgers has been one of the biggest disappointments this year and I'm sure many of his owners lost their playoff game today because of him.

At least they got in. Us disgruntled Brees owners can't relate.

Stuck with my strategy of RB-RB and I'm loving it. The only thing I hate is deciding between Kaepernick and Palmer every week.

It would be nice to have a stud I can just plug in and leave in for the year.

Ok well that is easy to say if you picked in the top 2. If you took McCoy, McFadden, Charles, Mathews, Johnson, Murray you didn't exactly have a weekly star on your hands.

All of my teams ended up OK. None of my teams ended up great. I do blame myself a bit for pushing the strategy on here but there are a lot of RB you could have taken that would have left your team scrambling also.

If you are like me at all you had almost all late picks. I had one pick at 4th overall in which the best RB I could have drafted early as McCoy. Besides that the RB that I could have taken was Peterson, but no one saw what he did this season coming. So at least I had some decent talent at QB and TE instead of one of the disappointing RB I mentioned.

These people are just making excuses for their failures. I made 4/5 playoffs going QB/TE or WR/TE and just barely missed on the 5th league. I have top or top 3 points in every league (2 10 teamers, 3 12 teamers). I'll probably go RB/TE next year, but it won't be because the strategy failed me this year, it will be because I know enough morons will refuse to touch a QB early on that I can go back to drafting Brees or Rodgers in the 3rd or 4th rounds and still having an edge at the other positions. It's tough to win in fantasy without a top 5 QB.

You still need a lot of luck for this to work out, regardless of the first round selection. Even though Brees failed me, I'd still pick him in the first round given the opportunity over any WR (maybe not Megatron) and most RB's (depending upon draft position). I was rolling before Gronk broke his arm, Harvin lost a foot, and Amendola lost an arm then a foot (tragic).

Scored 2nd most in points in regular season. Have steam rolled my opponents the last several weeks with Josh Freeman at qb.

Scored 2nd most in points in regular season. Have steam rolled my opponents the last several weeks with Josh Freeman at qb.

Which is why Freeman will be starting for me this week

Which is why Freeman will be starting for me this week

He's not going to light it up for 385 and 4 tds - but he's very serviable and can get you by. Bcoz I took a qb in the middle rounds I was able to get Megatron, AP, Roddy White, and a few others to do all the dirty work.

These people are just making excuses for their failures. I made 4/5 playoffs going QB/TE or WR/TE and just barely missed on the 5th league. I have top or top 3 points in every league (2 10 teamers, 3 12 teamers). I'll probably go RB/TE next year, but it won't be because the strategy failed me this year, it will be because I know enough morons will refuse to touch a QB early on that I can go back to drafting Brees or Rodgers in the 3rd or 4th rounds and still having an edge at the other positions. It's tough to win in fantasy without a top 5 QB.

Ok, I'll bite... Let's see team that drafted Rodgers is the highest scoring team in the league. I have a very strong team that can cover his poor play week after week..

what I can't control is how lucky every other team has been against me putting up ridiculous points.

I also have most points against in that league and finished 5-8

If Rodgers was not a stiff I would not have 5 wins and have scored even more points...

In league I traded for him (huge mistake) there are 5 teams all bunched within 40 points at the top of scoring.. I was cruising along until I lost 2 starting RB and Harvin...

If this stiff played like he should have I would have been ok. Instead I finished with 9 wins and bounced in the first round because Rodgers s u c k s!!!

I drafted Cutler with my 2nd pick and already dropped him and im in the playoffs, go figure.

#1 was FOSTER

Ok, I'll bite... Let's see team that drafted Rodgers is the highest scoring team in the league. I have a very strong team that can cover his poor play week after week..

what I can't control is how lucky every other team has been against me putting up ridiculous points.

I also have most points against in that league and finished 5-8

If Rodgers was not a stiff I would not have 5 wins and have scored even more points...

In league I traded for him (huge mistake) there are 5 teams all bunched within 40 points at the top of scoring.. I was cruising along until I lost 2 starting RB and Harvin...

If this stiff played like he should have I would have been ok. Instead I finished with 9 wins and bounced in the first round because Rodgers s u c k s!!!

I don't have Rodgers, I have Brees. I picked late in every league. Highest I got was 5th and I took Megatron in that one, and will miss the playoffs (Dalton as my QB). I also have a Megatron and Peyton combo that should be in after final score tally this week.

Close this thread before Costas gets a hold of it .

Guns don't kill people...Aaron Rodgers kills people?! :dunno:

Couldn't be happier with my first 2 picks in a 12 team redraft - Calvin Johnson and Marshawn Lynch. I threw out all of the risky RB guys and tried to build around 2 rocks. I'll continue with this strategy...

So, can we all agree that last year's QB numbers are an anomaly?

We are now back to the regular scheduled programs.

No, we're really not. There still aren't many (any) bell-cow RB's anymore. But Matthew Berry's year of the QB/TE is pretty much dead.

Why would you draft Cutler with your second pick? :unsure:

Omg, no way anyone did this. Cutler, 2nd pick? :lol:

Omg, no way anyone did this. Cutler, 2nd pick? :lol:

One of those "Da Bears" type homers, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Scored 1st in points for the year with Rothy and Fitzpatrick. Added Kapernick a few weeks ago. The Brees, Rodgers, and Brady owners didn't make the playoffs in our league this year. All were taken in the first round.

Seems like a lot of hate is being misdirected to me. Across my three league there are more "took QB early" teams left than those who didn't.

QB of teams left, in order of seeding:

L1: Rodgers, Brees, Newton, Kaepernick

L2: Brees, Brady, Stafford, Ryan

L3: Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, Griffin III

Roster management during the season is as often important as what you do on draft day.

Mine are L1 Rodgers, L2 Ryan, L3 Brees (have been quite lucky this season, but with the way it generally goes for me, I'm sure the wheels will fall off this week)

3/3 to make the playoffs where I took a QB in the 1st round (Brees). 1/2 without the QB (got Peyton in one, who is pretty much taking a QB early most years similar to taking AP--it's a luck pick that worked out). So the only league I didn't make the playoffs is the only league I don't have a top 5 QB at the helm.

One of those "Da Bears" type homers, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

The thing about guys like that guy who says he took Cutler 2nd rnd is they need to be sat down and taught some fantasy math. Even if Cutler was the playing mvp ball this season it would still be a terrible pick in the 2nd rnd. "What! Id die for an MVP in rnd 2! Your a high Noob!" Hush now child, let me teach...Sure your pick worked out but he could have been had at least 2 rnds later, and for absolute sure a whole round later even in chicago. That leaves your 2nd rnd wasted since you could have had a 2nd round rb/wr AND your MVP cutler later. It just puts way more pressure on your 3rd-6th picks to be studs to compensate.

In my ESPN standard league, top 10 QBs:

Brady, RG3, Newton, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Ryan, Stafford, Luck, Romo.

Two rookies weren't going to go high; if you took them as your QB1 you took a big risk. Peyton was a big risk too. Otherwise that list has more or less the top QBs going into the draft (maybe Eli over Romo).

Top 10 RBs:

AP, Foster, Martin, Lynch, Rice, TRich, Ridley, Charles, Gore, Morris

Foster and Rice were the only sure first rounders on the list. McCoy, CJ2K, McFadden were typically first rounders. AP and Charles were hurt and dropped, TRich was hurt and a rookie, Martin was 3rd or 4th round, Lynch 2nd or 3rd, Ridley was late, Morris was late/waiver.

I don't see any "sure thing" taking RB vs. QB early. :dunno:

In my ESPN standard league, top 10 QBs:

Brady, RG3, Newton, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Ryan, Stafford, Luck, Romo.

Two rookies weren't going to go high; if you took them as your QB1 you took a big risk. Peyton was a big risk too. Otherwise that list has more or less the top QBs going into the draft (maybe Eli over Romo).

Top 10 RBs:

AP, Foster, Martin, Lynch, Rice, TRich, Ridley, Charles, Gore, Morris

Foster and Rice were the only sure first rounders on the list. McCoy, CJ2K, McFadden were typically first rounders. AP and Charles were hurt and dropped, TRich was hurt and a rookie, Martin was 3rd or 4th round, Lynch 2nd or 3rd, Ridley was late, Morris was late/waiver.

I don't see any "sure thing" taking RB vs. QB early. :dunno:

good post, I will like to point out that the top 10 WR's drafted in my league (PPR)

Calvin, Welker, AJ Green, Marshall, White, Cruz, Julio, Andre, Bryant, Percy have all produced top 15 WR nos

while guys like Demaryius and Decker were expected to move up, really the only top 15 shocker to me so far is Cobb and to an extent Wayne

I will be going WR/WR next year