Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

What is the best drug you have ever taken?

Really funny how different people crave different "highs". Granted the effects of morphine are not the same when not acutely in pain, but I can't relate to the appeal of abusing it - what's the fun in being sedated?

I wanna be sedated.

i don't think it is that "funny"

Why not? You don't find it interesting that we're built from the same stuff, yet our brains are wired so differently?

Why doesn't everybody who takes morphine feel like cbfalcon or TBBOM? It has the same pain-relieving properties, why not the same calming/euphoric experience TBBOM describes?

Really funny how different people crave different "highs". Granted the effects of morphine are not the same when not acutely in pain, but I can't relate to the appeal of abusing it - what's the fun in being sedated?

Never understood it either... The people I really don't get though, are the ones who like heroin. How much fun can something be that knocks you on your ass like that? :dunno:

Never understood it either... The people I really don't get though, are the ones who like heroin. How much fun can something be that knocks you on your ass like that? :dunno:

See, I've never understood stimulants.I was offered to try coke numerous times, just never appealed to me. I figured I'd be the guy who tried to fly or fight a cop.

Maybe it's just our personality. I tend to be a highly wound, anxious person, so when I get messed up, I wanna go down, not up. Maybe a more laid back chill person wants the opposite.

Morphine. I was in the hospital, about to go into surgery. They said, here's some morphine, pushed the plunger, and...

Whooa. .

Me too HOWEVER I discovered I was allergic to it. I'd push the plunger and be all aaaahhhh. Then do it again and again as time passed.

Then I complained to the nurse I was itchy as hell. I mean like whole body tingling itchy.

They took away my morphine. :mad:

See, I've never understood stimulants.I was offered to try coke numerous times, just never appealed to me. I figured I'd be the guy who tried to fly or fight a cop.

Maybe it's just our personality. I tend to be a highly wound, anxious person, so when I get messed up, I wanna go down, not up. Maybe a more laid back chill person wants the opposite.

I think you're right, but there's more to it than that. Not everyone's experience with a given drug is identical - I didn't feel a warm, comforting sensation when I had morphine; it just eased my pain. Many people don't experience euphoria from opiates at all.

I think you're right, but there's more to it than that. Not everyone's experience with a given drug is identical - I didn't feel a warm, comforting sensation when I had morphine; it just eased my pain. Many people don't experience euphoria from opiates at all.

See, I wasn't in pain when I had it. I was being prepped for a minor surgery. I kept asking what each thing they injected into my iv was. I think eventually, they got sick of my questions, and gave me morphine to shut me up.

Not me. Morphine was the stuff. Next time I was in the hospital they gave me dilaudid, later they asked if I needed any more dilauded, I said, "got any morphine", they said "no" and I passed on the dilaudid. The high was too "chemically". Morphine just felt so clean and clear. Best ever.

See, I wasn't in pain when I had it. I was being prepped for a minor surgery. I kept asking what each thing they injected into my iv was. I think eventually, they got sick of my questions, and gave me morphine to shut me up.

Not being in pain is important, but even among pain-free users the neurobiology is different. From an population standpoint, I can't imagine why these differences evolved.

Not me. Morphine was the stuff. Next time I was in the hospital they gave me dilaudid, later they asked if I needed any more dilauded, I said, "got any morphine", they said "no" and I passed on the dilaudid. The high was too "chemically". Morphine just felt so clean and clear. Best ever.

Which underscores what I'm saying as Dilaudid has a reputation of being more addictive/euphoric.

Which underscores what I'm saying as Dilaudid has a reputation of being more addictive/euphoric.

I had not heard that. But, as drug companies do their best to create dependency, it makes sense that they would ramp up dilaudid. I think addicts love that chemical burn that made oxycontin so powerful. I see nothing euphoric in feeling like you have been hit with a sledgehammer.

There is the rub....

Opiates in general when you hit that sweet spot....Warm, euphoric, peaceful, confident, totally satisfied with every aspect of life. The feeling is one of, if you could capture this moment and feel this way forever, you'd sign on in a heartbeat. As in that state, you can still be productive and get anything you want done. You'll just be happier doing it.

Obviously, once the euphoria fades, you just become relaxed, comfortable, etc. And the sedated feeling can take hold. But everyone is different.

Maybe part of it is a willingness to give up control, which I don't have, so I have never gotten the high that others describe. I took the full day's worth of oxy when I had my foot surgery, can't say I felt a high... woke up in the middle of the night with a weird dream, felt wired and had a hard time getting back to sleep. The next day I took 1/2 a pill in the morning and didn't take any more.

In college I tried shrooms a few times and pot a few times; maybe it wasn't "good" stuff but I was kinda meh each time, although I have a memory of fighting to keep reality when I had shrooms once.

My wife knows I'm drunk at a party if I'm quiet. I don't get wild, I go into self-control mode. Which is why I don't get really drunk any more.

Opiates are terrible, at least for me. dozing off and bring toast is not my idea of a fun time

even if I drink, which I do often, I have a 4 hour window max, before I need to sleep.

Yeah... I'm a much more laid back kinda person. I'm also naturally happy...

even if I drink, which I do often, I have a 4 hour window max, before I need to sleep.

Opposite of me. More I drink the more I want to drink. That's how I end up on benders.

Opposite of me. More I drink the more I want to drink. That's how I end up on benders.

:doh:

what a curse that must be

Yeah... I'm a much more laid back kinda person. I'm also naturally happy...

I'm much more comfortable than I was in my young, drug days. Back then I cared what people thought. Now I don't. I still have a lot of anxiety and whatnot. The only stimulant irce ever tried was yellow jackets with ephedrine, and I thought I was gonna die, so I always passed on coke. plus, if I like something, I like it a lot, so I've stayed away from addictive stuff.

Only depressant I ever liked were Quaaludes back in the day. A lude and a 6 pack were what I used to get down from my drug of choice, cocaine.

Basketball. 70's and 80's. More prevalent than Nike is today.

To this day, despite having long ago sworn off such substances (some by choice, others necessity), I'd still be tempted.

Me too HOWEVER I discovered I was allergic to it. I'd push the plunger and be all aaaahhhh. Then do it again and again as time passed.

Then I complained to the nurse I was itchy as hell. I mean like whole body tingling itchy.

They took away my morphine. :mad:

Itching is common with morphine, and it doesn't necessarily represent a true allergy unless accompanied by a rash/swellling/difficulty breathing. If none of those things occur, you can premedicate with Benadryl to prevent the itch.

Itching is common with morphine, and it doesn't necessarily represent a true allergy unless accompanied by a rash/swellling/difficulty breathing. If none of those things occur, you can premedicate with Benadryl to prevent the itch.

this was about 14 years ago so I cannot tell if there was rash or anything else.

All I remember is the AHHH and then the ITCH :mad:

I had not heard that. But, as drug companies do their best to create dependency, it makes sense that they would ramp up dilaudid. I think addicts love that chemical burn that made oxycontin so powerful. I see nothing euphoric in feeling like you have been hit with a sledgehammer.

Drug companies are a lot of things, but I don't think they are interested in creating narcotic addicts. There are plenty of other meds which people take lifelong that they can produce for profit.

There is the rub....

Opiates in general when you hit that sweet spot....Warm, euphoric, peaceful, confident, totally satisfied with every aspect of life. The feeling is one of, if you could capture this moment and feel this way forever, you'd sign on in a heartbeat. As in that state, you can still be productive and get anything you want done. You'll just be happier doing it.

Obviously, once the euphoria fades, you just become relaxed, comfortable, etc. And the sedated feeling can take hold. But everyone is different.

Maybe this is true, but I don't think a sweet spot exists for everyone. Just as drugs have different addictive potential, we all have difference in our ability to become addicts. I bet some of that potential is based on the "quality" of the individual's high.

Maybe part of it is a willingness to give up control, which I don't have, so I have never gotten the high that others describe. I took the full day's worth of oxy when I had my foot surgery, can't say I felt a high... woke up in the middle of the night with a weird dream, felt wired and had a hard time getting back to sleep. The next day I took 1/2 a pill in the morning and didn't take any more.

In college I tried shrooms a few times and pot a few times; maybe it wasn't "good" stuff but I was kinda meh each time, although I have a memory of fighting to keep reality when I had shrooms once.

My wife knows I'm drunk at a party if I'm quiet. I don't get wild, I go into self-control mode. Which is why I don't get really drunk any more.

But didn't you want to get high when you experimented with drugs? What you're ascribing to one's inability to relinquish control, I'm attributing to differences in brain chemistry. Probably two sides of the same coin. If so, why do some people experience good highs with some drugs and not others?

this was about 14 years ago so I cannot tell if there was rash or anything else.

Then best to assume a true allergy. Probably better not to reintroduce more addictive substances into your life anyhow.

Then best to assume a true allergy. Probably better not to reintroduce more addictive substances into your life anyhow.

cannot argue with that !

Did you call her the next day?

I think this is a very good point. That is why weed doesn't really appeal to me. From what I have observed, it relaxes and calms people. I am the most laid back, easy going non-pothead you will ever meet. The only 2 drugs that really appealed to me were X(then I found out about Molly) and LSD, which I have now tried and liked both.

I've gotten to the point where drinking just isn't much fun anymore. Over the summer, I drank maybe 6 times, I ended up getting trashed every time because I wasn't really having fun and my solution was to keep drinking. There are definitely certain times where drinking will still be fun for me, but just the run-of-the-mill bar night on Thursday or Friday just isn't fun anymore. I'd almost rather just stay in watching netflix and save the money.

I am thinking, for the time being, I would rather roll(molly) once a month or 2 than drink once or twice a week. It is also much cheaper. LSD is something you really need to plan ahead and put yourself in the right setting for an entire day. Molly is easier to control and only lasts a few hours. The only bad thing with Molly is it kind of saps your mood for a day or two, but physically you are fine. This is why Molly has EXPLODED over the last few years.

Molly is easier to control and only lasts a few hours. The only bad thing with Molly is it kind of saps your mood for a day or two, but physically you are fine. This is why Molly has EXPLODED over the last few years.

What kind of Molly are you doing that only lasts a few hours? Few as in 2 or 3 or few as in 4-6? What does it look like?

What kind of Molly are you doing that only lasts a few hours? Few as in 2 or 3 or few as in 4-6? What does it look like?

yeah. the stuff I did last week was ridonk.

1/2 gram lasted 4 hours easy and that was just when the come down started

I think this is a very good point. That is why weed doesn't really appeal to me. From what I have observed, it relaxes and calms people. I am the most laid back, easy going non-pothead you will ever meet. The only 2 drugs that really appealed to me were X(then I found out about Molly) and LSD, which I have now tried and liked both.

I've gotten to the point where drinking just isn't much fun anymore. Over the summer, I drank maybe 6 times, I ended up getting trashed every time because I wasn't really having fun and my solution was to keep drinking. There are definitely certain times where drinking will still be fun for me, but just the run-of-the-mill bar night on Thursday or Friday just isn't fun anymore. I'd almost rather just stay in watching netflix and save the money.

I am thinking, for the time being, I would rather roll(molly) once a month or 2 than drink once or twice a week. It is also much cheaper. LSD is something you really need to plan ahead and put yourself in the right setting for an entire day. Molly is easier to control and only lasts a few hours. The only bad thing with Molly is it kind of saps your mood for a day or two, but physically you are fine. This is why Molly has EXPLODED over the last few years.

Be careful. People get permanently messed up from doing too much of that sh!t. It can fock you up emotionally or just drive you straight crazy.

Did you call her the next day?

Different itch

But didn't you want to get high when you experimented with drugs? What you're ascribing to one's inability to relinquish control, I'm attributing to differences in brain chemistry. Probably two sides of the same coin. If so, why do some people experience good highs with some drugs and not others?

Depends how you define "want." In each case somebody had them and offered them to me, so I said "sure, I'll try it." It wasn't like I had emotionally geared up for a night of wantonness. And as they started taking effect, my brain went into "I don't want to lose control" mode I guess.

Depends how you define "want." In each case somebody had them and offered them to me, so I said "sure, I'll try it." It wasn't like I had emotionally geared up for a night of wantonness. And as they started taking effect, my brain went into "I don't want to lose control" mode I guess.

I think it's more about neurobiology than volition, but the two are obviously intertwined.

If only we could control our sensations by willpower alone; no one would ever need to experience pain. ;)

Sometimes it can help when you have twenty-twenty-twenty-four hours to go with nothing to do and nowhere to go-ho.

This describes me exactly. :thumbsup:

Yeah, 4-5 depending on how much. I've done a few different kinds. First time it was really weak and barely felt anything, in beige tablets. Second time was the most powerful, 2 hits of pure white in capsules, that was nuts and it lasted actually a solid 6+ hours. The last time I only took one then slowly took another(it was in white powder form, dissolved the last in a bottle of water and slowly drank it). Definitely not the kick of the other stuff, but definitely made me feel fantastic for about 4 or 5 hours, but it was late and the party died on me and I spent the last of it chilling with a few friends/by myself so it was hard to judge the stuff.

Be careful. People get permanently messed up from doing too much of that sh!t. It can fock you up emotionally or just drive you straight crazy.

Oh yeah, I am aware. I am super, super cautious with the stuff. I have really only taken it twice now, and I plan on taking it MAYBE once every month or two, probably not even that often. I live in a college town, but there are very, very few places where molly would be fun to take. I plan on occasionally going to concerts/ragers and taking it then. I think it is highly music and people dependent, it is not fun if you are by yourself as I recently discovered.