Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Packers vs. 49ers

I see Pack winning..... And then handed an unexpected nice gift back from Seattle. (Unexpected Home game for GB)

Seattle at Pack rematch

But, that might be my hommer glasses. I could also see Atlanta in the SB.

Note about GB:

In there last game against Minn around the 4th qrt. - I could have sworn I heard Rodgers on a snap count say "?????.....F.......Seahawk....Hike

Maybe I misheard though. If somebody recorded the game, I'd sure be interested to know if he really said what i thought I heard. funny.

I see Pack winning..... And then handed an unexpected nice gift back from Seattle. (Unexpected Home game for GB)

Seattle at Pack rematch

But, that might be my hommer glasses. I could also see Atlanta in the SB.

Note about GB:

In there last game against Minn around the 4th qrt. - I could have sworn I heard Rodgers on a snap count say "?????.....F.......Seahawk....Hike

Maybe I misheard though. If somebody recorded the game, I'd sure be interested to know if he really said what i thought I heard. funny.

Did not catch that on Rodgers...would be funny if he did...but doubt he would do so knowing it would get brought up later. He seems quite careful with that type of thing.

As for the Packers...I think they have become a bit more physical of a team on the Oline which should help them some. They are not just finesse as some want to think.

They have to have some semblance of a run game and have to keep the Smith's off of Rodgers back.

The WRs should have a nice advantage over the 9ers DBs.

As for the gift by Seattle...a road game to Atl is not that bad of a gift for the Packers as they do play quite well on turf :).

Did not catch that on Rodgers...would be funny if he did...but doubt he would do so knowing it would get brought up later. He seems quite careful with that type of thing.

As for the Packers...I think they have become a bit more physical of a team on the Oline which should help them some. They are not just finesse as some want to think.

They have to have some semblance of a run game and have to keep the Smith's off of Rodgers back.

The WRs should have a nice advantage over the 9ers DBs.

As for the gift by Seattle...a road game to Atl is not that bad of a gift for the Packers as they do play quite well on turf :).

He probably didn't say it..... But what I thought I heard was a bunch of other things first, then I know I heard a hard letter F for a long time, then a quick "Seahawk Hike".

It was very unnoticable until you really sit back and think about it.

I could have easily miss heard though.

I think if Atlanta gets past Seattle, they go to the SB. And a home game for anybody is HUGE, especially in the NFC Championship game and after a hard fought battle on the road vs 49ers.

Pulling for 49ers and hawks just so I can see another matchup between the 2.

San Francisco – class organization, ton of talent on both sides of the ball, very well-coached, well-rested, at home, and game planning and researching the packers for two weeks now….. beaten them the first game of the season

Plenty to like there :thumbsup:

However….. this game they won’t be able to mug and hold the Packer receivers like they did with the replacement refs …. Cobb and Jones have emerged greatly since that first game…. The #3 and #4 SF CBs are going to be at the top of their games…

No keeping the safeties back like the first game for SF either…. The packers have a superfast, shifty midget back now that is getting better and better…. He loves to catch the ball out of the backfield and go….

Rodgers is hot right now… He destroyed a tough Min defense (as both SF and Houston can attest to) six hundred some yards, 7 TDs, in about 6 quarters of work…. If he is on his game and protected, the Packers win.

If Justin Smith is healthy and effective that will spell big problem for the Packers because that also makes Aldon Smith a beast.

If Kaepernick plays great with no turnovers, the Pack is also in trouble… I love his skill set... he just has to prove he can do it on the big stage...

How will he handle the pressure of his first playoff game? :dunno:

Should be a great game :cheers:

donhaas is a homer! :cheers:

I'll take the Packers in this game. Here is why:

The 49ers stopped the Patriots passing game strength, which is the middle of the field. However, they could not stop Brandon Lloyd and the deep pass. The Packers don't really use Finley but have legitimate deep threats in Jones and Jennings. Cobb, Finley, and Nelson are the middle of the field players Rodgers can go to if the 9ers try to stop the deep ball.

GB doesn't have to run the ball because they don't to run it. If they do use someone, it will be Kuhn on screens.

Good match up. I say GB in a tight game. SF will take themselves out of it by not using Gore enough.

24-20

I think SF can win this game if they get plays big plays by their defense and special teams but in the end I'd have to give the edge to Rodgers and company who have been there and done it before against essentially a rookie starting his first playoff game.

If the last New Orleans SF playoff game is any indication this could be a great one.

I already saw this game in GB and it wasn't as close as the final score indicated. GB was also completely healthy then. Rodgers holds on to the ball way too much and that is not good against SF.

Gore had a field day in GB and I don't see this game being any different with the added threat of Kaep's running ability.

31-17 SF

I already saw this game in GB and it wasn't as close as the final score indicated. GB was also completely healthy then. Rodgers holds on to the ball way too much and that is not good against SF.

Gore had a field day in GB and I don't see this game being any different with the added threat of Kaep's running ability.

31-17 SF

Two way, way different teams at different times....

Bad trolling :thumbsdown:

But I guess, according to your own logic, that you already saw the NFC Championship Game then, too..... :doh:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012122313/2012/REG16/49ers@seahawks#menu=highlights&tab=recap :lol:

Much more pertinent because it just happened a couple weeks ago versus early September

Two way, way different teams at different times....

Bad trolling :thumbsdown:

But I guess, according to your own logic, that you already saw the NFC Championship Game then, too..... :doh:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012122313/2012/REG16/49ers@seahawks#menu=highlights&tab=recap :lol:

Much more pertinent because it just happened a couple weeks ago versus early September

Meh, you'll get to tell me how wrong I was on Saturday night.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIF Justin Smith plays I like Niners chances. If not , it could get ugly. I'm fooooocking terrified :overhead:

Pulling for the Pack.

The thought of watching the 9ers in the SB makes me a bit sick. The quicker they and Baltimore are gone, the better.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIF Justin Smith plays I like Niners chances. If not , it could get ugly. I'm fooooocking terrified :overhead:

I love Justin Smith... what a warrior

Found this article interesting on him

I just don't know how effective he's going to be with one arm....(or if there is a two-armed guy behind him who would be more effective)

But he will provide an emotional boost just being out there in uniform :thumbsup:

3:56 Jerry Rice very clearly fumbles..... game should be over :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWPQoFwVkrk

Whooo boy dont get me started. Im from SF and was sitting in the stands for that game. To be honest, in real speed its very tough to see, I can understand not calling it a fumble without replay. But man that was a great game, the crowd was great.

Whooo boy dont get me started. Im from SF and was sitting in the stands for that game. To be honest, in real speed its very tough to see, I can understand not calling it a fumble without replay. But man that was a great game, the crowd was great.

The look on Favre's face at 8:17 is funnier now than it was back then :lol:

If it's any consolation to Sharper, it was a nice hit, he had the back of the endzone covered and it wasn't quite as bad as 4th and 26 :doh:

it wasn't quite as bad as 4th and 26 :doh:

Why do you continue to do these things to me??? Dont bring up 4th and 26 are u mad?!! All i do is get angry and relive the nightmare!

ITS FRICKING 4TH AND 26!!!!! YOU SIMPLY CANT CONVERT THAT!! i THINK THATS EVEN A RULE, ARTICLE 12 SECTION 3: IF IT IS 4TH AND 26 THE BALL IS TURNED OVER AND NO DOWN IS PLAYED! WHAT THE EFF WAS BARNETT DOING PLAYIONG SO CLOSE!!??

I am a Packer Fan who still prefers the NFL before they put in replay. Replay is killing this game, do you really want to wait 5 minutes to find out if your team "really" scored. I will take the rare "Rice Non Fumble" call to get the game moving again. I hate to say this but watching an NFL football game live on TV is boring. I have been recording the games and blowing through them in under 2 hours including my own replays.

I think this is a game the home team will win and it should be close.

Why do I keep hearing "if" Justin Smith plays? From what I've heard, the dude has practiced all week and is listed as probable :dunno: This is a better status than half of the Packer roster has dealt with all year.

anyway, these are two very good teams. Best game of the week.

Pack by three.

I see the playoff stage being too much for Kaepernick & making a couple crucial mistakes that prove costly in the 4th quarter of a tight game. I've got the Packers winning 24-20.

I firmly belive that the winner of this game will represent the NFC in the Superbowl.Yes the Pack is hungry and have some players back. They got a little bug for RB now that could have a nice game. No doubt Rodgers likes to go down the field which causes him to hold onto the ball too long. I think that will change for him this game and he'll throw to the open underneath guy more because of SF's pressure on him. Yes they give up a lotta sacks but ya gotta catch him if he breaks the pocket where he's really dangerous. SF has to be focused and committed to their assignments and defensive gameplan to beat the Packers. Don't worry so much about sacking Rodgers but getting pressure on him and forcing him to throw when he's not ready causing him to turn the ball over. I have Rodgers in several money leagues and believe he's the best in the NFL. Not gonna debate it, it's just my opinion. SF can cause problems for him and that's what they must do. Keep him in the pocket and force him to make mistakes.

I think Crabtree's gonna have a difficult day so the Niners MUST rely on the running game and putting together long drives keeping Rodgers off the field. I'd like to see Kaepernick not run so much but pound the rock with Gore & James plus finally look Vernon Davis' way and dink & dunk to the TE's to move the chains. The more time the Niners offense spends on the field the better their chances are of winning. They know they can beat the Packers and they're still pissed & have a chip on their shoulder from being so close last year. I look for enough solid play & motivation from the 49ers to beat the Packers and move on. S.F.-27/G.B.-24

I firmly belive that the winner of this game will represent the NFC in the Superbowl.Yes the Pack is hungry and have some players back. They got a little bug for RB now that could have a nice game. No doubt Rodgers likes to go down the field which causes him to hold onto the ball too long. I think that will change for him this game and he'll throw to the open underneath guy more because of SF's pressure on him. Yes they give up a lotta sacks but ya gotta catch him if he breaks the pocket where he's really dangerous. SF has to be focused and committed to their assignments and defensive gameplan to beat the Packers. Don't worry so much about sacking Rodgers but getting pressure on him and forcing him to throw when he's not ready causing him to turn the ball over. I have Rodgers in several money leagues and believe he's the best in the NFL. Not gonna debate it, it's just my opinion. SF can cause problems for him and that's what they must do. Keep him in the pocket and force him to make mistakes.

I think Crabtree's gonna have a difficult day so the Niners MUST rely on the running game and putting together long drives keeping Rodgers off the field. I'd like to see Kaepernick not run so much but pound the rock with Gore & James plus finally look Vernon Davis' way and dink & dunk to the TE's to move the chains. The more time the Niners offense spends on the field the better their chances are of winning. They know they can beat the Packers and they're still pissed & have a chip on their shoulder from being so close last year. I look for enough solid play & motivation from the 49ers to beat the Packers and move on. S.F.-27/G.B.-24

This is a very good anaylsis :thumbsup:

'cept for the final score :lol:

3rd down conversions are going to be huge for both teams

Rodgers has the flu, if that makes you feel any better :blink:

What will Joe Buck do if Moss moons the GB sideline?

This is why they had Randy Moss all year. Genius. Harbaughs are my heroes.