Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

What is the best drug you have ever taken?

BOSTON (CBS) – Boston police are looking into three apparent drug overdoses at the House of Blues early Wednesday morning in which one person died.

Officers were called to the club on Lansdowne Street at 12:45 a.m. just as two women and a man were sent to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

“The victims appeared to be suffering from an overdose from an unknown substance,” police said in a statement.

Sources tell WBZ-TV that investigators are now looking at the club drug “Molly.”

Related: Molly Showing Up In Small Towns

One of the women, Brittany Flannigan, died a short time later.

It was 19-year-old Flannigan’s first concert, according to her sister.Flannigan’s friend Adam Cole says he was shocked when he heard about her death from other people who had been at the show.

“She was good, her parents were good people,” Cole said.

The other two people are in serious condition. Police said the three people did not know each other.

Earlier in the evening, the German DJ Zedd performed at the club.

Jay Anderson, a spokesman for the House of Blues, released this statement Wednesday afternoon:

“As always, the safety of our guests is our top priority. Last evening, there were guests at our venue in need of medical treatment during the performance. They were assisted by Boston EMS as well as on-site emergency medical personnel and then transported to local medical facilities.

One individual has unfortunately passed away and our thoughts go out to their family and friends for their loss. This matter is under investigation and we are continuing to working with local officials.

I do not have any more information at this time and will be sure to copy you on any updates on our end today.”

Concert promoter Live Nation said a scheduled Wednesday night concert featuring Zedd at House of Blues had been canceled.

No one has been charged.

molly is around bigtime right now.

people take some and don't feel strong enough effects quick enough, so they take more/

dummies

• Like 1

people take some and don't feel strong enough effects quick enough, so they take more/

Whats wrong with that? :wave:

Whats wrong with that? :wave:

if you've melted your brain from doing it the better part of your life, not a thing.

if youre 18 and at a club and haven't done it before. a lot

Never taken drugs.

just cacks?

BOSTON (CBS) – Boston police are looking into three apparent drug overdoses at the House of Blues early Wednesday morning in which one person died.

Officers were called to the club on Lansdowne Street at 12:45 a.m. just as two women and a man were sent to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

“The victims appeared to be suffering from an overdose from an unknown substance,” police said in a statement.

Sources tell WBZ-TV that investigators are now looking at the club drug “Molly.”

It was 19-year-old Flannigan’s first concert, according to her sister.Flannigan’s friend Adam Cole says he was shocked when he heard about her death from other people who had been at the show.

The other two people are in serious condition. Police said the three people did not know each other.

Jay Anderson, a spokesman for the House of Blues, released this statement Wednesday afternoon:

“As always, the safety of our guests is our top priority. Last evening, there were guests at our venue in need of medical treatment during the performance. They were assisted by Boston EMS as well as on-site emergency medical personnel and then transported to local medical facilities.

One individual has unfortunately passed away and our thoughts go out to their family and friends for their loss. This matter is under investigation and we are continuing to working with local officials.

I do not have any more information at this time and will be sure to copy you on any updates on our end today.”

Concert promoter Live Nation said a scheduled Wednesday night concert featuring Zedd at House of Blues had been canceled.

No one has been charged.

I've treated people who overdosed on ecstasy, and would expect this is easier with a more potent form of the drug. Although I think it's relatively safe, people tend to mix it with other drugs and alcohol. Or the drug itself is adulterated with meth, bath salts, etc. Not so safe. The good news is, it's fun while it lasts, and most sexually transmitted infections are treatable.

I've treated people who overdosed on ecstasy, and would expect this is easier with a more potent form of the drug. Although I think it's relatively safe, people tend to mix it with other drugs and alcohol. Or the drug itself is adulterated with meth, bath salts, etc. Not so safe. The good news is, it's fun while it lasts, and most sexually transmitted infections are treatable.

:doublethumbsup: I'm not of an age or lifestyle that would include any recreational drugs anymore, but ecstasy always conjured images of guys in skinny jeans, glitter shirts and waving those stupid light sticks.

:doublethumbsup: I'm not of an age or lifestyle that would include any recreational drugs anymore, but ecstasy always conjured images of guys in skinny jeans, glitter shirts and waving those stupid light sticks.

No need to bring Mobb Deep into this :nono:

BOSTON (CBS) —- The House of Blues reopened Thursday, two days after three people are suspected of overdosing on a drug called “Molly.”

During a Tuesday show by electronica superstar Zedd, police say Brittany Flannigan and two others apparently overdosed. Flannigan later died.

The 19-year-old from Derry, New Hampshire was a Plymouth State student.

Her sister tells WBZ-TV, Flannigan was at her first concert.

But while Molly may be new and scary to parents, we found it’s already well-known to the students in this city.

Lt. Detective Robert Merner says the drug is popular among college students.

“It’s very popular in college bars, it’s very popular in the techno crowd, but it’s also popular in pop culture as well as rappers and things like that,” he says.

But with the 18-to-24 crowd, the head of the Boston Police Drug Unit calls Molly the millennial generation’s ecstasy and is now moving out of the clubs and into the mainstream.

Molly can be taken in pill form, snorted or mixed with drinks.

It’s fairly inexpensive and a lot of users wrongly think it’s not dangerous.

“People have to be aware that this is extremely dangerous, and when we’re talking about the age of the users, we’re not talking about people who have a lot of experience with drugs,” Merner said.

Seizures of Molly are up in the city and BPD plans to be more proactive, working with clubs and promoters, and educating young people.

“As a couple of the young officers said to me, I think you will see more of it rather than less of it in the future,” Merner said.

Thursday afternoon, police say they busted a person dealing Molly on the Boston Common.

Next week the city is holding a hearing with the House of Blues to address the overdoses.

The club has several past violations and in 2010, its liquor license was suspended for four days.

if you've melted your brain from doing it the better part of your life, not a thing.

if youre 18 and at a club and haven't done it before. a lot

That and mixing with other stuff, or just get wasted then popping 3 or 4 hits. I was really dumb the second time I took it, doing 2 hits while drunk. However, I immediately stopped drinking and started gulping water. It is a relatively safe drug, but it is still something you can't fock around with. The biggest thing is to keep hydrated. The couple of times I have dabbled, I have always have a couple of liter water bottles on me.

That is why most electro/dub concerts have guards that give out/spray people with water. I'm curious to how much they took to "OD" on it. Like you said, they probably took a couple, then after not feeling anything for like 15 minutes, took more and more. It's usually pretty common knowledge that if you ingest something in pill/powder form, it takes a good hour to hit you. Before I took that or acid, I researched the fock out of it. It blows my mind how people will just take whatever without knowing anything about it.

BTW, if I can get it off on short notice, I am going to see Zedd in a couple weeks :thumbsup: . He's is legit, and I hear his live shows are unreal.

I'm old. I don't get following a DJ. His "shows" - what does that mean ?? He is playing other people's music ... No ?

I'm old. I don't get following a DJ. His "shows" - what does that mean ?? He is playing other people's music ... No ?

I use to think this, but most good DJs make up music on the spot, and mix their own music on the spot. Bassnectar was crazy, crazy good because he did not play one of his songs off the album, he completely controlled the stage.

Either way, it is much more about the atmosphere it creates. I am a metal head for the most part, and at Orion I found myself in front of the dub/electro stage and not wanting to leave.

Zedd creates his own music for the most part, and produces music for other artists. Same with Calvin Harris.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/01/us/new-york-music-festival-canceled/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

New York (CNN) -- The third and final day of New York City's Electric Zoo music festival was canceled Sunday after two concert-goers died and at least four others were hospitalized due to drug-related causes, according to Sgt. Lee Jones of the New York Police Department.

The cause of death for the two Electric Zoo attendees -- a 23-year-old male and a 20-year-old female -- is believed to involve the drug MDMA, either in Ecstasy pills or in its "pure" powder or crystal form, known as molly. Four others remain hospitalized and critically ill, with the causes still under investigation, Jones said.

My favorite was Weed and opium mixed. Great times, but I stopped 10 years ago when I smoked weed that was unknowingly laced with PCP. Lets just say I didn't have a good time! Never done anything other than that.

Interesting: http://news.yahoo.com/drug-drops-americas-youth-rises-over-50-crowd-202408530--abc-news-topstories.html

Drug use among America's youth is dropping, but it's booming among people over 50, a U.S. government survey released Wednesday shows.

Last year, the rate of illicit drug use among children and teenagers 12 to 17 years old dropped to 9.5 percent, down from 11.6 percent a decade earlier, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) latest national survey.

Meanwhile, illicit drug use among adults 50 to 64 years old has increased in the past decade.

Specifically, illicit drug use among adults 50 to 54 has more than doubled since 2002, reaching 7.2 percent last year. For people 55 to 59, such drug use has more than tripled, reaching 6.6 percent last year.

Marijuana is by far the most-used illicit drug among both children and adults, according to SAMHSA, a division of the Department of Health and Human Services.

At a press conference Wednesday in Washington, officials expressed particular concern about use by those 12 to 17 years old.

"There's no question that marijuana is harmful to the developing brains of adolescents," said SAMHSA administrator Pamela Hyde, adding that marijuana use has been linked to "significant I.Q. declines."

As for young adults – those 18 to 25 years old – rates of illicit drug use have remained somewhat steady over recent years, with a slight increase in marijuana use, according to the survey.

Illicit drug use among children had remained steady at 10.1 percent from 2009 to 2011, which was a slight increase from years before.

Overall, though, use for that age group has dropped in the past decade.

The data was released at the start of September to help kick off National Recovery Month, a government-sponsored promotion of preventing and treating substance abuse and mental health disorders.

No one has been charged.

Zedd is THAT good though. Seriously might have been the best concert I've ever been to.

In china we have drug called 深咽喉精液飲酒. It Voltaire's favorite. He smoke drug then take all clothes off and dance and sing "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME AND MY TINY ACORN! ACORN OF LOVE! I LOVE ACORNS!" I leave hut and find real man. Come home, he sleeping on floor.

In china we have drug called 深咽喉精液飲酒. It Voltaire's favorite. He smoke drug then take all clothes off and dance and sing "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME AND MY TINY ACORN! ACORN OF LOVE! I LOVE ACORNS!" I leave hut and find real man. Come home, he sleeping on floor.

WTF? :shocking:

:lock: :clap: :banana:

A-Bomberooski's

Test E.

Greatest Alia's ever. Too bad we only get to see it on limited occasions now :(