Sign in to follow this  
roroco

Any one else lose a little respect for Jim Harbaugh and the Niners?

I was rooting for the Ravens, but my team is the Packers. So, I wasn't vested in the game all that much. I thought it was a good game, but only after the power outage when the Niners were able to regroup. After the game though, the amount of whining I heard from Jim Harbaugh, Frank Gore, and the fans was disturbing.

Yes, that hold on Crabtree could have been called, but no ref is going to throw that flag and give the game to a team on a pass that was probably not catchable and almost looked like a throwaway pass. It was a broken play that didn't deserve 4 more chances. Plus, the Niners were on the opposite end of that no-call against the Falcons and Roddy White.

Yes, there might have been a hold on the Jacoby Jones TD, but a hold can be call on every single play in the NFL if you look hard enough. This one was not that blatant to be up in arms about the call.

Finally, the no-call on the holds for the safety play didn't change a single thing. The play still would have been whistled when Koch stepped out of bounds and the result of the penalty would have been a safety. The Ravens knew a hold wouldn't change the outcome so the mugged the Niners. That was smart. Expect a rule change next year.

The refs were letting the teams play. There were off sides and late hits that weren't called on both sides. The officiating was balanced and did not cost the Niners the game. I wish their coach, players and fans would just be gracious and take the defeat with class. I was expecting more out of that team. Jim needs to learn from his brother how to get medium and not act so entitled.

All that said, I am not a Kaepernick fan, but his post game interview was perfect. He took it on his shoulders and was humble.

Harbaugh has been a whiner for a while now. I have nothing against the 49ers but he's the main reason I was rooting against them. He's a major leauge a-hole and I'm glad he was throwing his childish tantrums with the whole world watching.

Fairly early in the season, the 49ers beat the Seahawks on a Thursday night game 13-6. As Seattle players were boarding the team buses to head to the airport, Harbaugh drove right by their bus, honking his horn, and waving in a derisive manner with a large sh!t eating grin. Which of course helped motivate the beatdown the Seahawks gave the 49ers later in the season.

Harbaugh is a clown. And his team is going to have to fight very hard next year to come out of the NFC West to even make the playoffs.

I was rooting for the Ravens, but my team is the Packers. So, I wasn't vested in the game all that much. I thought it was a good game, but only after the power outage when the Niners were able to regroup. After the game though, the amount of whining I heard from Jim Harbaugh, Frank Gore, and the fans was disturbing.

Yes, that hold on Crabtree could have been called, but no ref is going to throw that flag and give the game to a team on a pass that was probably not catchable and almost looked like a throwaway pass. It was a broken play that didn't deserve 4 more chances. Plus, the Niners were on the opposite end of that no-call against the Falcons and Roddy White.

Yes, there might have been a hold on the Jacoby Jones TD, but a hold can be call on every single play in the NFL if you look hard enough. This one was not that blatant to be up in arms about the call.

Finally, the no-call on the holds for the safety play didn't change a single thing. The play still would have been whistled when Koch stepped out of bounds and the result of the penalty would have been a safety. The Ravens knew a hold wouldn't change the outcome so the mugged the Niners. That was smart. Expect a rule change next year.

The refs were letting the teams play. There were off sides and late hits that weren't called on both sides. The officiating was balanced and did not cost the Niners the game. I wish their coach, players and fans would just be gracious and take the defeat with class. I was expecting more out of that team. Jim needs to learn from his brother how to get medium and not act so entitled.

All that said, I am not a Kaepernick fan, but his post game interview was perfect. He took it on his shoulders and was humble.

Both harbaughs are whiners its just which one would get a chance

Both harbaughs are winners.

Doesn't matter what you think of them, they're successful coaches. I think that was John's best shot at it, so congrats to him. Jimmy will be back, his team should be good for awhile.

Both harbaughs are whiners its just which one would get a chance

I live in MD. So, I have seen John whine a bit, but he doesn't take it any where near the levels of Jim. Just looking at their sideline demeanor, you can tell John is much more poised than Jim is.

Yes, that hold on Crabtree could have been called, but no ref is going to throw that flag and give the game to a team on a pass that was probably not catchable and almost looked like a throwaway pass.

How can you call in uncatchable?

You admitted there was a hold and Crabtree missed the ball by about a foot.

But I agree with most of the other things you mention.

Both Harbaughs are whiners? Sure they are. WHo the fock isn't? Do you even watch the games? What receiver that gets defended on a catch, doesn't jump up looking for the flag, or make the throw the flag motion? What coach doesn't scream at the line judge 34 times a game? every nfl game is just a constant whine-fest

How can you call in uncatchable?

You admitted there was a hold and Crabtree missed the ball by about a foot.

But I agree with most of the other things you mention.

Even though there was a hold, it was a bump and run coverage. It was the last yard that was suspect. Plus, Crabtree ran into the DB instead of to the back corner. I don't think Crabtree ran the proper route for the back-of-the-endzone fade and the ball was thrown in a rush. It landed a few yards out of the endzone. It would have been a tough catch even if Crabtree ran the route perfectly and wasn't held. Yes, there was a minor hold, but it was a broken play all around.

Harbaugh has been a whiner for a while now. I have nothing against the 49ers but he's the main reason I was rooting against them. He's a major leauge a-hole and I'm glad he was throwing his childish tantrums with the whole world watching.

I feel the same way... Jim looks like a douce all the time, even when he isn't angry

I feel the same way... Jim looks like a douce all the time, even when he isn't angry

There are probably fans of 20-25 teams who would gladly take Jim Harbaugh as the HC of their franchise right now.

Even though there was a hold, it was a bump and run coverage. It was the last yard that was suspect. Plus, Crabtree ran into the DB instead of to the back corner. I don't think Crabtree ran the proper route for the back-of-the-endzone fade and the ball was thrown in a rush. It landed a few yards out of the endzone. It would have been a tough catch even if Crabtree ran the route perfectly and wasn't held. Yes, there was a minor hold, but it was a broken play all around.

They were talking about it on M & M this morning and I thought what they were saying made sense. Crabtree may have run it wrong. He initiated contact with the DB which is probably why he didn't get the holding call. If he would have faked the slant then headed to the corner he would have either been closer to catching the ball or the hold would have been called if the DB grabbed him. Supposedly that was how it is usually called and I think if that is the case it is a very fair no call by the ref. If Crabs initiates contact, he's on his own.

Both Harbaughs are whiners? Sure they are. WHo the fock isn't? Do you even watch the games? What receiver that gets defended on a catch, doesn't jump up looking for the flag, or make the throw the flag motion? What coach doesn't scream at the line judge 34 times a game? every nfl game is just a constant whine-fest

Thank you..........

So if that is to be called, then so too should the Bowman hold on Roddy White in the NFC championship, or is that one somehow "ok".....

So if that is to be called, then so too should the Bowman hold on Roddy White in the NFC championship, or is that one somehow "ok".....

What's your point? Did he ref swallow the flag because he was thinking of the Roddy White play from a different game?

I have no problem with the non call, but one play should have nothing to do with another play. It's either holding or it's not. I guess in this case, it wasn't. Trent Dilfer made a statement after the game that if the Ref had called the penalty, he would have bailed SF out of a bad play. To me, that's 2nd grade thinking. The only thing that should matter is if he was held or not.

PI/Def holding is the most subjective part of officiating. Call could have gone either way, just like the call on Roddy White. One went for them, one against. In a close game, there are always calls people are going to dispute as game changers. I thought the game was pretty well officiated. Like it when there aren't a lot of flags.

I lost some respect for Jim Harbaugh whining about the officiating after the game. I think it made him look like a poor sport and sorta confirmed what the haters have been saying about his character.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Jim Harbaugh now or anything, but it gave me pause.

I expected that dooshbag to whine. I had no respect for him, so didn't lose much. What bugged me is Frank Gore saying that they're the better team and they let it get away. They said the same thing when they lost to the Giants last year in the NFC Championship game. They're the better team, let it get away, blah blah blah.

At some point, you need to win the games or shut the fock up. :thumbsdown:

There are probably fans of 20-25 teams who would gladly take Jim Harbaugh as the HC of their franchise right now.

I'm not judging the man on his ability. He's obviously a talented coach. I just don't like him and I'm not alone.

How many things went the 49ers way reagrding calls? The refs were letting them go all night. On that play Hell crabtree was pushing off the helmet the call could have gone either way - and it was way o9ve his head. Even if Crabtree was uncovered it would of been a S. Holmes type catch to score.

Funny thing, I really liked Harbaugh when he was coaching Stanford. But no so much with the 49ers. Seems like he blames everyone but himself. Guess I must have missed him doing that at Stanford.

This game could have easily been 42-6 Ravens. Had the power not gone out, the Ravens had all the momentum. It's not something to underestimate. One more score and it's 35-6. Just happened to fall the way it did. Made for a good game. I don't see that as holding at the end. If you call that, you have to call the Bowman hold in the Atlanta game and the 49ers aren't in the SB. And even if you do give the 49ers a TD, and they get the 2 pointer, they are only up by 3 with at least a minute to go. The Ravens had all their timeouts. Could easily pass down field and got it back. Good game, but he blaming game should probably stop.

I lost some respect for Jim Harbaugh whining about the officiating after the game. I think it made him look like a poor sport and sorta confirmed what the haters have been saying about his character.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Jim Harbaugh now or anything, but it gave me pause.

Agreed. I generally hate whining about the refs. IMO, if you don't want the refs to impact the end of the game, be up at the end taking knees in the victory formation -- don't play like shiot for the first 2.5 quarters, botch time management and blow critical timeouts, call 4 consecutive passing plays with arguably the best running QB in football, etc.

Agreed. I generally hate whining about the refs. IMO, if you don't want the refs to impact the end of the game, be up at the end taking knees in the victory formation -- don't play like shiot for the first 2.5 quarters, botch time management and blow critical timeouts, call 4 consecutive passing plays with arguably the best running QB in football, etc.

Yeah, the play calling was surprising on the last set of downs. Ran the ball on first down which I liked. 3 plays from the 5 and they went empty backfield on all three. Even if you are going to pass, at least make them defend the run. Thought the formations they used severly limited their options.

I like Harbaugh. Says what he thinks and doesn't care about others perception of him.

Didn't care which team won.

Don't mind someone upset if they don't get a call, but Jim Harbaugh appears to argue for a call his team's way EVERY time I've ever seen him on camera during a game.

I would argue that doing that loses its effectiveness.

Need to pick your battles so when there is one biggie, you have a respectable gripe.

Bengals fan here.... I'll take Jim Harbaugh in a cocaine heartbeat over Marvin Lewis. I hate whiny coaches/players/fans as much as the next person but the guy is a great coach.

I live in MD. So, I have seen John whine a bit, but he doesn't take it any where near the levels of Jim. Just looking at their sideline demeanor, you can tell John is much more poised than Jim is.

what about when he was berating the stadium official during the black out? I mean, just being a total ###### nugget to the poor guy trying to do his job.

what about when he was berating the stadium official during the black out? I mean, just being a total ###### nugget to the poor guy trying to do his job.

I mean... the lights went out for 30+ minutes when the Ravens had the momentum. If I were in John's position, I would be irate too. This is the Super bowl. You don't expect the lights to go out in the stadium. Someone at the Superdome screwed up royally and deserved a verbal lashing there.

I mean... the lights went out for 30+ minutes when the Ravens had the momentum. If I were in John's position, I would be irate too. This is the Super bowl. You don't expect the lights to go out in the stadium. Someone at the Superdome screwed up royally and deserved a verbal lashing there.

You should have seen him at the AFC Championship game. He was all over the person with the orange gloves who tells the ref that they are taking a TV timeout and when they are coming back. It was either a small guy or a woman who was sending in the signals and Harbaugh was all over him/her after an injury caused a cut-away. I think that he thought it was taking too long (which it probably was). However, what the fock is that person going to do about it. They are just sending in the info from the network to the officials.

Both Harbaughs are a-holes. Competitive a-holes who are good coaches. :dunno:

ETA: ... and how about this quote taken from Peter King's MMQB

"Jim goes quickly off the deep end while John seems to be more constantly off the deep end."

-- Former NFL officiating czar Mike Pereira, now a rules analyst for FOXsports.com, on the Harbaugh brothers.

They were talking about it on M & M this morning and I thought what they were saying made sense. Crabtree may have run it wrong. He initiated contact with the DB which is probably why he didn't get the holding call. If he would have faked the slant then headed to the corner he would have either been closer to catching the ball or the hold would have been called if the DB grabbed him. Supposedly that was how it is usually called and I think if that is the case it is a very fair no call by the ref. If Crabs initiates contact, he's on his own.

That is besides the point. How does Harbaugh and the Niners not call plays for Gore and Kaepernick with 4 shots at the end zone? That's on Jimmy and he can whine all he wants but he f'd up.

How many things went the 49ers way reagrding calls? The refs were letting them go all night. On that play Hell crabtree was pushing off the helmet the call could have gone either way - and it was way o9ve his head. Even if Crabtree was uncovered it would of been a S. Holmes type catch to score.

So you're allowed to hold and interfere as long as it's a difficult catch for the WR, but not if it's an easy catch? :wacko:. I don't care if it would've taken a S. Holmes type of catch - Holmes made the catch! No matter how easy, how difficult, you can't keep a player from the opportunity to make that play.

Also, Crabtree tried pushing off because the DB was basically hugging him. Watch again, Crabtree isn't really physical until he's being blatantly held.

Both Harbaughs are a-holes. Competitive a-holes who are good coaches. :dunno:

This.

Been following these guys a long time, as their father coached my uncle in my home town. Every thing I've ever read about Jim indicates he's a complete ass..from HS all the way up to Jim Schwartz.

So you're allowed to hold and interfere as long as it's a difficult catch for the WR, but not if it's an easy catch? :wacko:. I don't care if it would've taken a S. Holmes type of catch - Holmes made the catch! No matter how easy, how difficult, you can't keep a player from the opportunity to make that play.

Also, Crabtree tried pushing off because the DB was basically hugging him. Watch again, Crabtree isn't really physical until he's being blatantly held.

Well said.

Regardless of if you thought it was holding or not, the argument that it shouldn't have been called because it would have been a tough catch or that it would have bailed the 49ers out of a bad play (Trent Dilfer) is foolish. Touch catch doesn't equal impossible and defensive holding isn't subject to weather the ball is catchable or not.

Good point on Crabtree trying to free himself. I know there are a lot of 49ers haters who are glad they lost, but at least be somewhat objective. Was Crabtree not supposed to try to get open after the DB grabbed his jersey? My god......

Quit whining

It was a debatable call at best, and fact is the Niners blew it with some terrible play-calling around the goal line.

And if you want to go back further, they blew it with an awful first half.

I wasn't rooting for either team. Just saying Niners fans are being total crybabies. You lost to a very dangerous team that hit its stride at the right moment and was playing the best ball it had all year. It happens. Give them the credit they are due and move on.

I didn't want either team to win (49ers get 6th superbowl and Ravens being a rival)...this is my take.

I agree with this, if you hold the WR off the line of scrimmage on a quick pass fade or at the goalline, it will always be uncatchable. And it will sometimes land out of bounds because the WR isn't where he usually is jumping, reaching, catching. And really look at this picture, he still almost caught it as it was just about a foot out of his reach and wasn't even close to being a Holmes type catch because of how much room there was for him to run thru the catch (see second link)

http://theadvocate.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=gDdPeNV$gfK9mxBuoeFaD8$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYs$ahr2rUTXtTOiqEZeUa9RWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_CryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/video/2013/02/03/0ap2000000135625_video_rhr_210.jpg

Quit whining

It was a debatable call at best, and fact is the Niners blew it with some terrible play-calling around the goal line.

And if you want to go back further, they blew it with an awful first half.

I wasn't rooting for either team. Just saying Niners fans are being total crybabies. You lost to a very dangerous team that hit its stride at the right moment and was playing the best ball it had all year. It happens. Give them the credit they are due and move on.

It's a focking football website and therefore football is discussed. Big play in the game and it's interesting on how this call is made. Nobody (at least in this thread) has taken anything away from the Ravens. It's a debate on that call and the fact that other plays affected the game doesn't really matter in this discussion.

Many (including Dilfer) say the flag shouldn't be thrown because it would have been a tough catch. So focking what? It could have been made, so that's a lame reason not to throw a flag.

That's all..............

I didn't want either team to win (49ers get 6th superbowl and Ravens being a rival)...this is my take.

I agree with this, if you hold the WR off the line of scrimmage on a quick pass fade or at the goalline, it will always be uncatchable. And it will sometimes land out of bounds because the WR isn't where he usually is jumping, reaching, catching. And really look at this picture, he still almost caught it as it was just about a foot out of his reach and wasn't even close to being a Holmes type catch because of how much room there was for him to run thru the catch (see second link)

http://theadvocate.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=gDdPeNV$gfK9mxBuoeFaD8$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYs$ahr2rUTXtTOiqEZeUa9RWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_CryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/video/2013/02/03/0ap2000000135625_video_rhr_210.jpg

Thanks. If they want to say no penalty occured, no problem. But don't say the ball was uncatchable so it wasn't thrown for that reason.............