• Creep- TLC
    • Kiss From a Rose- Seal
    • On Bended Knee- Boyz II Men
    • Another Night- Real McCoy
    • Fantasy- Mariah Carey
    • Take a Bow- Madonna
    • Don't Take It Personal (Just One of Dem Days)- Monica
    • This Is How We Do It- Montell Jordan

Newbie, the 70's and 80's threads were gretta. I said I was all for keeping it up. But, with what you have to work with in the 90's, you may want to put it to rest.

TLC is awesome. For real.

RIP Lisa :(

Newbie, the 70's and 80's threads were gretta. I said I was all for keeping it up. But, with what you have to work with in the 90's, you may want to put it to rest.

I asked everyone if they wanted to do the 90's, and it was overwhelmingly 'yes'. :dunno: I knew the choices were going to suck. I'll finish it out. Only four more years left.

Another Night was a great dance song back in the day. Gangsta's Paradise, On Bended Knee, and Fantasy were all decent songs that I own on MP3.

This comes down to two songs for me. As a DJ, This Is How We Do It can still pack the dance floor. But I'm going with Waterfalls by TLC. A great song by a pretty damn good female trio.

Fairly easy one for me: Kiss from a Rose is one of my favorite songs evah. HM to Gangsta's Paradise. This is How We Do It is kinda fun I suppose. The rest of that list sucks.

Gangsters Paradise and This is how we do it are the only decent songs here :(

I did not see Montel Jordan on the list, I stopped at TLC.

Deleted and voted for this is how we do it.

i STILL play that song when I dj, people love the sh1t out of that song

I did not see Montel Jordan on the list, I stopped at TLC.

Deleted and voted for this is how we do it.

i STILL play that song when I dj, people love the sh1t out of that song

:thumbsup:

One of my old school fall back songs that always packs the dance floor. Along with It Takes Two by Rob Base, Push It by Salt and Pepa, and My Prerogative by Bobby Brown. :banana:

I asked everyone if they wanted to do the 90's, and it was overwhelmingly 'yes'. :dunno: I knew the choices were going to suck. I'll finish it out. Only four more years left.

We have to ride this thing out all the way to 2012. It's like life. Sometimes it sucks, but you have no choice except to push on until death.

That said, I misjudged what would be on the 90's lists. I expected grunge to dominate, as my memory was that grunge was mainstream pop back then. The 80's lists were better than these thus far.

:thumbsup:

One of my old school fall back songs that always packs the dance floor. Along with It Takes Two by Rob Base, Push It by Salt and Pepa, and My Prerogative by Bobby Brown. :banana:

Tempted to Touch and Clear my Throat as well.. it's not 90's, but Get Low is a guaranteed floor packer.

We have to ride this thing out all the way to 2012. It's like life. Sometimes it sucks, but you have no choice except to push on until death.

That said, I misjudged what would be on the 90's lists. I expected grunge to dominate, as my memory was that grunge was mainstream pop back then. The 80's lists were better than these thus far.

"In December 1998, the policy was further modified to allow tracks to chart on the basis of airplay alone without a commercial release. This change was made to reflect the changing realities of the music business. Previous to this, several substantial radio and MTV hits had not appeared on the Billboard chart at all, because many major labels chose not to release them as standalone singles, hoping their unavailability would spur greater album sales. Not offering a popular song to the public as a single was unheard of before the 1970s. The genres that suffered most at the time were those that increasingly impacted pop culture, including new genres such as trip hop and grunge." That was from Wikipedia's Billboard Charts page.

In other words, record labels would not formally release certain songs as singles. Therefore, they didn't qualify for the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. That's why it seemed like you saw Smells Like Teen Spirit all over FM radio and MTV, but it didn't chart. This was the record companies way of trying to seel complete albums. Billboard changed to reflect these types of oft-played songs in their charts in '98.

Tempted to Touch and Clear my Throat as well.. it's not 90's, but Get Low is a guaranteed floor packer.

That's right, Get Low is a great one. As is Yeah by Usher. And Low by Flo Rida. "Apple bottom jeans and the boots with the fuuuuurrrr"

Songs 11-20:

I Know- Dionne Farris

Water Runs Dry- Boyz II Men

Freak Like Me- Adina Howard

Run-Around- Blues Traveler

I Can Love You Like That- All-4-One

Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman- Bryan Adams

Always- Bon Jovi

Boombastic/In the Summertime- Shaggy

Total Eclipse Of The Heart- Nikki French

You Gotta Be- Des'Ree

I could keep this going into '00's...

Voted Waterfalls over Gangsta's Paradise, but really I :wub: them both.

Songs 11-20:

I Know- Dionne Farris

Water Runs Dry- Boyz II Men

Freak Like Me- Adina Howard

Run-Around- Blues Traveler

I Can Love You Like That- All-4-One

Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman- Bryan Adams

Always- Bon Jovi

Boombastic/In the Summertime- Shaggy

Total Eclipse Of The Heart- Nikki French

You Gotta Be- Des'Ree

Always like big fat John Popper and Blues Traveler. Fat man can put on a great show.

Where is No Diggity on this list? I thought that was around this time.

Why dod DJ's back in the mid 90's :mad: always have to (at the clubs) play like 5 sh!tty songs before they went to California Love , Let me clear my throat , Big Poppa , etc. Used to really piss me off.

Why dod DJ's back in the mid 90's :mad: always have to (at the clubs) play like 5 sh!tty songs before they went to California Love , Let me clear my throat , Big Poppa , etc. Used to really piss me off.

Us DJ's have a term for guys who play all the good ones up front. "Shooting your wad" We don't want to do it too soon.

Ok, Bubbling Under- Notables between 21-100:

Hold My Hand- Hootie & the Blowfish

Strong Enough- Sheryl Crow

Let Her Cry- Hootie & The Blowfish

December- Collective Soul

I'm The Only One- Melissa Etheridge

Roll To Me- Del Amitri

No More 'I Love You's'- Annie Lennox

100% Pure Love- Crystal Waters

Good- Better Than Ezra

Cotton Eye Joe- The Rednex

Ok, Bubbling Under- Notables between 21-100:

Hold My Hand- Hootie & the Blowfish

Strong Enough- Sheryl Crow

Let Her Cry- Hootie & The Blowfish

December- Collective Soul

I'm The Only One- Melissa Etheridge

Roll To Me- Del Amitri

No More 'I Love You's'- Annie Lennox

100% Pure Love- Crystal Waters

Good- Better Than Ezra

Cotton Eye Joe- The Rednex

Much better list.

Shouldn't The Wallflowers and The Verve Pipe be somewhere around this time, too?

I could keep this going into '00's...

Voted Waterfalls over Gangsta's Paradise, but really I :wub: them both.

Same here. :thumbsup:

Always like big fat John Popper and Blues Traveler. Fat man can put on a great show.

I played the shiot out of that CD, tons of awesome songs. :thumbsup:

Much better list.

Shouldn't The Wallflowers and The Verve Pipe be somewhere around this time, too?

1996 for each.

Keep it going for sure but i find myself not able to place 1 vote. WOW

I don't remember much of this garbage. Since song after song all royally sucked in the 90s -the Coolio song being Exhibit A- I never listened to anything on the radio but classic rock stations at this point.

Somehow Waterfalls slipped the blackout. That song was good. It's better than the Madonna song, the rest I don't remember nor do I care for a reminder.

So Waterfalls.

I guess Seal. OK song but hard to believe it was a best of year type song.